Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Achala V RaoYour feedback matters!
From last few month, I am having ulcer in my month. It recovered after 3-4 days but came after some days. Please suggest me what should I do?
I had wisdom toothache and swelling 1 week back. When consulted dentist she told me to go for wisdom tooth extraction as according to her it is decayed. I am afraid to go for the same as I have heard that it will affect health of my vision. Is wisdom tooth extraction safe to go for. Also with proper course of antibiotics and pain killers the pain and swelling has subsided. Kindly suggest what is best to go for.
I am a 25 year's old. I am suffering for bad breadth. Coming bad smell from my mouth while speaking. I don't have any bad habits like smoking drinking etc. I consulting dentist and cleaning my teeths twice a year. Twice a day brushing too. Can u help me to get rid of the smell.
Hey, I have a problem like my teeth are yellow and very small. I brush twice in a day. But, there is no improvements in it. Please suggest me something.
I have itching in my tongue from some months I have tried types of medicines from doctors but it doesn't help me. so, please advice me what to do.?
Why my skin is growing inside of the both corner of my mouth and it cause pain and it pain my ear can't eat spicy food and can't open my mouth properly and it's pain my teeth.
I have yellowing at my front two teeth bottom, though I do brush properly and regularly, what should I do to whiten it or make natural, tell me about medicine and diet for it.
I had root canal last year and it was alright till last month but now it has started paining whenever I eat or drink something hot. please help me. What to do ?
Sir, my father age is 51. One of the dentist had remove my father original teeth & putted artificial teeth permanently in his mouth. After some day when evr he used to eat something hard. From inside of teeth its started paining to him.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can occur due to a multitude of reasons and is quite disconcerting. Chewing gum, using breath mints and mouthwash are just temporary solutions as they do not address the problem. Read on more to find all about the different causes, symptoms of bad breath and also about their prevention.
- Food: If food particles, which are stuck in and around your teeth start decaying, they promote bacterial growth, which causes a foul odor in the mouth. Eating certain foods, such as spices, onion and garlic also cause foul odor.
- Tobacco products: Smoking and chewing tobacco not only causes gum disease, but also causes a foul odor to be present, thus causing bad breath.
- Poor dental hygiene: If you do not brush daily, food particles in your mouth get stuck in your mouth between the teeth in particular, which decay and cause bad breath. A form of bacteria known as plaque forms over the teeth, which over time decays teeth and also causes foul breath.
- Dry mouth: A medical condition known as dry mouth, also known as xerostomia can contribute to bad breath as in this condition; the amount saliva produced from the salivary glands is reduced. This results in the growth of bacteria, which causes bad breath.
- Medications: Some medications can cause foul breath in an indirect manner as they cause dry mouth as a side effect, which in turn causes bad breath. Other medications break down in your body and the chemicals, which the medicine contains can be carried on your breath.
Dentists would usually rate the odor from your mouth either by smelling or by using certain sophisticated odor detectors. The back of the tongue is often the source of smell and the dentist is also likely to scrape the region and rate its odor.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: If the bad breath is due to the formation of plaque, brushing and flossing on a regular basis will prevent its growth, thus reducing or eliminating bad breath. Using mouthwashes also kills bacteria, hence eliminating the bad breath causing bacteria from your mouth.
- Treatment of dental disease: Gum disease can also cause bad breath as in this disease, the gums pull away from the teeth, which gives scope for bacterial growth causing bad breath. Treating gum disease, thus would also eliminate the scope for bacterial growth and eliminate bad breath at the same time.