Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Abhishek NagarajYour feedback matters!
Hi sir/madam I am suffering with tooth decay problem since 3 months what to do now I need to consult the doctor or is there any tooth paste for that.
I am 55 years old, while sleeping my mouth gets very dry with the result I hv to consume water 5 - 6 times in the night resulting in bad and breaking sleep. Pls advise.
My jaw not open fully when i try to open but jaw muscle not support what is the treatment please give me only two fingers are going inside mouth?
I have ulcer problem in my mouth. When I change my location and change my food this problem often occur with me. So suggests me what should I do?
I have a teeth infected and half of it is already broken. Hence it is paining and disturbing me a lot. Should I do the root canal treatment or I should take it out? Please suggest.
She has pain in her teeth for over 4 or 5 days, its too painful she can't even eat food, she can not handle it she don't work at all please help
I am suffering from teeth problem. They are in yellowish colour. I used to brush daily my teeth, but they don't become white. Why? Tell me reason. And also proper solution.
Hi I have a problem in my teeth that gap is coming between teeth. This problem was stated just one year back. I take it normally but now it won't look nice. I want a perfect solution for this. If any treatment there please suggest it and also tell the maximum cost of the treatment.
Mouth gum problem. Like Periodontal Disease so give me a treatment. This problem with pain and swelling.
We all think brushing is the best favour we could do to our teeth and mouth, right? No! Incorrectly done, brushing can do more damage than good. It is always advisable to check with your dentist if you are brushing the right way. In fact, a lot of periodontal diseases and issues like abrasion are due to improper brushing techniques.
Let us look at some common issues related to brushing both good and bad.
- Tooth brush: Pick the right one. Firstly, the length, you should be able to reach all parts of the mouth, especially the last tooth, without having to open the mouth wide. Softer bristles are always preferred.
- Duration: If you brush 2 to 3 times daily, each brushing should not last more than 2 minutes. Divide the mouth into 4 quadrants upper right and left, lower right and left – and spend 30 seconds on each quadrant. Longer hours of brushing can lead to wearing of the enamel.
- Technique: A forceful front-and-back motion can cause a V-shaped notch at the gum line, leading to a condition called abrasion. The ideal way to brush is to begin at the gumline and go about in circular motions. Ensure all surfaces, outer and inner, of all teeth are covered.
- Force of brushing: The idea of brushing is to remove the soft deposits of plaque, which comes off very easily with brushing. Do not exert a lot of pressure in an attempt to remove plaque. The hardened tartar or stain can anyways not be removed with brushing and will need to be removed by the dentist.
- Habit: Most of us are habituated to begin at the same place and go about the same routine to finish brushing. Dentists advise that it is good to begin at different places each time. As you near the end of your brushing time, you are usually tired and just want to get done with it. Changing the start and end points gives all the teeth a fair chance of getting cleaned.
- Storing: Do not store your toothbrush in the toilet area and with a whole lot of brushes. Both contain enough bacteria, and your brush can do without it.
- Timing: If you have had acidic food, wait for about half an hour before you brush. The acidic environment softens the tooth and brushing it immediately can lead to easier wearing of the enamel.
- Changing brush: Any time the bristles lose their flexibility, it is time to change, usually about 3 months.
Never thought there are so many things to do and avoid with brushing? You are not alone, hopefully you can plan your brushing better the next time onwards. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.