Doctor in THE ZUSAANLI MULTI THERAPY CLINIC
Submit a review for THE ZUSAANLI MULTI THERAPY CLINICYour feedback matters!
I am underweight ,only 42 kg age 17, height 5'8. I am very depressed about my weight concern. I eats a lot in a day, but my body is not putting weight, should I go through medical tests. What are the tests which can help me that why I am not gaining weight, please tell.
Most of us may not be aware, but the knee is the largest joint in the human body and contributes the maximum to a person’s physical movement from one place to another. The knees play a significant role in a variety of movements including squatting, supporting the weight, running, kneeling, sitting, etc.
Whether it is a severe accident, osteoarthritis that set in with age, or other reasons, the result could be stiff, painful knees. The first line of treatment would be exercise, physiotherapy, and medications. However, if these do not work, then surgical treatment is the choice. Though usually it is reserved for people over the age of 50, there could be exceptions.
Given the number of functions it is involved in, when a serious procedure like knee replacement is being considered, the pain that the person would go through and the recovery time are two important parameters to address. It is best that the patient has a detailed discussion with the doctor and gets all doubts clarified. This will help both the patient and the doctor have realistic and practical expectations about what to expect after the surgery.
So, when pain and stiffness make knee replacement inevitable, prepare for it. The following sequence outlines what happens right from surgery to recovery.
- Under general anesthesia, the damaged portion of the knee is removed, and a prosthesis (metal or plastic) is used to replace the removed portion.
- Hospital stay can range from 3 to 5 days.
- In about a month, the patient will have remarkable recovery, with almost no pain.
- Though not advisable, most patients would be able to stand and do basic movement on the day of surgery.
- Begin walking with the support of parallel bars and continue using cane/walker/crutches for the first few days to avoid overload on the knees.
- With proper support, walking is possible in 3 to 5 days. Continue using a cane for the next few weeks to strengthen the knee.
- Schedule a postoperative visit in the 4th to 6th week after surgery.
- Draw up an exercise routine with your physiotherapist.
- Ice pack can be applied to control swelling.
- Driving should be possible, once you are off pain medications, as these can make you drowsy.
- Blood clot in the surgical site causing a bruise will disappear in a couple of weeks.
- Knee replacement is almost magical as in the long run (10 years postoperatively), there is a good 98% chances of success.
Having said this, it is important to remember each person responds differently to the procedure and therefore treatment/rehabilitation is completely personalized. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Losing weight is very difficult and for that you don't have to eat less or exercise more as it will not work. The quantity of calories is not taken into account, but it is only the quality of the calories that make a huge difference without the need of you going hungry. It is very necessary that your body is able to burn the calories you eat and in this way, you can lose weight. Eating few calories on a regular basis can result in malnutrition, nutrient deficiencies and in unhealthy weight loss.
Conditions That Occur due to under eating: By intake of few calories on day to day basis, our body system learns to live with smaller amount, and it slows down the metabolism of your body. The worst thing is that you even stop losing weight and feel irritated as well as sluggish on the diet you intake. The practice can be reversed, and it will not take much time for your body to recover and its metabolism to become better.
Long term intake of low diet can also put you at a higher risk of nutritional deficiency. As by eating less, the body does not get the necessary vitamins and minerals required for daily functioning.
To keep alive it is very important that a minimum blood-glucose level is maintained. If the blood glucose is less than required, a lot of stress can be created on your organs, and it would damage vital organs of your body.
It is very important that we develop positive food thoughts, and constant restriction can result in eating disorders like orthorexia and anorexia.
Opt For Healthy Eating:
- The simple and healthy way which you can start with to lose weight would be at first to make small changes like eliminating beverages that are sugary as well as replacing your diet with healthier choices.
- It is best to avoid unhealthier choices like eating muffins and donuts for breakfast. Instead, you should eat whole foods, oatmeal, eggs and fruit for breakfast.
- The basic rules that should be followed are that men should not eat above 1500 calories in a day, and women should not eat above 1200 calories in a day.
- It is best to focus on eating healthy food instead of calorie counting. The weight loss may be slow, but it would be stable and long-lasting.
The most important step that needs to be followed to lose weight effectively is to have a proper mindset and follow a healthy diet to achieve your goal. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!