Doctor in Tatva Dermaessthetics
Patient Review Highlights
I am consulting her from past many years for any skin problems and have felt huge difference with my skin. Mostly my vistings were for skin pigmentation -Acanthosis Nigricans which is found one in thousands, however her treatment showed excellent results on me and built my confidence like anything. She is very friendly, caring, empathetic. On the other hand, her clinic is well equipped, perfectly maintained. I am thoroughly happy and satisfied with the treatment . I would definitely recommend her for all skin related problems and to see the best in you. Thanks Archana for the best treatment !!!
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my hair health. Finally with Dr Archhana Gullar's hair health treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a Tatva Dermaessthetics. I remember, I read an article of Dr Archhana Gullur in the paper and made contact. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but Archhana Gullur did it immediately and started the hair health treatment for it. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
I was suffering from hair fall. Dr Tatva Dermaesstheticshelped me alot to deal with my hairfall. From quite some time i was suffering from pain, but never gave much importance to it. The facilities available in the Tatva Dermaessthetics clinic are very nice. Even though Dr Archhana Gullur is not from our city, she is still very famous, so we consulted her. Dr Archhana Gullur is really like god send person. Overall hair fall treatment was very effective.
I was shocked to see no change in my dark skin ever after trying every home remedy. then I consulted drArchhana Gullur ,she is so nice. even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief.Everything was just spick and span in the Tatva Dermaessthetics in Bangalore .I was amazed that otherdoctors before him were not able to solve my problem, but she did it immediately and started the Treatment for it.
I was looking for a doctor who can give me the best skin whitening treatment. One of my friends recommended Dr Archhana who is a well known Dermatologist in Bangalore. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. She has helped me immensly with the treatment she provided. The complete process of skin whitening treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult her.
I had lost hope, but the oily skin treatment given by Dr Archhana Gullur has helped me regain my confidence. Tatva Dermaessthetics is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of. She is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call her in case of emergency. Archhana Gullur has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference.
Dr Archhana Gullur guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. I am really grateful as her hair loss treatment has give me a ray of hope. She has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail. She ensures that she listens to her patients. I am benefitted with the hairloss treatment she gave.
I was beyond impressed with my experience at this doctor’s office.She is extremely knowledgeable, dedicated, well informed Doctor. She ensures that her patients understand the problem, the pros and cons of the available treatment options. She is very friendly and approachable. Highly recommended.
. the Tatva Dermaessthetics have proper facilities for disabled patients as well. the complete process of chemical peel was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to my Archhana Gullur perfect advice.
Dr Archhana Gullar is one of the best physicians in city. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. I am so much benefitted with her ahir growth treatment, that i am perfectly fine now.
Dr Archana is very good in cosmetic treatment especially in acne scars, Feel really confident and beautiful after the treatments. Would recommend it all for better skin and maintenance for sure. It is always better to come to Dr Archana...She is very good & friendly...
dr Archhana Gullur is a very good dermatologist. Her understanding is excellent and gives right treatment. She listens and discusses an issue related to the problem. My problem was acne and pimples. I visited her at Tatva Dermaessthetics in Bangalore
I have had thisissue of pimples from quite some time. Dr Gullur is a very practical doctor. All the staff members were very helpful. It was so quite pleasant in the Tatva Dermaessthetics.
Dr. Archana is the only doctor I could approach to easily. Treats her patients with care, very much dedicated to her profession and always willing to answer any number questions.
Reliable professional, knows her job and update with trends and aesthetics, gives a patient hearing to patients needs/problems and suggests solutions.
She is amazing doctor. I have few treatments in her clinic. Excellent service. I recommend everybody to go there...
I didn't visit, since they said they can't see me at the allotted time.
Dr. Archhana Gullur provides answers that are very helpful. Thks mam
Awesome... Appointment on time.. Spot on analysis and treatment.
Rabi Kant Prasad
she is very gently to talk and she is very courteous.
It was a great experience. found solution!!
Very well treatment
Acne can be frustrating and annoying. A lot of unnecessary chaos can be avoided if people get the facts right.
1. Myth: Adults do not suffer from acne problems
Truth: While acne outbreaks are common amongst teenagers, adults are not spared either. In adults, the acne problems are essentially of two types; the late onset acne and the persistent acne. In many cases, it has been observed that the acne problems appear at a later period, mostly after 23 to 25 years of age (late onset acne). At other times, the unwanted acne outbreaks that mark its appearance during the teenage years linger for a longer period (persistent acne type).
2. Myth: A person's eating habits and lifestyle has no role to play in acne
Truth: Lifestyle and eating habits can influence a person's health. Excessive intake of sweets and simple carbohydrates can worsen the acne. Stress, fatigue, lack of proper sleep, can also aggravate the already frustrating acne problem.
3. Myth: Acne results from dirty skin, with adult men and women being equally affected
Truth: The Pilosebaceous unit of the skin plays a pivotal role in acne outbreaks. The oil producing gland (Sebaceous gland) of this unit acts as the main control. Certain hormones regulate the activity and size of this gland. An increase in the size of the sebaceous gland results in an increased oil secretion. The skin pores become very sticky. These pores serve as a host, into which the acne causing bacteria, P. acnes multiples.
Adult women are more prone to acne than their male counterparts. This is because, hormonal imbalance or alterations affects adult females more. Women often suffer from acne during menstruation.
4. Myth: Acne can spread from one person to another
Truth: More than often, acne is seen as a contagious dermatological problem. Though caused by the bacteria P. acnes, acne is not contagious. It is rather foolish to maintain a distance from the affected individual.
5. Myth: Acne is a minor problem and needs no medical intervention
Truth: Going for self-medication can do the acne more harm than good. Acne is influenced by a number of internal as well as external factors (stress, hormonal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyle). For an effective treatment, it is important to identify the root cause. It is best to consult a dermatologist at the earliest.
6. Myth: In case of acne, the face should be frequently washed and cleansed
Truth: Ideally, the face should be washed twice daily with a gentle cleanser. Some people get eternal pleasure in squeezing the heads of the spot. This can damage your skin beyond repair.
Do not allow acne problems to affect your self-confidence. Acne can be cured. Do not fall for the baseless myths.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The aging process is a natural phenomenon and can be treated with the help of anti-aging treatments that include botox, fillers and other such methods. All the treatments are safe and use the minimum invasive technology to treat the skin. If you're thinking about one or more of these treatments, do read this article to get and in depth idea about what do you need to know before you even set foot in a cosmetic surgeon or doctor's office?
Botulinum toxin (BTX) is a neurotoxic protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum and related species. Botulinum toxin types A and B are used in medicine to treat various muscle spasms and diseases characterized by overactive muscle. The commercial form is marketed under the brand name Botox. Botulinum toxin is administered by diluting the powder in saline (sodium chloride) and injecting it directly into neuromuscular tissue. It takes 24-72 hours for botulinum toxin to take effect, which reflects the time needed for the toxin to disrupt the synaptosomal process.
When injected, Botox relaxes muscles, preventing skin from creasing and causing wrinkles. It's effective for "expression lines", such as frown and surprise lines on the forehead and crow's feet around the eyes, and "turkey neck" – lines on the throat. The wrinkles will get smoother in a couple of days after availing the Botox. Botox injections give natural results that lasts generally 6 months to 1 year. Although, the treatment will show immediate results full visible results will be noticed only after a week or two. Botox is the most hassle free and safe anti-aging treatment that not only smoothes the wrinkles but also softens the creases formed on the skin.
Fillers offer a temporary solution and a firm, wrinkle free skin and also diminish scars.There protein fibres called collagen and elastin in the deeper layers of skin which are responsible for offering you a smooth and soft skin. With age, this protein tends to lose its elasticity and leaves out fine lines and scars on the face. The fillers Restylane and Juvederm are clinically proven to smooth and erase these lines formed on the skin. Apart from smoothing or tightening skin, injectable filler also aims to change the facial profile to a more youthful one. The injection of filler materials under the skin can fill in deep folds, such as nasolabial folds also called "bracket lines", running from the corner of the nose to the corner of the mouth, create fuller lips and pad out hollow cheeks and eyes. Hyaluronic acid fillers which are most widely used last UpTo 18months. Fat transfers - where your own body fat is extracted from another body part, processed and injected into your face, can sometimes last several years too.
Stay away from the wrinkles and fine lines and experience a youthful skin with the anti-aging Botox and fillers!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Your face is one of the first places where your age begins to become visible. It is for this reason that many people begin to hunt for the best anti-aging procedures. With these procedures, one can diminish the damage caused to the skin by wrinkles and skin sagging.
Contrary to popular belief, not all anti-aging procedures need surgery. A thread lift is one such non-invasive anti-aging procedure and can even be performed as an outpatient. This procedure involves insertion of threads along a marked path. The filaments of this thread attach themselves to the tissue around them. New collagen is then produced by the body which surrounds the filament and lifts sagging skin.
This procedure can be used to address drooping eyebrows as well as sagging skin around the cheeks, jowl and neck. It is best suitable from 30-60 years of age for both men and women. The affect lasts for 2-3 years. It may also be used to address problem areas in the neck, cleavage and other parts of the body.
- One of the biggest advantages of this procedure is that it leaves almost no scars and has a relatively short recovery time as compared to another form of plastic surgery. Some of the other advantages are:
- Short procedure that can be performed within approximately one hour. However, the exact duration of the procedure will depend on the number of filaments being inserted into the skin
- No hospital stay required.
- No need for general anesthesia and hence no risk of side effects that can be triggered by the same
- More affordable than a regular face lift
- Long lasting results
- Procedure can be tailored to suit the person’s needs
- Effects can be reversed if you are not happy with the outcome
The thread lift procedure does not have any major side effects as long as the procedure is being performed by an experienced doctor. In some cases, one may develop infections, bruising, temporary swelling and tenderness or temporary numbness. In order to tackle these, cold compresses can be applied to reduce swelling and any other kind of discomfort. Any other visible side effects normally diminish without any medication or remedies within 48 hours after the procedure.
However, it is advisable to avoid strenuous exercising for 2 to 3 weeks after the procedure. The effects of a thread lift procedure usually last for 2-3years. By inserting additional filaments as and when required, your skin can look younger for a longer period of time. In some cases, this procedure may also be combined with the injection of dermal fillers and botulinum toxin for providing a much younger looking and glowing skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In medical world, there are countless accidental discoveries. Doctors realise that something used for one purpose can be used for another condition. The side effect of one drug could be used to treat another disease altogether. There are numerous instances but the botulinum toxin would be the first that comes to the mind.
The neurotoxin extracted from the bacteria Clostridium botulinum was used to treat strabismus, which is an eye condition where there is an excessive muscular contraction. It blocks the release of the chemical acetylcholine, thereby blocking the muscle contractions. It is actually a neurotoxin and causes temporary paralysis of the muscles. Eventually, it began to be used for cosmetic reasons to paralyse muscles that cause ageing and frowning.
Gradually, Botox made its way into more remedies including removal of wrinkles, cerebral palsy, migraines, excessive sweating, bladder spasms and depression. There are many studies relating how Botox has improved a person’s happiness quotient. Read on to know some substantiating facts:
Anti-aging Effects: One of the common things we all smile at is ourselves – the reflection we see in the mirror. Botox is an anti-aging agent beyond doubt and is the most common agent to reduce wrinkles and reduce aging effects. When you are happy with what you see in the mirror, you definitely feel good and happy. This is something that gets spread and overall emotional well-being is improved.
Anti-frown: Botox injections are also done along the frown lines, where the muscles responsible for frowning are treated. This ensures the person is less frowning. The effect is contagious. When you see someone not frowning or unhappy, you loosen up and lose that frown too (or smile if you did not have a frown in the first place). This effect spreads and the overall environment or ambience just becomes a happier one. The same applies to the anger expression. There is less anger that is visible on a person’s face, and therefore, the other person/people perceive less anger. This ensures there is a smoother environment.
Anti-Depressant: Botox has been used for treating depression widely, and there are studies to corroborate that Botox, when used for treating depression, improves the happiness quotient. It may be due to multiple reasons, including improved appearance, but it definitely has some effect on the psychology in addition to removing wrinkles on the face. It is not necessary that people should be depressed to feel better. Even in people with no depression, the usage of Botox has improved their well-being.
So, the next time you think of Botox, do not just think of the various celebrities who fail to age over decades. The Botox could be giving them more reasons to be smiling and happy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hair Loss Male Pattern Balding or Androgenic Alopecia is a rising concern. Upto 40% of men lose 40% of their hair even before they reach 35 years of age. That’s staggering! But, fortunately, we now have the technology to counter it. Let us first understand the main types of hair loss.
Hair loss is widely categorized into two types - Scarring and Non-Scarring
Non-scarring hair loss is reversible and scarring hair loss isn’t. Each category has multiple causes that manifest in many different ways. And it’s very important to identify exactly what the underlying issue may be. A professional diagnosis is required by certified Dermato-Trichologists. Absolutely no treatment should be administered without a thorough understanding of an individual’s medical and genetic history.
Depending on severity, there are three unique processes to treat hair loss. Early stages of Hair loss can be easily managed with a strong foundation of medical therapy. Appropriate oral & topical medicines are administered to reduce hair fall and encourage hair thickening. This is the base of our process and depending on results, can be combined with other treatments.
The next logical treatment to enhance regrowth is PRP or Plasma Rich Platelet Treatment. This is a highly successful, and not to mention, natural way to boost hair growth. Combined with medical therapy, PRP yeilds exceptional results. Finally, there is an option of hair transplants which ensures hair regrowth when there is more than 40-50% root loss or receding hairline.
What is Platelet-Rich Plasma?
PRP is a novel non-surgical therapeutic option for patients who require stimulation of hair growth for hair loss conditions. PRP is safe and natural because the procedure concentrates the good cells from your own blood and injects them directly back into the area where it is needed. PRP involves using your own cells that are not modified or changed, and it will not be rejected by your immune system.
How does PRP work?
PRP contains special cells called Platelets, which release plenty of rich growth factors that can cause growth of the hair follicles by stimulating the stem cells and other cells in the microenvironment of the hair follicle and promote active growth phase.
How is PRP performed?
Blood is drawn as though you are having routine blood testing with utmost care. The blood is spun in a centrifuge machine and the PRP is separated and removed from the rest of the blood. We prepare high quality PRP by spinning down the blood cells to a high concentration with our unique well researched protocol. The PRP is then injected with very fine needled syringes into the balding areas with very minimal discomfort. The Procedure is a lunch time session, you can walk out of the session without any downtime. The sessions are performed every 1-3 months, 6-8 sessions based on requirement according to the individual case and maintenance sessions are planned accordingly. Results are noticeable in 2-6 months from starting the treatment.
What is the cost involved?
PRP varies from clinic-to-clinic, patient-to-patient. The price is also largely dependent on the number of sitting required to strengthen the follicles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hair loss is a very common problem and a number of people face this issue. There are numerous reasons that can account for hair loss. As we already know, it is normal to lose about 50-100 hair strands in a day. This is because the rate of hair loss can be replenished, however, the moment the hair fall rate increases, hair loss problems start occurring.
Although reasons for hair loss may vary from person to person, here are a few common reasons for hair loss
- Hereditary i.e it happens in people with a family history of baldness
- Post pregnancy is also another phase, which can cause hairfall
- Major illness, surgeries, or severe traumatic events can trigger major hair loss
- Hormonal disturbances like PCOS, menopausal changes etc causes hyperandrogenism which results in hairfall and hair thinning
- Certain medicatition can also cause hairfall
- Physical or emotional shock and extreme stress can cause enormous hair fall
- A diet which lacks sufficient amount of vitamin D, iron, protein, vitamin B12 deficiencies and other required nutrients can be a reason for hair thinning
Now that we have talked about the causes, it is important we discuss the solutions; here is a list of treatments for hair loss which might be very efficient.
- PRP therapy: Platelet rich plasma therapy is a hair restoration therapy which essentially gives natural looking results. Platelet rich plasma is prepared from the patient's own blood using a strict protocol and is injected on scalp with fine needles. Growth factors released from blood cells called platelets do their job and hair re-grows in a very natural way.
- Mesotherapy: This is a treatment that essentially stimulates the mesoderm using superficial microinjections into the target tissues, thus relieving a number of symptoms. In this therapy, the hair follicles grow and survive and proper blood circulation is stimulated.
- Micro needling: This is another method used to treat hair loss. In this treatment the skin is poked with numerous tiny needles causing micro-injury, thereby, causing the skin to stimulate collagen and also induce hair growth on the scalp.
Primarily the underlying disorders need to be addressed with relevant treatments after thorough investigation. Appropriate topical and oral medications are advised. Along with these, the above mentioned procedures are used to treat a problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
With the evolution of medical technology, we have made inroads when it comes to evolved methods of treating a variety of ailments and conditions. The use of lasers is now commonplace for a number of surgeries and non-invasive procedures that can help in treating many conditions. From hair removal to surgeries, there are a number of places where lasers enjoy medical and cosmetic use. There is a common misnomer that lasers have detrimental effects and may even be carcinogenic or cancer causing in nature.
Let us find out why lasers cannot cause cancer.
- Penetration of light: For many people, it may be a cause of concern that laser treatment of the hair, skin or other parts of the body is done with the penetration of high energy beams in that part of the body. Yet, the beams do not penetrate that deeply. Usually, this penetration only happens to the extent of hair follicles and skin, which leaves the internal organs safe.
- Redness: At the very maximum, the lasers can cause a reaction like redness on the skin. This does not mean that the lasers are capable of causing cancer. This can simply be treated with the help of ice application on the affected area.
- Mutations: There have been many reports that say the ionising radiation of the laser beams can cause DNA mutations. Yet, this is not true. These DNA mutations can lead to the manifestation and production of abnormal and cancerous cells, which can further progress and spread to become malignant tumours. Yet, laser treatments and applications do not have the power to cause such DNA mutations, and there is no medical evidence that suggests the same.
- Treating areas near reproductive organs: There are many women who opt for laser hair removal which is a more permanent solution for waxing and other forms of hair removal that we go through on a regular basis. But many women are also concerned that it may actually cause problems and cancer when it comes to the reproductive organs, in case the hair removal treatment and lasers are applied to the area near these organs. This is not true because the laser beams are merely applied to the hair follicles of the area. Since, laser beams are not applied to the reproductive organ, which ensures that there is no effect on the internal reproductive organ in any way.
Before trying out laser treatment, it is important to try it on a small portion of your skin so that you can be sure that it does not affect you and cause a reaction. Further, for laser related surgeries, it is important to turn to a well known clinic, hospital or doctor so that the right level of energy is used during the surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Botox is a wrinkle treatment, but is used for treating a range of medical conditions. It has been in use for well over 18 years and is considered to be safe when performed under the guidance of a medical practitioner. Apart from aesthetics, a range of other facial, migraine and dermatological problems can be addressed by Botox.
Botox limits facial expression: The primary objective of a Botox treatment is to enhance the look of a person and not the contrary. When administered by a skilled physician, you can still smile and animate like before. Botox in no way affects the sensory nerve. The muscle beneath the point of injection gets relaxed and remains active. The apprehension of limited facial activity is baseless.
Botox travel through your body: This again is a myth. Botox diffuses not more than 1cm into the skin. Due to its localized nature, it does not affect any other parts of the body other than the intended area.
Botox has toxic content: Botox, like any other drug, is safe when taken under supervision. Like other drugs, it too gets scanned by the drug regulatory authorities. It is neither dangerous nor contains any toxic substance.
Dermal fillers involve intense pain: Dermal fillers are not as painful as advocated by many people out there. It does have its fair share of discomfort but a medical practitioner always uses a topical anesthetic and other anxiety related medications during the treatment.
Downtime for Botox is fairly long: Botox is known as the afternoon injection for its convenience and easy procedure. Botox procedure has no downtime at all. Doctors often suggest against lying down for a good 2-3 hours after the injection. Dermal fillers might result in minor swelling but there are medicines to counter that too.
Botox is permanent in nature: Botox effects lasts for 4-6months. For people who take Botox shots regularly, it tends to last longer.
Dermal fillers and Botox are the same: While people these days use them interchangeably, they are not the same. For instance, Botox lessens the effect of wrinkles by relaxing the facial muscle whereas dermal fillers add volume to the tissue and restores the muscle.
Botox is applied only when Facial lines are visible: This is not necessarily true. If the family of an individual has a history of facial lines, it makes sense to start Botox for facial line prevention. This delays the actual facial line appearance and requires fewer Botox shots going forward.
One of the most popular cosmetic laser facial treatments is called a Photo facial. This type of laser procedure can be very effective at treating brown spots, broken capillaries, and unwanted redness (such as rosacea). Photo facials can also improve the overall quality and smoothness of your skin by mildly stimulating new collagen production. There are many types of laser systems that can perform photo-facials-most are called IPLs or Intense Pulsed Lights. If you are trying to decide whether to have a photo-facial, here are some considerations:
- Photo facials are best at treating discoloration. For significant wrinkling or sagging, fractionated resurfacing lasers are a better laser treatment choice.
- More than one treatment is almost always necessary, no matter which kind of photo-facial you choose to do. Expect that you will need 3-5 treatments depending on the severity of your sun damage, and depending on your desired result. These treatments will be spaced out every 2-4 weeks.
- Its not only your face that ages you. Sun damage to your neck, chest, and hands can be corrected with the photo-facial treatments, as well.
- Downtime is minimal with a photo-facial. My patients typically experience less than 12 hours of facial redness, though sometimes it can last into the next day. Makeup can be worn immediately after the procedure to help "hide" that post-treatment redness. You can also expect your prominent brown spots to scab for a few days after the procedure, before peeling off.
- Photo-facial treatments are generally easy to tolerate. You will feel a snapping sensation on your skin, but shouldn't feel significant pain. A topical numbing medicine is usually applied for 20 minutes beforehand. This helps further reduce any discomfort.
- The anti-aging benefit of any laser treatment is not permanent. Your face will continue to age. You will develop new age spots at some point, and your skin will start to sag again. But if you start to take better care of your skin after these treatments by consistently wearing sunscreen and by using premium skin care products, these measures will help preserve your results for a longer period of time. But repeat treatments will be necessary for maintenance. My patients see me for maintenance treatments at intervals of 6 months to 1.5 years, depending on how well they take care of their skin in between. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Causes of Hairfall and Solutions to Treat Them
In general, you lose about 50-100 strands of hair each day, but the loss is not visible as new hair grow in their place. However, if you lose more than 100 strands in a day and more than 200 strands on the day you shampoo, you may be suffering from what is known as excessive hair fall.
Certain factors or reasons may cause you to lose hair at an alarming rate, which are,
- Poor diet: Gorging on unhealthy foods or going on a crash diet can result in the lack of essential nutrients in your body, which are required to maintain healthy hair. Furthermore, since hair is made of protein, having a balanced diet consisting of proteins and vitamin- rich foods is a must.
- Stress: Stress gives rise to certain conditions such as telogen effluvium (hair loss caused post-pregnancy or surgery) which can cause you to lose a significant amount of hair. To avert a hair loss crisis caused by stress, make it a point to do some simple stress-reducing exercises, such as meditation or breathing exercises.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is one example of the type of physical stress that can cause hair loss (that and hormones). Pregnancy-related hair loss is seen more commonly after your baby has been delivered rather than actually during pregnancy.
- Thyroid problems: Your thyroid is responsible for your body's overall functioning. The hormones (primarily T4 and T3), which it produces help in regulating metabolic activities. Problems with your thyroid gland can cause your hormone levels to rise or fall to unhealthy levels, which can result in hair fall. You can improve the functioning of your thyroid gland through a diet rich in calcium, iodine, magnesium, protein and Vitamins A, B and C.
- Anemia: Almost one in 10 women aged 20 through 49 suffers from anemia due to an iron deficiency (the most common type of anemia), which is an easily fixable cause of hair loss. You doctor will have to do a blood test to determine for sure if you have this type of anemia.
- Genetics: The origin of your severe hair fall or baldness can be traced back to your ancestors. So, your genes can be a factor behind your hair fall problem. If this is the cause, your body then becomes unable to produce new hair.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is another imbalance in male and female sex hormones. An excess of androgens can lead to ovarian cysts, weight gain, a higher risk of diabetes, changes in your menstrual period, infertility, as well as hair thinning. Because male hormones are overrepresented in PCOS, women may also experience more hair on the face and body.
- Telogen effluvium- A sudden physical or emotional stress can lead to one-half to three-quarters of the hair to fall throughout your scalp (called Telogen effluvium). It could be post-pregnancy, post-surgery, post major infections like dengue or typhoid, certain medications.
Apart from the changes that you can make in your lifestyle to address the causes of your hair fall, there are also techniques out there that you can employ to permanently treat your problem, such as platelet rich plasma, mesotherapy, stem cell therapy, ozone activated platelet rich plasma & hair transplant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.