Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Submit a review for Tatva DermaesstheticsYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am consulting her from past many years for any skin problems and have felt huge difference with my skin. Mostly my vistings were for skin pigmentation -Acanthosis Nigricans which is found one in thousands, however her treatment showed excellent results on me and built my confidence like anything. She is very friendly, caring, empathetic. On the other hand, her clinic is well equipped, perfectly maintained. I am thoroughly happy and satisfied with the treatment . I would definitely recommend her for all skin related problems and to see the best in you. Thanks Archana for the best treatment !!!
I was beyond impressed with my experience at this doctor’s office.She is extremely knowledgeable, dedicated, well informed Doctor. She ensures that her patients understand the problem, the pros and cons of the available treatment options. She is very friendly and approachable. Highly recommended.
Dr Archana is very good in cosmetic treatment especially in acne scars, Feel really confident and beautiful after the treatments. Would recommend it all for better skin and maintenance for sure. It is always better to come to Dr Archana...She is very good & friendly...
Dr. Archana is the only doctor I could approach to easily. Treats her patients with care, very much dedicated to her profession and always willing to answer any number questions.
Reliable professional, knows her job and update with trends and aesthetics, gives a patient hearing to patients needs/problems and suggests solutions.
She is amazing doctor. I have few treatments in her clinic. Excellent service. I recommend everybody to go there...
Dr. Archhana Gullur provides answers that are very helpful. Thks mam
Awesome... Appointment on time.. Spot on analysis and treatment.
Rabi Kant Prasad
she is very gently to talk and she is very courteous.
It was a great experience. found solution!!
Pregnancy is a life-changing phase in a woman’s life. In addition to a baby (or babies!), there are a lot of physical and emotional changes also that come with it. The more evident are the physical ones, and in addition to weight changes, the stretch marks are the most obvious.
The uterus or the womb grows to its full extent to accommodate the developing baby, and so there is stretching of the connective tissue in these areas. After delivery, the tension is lost, and these marks become evident.
What are stretch marks?
These marks appear as lines on the skin and are most commonly found in areas such as the buttocks, arms, breasts, thighs and stomach. They are different in appearance in comparison to the normal skin. It may appear pinkish or purplish initially and then it takes a shiny appearance later. When you feel the stretch marks, you may feel a certain indentation or ridge on the skin. It may feel sore or itchy as well sometimes.
They most commonly appear during adolescence when there is rapid growth and stretching of the skin. It is also seen in women pre and post pregnancy. Stretch marks can also appear when there is a sudden change in weight.
How To Treat Them?
Use Moisturisers: People who use moisturisers show an increased elasticity of the skin, which reduces the appearance of stretch marks on the skin. Keeping the skin hydrated stops the skin from tearing and creating stretch marks. Moisturising is not entirely effective on older marks, but it can help with newly formed stretch marks. You can also use it on areas that are prone to stretch marks.
Retin-A: Retin- A is known to boost collagen production that helps the skin to stretch out with ease and not cause tears. When Retin-A is used, it is recommended to limit the sun exposure as the skin becomes more susceptible to sun damage and burning.
Glycolic Acid: This chemical compound falls under the category of an alpha-hydroxy acid which is commonly found as a major ingredient in chemical peels. It is known to amplify the production of collagen and increase the tensile strength of the skin. Go to your dermatologist for a stronger dose for more effective results.
A Combination of Retin-A and Glycolic Acid: A combination of these two potentiates the action of each other and gives better results.
Vitamin E Oil: You can find Vitamin E oil capsules in medical shops that are known as the miracle medication when it comes to curing stretch marks.
Essential Oils: Certain essential oils like rose oil, lavender oil, or geranium oil are known to reduce stretch marks.
Vascular Laser: Pulsed dye laser that is kept at the wavelength of 585 nm is used to remove the stretch marks that are red and newly formed. It may not be effective on the older ones that have turned silver. This process is highly expensive and needs about 6 sittings. The efficacy of this procedure also depends on the complexion of the skin. Much like laser hair removal, vascular laser does not work on darker skin. The colour difference between the marks and the actual skin tone should be prominent.
Fractional Laser Treatment or Laser Resurfacing: This is used to get rid of the older stretch marks that have turned light and are no longer red. This procedure is more expensive than the previous one and is prone to leave scars on the site of application.
Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck: The only permanent solution to get rid of stretch marks is to cut them out entirely. If you are tired of the stubborn tiger stripes, then this could be your only way out.
RF Micro-Needling Device: This is a more cost effective alternative to CO2 Laser Resurfacing that could be used on any stretch mark types –“new and old”. The micro needles are driven directly into the skin to a certain depth (0.2mm-3.0mm) and radiofrequency (RF) energy is then released inside the skin. Minimally invasive RF thermal energy creates fractional electrocoagulation in the dermis which facilitates a natural wound healing process promoting the remodelling of collagen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Aging is a natural process determined by genetic and environmental factors, such as the effect of UV radiation, smoking, unbalanced diet, lack of sleep, etc. It represents a set of physical, psychological and social changes that occur in the human body over time.
People have intervened in the process, trying to look as young as possible. This need has created a special branch of medicine, called cosmetic dermatology, which involves the application of therapies to enhance a person’s image by offering them a younger look. Smoothing out laughter lines and wrinkles caused naturally by ageing or sun exposure, has never been quicker or easier.
Injectable anti ageing treatments are a quick and convenient way to smooth out those lines on the forehead and around the eyes and mouth without any need for surgery. So, here we have come up with a list of 5 super-effective anti-aging treatments:
- Botox Injections- A highly purified protein when injected into a specific area of skin by skin specialist, it makes the muscles relax so not to be able to create muscular movement and wrinkles. The effect may take up to 3-5 days for the maximum effect to be apparent where the area becomes smooth and relaxed and wrinkle free. Botox removes and smooths out areas where you have wrinkles to create a fresh and youthful look. The effects of smoothing the muscle do not allow the wrinkle to form as deeply as it would with constant muscle movement so more people are having it to reduce wrinkles forming as well as smoothing out existing ones.
- Fillers- Fillers are popular treatments used for softening wrinkles, laughter lines, facial lines and wrinkles caused naturally by ageing or sun exposure. Combined with a local anaesthetic, dermal fillers are injected into the skin to give your face a natural volume, leaving your skin completely hydrated and youthful. Popular areas to add volume and fullness to include the lips, cheeks and bridge of the nose. For smoothing and plumping lines and wrinkles, popular treatment areas include around the forehead, eyes, mouth, chin, neck, décolletage and hands.
- Thread lift- The purpose of PDO threads is to lift the skin. They are ideal for treating sagging skin on neck, face contour, and cheeks. They may also be used on the body for thigh lifting and buttocks lifting and to tighten the skin on the abdomen and arms. Without a doubt, PDO threads are one of the top anti-aging treatments.
- RF Skin Tightening- This procedure, which is relatively new, is a non-surgical option for people who want to treat wrinkles, sagging, and other signs of aging. Radio frequency skin tightening is performed by dermatologists and skin care clinics, and uses radio frequency (RF) energy on the skin of the face, heating up the various skin layers to stimulate collagen production, which smoothes and lifts the skin’s surface. This procedure requires no incisions to be made in the skin and has a low instance of side effects. Radio frequency skin tightening is a viable procedure for many people whose skin has not reacted favorably to laser or thermal treatments in the past.
- HIFU Face and Neck Lift- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound also known as ‘3D SkinMed’, ‘Ultrasound Facelift’ or ‘Ultherapy’ has become one of the most sought after lifting treatments for face and neck. 3D SkinMed is a one-off treatment which will help you achieve tighter, firmer, lifted skin! The key advantages of this treatment are:
- Stimulates natural collagen production
- No cuts to the skin
- No recovery time
- Noticeable results
Apart from good diet and exercise, cosmetic treatments can do wonders.
Many factors come into play when evaluating the health of our biggest organ, the skin. It is always exposed to external elements and hence sustains most potential damage. When choosing the proper treatments and products to enhance your skin, you should take into consideration such factors as skin pigmentation, acne, fine lines, wrinkles, skin sensitivities, oiliness or dryness. Exfoliation procedures can be physical or chemical. Which is best for you? The best way to decide on Microdermabrasion vs Chemical Peel is to review the benefits and expectations of each procedure.
Microdermabrasion is the most common physical method for removing the very superficial level of the skin. It is a manual exfoliation of the epidermis to remove dead skin cells, debris and impurities. Normally, an instrument, which combines suction and a wand made of diamond or small crystal particles, is used to remove these from the skin.
Microdermabrasion produces instant results, but may not be a good choice for inflamed, sensitive or rosacea type skin. In such cases look for resurfacing methods that utilize a dermafile, a manual exfoliation using diamond files. This technique reduces breakage of capillaries in someone with thin or sensitive skin. Microdermabrasion encourages collagen stimulation and a more rapid cell turnover in the skin.
Microdermabrasion wands consist of two main types:
- Crystal tip – A mixture of fine aluminum crystals are used to abrade the skin, as the cells and debris are blown away.
- Diamond tip – Very fine diamond particles are used to remove any dead cells, oils, or debris, as these are also suctioned away.
What can I expect from Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion should leave the skin’s surface velvety smooth, soft, bright and glowing. This rejuvenation method is instant and in rare cases, a pinkness or sensitivity may occur a few hours directly after the procedure, lasting less than 24 hours. Microdermabrasion is a workhorse of all rejuvenation procedures. Although it is primarily used on the face, it can be used on any part of the body, from the neck to chest, to hands, etc. Microdermabrasion is frequently done on the same day prior to other rejuvenation procedures for maximum benefits.
Chemical peels use topical applications of peeling solutions to rejuvenate the skin, address fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, tone and texture. They allow for cells that make collagen to function more effectively and remove any damage caused by the sun and other external forces that always act on our skin. Chemical peels are the preferred method in general for the treatment of the following;
- Counter fine lines and wrinkles
- Issues with skin pigmentation due to age or sun damage
- Acne and some acne scars
- General improvement in the skin’s texture, tightness and overall appearance
How do Chemical Peels work?
Whenever we take a step outside, or take a ride in a car our skin is exposed to harsh elements, pollutants, and harmful ultraviolet rays. With exposure to these elements, the skin is potentially damaged, leading to the aged appearance.
Chemical peels remove damaged cells; stimulate the growth of the new skin cells and collagen production. Different peels are used for different purposes. They can and should be customized for each patient’s particular skin types and problems. There are wonderful new combination peels that are safe, effective and have minimal down time. Anyone undergoing a chemical peel must stay out of the sun from 6 – 10 days and needless to say continue to use sun block.
Microdermabrasion vs Chemical Peel
It is always best to consult your physician when determining what will work best for your individual case and to help you accomplish your rejuvenation and/or skin-improvement goals.
Aging of the skin is a natural process that affects all aging individuals. It manifests itself in the form of skin wrinkling, sagging, discoloration and other visible effects. Such changes become more apparent as soon as one reaches late thirties or early forties but early onsets are now very common too, which can be caused by a number of factors.
Prevention from Aging:
- Eat healthy - Having a nutritious balanced diet can make a tremendous positive impact on your skin. Consumption of food items that are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients is essential. It is also important to drink lots of water and fluids to stay hydrated. Junk food and sugary drinks should be avoided as it negatively affects skin health.
- Avoid sun exposure - This is the most basic way of reducing the rate of skin aging and slowing down the process. While going out in the day cannot always be avoided, it is important to keep the skin covered with clothing, hats and sunglasses.
- Exercise regularly - Keeping fit through regular workouts and exercise improves the circulation of blood in the body and consequently, the supply of blood and oxygen to the skin. This keeps the skin healthy and young and prevents early onset of wrinkling and aging.
Anti-aging Dermatology Treatments:
- Botox: Botox is an injection that temporarily relaxes facial muscles to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as prevent new lines from forming. Common injection sites include the forehead, the area between the eyebrows, the corners of the eyes, and the sides of the chin. Botulinum toxin (BOTOX) for treating facial wrinkles is the most frequently performed cosmetic procedure. It has become the most common entry procedures for clinicians seeking to incorporate aesthetic treatments into their practice.
- Dermal Fillers: As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow's feet become more apparent. Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face. Dermal fillers can be used to:
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Dermal fillers can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery.
- Thread Lift: Thread lifts can be a great way to rejuvenate and restore youthful contours to areas such as the brows, cheeks, jowls and the neck area. The procedure uses multiple, hair-thin needles that have fine threads dipped in bio stem cell liquid, inside them. These needles are inserted into a layer of the skin one-by-one and then pulled out together smoothly, leaving the fine thread inside the layers of your skin. This induces fibroblast and promotes collagen production and literally lifts skin. The thread is gradually absorbed into the skin.
- RF Tightening: Radiofrequency (RF) energy treatment is technology for non-surgical tightening of the early signs of loose or sagging skin; ideal for those people who either don’t want, or don’t believe they are old enough to have a surgical procedure. Pure RF energy alone is primarily used to treat skin laxity by facial tightening, and is best suited to patients with mild to moderate sagging of facial tissues, usually those in their mid 30s to 50s, with any skin colour. It is commonly used to treat the forehead, under the eyes, cheeks, mid-face, jaw line, and neck.
- HIFU Facelift: High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) lifts and tightens skin for a non-surgical face lift and neck lift. Since its release, Ulthera (Ultherapy) has been quickly growing in popularity with experts worldwide as an advanced HIFU device. Common treatment areas include - Brows and forehead, Chin, Neck, Stomach and Stretch marks. With just one treatment, HIFU pushes mature skin to start working hard again. Your eyes will look more open, brows more lifted, fine lines softened, and pore reduced. Because of the restored elasticity, your skin will feel softer and more supple, too.
Quick Tips to Look Younger-
Live happier: Life is a constant struggle. From unexpected changes to life altering moments, we constantly face stress, tension and sometimes depression. Those who we know living a happy life also face the same situations. The difference is how they choose to find happiness despite facing adversities. Stress speeds up the aging process. When you are stressed, it creates an imbalance of hormones causing collateral damage. To cut down stress, spend more time doing things that make you happy. Choose a hobby like painting or stress busters like yoga and exercise.
Eat fruits and vegetables: It is important to eat the right serving of fruits and vegetables daily, as they are rich source of vitamins and minerals and protect your skin from free radicals and cellular damage. From cucumber and tomato to fruits like papaya, each provides it own set of exfoliating benefits, which firm up your skin, improve your complexion, get rid of fine lines and slows down the aging naturally.
Studies have shown that those who inculcate a habit of wearing sunscreen at all times while stepping out during the day have younger and healthier looking skin than those who don't. Sunscreen acts as a layer of defense against sun radiation and keeps it from causing any damage. Skin is, thus, protected from accelerated aging.
These are the do's and don'ts you need to follow before you apply sunscreen the next time:
Do: Apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going outdoors - For the product to be most effective, it needs to be fully absorbed by the skin before exposure to the sun; the reason why applying approximately 30 minutes before you step out of home is a must.
Don't: DON'T buy sunscreens with ridiculously high SPFs - SPF means the number of times the skin will be protected against the minimal damage to skin by UV rays. SPF of 30 and above is good for Indian skin. Sunscreen should have broad spectrum coverage to protect against UVA UVB and visible spectrum. Sunscreens with an SPF of 100 can cost about twice as much as the same brand with an SPF of 30, but it doesn't provide three times the protection. SPF 30 blocks about 97% of harmful UV rays, while SPF 100 blocks 99%. While it is a difference, it might not be enough to warrant the extra cost.
Do: Use sunscreen every day of the year - The sun's harmful rays persist in all seasons, whether it's summer or winter. Even on cloudy days, it's advisable to apply sunscreen to protect the skin as UV rays are still able to penetrate through thick covers of cloud, thereby harming your skin.
Do: Test a small amount of the product on yourself before application - Apply a small amount of sunscreen on your wrist first and check for allergic reactions if you're trying it for the first time or are switching over to a new brand.
In case it causes an allergic reaction, discontinue use at once and consult a dermatologist regarding, which sunscreen you should use.
Don't: Forget to reapply - Sunscreens rub off quite easily due to sweating or contact with water. Reapply as often as you can, ideally every 2 hours.Keep in mind that apart from the application of sunscreen, it is also necessary to keep the skin covered as much as possible to protect yourself against skin ailments caused by exposure to the sun.
Don't: Apply sunscreen only on the face - Make sure you apply it to every part of your body, especially the hands, forearms, thighs and ears, which are commonly exposed to the sun. Not only are these more prone to skin ageing, but the risk of melanoma (skin cancer) is also tremendously high in these portions of the body.
Not many of us like the image that stares back at us in the mirror. We all would love to have those wrinkles gone, the dull appearance improved, the fine lines disappear, the spots (brown, black, gray, whatever) just vanish. However, they don't. They are all real, but the good news is that they are not here to stay. There are improved methods of producing younger, glowing skin and chemical peels is one of them.
In 2011, it was rated as one of the top 5 minimally invasive procedure with about a million people in the USA going for it to revitalize their skin.
What do they do: You could be of any age or gender, looking for a youthful, glowing skin. Chemical peels definitely are an option for you. The skin is the most exposed part and is prone to damage from sun, pollution and dust. These leave uneven tone, dull skin, wrinkles and spots. In all these cases, a chemical peel can produce a marked improvement. A chemical preparation (solution) is applied on the skin which dissolves and removes the upper layers of the skin and allows for new skin to form. This is younger looking, softer, and smoother with fewer imperfections. The strength of the solution and the duration of application will depend completely on the patient's presenting situation and goals.
Benefits of chemical peels:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles: Unlike creams and serums and lotions, these offer a much faster way to achieving smoother, clearer skin.
- Improves skin tone: The rough, top layers that were exposed to sun are removed, producing skin with improved texture.
- Promotes collagen production: The skin is made to produce more collagen, which results in skin that has better elasticity and glow.
- Eliminates scars from acne: The damage done by acne through scars left behind can be 'peeled' off with a chemical peel.
- Improves damage from sun exposure: Exposure to sun is most harmful to skin, and chemical peels help reduce this damage by removing off the top layers of skin that is affected by constant exposure to sun. Mild dark spots also disappear with a chemical peel.
- Economical: Compared to the expensive creams and lotions that make huge promises, chemical peels are definitely cost effective.
- Quick fix: A session takes about 30 minutes with no need for recovery time.
- Boosts self-esteem: A smoother, glowing skin that is free of spots, wrinkles, and fine lines is sure to improve the person's confidence.
Following are the Indications for Chemical Peels:
- Treatment and Prevention of Acne
- Sun-induced Pigmentation
Chemical peels can be done on face, back, arms and legs, feet. elbows and knees, knuckles to even out pigmentation and smoothen the skin. Post care precautions are simple to follow-up avoidance of direct sunlight for first 4-5 days, strict application of sunscreen and keeping skin hydrated regularly.
A detailed discussion with your doctor about expectations is definitely the first step if you are thinking of going for a chemical peel.
Younger and youthful look is something everyone aspires to have. However, with growing age fine lines and wrinkles begin to appear. And it is just not age, stress also is a big contributor today to fine lines, making one look much older than they actually are.
Cosmetic technology has advanced phenomenally over the years to fix these issues in no downtime. Now, people can attain the youthful appearance through procedures that do not require a person to go under the knife, and thus are considered safer. However, the rider here is that these need to be performed only by trained professionals.
Botox is one of the inventions of modern science that has not only helped in dealing with the elimination of lines and signs of aging, but has many other medical benefits in treating multiple health conditions, including migraine, urinary incontinence and eye squints.
Botox's contribution to making one look younger is remarkable. A Botox injection takes a short time to administer and fixes fine lines conveniently and non-invasively.
- Fights Wrinkles: Botox can be used for static as well as dynamic wrinkles in order to make the skin appear more firm. Dynamic wrinkles are the lines that appear only where there is certain facial motion like furrowing the eyebrows and laughing. These can show up as fine lines of the forehead, wrinkled skin between the eyebrows, crow's feet and laugh lines, to name a few. The more prominent kinds of wrinkles are known as static wrinkles which are visible at all times, irrespective of the expression that a person might be wearing. These can be seen as lines that remain etched across the face even when the face is at rest.
- Stops spread of static wrinkles: While Botox can help in freezing the movement of the skin when a person is laughing or crying so that the lines and wrinkles do not appear, it also prevents further spread and deepening of the static wrinkles.
- Areas of face and neck where Botox is used: Botox is primarily administered in the forehead region as it is most effective in curbing the appearance of shallow static lines and other dynamic wrinkles in this area. But a skilled hand can also apply Botox in other areas of the face for firm looking skin. It can be used for treatment of forehead lines, crow's feet or lines around eyes, correction of droop in eye brows, droops at angle of lips, correction of lines in the neck, and to achieve slimmer and well defined jawline.
- Results: The results of Botox treatment lasts for 4-6 months and needs to be re-administered in order to be effective.
There is only one thing to take of: That all these indications for Botox usage in cosmetic dermatology must be done by a skilled and trained dermatologist.
There are many ways to remove your unwanted hair, some of them being shaving, tweezing and waxing. However, now there is laser hair removal as well. Laser hair removal involves having highly concentrated beams of light fall onto hair follicles. When this happens, the hair follicles absorb that light and the excess hair cells get destroyed. Read on to find more about laser hair removal:
Benefits: There are a some major benefits to laser hair removal as compared to other forms of hair removal. Here they are:
- Permanency: When you opt for laser hair removal, usually your hair will never grow again after just three to seven sessions, unlike other forms of hair removal. In fact, laser hair removal is the only way to permanently remove hair which exists. Even if you wax, shave or tweeze, the hair will eventually grow back.
- Precision: It is much harder to not damage the surrounding skin with traditional methods of removing hair. With laser hair removal, you can remove hair, which are dark and coarse without harming the nearby skin.
- Eye and skin protection: The procedure starts off with the patient being given eye protection. This is so that the laser light does not damage the eyes. After that, a cold gel or special cooling liquid is given so that the laser light can penetrate the skin better.
- Testing period: The technician will then give a laser pulse to the area where hair is supposed to be removed from to ensure the right settings are used and also to make sure there are no adverse reactions to this form of treatment.
- Procedure and recovery: After the testing period, the hair will be removed and once it is done, ice packs and other anti-inflammatory creams and lotions are given to make sure that there are no adverse effects of laser hair removal after the procedure.
Recovery: Even after the lotions are given, there are some risks of laser hair removal, such as the skin will look sunburnt and sometimes even blisters may appear. In such cases, sunscreen can help prevent changes in the color of your skin.
Quite strikingly, acne can become a persistent cause of your worries, if left untreated. Acne not only harms you physically, but also damages your psychological health. Persistent acne can result in a pockmarked face, making you feel sullen and unsure of yourself. Acne refers to a condition where the skin perpetually develops stinging, red bumps. Red pimples might show on your face, shoulders, back or neck. The bumps usually take a lot of time to heal and they leave behind deep scars. And, in order to treat, such scars one can go for cosmetic dermatology procedures.
Acne Scars: What are they?
When inflamed blemishes, result from crushing of excess oil, bacteria and dead cells in your skin pores, enlarge and swell up breaking the follicle wall, acne scarring is caused. One can get rid of acne scars through the natural healing process of your skin if the lesions are not very deep. Deep lesions will require medical assistance. New collagen formation can heal such scars, but it doesn't restore the radiance and tautness of your original skin. Acne scars can be divided into two broad types:
Hypertrophic and Keloid scarring: Raised tissue on the surface of the skin following excess collagen production causes such kind of scars.
Atrophic or depressed scarring: These scars are caused due to reduced tissue production. Small, but noticeable holes on your skin are called Ice picks. However, the boxcar is a scar, which is similar to a chicken pox mark.
Causes of Acne scars:
- Malfunctioning of hormones even after the age of puberty can lead to acne formation in both males and females.
- Food items rich in carbohydrates can trigger acne. Dairy products could also worsen the condition.
- Any medicine that contains lithium, androgen or corticosteroids can worsen this skin condition.
- Bacteria, excess oil, blocked pores, and dead skin cells are the primary reasons behind acne.
Treatments of Acne scars:
Cosmetic dermatology procedures can successfully help you do away with acne scars. Blue-light therapy, is a procedure in cosmetic dermatology, which can work wonders for acne scars. A narrow- band, but high - intensity Blue-light is used to counter Porphyrins released by bacteria causing acne. Porphyrins easily absorb Blue-light and the light leads to radical damage of Porphyrins when used in certain wavelengths.
There are certain topical creams available, which can improve mild scarring, most of the acne scars are either depressed or raised type and need a combination of surgical procedures and skin resurfacing. The therapeutic options that are currently available to treat acne scars include subcision, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, derma rollers, chemical peels, TCA cross, ablative lasers, fractional lasers and dermal fillers.
Fractional resurfacing laser is one of the most effective treatments for acne scars. It is a minimally-ablative technique that creates microscopic zones of dermal injury in a grid-like pattern. This helps in collagen remodelling, skin tightening, scar improvement, reduction in fine lines, improvement in texture, tone and colour of the skin. A series of 4 to 6 sittings are usually needed for optimal results. Each session lasts for one hour and is performed at monthly intervals.
Certain types of scars such as the ice pick and rolling scars, pixel laser are combined with subcision, dermal rollers and TCA cross. In addition, punch excision and softening of margins with laser can be done for box scars. All the mentioned procedures are well-tolerated with local application of anesthetic creams before procedure. With these procedures, improvement of scars is seen over several weeks.
Lately, injectable dermal fillers are being used for correction of acne scars, giving it a smoother appearance. This is semi-permanent and needs to be redone as and when required. Timely treatment of acne is necessary to keep, both unwanted pigmentation and scars at bay. So, get rid of your scars and make the dream of blemish free and smooth skin come true.