Doctor in Sushrutha Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Sushrutha ClinicYour feedback matters!
Fractional laser or Fraxel as it is commonly known in cosmetic surgery terms, is a non-invasive technique to treat various skin problems. A beam of laser is divided into thousands of treatment zones, which are focused on a particular spot on the skin, giving it the name fractional laser.
Conventionally, ablative laser works on the epidermis while non-ablative laser works on the collagen or the dermis layer. Fractional laser is unique in that it works on both these layers. Therefore, in problems involving both these layers, Fraxel works extremely well.
How does it work?
The skin has two layers – epidermis and the dermis. The epidermis is the protective layer and has the melanin-producing melanocytes, which gives the skin, its color. The dermis has collagen and elastic fibers, which gives it skin the elasticity. With age, the skin loses its elasticity and becomes pale, as the collagen degenerates. Less of new collagen is formed, and so aged appearance including sagging, fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, etc. appear.
What Fraxel does is produce 1000s of columns of laser which act on both the dermis and the epidermis and improve collagen formation and removing old cells. The surrounding skin remains intact, and only the area of focus is treated.
What to expect?
- Before the procedure, the doctor will validate if you are a candidate for the procedure.
- Photos will be taken of the area and in people with darker complexion, bleaching or chemical peel may be used
- With face cleaned with soap and water, an anesthetic cream is applied to the skin.
- The laser beam is then applied, usually about 30 minutes.
- The procedure could be painful if the laser beam is strong which makes the use of anesthetic essential
- A cooling device is applied at the end of the procedure, and the area is then washed off
- One may experience redness, swelling, and tenderness for about a week
- New skin will develop in about a week’s time
- Skin peeling can happen in some people, which can be easily removed off without pain
- Adequate use of moisturizer and sunscreen is advised
- Clothing should be protective, include sunglasses, wide hat, and scarf
- Most people require a repeat of 3 to 4 sessions to complete the treatment, with a gap of a month usually.
- Unlike with other skin treatments, the effect from Fraxel takes time. It may take up to 3 to 4 months for the complete effect to show, as it involves complete collagen formation.
Advice from a doctor is must, so you can plan for your Fraxel treatment well.
We have now reached that time of the year when we all look forward to the festivities and celebrations for Christmas. And, it goes without saying that celebrating Christmas is synonymous with parties, which not only involves a get-together but also unlimited dance, food, and drinks. It is also that time of the year when we all forget our resolution of sticking to a healthy diet. But, why waste your entire year’s efforts when you can balance your efforts and at the same time, enjoy the Christmas party?
Surprised? Well, here are some Christmas party tips that will let you enjoy every bit of it without inviting any troubles related to health.
Prepping up for the Party
The most important thing to remember before the party is that you must not skip meals anticipating the high-calorie food that you would have at the party. Stick to your regular meals and also don’t forego your exercise routine.
- General Tips
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Consume not just water, but other healthy liquids as well.
- Before hitting the party, have a small meal that will make you feel satiated. This will help avoid unnecessary snacking.
- Special Diet Tip: Take juice and tender coconut water as drinks and egg whites, a bowl of soup, fruits, or diet chivda as snacks right before leaving for the party.
- Cheat Tip: Drink a glass full of buttermilk before leaving for the party. It will keep you satiated and will also help prevent unnecessary bloating after the party.
The Party Day
When you are at the party, make wise choices rather than just gorging on unhealthy and fried snacks. It might seem to be a difficult task, but with a little effort, you can make healthier choices.
- General Tips
- Keep your focus on the dance floor and the party, rather than to just focus on what is being served.
- Refrain from having food items that are deep-fried and choose steamed, boiled, or grilled food items.
- Choose vegetables and lean meat rather than red meat, which is unhealthy.
- Have salads without the creamy and fat-laden dressing. If pasta is on the menu, go for pasta in the red sauce rather than white sauce which is high in cheese and calories.
- Keep a check on your portion size by choosing a smaller plate and by sharing your food or the slice of chocolate cake on your plate.
- Special Diet Tip: Try fresh fruits, green veggies, steamed or boiled food items and whole grains.
- Cheat Tip: Keep chewing a gum until you really feel like spitting it out. This will help you keep away from high-calorie fried and processed snacks.
Post Party Recovery
Once the party is over, it is time to detoxify your body and to get back to your original plan. However, it is important to realize that there is no need to have guilty pangs for the food that you had at the party.
- General Tips
- Special Diet Tip: Consume idli, poha, upma, or muesli for breakfast, whole grains and fruits for lunch, and dal, soup, curd, and salad for dinner.
- Cheat Tip: Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up, two hours before every meal, and one hour after every meal. It will detoxify your body fast and keep you energetic throughout the day.
Urinary infection is one widespread disorder that most of the human beings face in the later stages of their lives. The infection is experienced mostly by half of the women and according to statistical data, it has been noted that about 40% of women and 12% of men get infected with urinary infection. Women who are sexually active have more possibilities to get this infection. It is an infection suffered by many people and, which is more vulnerable to children and women.
The symptoms that are identified for a person with urinary infection are frequent urination and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications, and medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort caused.
Main Causes of Urinary Infection
- The main reason why urinary infection is caused is due to a bacterium that moves from the urinary duct into the urinary bladder.
- There are chances to get urinary infection if a person has sex with many partners
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it can weaken the bladder and makes it prone to urinary infection.
Treatment for Urinary Infection
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can be used for the treatment of urinary infection, and these include
- It is very necessary to drink a lot of water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that causes the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- It is advisable to eat foods rich in Vitamin C as they are helpful in making the urine more acidic, and it inhibits further growth of the bacterium in the urinary tract.
- It is very important to include healthy foods in your diet, and that are rich in high-fiber carbohydrates and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- Herbal remedies can be opted for treatment of urinary tract infection, and the leaves of bearberry are used for this purpose.
- Most importantly, it is very necessary to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. Women should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.