Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Sri Srinivasa ClinicYour feedback matters!
Corns and calluses are defined as thickened and hardened areas of the skin, which are formed due to excess pressure, friction or rubbing in a particular area. They generally form at the bottom of the feet and can cause discomfort and pain while walking. Corns usually form on the sides and tops of toes. There are several variants of corn such as hard corn, soft corn and seed corns. Calluses typically form in areas which undergo high friction. It can appear on hands and feet. Read on to find more about corns and calluses.
1. In some cases, corns or calluses may form due to improper walking motion but in most cases corns and calluses form due to wearing shoes which fit in an improper manner.
2. High heels in particular are a major reason for the formation of corns and calluses. Other reasons include foot deformities or wearing shoes and sandals without socks.
3. Corns and calluses have a risk of being infected by bacteria which causes the infected region to secrete pus or fluid.
There are different types of corns and calluses and each of them have different symptoms during their formation.
1. A callus is a small patch of dead skin which can form anywhere in the body but usually in places which undergo friction.
2. A hard corn is a patch of hard skin which is located outside the little toe or on top of a toe.
3. A soft corn is a sensitive red patch of skin which is typically found between toes.
4. A seed corn is a painful patch of dead skin which typically forms on the ball of the foot or on the heel.
If you have developed a corn or a callus it is advisable to consult a doctor as they can correctly differentiate between warts and calluses. Use of moleskin around the corn or callus usually reduces the pressure from the affected region. Oral antibiotic medication can also be prescribed by your physician. Certain moisturising creams also help treating corns and calluses. Opt for stronger moisturising creams after consulting your doctor if regular ones are not helping. In certain instances corns and calluses may need to be surgically removed.
Many guys, especially those who are "quick on the trigger," would do just about anything to be able to engage in sex for hours on end without ejaculating. But men who actually experience delayed male ejaculation find this to be a burden rather than an asset. Even men who practice exceptional penis care may find themselves one of the fairly rare victims of delayed male ejaculation - and they may not be happy about it.
Does it exist?
Many men don't believe there is such a thing as delayed male ejaculation. They think that, sure, once in a blue moon a man might find himself in a situation where proper stimulation still didn't lead to that sought-for release; but on the whole, it's not something that happens often to a man.
In fact, some studies indicate that 3% of men experience delayed male ejaculation on some sort of regular basis. Many clinicians believe it is significantly underreported. And while there is some association with increased age, even young men may suffer from it. As a matter of fact, for some men this can be a lifelong issue.
Delayed ejaculation can mean different things to different people. For some it may mean a total or near-total inability to achieve ejaculation. For others, ejaculation may be achieved, but only after a lengthy period of time. (The definition of lengthy can vary as well.) In some cases, a man may ejaculate from masturbation but not from partner sex, or (perhaps more rarely) vice versa. One man may experience delayed ejaculation that occurs regularly; another may experience it on a recurring basis but not all the time.
One interesting point is that in almost all cases, the delayed male ejaculation is not due to an inability to obtain or maintain erection. The vast majority of men with this issue report that they experience very firm, solid erections for a lengthy amount of time.
So what causes delayed ejaculation? The facts about its causes are open to debate, but these are the main theories behind the problem:
2. Medications. Similarly, some medications (such as antidepressants), have the potential to interfere with the fulfillment of the ejaculatory impulse.
3. Surgery. Pelvic area surgery or a radical prostatectomy is often associated with disruption in penile function, including the possibility of delayed male ejaculation.
4. Psychological factors. As with many other erectile issues, often the problem is all in the head. Many men may have complex psychological issues that express themselves at least partially in delayed male ejaculation. This can be especially true for men with strong feelings of guilty or shame associated with sex or with some aspect of sex.
Similarly, sometimes a man may have severe performance anxiety where sex is concerned; however, instead of this resulting in an inability to become erect or in premature ejaculation, it instead manifests as a delayed response.
5. Masturbation habits. In some instances, a man may masturbate in such a manner or with such frequency that his penis becomes accustomed to stimulation that cannot be effectively duplicated through penetrative or oral sex.
The facts also indicate that sometimes delayed male ejaculation may result from a loss of penis sensitivity. Using a first class penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) with acetyl L carnitine may help with this. Acetyl L carnitine is neuroprotective and helps when peripheral nerve damage has produced a loss of sensation. The crème should also include both Shea butter and vitamin E to help keep the skin moisturized. Dehydrated skin can make proper access of penis sensation difficult as well.
Everyone would like to age gracefully such that the age is simply a number and adds to one's charm. However in practice, this may sometimes cease to happen. In more cases than not, underlying reason for the same is the declining testosterone levels.
Testosterone is the powerful hormone which performs a host of functions in our bodies, including:
- Managing libido
- Regulating sperm production
- Promoting muscle mass
- Regularizing energy levels
A decrease in testosterone levels could be a significant matter in the life of most people. Reduction in testosterone levels with age is nevertheless a natural part of aging.
IN THE WOMB
While one is in the developing stages as a fetus in the womb, testosterone plays an important role in development. This drives the development of male reproductive system as well.
ADOLESCENCE TO EARLY ADULTHOOD
It is while one is an adolescent or in early adulthood that one's testosterone levels are the highest. During puberty, first signs of testosterone or androgens are apparent.
- A boy's voice changes
- His shoulders broaden
- Facial structure becomes more masculine
However with passage of years, testosterone levels begin to decline. This declines at around 1% per year after 30 years of age.
Low testosterone could be linked with sexual dysfunctions, some of which include:-
- A loss in libido
- Inability to get spontaneous erections
- Erectile dysfunction
- Infertility in women
Reducing levels of testosterone may also lead to changes such as:
- Feeling tired all the time
- Not getting the desired results with diet and exercise
- Reduced performance at work
- Change in sleeping patterns
- Emotional changes
- Increase in body fat
- Reduction in muscle bulk or loss of strength
- Reducing bone density
With advancement in medical science, doctors have come to discover that low testosterone levels could be the underlying cause of disorders such as
While the symptoms as mentioned above may be considered as normal part of aging, these may also result from some underlying factors.
These may include:-
- A reaction to certain medications
- Thyroid gland disorders
- Excessive use of alcohol
It is very important to make sure that one maintains the right testosterone levels in one's body. While going for the right kind of a diet is of extreme importance, one may also choose to go for some herbal supplements.
These herbal supplements should not be seen as steroids, because they are not testosterone enhancers. Instead, these contain the right kind of herbs that would be very useful for one to maintain the right kind of hormone balance in the body, and also make sure that all systems in the body function well.
Keep your testosterone levels to the optimum, only with Stay-On Power Capsules. 100% herbal, Stay-On Power Capsules are free from all steroids, have no side effects on your being and work equally well for men and women alike.
• Don’t skip meals
Balanced, regularly scheduled meals promote regular bowel function.
• Eat high-fiber foods
Eat fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains at every meal.
• Drink plenty of fluids
Drink at least eight glasses of liquid daily in the form of water, juice, milk, tea or soup.
• Increase your physical activity
Try to get 30 minutes or more of exercise, such as walking, biking or swimming, on most days of the week.
• Answer the urge
When you feel the urge to go, don’t delay. Holding a bowel movement can foster constipation.
• Be flexible about ‘normal regularity’
Don’t worry if you’re not a once-a-day person. Some people have bowel movements several times daily, while others might have them only three times a week.
• Don’t rely on stimulant laxatives
Products such as Dulcolax and senna (sonamukhi), which work by irritating the walls of your intestines. Habitual use can make constipation worse. Don’t use laxatives regularly without consulting your doctor.
लिंग तनाव समस्या से परेशान: क्या करें?
लिंग के तनाव कि समस्या से हताश हो चुके हैं? घबराइये नहीं: आपको बताएगा कि सबकुछ फिर से सामान्य कैसे किया जाये...
1. अपने साथी से संवाद
यदि आपको लगता है कि आपको लिंग के तनाव से जुडी समस्या है, तो अपने साथी से इस सन्दर्भ में बातचीत करना सही होगाI याद रखिये कि इस समस्या का प्रभाव आपके साथ साथ आपके पार्टनर पर भी पड़ता है, इसलिए उन्हें इस में शामिल रखना बेहतर हैI हम जानते हैं कि आपको ऐसा करने में संकोच महसूस होगा, लेकिन इस समस्या के संधान कि दिशा में पहला कदम यही हैI विशेषकर जब इस समस्या के पीछे का कारण शारीरिक कम और और मनोवैज्ञानिक ज़्यादा होI
2. डॉक्टर से परामर्श
लिंग तनाव कि समस्या के 75 प्रतिशत मामले भौतिक होते हैं और इनका आसानी से उपचार हो जाता हैI इसलिए, सिर्फ संकोच और शर्म के चलते डॉक्टर को अपनी समस्या न बताकर आप अपना ही नुकसान करेंगेI डॉक्टर से सलाह लेकर आप न सिर्फ इस समस्या का कारण पता लगा सकेंगे, बल्कि इसका हल भी ढूँढ सकेंगेI डॉक्टर से मिलना इसलिए भी आवस्यक है क्यूंकि लिंग तनाव कि समस्या कई बार किडनी,नाड़ी, न्यूरोलॉजिकल विकार, या डायबिटीज से भी जुडी हो सकती हैI डॉक्टर आपकी मदद अवश्य कर सकता है...
3. समस्या कि जड़ तक पहुंचें
समस्या की सही पहचान उसके उपचार के लिए ज़रूरी हैI बढ़ती उम्र के साथ अक्सर रक्त वाहिनी से जुडी जटिलता इस समस्या का कारण बनती है जबकि कम उम्र के पुरुषों में ये समस्या अक्सर मानसिक तनाव, निराशा भाव, या प्रदर्शन के दबाव के चलते पायी जाती हैI कुछ दवाओं का साइड इफ़ेक्ट या टेस्टोस्टेरोन स्तर की कमी भी इसका कारण हो सकता हैI
4. जीवन शैली में बदलाव
दिनचर्या में कुछ छोटे बदलाव लेकर आप इस समस्या के समाधान की और पहले कदम उठा सकते हैंI कई बार केवल धूम्रपान बंद करना, हल्का व्यायाम और तनाव का अंत ही इसके समाधान के लिए पर्याप्त रहता हैI जिन लोगों को इसके उपचार के लिए दवाइयों की ज़रूरत पड़ती है, जीवनशैली में बदलाव इस उपचार में और सहायक बन जाता हैI
Pcos: here is all that you must know about it!
Polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos) is a common hormonal disorder amongst women in their reproductive age. The symptoms of pcos being seemingly unrelated to each other, are often overlooked and remain undiagnosed. It is commonly termed as pcod (polycystic ovary disease) in which the there is an imbalance in the women’s hormones. As the name suggests, multiple cysts are formed in the ovaries that are pearl-sized (2-4mm), fluid filled and may contain immature eggs.
Whom does it most commonly affect?
Pcos most commonly affects women of reproductive age (14-45 years of age). In ceratin cases, pre-pubertal girls may also be affected by pcos.
What are the common symptoms of pcos?
Pcos, being a syndrome, is defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms may vary from one individual to another. In case you observe two or more than two of these symptoms, make sure you undergo a thorough medical examination. Common symptoms are:
- Irregular scanty or missing menstrual periods
- Infertility such as ovulation dysfunction
- Excess or unwanted body or facial hair on the body
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Weight problems, often leading to weight gain around the waist
- Skin problems such as skin bags, darkening of skin and acne
What causes pcos in women?
The exact cause of pcos is still not known, however, there are hypothesis suggesting a few of the common causes such as;
- High level of insulin
- Increased production of androgens
- Family history
- Environmental pollution and radiations
How can pcos be diagnosed?
Pcos symptoms affect more than 20% of the indian women and still remain undiagnosed at times. For an effective diagnosis, you may report of,
- Irregular periods in the past
- Tests revealing high levels of specific hormones
- Ultrasound showing polycystic pattern of the ovary
What are the possible complications of pcos?
Commonly reported complications of pcos include:
- Heart and blood vessel problems
- Sleep apnea
- Uterine cancer
- Heart diseases
How can pcos be managed?
Once diagnosed, the treatment of pcos may differ from an individual to another. However, a few tips to manage/ prevent pcos are:
- Exercise regularly. Include activities such as aerobics, sports and brisk walk to your daily routine.
- Eat healthy. Include foods that are low in refined carbohydrates as it helps to regulate blood sugar levels. Also add foods rich in antioxidants, green vegetables super grain and fruits to your daily diet
- Avoid excess of junk foods, spicy and oily foods and sugary diets.
- In case you smoke, it is best recommended to quit smoking.
- Avoid stimulants. Beverages such as coffee, that act as a rich source of stimulating compounds, have been found to increase insulin production.
- Keep stress away. Combat this depression by engaging yourself in activities such as opting for bubble bath, watching an old favorite movie, reading a classic or meeting friends who could be good company.
The doctor may prescribe you will relevant medications to treat the complications, in case any.
It can be frustrating suffering from enlarged prostate. When you are suffering from the condition one thing for sure is that you need to make a number of changes in your life. Some of these changes include:
Reduce your fluid intake
To reduce the number of times that you have to go to the bathroom, you need to reduce your fluid intake. As rule of thumb, you shouldn't take any water before going to bed. You also shouldn't take coffee or beer before going to bed. Even when you avoid the fluids it's common to feel the urge to urinate. When you are in the bathroom, you should try "double voiding." This is where you urinate, relax, then wait for a moment then resume your urination. Doing this ensures that you empty your bladder at once thus not requiring you to go to the bathroom a second time.
Cold weather is attributed to the need for regular urination. You should keep your house warm. You do this by staying warm. Ensure that your house is warm by installing furnaces and other heating units. Also, avoid regularly going out at night in cold weather.
Watch the food that you eat:
Experts report that the food you take can make or break your prostate. When you are suffering from enlarged prostate you need to avoid the food that would worsen the condition. Some of the food you need to stay away from include:
Red meat and processed meat: Meat that isn't properly done has been shown to contain high levels of heterocyclic amines that are carcinogenic and worsen your enlarged prostate. To be on the safe side you should avoid foods such as sausage, beef, hot dogs, lunch meats, pork, and others.
Daily and calcium: A research study published by the Journal of nutrition, drinking whole milk increases the progression of fatal prostate cancer. To keep your condition in check you should avoid taking plenty of milk. If you have to take it, you should stick to fat-free milk. To be on the safe side you should take salmon, sesame seeds, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, tofu, and vegetables.
Engage in exercises
If you have never exercised before, now it's the time to start as experts have reported that doing so relieves nervousness thus you are able to urinate without any problems. Exercising also relieves stress. The cool thing is that you don't have to engage in strenuous exercises to reap the benefits. Simple exercises such as walking are enough.
Hello doctor, my pennies size is very small it's 3'5 and it's slim also am married I can't take it long while sex and what kind of food is good for healthy sex life? I do exercise everyday and I don't smoke or drink any alcohol please suggest me.
Mind your headaches (All about headaches)
Headaches and migraines are one of the most common types of pains that patients can face. There are many types of headaches that may afflict people and there are a number of reasons that can be attributed as their cause.
Let's look at some of the types of headaches and their causes:
Facial headaches - This is an ache, which is usually centered on the face, the crown, and the forehead. In this headache, movements of the head and face may also cause problems.
- Causes: The main cause for facial headaches tends to be sinusitis, a condition in which the cavities in the skull get blocked. Sinusitis may also happen due to a cold as this has often been accompanied by a runny nose as well.
- Treatments: The best treatment for this issue would be to treat the underlying condition, i.e. the cold or the blockages. Using the prescribed variety of decongestants and inhalers can vastly improve the situation.
Migraines - This is an intense pain on one side of the head that can last for a few hours to a few days. Most of the pain is sometimes centered behind the eye, and many people report extreme sensitivity to light as well as sound. It can be debilitating to some people who suffer from a severe form of it.
- Causes: Migraines are one of the most complicated problems to diagnose and there can be a variety of reasons for it. Triggers may include food or lack of it and also be caused by other underlying physiological reasons.
- Treatments: Although there are certain painkillers, which are available, it is best to consult a doctor to know the root cause and thus, avoid the triggers or take appropriate medicines if necessary.
- Causes: These headaches are a result of stress, which may result in the decrease of the blood flow to the brain due to the stiffening of the head and neck muscles.
- Treatments: Over the counter drugs such as paracetamol or ibuprofen can help improve them, but it is better to consult a physician before undertaking self-medication.
Cluster Headaches - These are the most potent form of headaches that can be very painful. They usually originate as a piercing pain in the head with pressure on the eye and can even lead eye inflammation, and watery and droopy eyes.
- Causes: Certain neural functions originating from the hypothalamus can cause this issue and this type of headache may be triggered by alcohol, smoking or other forms of strong smells.
- Treatments: Generic painkillers may not be able to correct the issue quickly enough and this may require the administering of special injections or nasal sprays.
Sleep is one such time when people usually are expected to lie down still and get rest. However, we have all heard of sleepwalking, a condition where a person walks during the sleep. Though it may sound strange, there is a deeper explanation for it both from a causative point of view and from managing it.
Things you should know?
- Sleepwalking happens when a person moves back from a deep sleep to a light sleep or awakening state.
- The person who is sleepwalking is usually not aware of it.
- Activities may range from simply getting up and sitting up in bed to walking around the room. They could also open the door and walk out to the neighbourhood. Moving furniture, changing dresses or driving a car, may also be some of the actions Most of these activities happens completely without their knowledge.
- Mostly happens in children up to the age of 12, but can be seen in adults also, where it assumes a more severe form.
- The person who is sleepwalking has a fixed stare with glassy eyes. They may appear dazed and lost when they are awakened.
- They may not respond when they are actually sleepwalking, or respond very slowly
- They can be brought back to bed and put back to sleep without being disturbed. Most children would go back to sleeping when this is done
- Though the parents can be very worried when they see children sleepwalking, reassurance is required, as it usually disappears as they cross teenage.
- There could be chances of small injury like tripping or fall during the sleepwalking episode
- Sleepwalkers may be more restless compared to other children during their waking hours
- Bedwetting is also quite common in children who sleepwalk
- Inappropriate sleep pattern with lack of sleep for prolonged periods is one of the main reasons for sleepwalking
- Excessive drinking
- Medical conditions like heart rhythm problems, acidity, gastric reflux, and seizures
- Psychiatric conditions like panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder can also lead to sleepwalking
- For a parent to see their child walking around in their sleep can be quite disturbing.
- Reassurance is required stating that it is just a temporary phase and will not stay beyond the teenage years
- Most people do not require any intervention unless accompanied by severe symptoms like going out of the house or driving
- Once established, it is advisable to avoid by not drinking too much alcohol, avoiding stress and anxiety and taking precautions like extra-secure locks to prevent sleepwalking and/or other side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Sexual problems are very common in men and women. There are various reasons because of which sex may not be as pleasing as it can be. The reasons for this could range from the emotional connect that is shared with the person to actual physical issues which stop you from performing. Read on to know the 3 most common sexual problems in males and females.
- Impotence: When the male cannot attain and/or sustain an erection to allow for a good intercourse, it is termed as impotence. This is one of the most common problems, and it could be due to strained relationships, performance anxiety, smoking, diabetes, hormonal problems, etc. Most often, it is psychological and easy to cure.
- Reduced libido: A man not being “in the mood” may be something hard to associate with, but many a time, it happens. This is largely due to psychological causes, and if the partners don’t strike a chord, that could be the reason too. Other reasons could be hormonal imbalance, high blood pressure, etc.
- Ejaculation issues: There could be disorders which could be due to ejaculation that is premature, inhibited, or retrograde. These lead to improper release of sperms, either premature or delayed or back into the bladder. The underlying problem usually is easily identified by the doctor and is treatable.
- In all of these, admitting the problem is the first and most effective step towards treatment.
- In addition to counseling, which usually involves the partner, hormones may be needed in some.
- Quitting smoking, beginning exercise, blood sugar and pressure control, etc. are also required.
- In very rare cases, vacuum devices and penile implants may be required.
- Dyspareunia: The most common sexual problem in females is painful sex, which makes it difficult for the couple. This could be due to vaginal dryness, UTIs, pelvic area infections, etc. This is one of the main reason for reduced libido. Topical lubricants are often useful, in addition to counseling to allay fears and improve overall relationship.
- Reduced libido: This is very common in women, and could be due to relationship issues, painful sex, hormonal imbalance, etc. This is also possible due to the multiple roles that a woman plays, so much so that she never has time to think about it.
- Anorgasmia: Women have more difficulty in achieving orgasm, which is also more psychological and often a combination of sex education and counseling helps.
- Includes combination of medications, hormonal therapy, and sex education.
- Vaginal dryness is improved using lubricants
- Supplement hormones are very useful.
- Sex counseling also involving the partner
- Infections or inflammation in the pelvic tract need to be treated with medications.
The inability of maintaining an erection or having one at all, is termed as erectile dysfunction. It's much more popular by the name of impotence or ED. Infrequent ED is normal, and it doesn't indicate a larger health issue whereas regular ED may signal an underlying health problem which causes relationship disputes, stress and reduced self-esteem.
ED can affect anyone: Erectile dysfunction can trigger in any person without any specific health or lifestyle issues. For instance, you may always have been very healthy and had a great lifestyle. You always took care of yourself, and you are free from anxiety, stress or depression. But you are wondering what may be the cause of your erectile dysfunction? You may have been figuring out prospective causes, and nothing seems to relate to this trouble. You are not under any severe medication, which may hit you with an ED or any injection which could be a possible reason for your erectile woes. In a moment of utter dismay, you may give way to thinking that either you have been destined to face it or maybe, it is simply hereditary.
Causes of ED: But this is not wholly true. There may be numerous health problems that can be inherited through genes, which in turn may lead to erectile dysfunction but impotence itself is not a hereditary issue. Medical conditions like cardiac disease or diabetes are commonly inherited and both are related to ED. But it is not possible to acquire erectile issues from the previous generation.
There are some sexologists who feel that there are a few particular genes, which may be inherited from the previous generation and that makes a man more vulnerable to erectile dysfunction. They believe that a few specific gene variables have been associated to high chances of developing ED, and these genes can make their way from father to son. However, this research is still continuing, and nothing has been proved until yet. Once it becomes evident, then the issue can be handled with gene therapy where your faulty genes can be altered with a correct one in the affected person. It may also be done by eliminating a redundant gene or adding a new gene, which can combat the one which is causing the dysfunction.
So while you may believe that your erectile dysfunction is because of your genes, it is quite likely that your impotence is not a hereditary problem at all. There is no need to be anxious that your private health issues will be inherited in your family line. So it's better to get rid of that vague idea right out of your mind. However, it is also important to consider that in case you are suffering from erectile dysfunction, there must be some underlying causes though they may not be evident. You are advised to eat a healthy diet and avoid unhealthy habits and talk to a sexologist to lower your risk of erectile dysfunction.