Doctor in Sri Rama Clinic
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Sri Rama ClinicYour feedback matters!
The spine or the backbone is responsible for the fluid movement of the body, especially standing, bending, and sideways movement. It also is an important part of the nervous system and carries multiple nerves to the lower part of the body. The lower spine has sacral and iliac vertebrae, which have disks between the vertebral bones where these nerves are located. With age, infection, tumors, or injury, this soft tissue becomes hardened and get the bones to fuse. This is a type of arthritis known as ankylosing spondylitis and limits movement between the disks.
Causes: With age, the soft vertebral tissue gradually hardens. There is a genetic component also to this, so it runs in families. In addition, infection or tumors of the spine and injuries involving the spine can also lead to this condition.
Symptoms: When AS ankylosing spondylitis (AS) onsets, there is usually morning pain and stiffness in the low back and upper buttocks. The intensity of this gradually reduces over the course of the day. The range of movement also is reduced, with bending, stooping, and sideward movement becoming gradually difficult. It is believed that people with AS have an overactive immune system, and homeopathy helps by suppressing this activity. A homeopath will have a detailed discussion with the patient and based on the presenting symptoms, an appropriate product would be prescribed.
- Aesculus: The patient would have extremely painful and stiff low back and hips. It would be constant ache with walking and stooping, and it is not easy to rise from a sitting position. The patient also feels that the legs would give way, making them hesitant to walk.
- Rhus Tox: When the patient presents with low back pain that is present at rest, with sitting and inactivity, Rhus is usually preferred. The pain improves with activity and movement and radiates down the legs all the way to the foot.
- Kali Carb: If the patient presents with extreme weakness also and feels like a paralytic attack, as if the back is broken. The patient feels the symptoms are worse in the morning and changing position in bed.
- Kalmia: If the patient has pain associated with a prickly, numbing sensation, then this is used. There also could be burning sensation. The pain appears in bursts in the late evening and early night hours and could also go down the legs or up into the neck.
As with any other disease, homeopathy looks at the person holistically and treats the symptoms. The patient should not go for self-medication based on some reading and friends’ suggestions. Each person is unique in terms of symptoms and treatment, and so the doctor is the best person to decide the appropriate medicine. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a mental disorder with side effects of enthusiastic fits like sudden, wild and eccentric emotional episodes and scenes. Individuals experiencing BPD are unreliable about their picture and character and face trouble in keeping up a steady mental self-image and interpersonal connections. This issue is generally acquired by different variables like domestic mishandle, youth disregard and absence of affection from the parents in there young age.
Some of the most common symptoms of BPD include:
- Fear of rejection
- Unsteady and short-term relationships
- Poor self-image
- Tendency to cause self-harm
Here are some of the homeopathic solutions for treating BPD with varying signs and symptoms:
- BPD with sudden burst of outrage: Chamomilla is among the top common homeopathic medications for patients of BPD who usually get furious and irritated, without considering the sentiments of the other people. The sudden upheavals of outrage on account of inconsistency or when the sentiments are harmed can be best cured by homeopathic solution Chamomilla. This cure is also of great help to patients who believe that they cannot remain calm. It is useful for the people who need to do everything according to their desire and get irritated if their desire is not satisfied.
- BPD with sudden emotional episodes: Crocus Sativus is the most basic homeopathic medication for sudden mind-set changes in patients of BPD. The patient has a sudden and regular change in feelings from outrageous reactions to misery. The patient requiring the homeopathic drug Crocus Sativus is blissful and warm in one minute and the very next minute, he or she suddenly blasts out into outrage. The patient soon feels frustrated about their conduct. Homeopathic medicine Valeriana is additionally useful for managing sudden emotional episodes in patients of BPD.
- BPD with symptoms of touchiness: Sepia is a fantastic homeopathic drug for BPD patients who get disturbed over no reason and feel anxious. Just their own particular assessment matters for such patients and they cannot stand to be restricted. Another side effect alongside fractiousness for this homeopathic prescription to be used is a feeling of dislike towards family and being repelled for any work, be it mental or physical.
- BPD patients with ruinous and hasty conduct: Nux Vomica is the top characteristic homeopathic solution to manage any hasty conduct of BPD patients who are delicate and need to constrain things as they feel. In case they are restricted, such patients have dangerous driving forces like the motivation to crush their significant other, to tear things and to toss their child. If someone invades their space, they can take severe actions to claim that space back. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The most common respiratory disorder, asthma, is an allergy. Allergy is when the body’s immune system recognizes something in the system as foreign (or antigen) and produces what are known as antibodies. These antibodies cause allergic symptoms ranging from skin skin rashes to breathing issues to even anaphylaxis.
People who have asthma dread the spring season when the air is full of pollen, and they have severe attacks. In simple terms, what happens during asthma is the air pipes narrow down, leading to symptoms of chest congestion, breathlessness, coughing, and wheezing.
Ayurvedic belief is that asthma is caused due to some triggers like stress, exercise, cold air, and excessive pollen. These increase the Kapha component or dosha, which leads to mucus formation in the air passages leading to narrowing of the airways. Some causes include:
- Weak lung tissues
- Damp environment
- Cold and/or stale food
- Increased ama (mucus) formation
Strange as it may sound, Ayurveda believes that impaired digestion causes asthma.
Management: Ayurvedic belief is that managing asthma requires effort aimed at various things including food changes, exercise, and airway management. Some of the significant tips are listed below.
- Increase consumption of honey and warm liquids like herbal teas
- Eat a lot of old cereals and whole grains (rice, barley, oats, green grams, etc.)
- Reduce dairy products as they are difficult to digest and hard on the stomach
- Avoid white flour, oily foods, sugary foods, cold-stored foods, processed foods, and fried foods. These again are hard on the stomach and not easily digested.
- Exercise should be done in moderation, as too much exercise can add to the shortness of breath and congestion
- Try various home remedies and repeat what works for you well. Black pepper powder in warm milk can help relieve the congestion.
- Ginger root can be powdered along with black pepper and stored as a powder. This can be mixed in warm water or milk and consumed 3 to 4 times a day
- Steam inhalation where cumin seeds can also be added to the water is found to be very beneficial.
- A concoction of guava leaves, black pepper, milk, and water can be boiled. This, when consumed for over 6 to 8 months, helps improve immunity.
- Neti therapy where the nasal passages are cleared of mucus is also a very effective way to improve breathing and keep the airways clear.
- Stress management either through meditation or mild exercise is very important, as asthma is known to worsen during periods of stress.
- Herbal oil massages also help improve circulation and nerve supply and therefore improve immunity.
Ayurveda believes these improve immunity and thereby control asthma. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pregnancy places a lot of demand on the expectant mother. While the emotional demands are not very evident, the physical ones are. The mother has to ensure that the developing baby gets all the required nutrients through her. Some of them are very critical, and not getting adequate amounts of these manifest as problems, which cannot be rectified later. Calcium supply and associated problems that may arise is one such example.
If there is a reduced supply of calcium and the bones and teeth are not formed properly, taking any amount of calcium is not going to correct the situation later, after delivery.
- The bones which are forming in the developing baby are dependent on the mother for adequate supply of calcium. It is common knowledge that calcium is an integral component of bones, teeth, and skeleton. Hypocalcemia, which is a condition where there is reduced amounts of calcium in the body, can be quite severe during pregnancy.
- In addition to the growing baby’s needs, calcium also plays a vital role in the pregnant mother for muscular contractions, nerve conduction, hormone secretion, and blood clotting. So adequate intake of calcium during pregnancy is essential.
Now, the question arises as to how much calcium is good enough. For a normal female, about 1000 mg of calcium is required on a daily basis. This goes up by another 200 to 300 mg for a pregnant woman, especially during the third trimester when the bone and teeth formation is in full speed. This extra amount of calcium should be continued even after pregnancy, as calcium continues to be provided to the baby during the lactation phase.
Some of the symptoms of reduced calcium intake during pregnancy are aching muscles, brittle nails, weakened bones, severe cramping, and dry skin. If there is suspected hypocalcemia, it is best to seek medical advice. It is not advisable to take supplements without medical supervision. Increased amounts of calcium can produce a different set of symptoms.
While these are evident symptoms, there are other detrimental effects on the baby too. Calcium deficiency affects development of heart and associated structures and puts the newborn at a higher risk of developing hypertension. The baby’s fat percentage and triglycerides are also increased. The bone mineral density is reduced. The delivery period could be prolonged, as muscular contractions and nerve conduction are severely impacted when there is less calcium in the system. Recovery from labor is also delayed.
It is possible that you are taking adequate amounts of calcium, but its absorption is affected. Reducing caffeine intake helps in better absorption of calcium. Iron, which is often given during pregnancy, prevents calcium absorption and so needs to be spaced out. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Nutrition and HIV are closely connected. When a patient’s immune system is severely affected due to HIV, it can lead to malnutrition and vulnerability to other diseases. Such infections can cause diarrhea, weight loss, and weakness. Malnutrition and not maintaining a healthy intake of nutrients can be a direct link or cause to the progression of the HIV disease.
How does good nutrition help?
Healthy nutrition obviously cannot treat or cure an HIV infection, but it certainly can help the patient to maintain and reinforce the immune system. A healthy diet can also contribute to the general well-being of a patient. Healthy nutrition is an important factor in for people living with HIV. Besides, prophylaxis, a cure for unscrupulous infections, and Anti-Retroviral Treatment, nutrition is essential for an HIV patient.
What is a balanced diet for HIV Patients?
A balanced diet is not a singular meal for patients suffering from HIV. It denotes that a person should eat and drink the correct amount of food from various food groups in order to remain somewhat healthy and strong enough to deal with the treatment process. Drinking adequate clean water is imperative.
What should HIV patients consume?
People living with HIV are advised to consume the fresh vegetables grown in the vicinity. Seasonal fruits and vegetables should be incorporated into their diet.
Choosing foods from these food groups is the key to completing a balanced diet.
- Cereals, pulses, roots, and rhizomes.
- Legumes, nuts, seeds.
- For non-vegetarians, the consumption of protein-rich food items such as fish, meat, and eggs is recommended.
- Vegetables are the key to any proper diet is eating green vegetables. It is necessary to make sure that the vegetables are washed and cleaned in order to reduce the risk of further infections or diseases.
- Daily consumption of freshly grown fruits including seasonal fruits.
HIV patients should focus on eating regularly. Having three meals a day is a must. Along with a balanced diet, drinking lots of clean or purified water ensures that the body is fully hydrated and helps with maintaining a good digestive process. Foods items that are rich in vitamin A, for example, yellow-orange foods are very important in improving immunity. Fruits such as pawpaw, bananas, and vegetables such as carrots, are good sources of vitamin A.
A well-nourished person is highly likely to preserve a sturdier immune system for dealing with HIV and fighting off the infection. Consulting a physician regarding the appropriate diet is important as some food items may not be suitable for patients. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
One of the major risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD) is diabetes. Uncontrolled diabetes can lead to major heart problems. It is thus pertinent to take timely actions to control the insulin-related issues and save ourselves from CVD.
It is important to understand how diabetic patients are more prone to CVD than others to take pre-emptive actions to control it.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin.
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Haemophilia is a type of disorder in which blood does not clots easily or in a normal way. Haemophilia A is one of the common types of disease which causes due to deficiency of blood clotting factor VIII. Haemophilia B is another type which is caused due to the deficiency of blood clotting factor IX. Haemophilia is a lifetime condition which has no exact cure but can be managed by treatment. Haemophilia is a hereditary disorder which is mostly seen in men but is also observed in women sometimes if they carry the gene.
Symptoms of Haemophilia
Symptoms of haemophilia can vary depending on the severity of the disease. In most of the cases, bleeding is the common symptom of haemophilia. Sometimes, haemophilia causes internal bleeding which if left untreated can cause joint pains. There are some other general symptoms seen in people suffering from haemophilia. They are listed here.
- Bleeding through the nose
- Bleeding seen in faeces or urine
- Continuous bleeding when removal of tooth, surgery and when injured
- Unprompted bleeding
- Bleeding seen in joints which lead to swelling and pain
- Bleeding seen in urinary and gastrointestinal tracts
In some cases, internal bleeding happens in the brain which may come into notice during an injury. Such type of internal bleeding can be detected by the following symptoms.
- A severe headache
- Neck pain
- Severe stiffness in the body
- Abrupt weakness
- Problems in walking
Treatment for Haemophilia
The standard treatment of haemophilia involves mainly in replacement of missing clotting factor. As haemophilia is caused due to deficiency of factor VIII, the treatment involves the injection of factor VIII concentrates into the body which can be identified depending on the severity of bleeding, the site of bleeding and the age of the patient. Depending on the seriousness of the disease, factor VIII concentrates are given to the patient before going for surgery or dental extractions. This can help in preventing the bleeding.
As haemophilia is a hereditary disease, it is advisable to concentrate on prevention rather than cure of the disease. In order to prevent the disease, it is wise to undergo a genetic counselling. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Amenorrhea is a common menstrual disorder and this term is used to denote the following situations.
- No onset of menstruation by the age of 16.
- Very scanty flow once onset has happened
- This is known as primary amenorrhea and is usually due to underdevelop female reproductive organs.
- No menstruation for up to 3 months in normally menstruating females, who is not otherwise pregnant or breastfeeding
- In elderly women (prior tomenopause), lack of menstruation for up to 6 months
Any of these conditions should immediately raise suspicion and be investigated. Some of the common causes of this secondary amenorrhea include hormonal disturbances, stress, underlying disorders of the uterine organs, eating disorders like bulimia, and prolonged use of oral contraception.
Homeopathy believes that lack of menstruation is a symptom with deeper medical imbalances within the woman’s body. Some of the common remedies used aim to restore this balance.
- Graphites: In addition to the lack of menses, the woman would be constipated and examination would show hardened ovaries. It is more commonly used in the elderly women.
- Pulsatilla: Similar to Graphites, but this is used more in the younger age groups. Even if there is flow, it would be very scanty, irregular, and clotted. There could also be bouts of a headache, abdominal emptiness, complete lack of thirst, weepiness, and highly irritable.
- Cimicifuga: this is useful when the woman also is nervous and has rheumatism or arthritis-like symptoms.
- Natrum mur: These women would have no menses or very scanty flow. In addition, splitting headaches, morning weakness, patchy tongue, extreme weakness, abdominal heaviness, depression, and extreme pessimism are some associated symptoms.
- Kali carb: These women would have a complete absence or very little flow where the blood would be pale and very light. The woman would also be anaemic with water retention, excessive perspiration, puffy eyes, anxiety and nervousness. The cold weather worsens the condition, which is worsened during warm weather.
- Ferrum metallicum: in addition to amenorrhea, when the woman also has a sickly appearance with palpitations, paleness, flushed appearance, and ankle puffiness, this is used. This is useful for initiating the onset of menses.
- Sepia: This is usually used when there the menses do not resume after pregnancy. Excessive use of birth control could also lead to this condition. In some women, the flow could be very scanty and pale in color.
Emotional symptoms include indifference, indifference, and lack of sympathy, physical exhaustion, and muscular weakness. Cool compresses and physical exercise help in relieving the symptoms. Sepia is very useful in these women. While these are commonly used, it is always advisable to check with a doctor before taking any. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is a foreign body (FB)?
Foreign body or FB is an object or piece of extraneous matter that has entered the body by accident or design. It is common to see certain items getting stuck in the ear, nose or throat especially, in young children. While most of the time they do not raise an alarm, however, sometimes they can lead to severe consequences like rupture of the eardrum or even choking.
How do FBs affect ear, nose and throat?
- Children over 9 months develop an ability to pick up objects. As they explore the environment around them, they tend to put items such as peas, beans, marbles, beads, cotton, paper, etc, in their mouth, nose or ears. A similar trend can be seen in adults with mental disorders.
- Trauma/ fall/accident can force FBs like rock, pebbles into the ear, nose or throat.
- Adults while riding a bike or sleeping on the ground (campsites) can have insects: flies, ants, roaches fly into the nose or ear.
- Choking occurs when FBs block the airway, common reasons are: not chewing the food properly, diseases like Parkinsonism, drinking alcohol or certain drugs that slowdowns the process of swallowing.
Managing FB in the ear, nose and throat
Foreign bodies in the ear
Symptoms: Pain in the ear, discharge or bleeding from the ear, feeling of fullness or pressure in the ear and dizziness and nausea in extreme cases.
- Make sure the patient is sitting in an upright position, pull the pinna or outer semicircle of the ear towards the back. This can help you see the object clearly and also loosen it to wiggle out. If you can see the object clearly, use a tweezer to grasp the object and gently remove.
- In case a live insect gets trapped inside the ear lie down and place few drops of warm vegetable or baby oil. Use oil only if symptoms of eardrum perforation like pain, bleeding/discharge from the ear is absent.
- Tilting the head to the affected side can facilitate gravity to dislodge the object.
Foreign bodies in the nose:
Symptoms: Pain and difficulty in breathing from that side of the nose.
Management: Keep the uninvolved nostril closed by pressing a finger against the side of the nose and gently ask the person to blow from the affected nostril.
Foreign bodies in the throat:
Symptoms: Choking, inability to breathe and speak
Management: Perform Heimlich maneuver: abdominal thrusts, if trained otherwise, it is advised to call for medical help immediately.
How can you prevent foreign bodies from entering your ear, nose, throat?
- Discourage talking, playing, laughing when food is in the mouth.
- Do not give whole grapes, popcorn, nuts to children below 3 years.
- Keep small objects out of reach of small children.
- Teach children to avoid placing objects into their nose, ears.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!