Doctor in Richmond Poly Clinic
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Richmond Poly ClinicYour feedback matters!
अर्जुन वृक्ष का नाम प्रमुख औषधीय वृक्षों में है. अमरूद की समान पत्तियों वाले लेकिन आकार में इससे बहुत बड़े अर्जुन वृक्ष का वैज्ञानिक नाम टर्मिमिनेलिया अर्जुना है. अलग-अलग क्षेत्रों में इसे धवल, कुकुभ और नाडिसार्ज जैसे नामों से भी जानते हैं. अर्जुन वृक्ष एक सदाबहार यानी हमेशा हरा-भरा आने वाला वृक्ष है. इसका इस्तेमाल ह्रदय रोग में प्राचीन काल से ही होता आ रहा है. अर्जुन वृक्ष के छाल के चूर्ण, काढ़ा, अरिष्ट आदि के रूप में उपयोग किया जाता है. तो आइए इस लेख के माध्यम से अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल के फायदे को जानें.
1. मुंह के छालों के उपचार में
मुंह के छालों से परेशान व्यक्ति भी अर्जुन की छाल का उपयोग कर सकता है. इसके लिए नारियल के तेल में अर्जुन की छाल का चूर्ण मिलाकर मुंह के छालों पर लगाने से आपकी परेशानी निश्चित रूप से कम होगी. यही नहीं ऐसे थोड़े गुड़ के साथ लेने से बुखार में भी आराम मिलता है.
2. खांसी में
सूखे हुए अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का बारीक पाउडर, ताजे हरे अडूसे के पत्तों के रस में मिलाकर इसे फिर से सुखा लें. ऐसा इसी तरह से मिला-मिला कर सात बार के बाद जो चूर्ण बचता है. उसमें शहद मिलाकर खांसी पीड़ित को देने से वो राहत महसूस करता है.
3. मोटापा दूर करने में
मोटापे से परेशान लोग अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का काढ़ा सुबह शाम पीकर अपनी परेशानी कम कर सकते हैं. यह मोटापे को इतनी तेजी से कम करता है कि एक महीने में ही इसका असर दिखने लगता है.
4. शुगर में
शुगर के मरीज भी अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल से अपनी परेशानी खत्म कर सकते हैं. इसके लिए उन्हें अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का चूर्ण, देसी जामुन के बीजों के चूर्ण की समान मात्रा के साथ मिलाकर सोने से पहले गुनगुने पानी के साथ लें. दूसरा विकल्प है कि अर्जुन वृक्ष के छाल, कदम की छाल, जामुन की छाल और अजवायन एक समान मात्रा, पीसकर बारीक पाउडर बना लें. इस पाउडर में आधा लीटर पानी मिलाकर काढ़ा बनाएं और इस काढ़े को सुबह शाम 3 सप्ताह तक लगातार प्रयोग करें. इससे मधुमेह में राहत मिलेगी.
5. पेशाब की रुकावट दूर करने में
अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल से बना हुआ काढ़ा पीने से पेशाब की रुकावट दूर होती है. इसके लिए अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल को पीसकर दो कप पानी में उबालें जब जब पानी आधा रह जाए तो इसे ठंडा होने के बाद रोगी को पिलाएं. दिन में एक बार पिलाने से यह पेशाब की रुकावट को दूर कर देता है.
6. उच्च रक्तचाप को कम करने में
अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल काफी लाभदायक साबित होती है. दरअसल इसकी छाल कोलेस्ट्रॉल को कम करके लिपिड ट्राइग्लिसराइड का स्तर भी घटाते हैं. इसके छाल का सेवन रक्त प्रवाह के अवरोध को भी दूर करता है. इसके लिए आपको एक चम्मच अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का पाउडर दो गिलास पानी में आधा रह जाने तक उबालकर इस पानी को सुबह-शाम पिएं. ऐसा करने से बंद हुई धमनियां खुल जाएंगी और कोलेस्ट्रॉल का स्तर भी कम हो जाएगा.
7. बालों के विकास के लिए
अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का उपयोग हम बालों के विकास के लिए भी कर सकते हैं. सर के बाल में अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल और मेहंदी का मिश्रण लगाने से सर के बाल सफेद से काले होने लगते हैं. इससे बालों में मजबूती भी आती है.
8. त्वचा के लिए
त्वचा की कई समस्याओं को खत्म करने में अर्जुन वृक्ष के छाल का असर प्रभावशाली होता है. अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल, बदाम, हल्दी और कपूर की एक समान मात्रा को पीस कर उबटन की तरह चेहरे पर लगाएं ऐसा करने से चेहरे के सारे रिंकल्स चले जाते हैं और चेहरे में निखार आता है.
9. सूजन को कम करने में
भी अर्जुन वृक्ष के छाल की सकारात्मक भूमिका है. इसके लिए अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का महीन पिसा हुआ चूर्ण 5 से 10 ग्राम मात्रा में क्षीरपाक विधि से खिलाने से हृदय रोग के साथ-साथ इससे पैदा होने वाली सूजन में भी कमी आती है. इसके अलावा लगभग 1 से 3 ग्राम चूर्ण खिलाने से सूजन में कमी आती है. उससे संबंधित परेशानियां भी दूर होती हैं
10. ह्रदय से हृदय के विकारों में
ह्रदय से संबंधित तमाम विकारों जैसे की अनियमित धड़कन और सूजन आदि को दूर करने में भी अर्जुन वृक्ष का छाल सहायक होता है. यह स्ट्रोक के खतरे को भी कम करती है. इसके लिए अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल को जंगली प्याज की समान मात्रा के साथ मिलाकर चूर्ण बनाएं इस चूर्ण को रोजाना आधा चम्मच दूध के साथ हृदय रोगी को देने से हृदय की मांसपेशियों को मजबूती मिलती है. ये ब्लॉकेज में भी लाभदायक होता है. खाना खाने के बाद दो चम्मच लगभग 20 mm अर्जुनारिष्ट आधा कप पानी में मिलाकर दो 3 माह तक पीने से हृदय रोगियों को तमाम परेशानियों से मुक्ति मिलती है.
Infertility is a widespread problem. for about one in five infertile couples the problem lies solely in the male partner and in another quarter, both partners have problems. In most cases, there are no obious symptoms or signs of infertility. Intercourse, erection and ejaculation will usually happen without difficulty. The quantity and appearance of the ejaculated semen generally appears normal to the naked eye. Medical tests are needed to find out if a man is infertile. Male infertility is usually caused by problems that affact either sperm production or sperm transport. Through medical testing, the doctor may be able to find the cause of the problem.
Fibroadenomas are non-cancerous (benign) and harmless tumors which are made up of fibrous tissues of the breast. These are common in adolescent and young women. The incidence of fibroadenoma reduces with increasing age.
Signs and symptoms-
- Fibroadenomas are smooth, round and easily movable swellings. It is referred as ‘breast mouse’ or ‘floating tumor’ as it easily sleeps away from fingers. Size of the tumor may vary from one to five centimeters.
- It could be single or multiple. Generally, it is painless and may affect both breasts.
- Pain and tenderness (pain when touched) may be present especially before periods and subsides after periods. These cyclical changes are because of the hormonal changes. This is the reason why it is less common after menopause.
Causes of fibroadenoma-
The exact cause of fibroadenoma is unknown. It is because of the cyclical hormonal changes that take place in the body of women of childbearing age.
- Clinical history
- Physical examination
- Mammography – it is the process of using low amplitude x rays to examine breast.
- Biopsy – women in their teens do not need a biopsy if the lump dissolves on its own.
- Dangerous signs
- Sudden increase in size of tumor
- Pain in breast not affected by menstrual cycle
- Hard, immovable tumors
- Transformation of fibroadenoma into the cancerous tumor is very rare. Only 0.002-0.012% of the fibroadenoma convert into a cancerous growth.
Treatment conventional treatment
1) fibroadenoma can subside on its own.
Cryoablation (use of extreme cold to destroy tissue) is safe and effective and less invasive method of treatment for fibroadenoma.
Surgical removal may be required in case of large fibroadenoma.
Homeopathy is strongly suggested in the treatment of fibroadenoma. Homeopathy can be given as a baseline treatment in mild and moderate cases whereas it has a good supporting role in advanced cases of tissue changes. The results using homeopathy in the cases of fibroadenoma are very good.
Homeopathic medicines are prescribed after studying patient’s complete case history. It enhances the body’s self-healing mechanism (immunity) thus a further recurrence of fibroadenoma can be prevented.
For diagnosing the disease, unani physicians (commonly known as hakims) feel the rhythmic expansion of arteries (nubz) of the patient. Mainly there are four types of unani treatments available:
Ilaj bil tadbeer (regimental therapy): It is a detoxification method that improves constitution of body by removing waste materials. Regimental therapy also protects health and increases defence mechanism of the body. Important techniques in regimental therapy include massage (dalk, malish), Turkish bath (hammam), exercise (Riyazat), leeching (Taleeq-e-Alaq) and venesection (Fasd).
Ilaj bil Ghiza (dietotherapy): As the name suggests, dietotherapy involves regulation of quantity and quality of your diet. Unani physician may ask you to increase intake of specific food that is helpful to alleviate symptoms of the disease.
Ilaj bil dawa (Pharmacotherapy): Natural drugs from plant, minerals and animal drugs are used in unani system. Potency and temperament of drugs are important consideration in unani treatment. The drugs are supposed to act according to their temperament .i.e. hot, cold, moist and dry. Unani medicines are available in form of tablets, decoctions, infusion, Jawarish, Majoon, Khamira, Syrup and powder.
Jarahat (Surgery): Ancient physicians of unani system were considered to be pioneer in the field. However, at present only
Progesterone is a naturally occurring steroid hormone that is made from cholesterol consumed in your diet. Normal levels of progesterone help to maintain a healthy hormonal balance. Progesterone plays a key role in the production of other important chemicals the body needs, such as cortisol and male hormones like testosterone. Lower than normal levels of progesterone can contribute to problems with the menstrual cycle, maintaining pregnancy, and common symptoms associated with menopause. Low levels of progesterone can be effectively treated using available prescription products and lifestyle changes.
Using Progesterone to Support Pregnancy
Talk with your gynecologist about increasing progesterone. Women that have recurrent or unexplained miscarriages often respond to treatment with progesterone, and are able to maintain the next pregnancy.
Prevent early miscarriage. Progesterone deficiency is not the cause of every miscarriage, but scientific research indicates that adequate amounts of progesterone are needed to support the early stages of pregnancy.
• Progesterone levels naturally increase during each menstrual cycle once ovulation has occurred. This allows for the uterine wall to thicken to provide support for the pregnancy. This is called the luteal phase.
• Once the released egg has been fertilized, the lining of the uterus provides protection for the egg as it begins to develop. After the first few weeks, the placenta takes over, producing the additional hormones and nutrients needed.
• Some women have naturally lower levels of progesterone. Some studies suggest that low levels during the first few weeks of pregnancy can cause the uterine lining to be inadequate to support the pregnancy, causing the miscarriage. Evidence for this is limited, however.
• Inadequate levels of progesterone needed to support the early stage of pregnancy are sometimes referred to as a luteal phase defect.
Use progesterone vaginal inserts. Using progesterone vaginal inserts may help prevent early miscarriage, depending on the cause of the miscarriage.
• The scientific literature supports the use of vaginally applied progesterone, via inserts or suppositories, to help maintain the lining of the uterus to support the pregnancy.
• While other ways to administer progesterone are available, such as injections, oral dosing, and topical creams, for women with luteal phase defects and recurrent or unexplained miscarriages, this is the recommended method of delivery.
Supplement progesterone during assisted reproductive technology, or ART.ART helps to induce pregnancy by using procedures that remove the eggs from the woman, combine them with sperm in a laboratory setting, then return them to the woman’s body, or to another woman’s body.
• There are many methods that help couples to achieve pregnancy. ART is one only one method. Women that participate in ART require supplementation of hormones, like progesterone, to help their bodies create a healthy environment to maintain the pregnancy.
Use injectable or vaginally administered progesterone. Progesterone administered by either intramuscular injection or by vaginal products have been shown to be effective in establishing the initial higher levels of progesterone needed during ART.
• Injectable progesterone is sometimes used but carries additional risks for complications since progesterone is very rapidly absorbed and is quickly changed into other chemicals.
• By altering the delivery system of the injection, the active progesterone can remain in its desired chemical form as long as possible. This means altering the liquid, or vehicle, the active drug is placed in, by using oils, such as peanut oil. Do not use this form of progesterone if you are allergic to peanuts.
• Possible complications from progesterone injections include developing an allergy to the inactive ingredients, abscesses and pain at the site of injection, and unwanted bleeding into the muscle tissue.
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends. However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chance of conception and pregnancy.
IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to find answers to some of these questions.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF, moving it up to about 80%. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered.
Sexual intimacy is a normal human need. But for some, sexual behaviour becomes compulsive and gets out of control, even when people might not express it openly. Sexual addiction means the affected person repeatedly participates in a sexual activity, which causes detrimental effects on his/her relationships, job, self-esteem and overall life. It is used as an escape from unpleasant and unwanted feelings.
Like any other addiction, sexual addiction is difficult to talk about until the person accepts that there is a problem and becomes aware of how his/her behaviour is affecting their life along with the lives of people around them.
Here are some ways to help cope up with the addiction for yourself or someone you know.
- Accept the problem: Being aware of your condition and accepting it is the first step to recovery. Admit that you have a problem, make your mind to control it and seek for timely help.
- Know the triggers: Awareness is the most crucial element in treating any condition. Identify the cause of your addiction. There are triggers which precede sexual behaviour, leading to your addiction. Identify these triggers and try getting rid of them. They could be certain emotions, people or situations which make you feel the urge to perform sexual activity.
- Seek help: It is very difficult to address any problem alone. When you think you have a problem, seek help immediately. Confide in loved ones, family or friends about your condition. Join support groups that help people with sexual addiction. Seek professional help when you feel things are going out of control. Visit a therapist who can explain the condition to you and help you find ways to deal with it.
- Stop feeling embarrassed: Addictions come with a lot of shame and embarrassment when you realize your problem. Focus on the positive aspect that you have finally realized and figured out your problem. Forget about the past and concentrate on what you can do to help yourself. Nobody is judging you or going to make you feel bad. Your family and friends are there to support you and help you get out of the situation. Stay away from people who tend to behave otherwise and enforce their negative emotions and thoughts on you. Trusting the person who is going to help you is the key. Remind yourself that you are seeking help to get healthier and happier.
- Channelize your energy: When you stop doing addictive sexual activities, the excess energy in your body needs to be released. Channelize that energy on healthy productive forms of recreation like exercise, running, swimming, yoga etc. Search for an activity which stimulates your mind, body and soul making you feel happy and content to the end. In short, stay occupied always.
Although sexual addiction makes life difficult for an individual, following these tips will definitely help you deal with the situation more effectively.
We are living with a ticking time bomb as several bacteria are becoming resistant to major antibiotics, which means that soon a simple wound may kill us. All living beings have an inherent quality to adapt. Bacteria and Viruses are not excluded from this. They have developed resistance against many antibiotics and form a major challenge for medical science.
In 2008, the International Journal of Cancer published a paper showing an increased risk of cancer proportional to antibiotic use in people. They found that in people who have taken 2-5 prescriptions of antibiotics, their risk of cancer was increased by 27%, and greater than 6 prescriptions led to an increased risk of 37%. An earlier study (2004) showed that antibiotic use was associated with an increased risk of breast cancer. For those taking antibiotics for more than 500 cumulative days, the risk of breast cancer doubled.
Over 100 leading integrative medicine specialists in the U.S. urgently called for a new strategy to confront the very dangerous challenges of the post-antibiotic era... including adding homeopathy as an adjunct therapy.
The Father of Immunology and winner of the Nobel Prize in medicine: Dr. Emil Adolf von Behring - discovered in the 1890s, during extensive experimentation, that homeopathic remedies produced enhanced immunogenic activity. Homeopathy is extremely safe, holistic and very effective.
Their conclusions: Patient survival was statistically significantly higher in the homeopathy group than in the placebo group.
As current research and epidemiological evidence show: Though homeopathy is not a money maker for the pharmaceutical industry, it is a safe and effective treatment option for infectious diseases, with no potential to create drug-resistant germs. In a nutshell, Homeopathy is needed to save humanity. Homeopathy is gentle and cost effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
The age old Ayurveda has answers to most problems regarding physical as well as mental health. Ayurveda states the presence of certain bodily energies throughout the body and mind which help in governing all the physical and mental processes. These energies are called doshas and Ayurveda classifies these doshas into three different parts, the Vata dosha, composed of space and air; the pitta dosha, composed of fire and water; the kapha dosha, composed of Earth and water.
The pitta dosha
As already discussed, the pitta is derived from the elements of fire and water and this is that energy which is in charge of all the heat, transformations and metabolism in human bodies. The pitta governs the digestion of food, metabolism of sensory perceptions, discrimination between right and wrong. So basically, pitta controls the fire in the body and is liquid in nature. The pitta carries out its functions through carrier substances like bile, enzymes, hormones and organic acid.
Qualities of pitta dosha
The various qualities exuded by pitta dosha include oily, hot, moving, sharp, liquid, acidic, and light and a pitta person will reflect these qualities in both the balanced as well as imbalanced states.
Location and task of pitta dosha
Pitta is mainly located in the small intestine, stomach, liver, pancreas, spleen, eyes, blood, and sweat. Pitta basically provides the body heat by breaking down the food molecules into absorbable units. Mentally, the pitta controls the inner joy, will power, courage, anger, mental perception, jealousy.
It can be comfortably said that the reason behind an individual’s anger, rage and jealousy is because of an unbalanced increase in pitta. Also pitta individuals tend to have oily skin. However, a balanced pitta individual usually has a very sharp intellect, a happy disposition towards life, enormous courage and drive to achieve. Imbalanced pitta can also cause inflammations, rashes, ulcers, fever, heat burns, and infections. So, it is very important to have a balanced pitta.
Here are some ways to balance pitta dosha
- Eating is peace
- Eating a balanced pitta diet
- Engaging in activities to calm the body and mind
- Meditating on a daily basis
- Spending time in nature
- Performing yoga and other calming exercises
Eating while angry, eating pitta increasing food, drinking coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking cigarettes; working more than necessary, and unnecessary competition are certain reasons for imbalance in the pitta dosha. Hence, controlling the inner fire and taming it, is mostly in the hands of the individuals themselves.
Parents need to do everything possible to ensure their kids are in good health and shielded from preventable diseases. Vaccination is an ideal approach for the same. Vaccination shields children from serious sickness and the complications of diseases that can be prevented by vaccination. This can include removal of an arm or leg, loss of motion of limbs, hearing loss, paralysis, brain damage and even death. Vaccination is very safe and is always successful. All the vaccines go through a long and cautious survey by researchers, specialists, and the government to ensure they are safe to use.
Here are a few reasons as to why vaccination is very important:
- It will keep you healthy: The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) prescribes vaccination for the duration of your life to protect you against numerous infections and diseases. When you skip vaccination, you expose yourself and make yourself helpless against sicknesses, for example, chicken pox, pneumonia, flu and HPV and hepatitis B, both being the leading causes of cancer.
- Preventing the ones around you from getting ill: A vaccine preventable disease that may make you sick for a week or two could prove to be deadly for your children, grandchildren, or parents in case it spreads to them. When you get vaccinated, you are preventing this. For instance, grown-ups are the most widely recognised sources of pertussis (whooping cough) disease in newborn children, which can be fatal for babies.
- Some diseases have expensive treatments: A normal flu sickness can last up to fifteen days, regularly with five or six missed workdays. Grown-ups and adults who get hepatitis can lose at least one month of work and can get chronically ill in some cases. This can hinder your work which in turn can burn a hole in your pocket. Some of these vaccine-preventable diseases are very expensive to treat.
- Young and healthy people get ill too: Newborn children and the elderly are at a more serious danger for dangerous infections and diseases, however, vaccine-preventable diseases can strike anybody. In case you are young and healthy, getting vaccinated can help you remain as such.
- Vaccines are important to overall health besides a good diet: Like eating solid foods, working out, and getting regular check-ups, vaccination assumes a crucial part in keeping you sound and healthy. Antibodies are a standout amongst the most advantageous and most secure preventive measures available.
- They protect the future generations: Vaccines have decreased and, now and again, eliminated a number of diseases that were responsible for seriously handicapping a large number of people until a couple of years back. For instance, smallpox or chicken pox vaccines have been responsible for decreasing the infection around the world. This is the reason why your children do not require the smallpox shots anymore because the infection does not exist on the ground and has been completely eliminated.