Doctor in Regenerating Lives
Treatment of Depression
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Regenerating LivesYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ms. Hema Sampath to be caring and professional. Not only Councelling but more of a long term therapy is required for my husband who is going through mental suffering due to dysfunctional environment.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ms. Hema Sampath to be professional. Thnk u doctor. But further help required me to pay. Thats unfortunate
It has become rare for a person to stop and admire a beautiful flower. Life has become fast and the human population is distancing itself from nature, and thus from good mental health. Thanks to the increased awareness about mental health in the recent years, many take up meditation regularly.
The benefits of meditation include eradicating stress, handling adversity and even shedding extra pounds. So, what is heartfulness meditation in particular? This is a simple meditation technique that you can practice alongside yoga or spiritual practices to completely relax as it is not related to any specific philosophy. While practicing this form of meditation, you will be encouraged to try and focus on your heart to experience your true self.
Why should you practice heartfulness meditation?
Heartfulness is a type of super-inclusive meditation that is there for more than a century. More than a million people practice the act in more than 100 countries, and this method is growing at a fast pace all across the globe. This tradition is rooted in the Raja Yoga tradition, and it can be practiced in a group or individually. This practice helps in improving the quality of sleep, relieving stress and boosting the immune system. It also helps in bettering the quality of life in multiple ways.
Here are some of the most compelling reasons why you should practice heartfulness meditation.
- Helps enhance emotional control: This meditation technique helps in activating the amygdala which is the emotional center of the brain. Hence, it can help you feel calmer, and these benefits are spilled over in our day to day life as well.
- Acts as a painkiller: You will be surprised to know that if you practice heartfulness meditation every day, you will experience much less pain. In a study, there were two groups of people where one practiced heartfulness meditation while the other group did not. The one who meditated daily experienced less pain.
- Makes you compassionate: One of the most important benefits of heartfulness meditation is that it makes people more sympathetic and virtuous.
- Alters Neuro-chemical balance in the brain resulting in more composed and calm emotional state: Meditation is such a fantastic technique that if you can practice it for about 8 months, it will result in a change in the neuro-chemical balance of the brain.
- Leads to an improvement of cognition: A study found that if you meditate daily, you will be able to sustain attention and it will invariably result in boosting your cognition. The level of improvement can range somewhere between 15 and 50 percent and the more you meditate, the better the results.
Simple steps to help you practice heartfulness meditation
- Find a comfortable place in your home or a place where you can sit each day and meditate
- Make sure you meditate at the same time daily.
- Sit comfortably with your hands and legs in a comfortable position
- Focus on your heart and imagine light filling it
- Slowly and steadily you will start feeling the vibrations and energy in your body
- If your mind wanders here and there try to center it back towards the light in your heart
- Practice it daily for 20 minutes
Moreover, if you are someone belonging to the field of creativity, then heartfulness meditation can reap long-term benefits for you. It not only sharpens concentration but improves your ability to multitask easily. Thus, if you have not indulged in this beneficial act, this is high time to drench in eternal joy and happiness.
ADHD, CDD, short-term memory loss, forgetfulness, insomnia and so many more terminologies we would have come across very often. They all seem to have evolved from a common origin and that is concentration issues. Have you pondered on these questions!! Why can’t it be easy to concentrate? Why can’t it be easy to remember everything? If yes, then read on to know more.
Concentrate! Focus! Pay attention! These are not just words but one huge and complicated process in itself. Many children and as well as adults often develop this issue wherein they find extremely difficult to concentrate.
Science behind concentration issues: When an individual performs a single task; for example reading a book, the image of what he is seeing hits the retina. From the retina, the nerve fibres carry the image to the brain which stimulates the brain cells to fire an action potential. The signal from here moves to the thalamus and proceeds to the visual cortex. This signal activates locus coeruleus which is a brain stimulant. It targets the particular area of the brain becoming the deciding factor as to how one responds to a stimulus, which in this case is an image. When there is deregulation of the locus coeruleus, it is then that a person develops disorders like ADHA, anxiety, depression, insomnia and others.
Factors influencing concentration:
Concentration is a skill that requires you to prioritize your senses while doing any work. It is an ability to block out distractions.
- Dedication to the task
- Interest in the task
- One’s ability to complete the task
- Physical and emotional state
- Conducive environment with few distractions.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and concentration deficit disorder (CDD)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and concentration deficit disorder (CDD) are the two predominant concentration issues. The first one is more common among the children while the latter is observed in mostly the adults. Any individual with ADHD or CDD can show abnormalities in their behavior and social life.
ADHD individuals tend to be forgetful and face problems sticking to one task and may even display excessive fidgeting. CDD individuals tend to be lethargic, move slowly and have trouble in staying alert. Adults may become socially withdrawn and exhibit slow information processing.
Solutions for concentration issues:
Concentration issues require a lot of time to be overcome. You can try to figure out what causes the distractions and avoid them as much as possible by refocusing your mind only on what you are doing. You can give yourself timers which comprise of “distraction time” and “focus time”. This strategy helps if one’s mind is actively processing other things. You may also create subtasks by listing the things you need to do and then ruling out one by one once you accomplish them. Always breathe better and try for long inhalation and exhalation. This helps to bring down your anxiety levels which hinder the concentration.
Though the above-mentioned strategies are just to help you improve your concentration they are not the ultimate cure for any of the issues. Every individual is unique and sometimes accepting oneself can solve many complications as it reduces the need for unnecessary thinking. Always bear positive thoughts in your mind as it will act as a driving source.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!