Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Asthma Management Program
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Health Screening For Women
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Prakhar Singh ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Prakhar singh is a an upcoming enthusiast Doctor. As the General practitioner , I was always very impressed with Dr. Prakhar'sability to handle stressful situations and get patients to relax when others could not. Am sure his professional approach will definitely help to increase the hospital's success rate. Dr. Prakhar has an exceptional sense of responsibility that has caused him to spend consecutive days at the hospital caring for patients. His abilities allow him to work with patients of all ages and his effectiveness knows no age bracket. The feedback from patients treated by Dr. Prakhar is always positive and glowing.
He is the one who takes time to listen and communicate honestly and effectively with patients, relatives, staff teams, managers, peers and dignitaries pitched at the appropriate level whilst putting everyone at ease. I found him quite approachable, confident, decisive, interested and caring. I strongly recommend him to the people who want to get treated as humans and NOT as walking money wallets..
Dr. Prakhar Singh provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thanks Sir, but during sex its hurts
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Prakhar Singh to be knowledgeable. Normal ans
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Prakhar Singh to be very helpful. Thanks sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Prakhar Singh to be practical.
Dr. Prakhar Singh provides answers that are very helpful. Thankyou sir
It is important for you to know about inflammatory bowel disease or IBD, it is a group of intestinal disorders, which leads to prolonged inflammation of your digestive tract. The digestive tract is made of the mouth, stomach, oesophagus, small intestine and large intestine. It performs the task of breaking down food, removing unusable materials and waste products, and for breaking down nutrients from food. Inflammation along with the digestive tract causes disruption in this process. IBD is a fatal condition which can be life threatening in some cases.
Major types of inflammatory bowel disease
The term inflammatory bowel disease is an umbrella term under which many diseases are included. The two major and most common diseases under IBD are ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Crohn’s disease (a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines, especially the colon and ileum, associated with ulcers and fistulae) can lead to inflammation in any part of your digestive tract. It commonly affects the small intestine’s tail end. In case of ulcerative colitis, inflammation takes place in the large intestine.
Causes of IBD
Although the exact cause of IBD is not known, several factors may lead to this condition. They are as follows:
- Genetics: You are more likely to develop IBD if someone in your family has the disease. This is because of the genetic component of IBD.
- The immune system: The body’s immune system plays a role in IBD. Usually, your immune system defends your body from pathogens. A bacterial or viral infection in the digestive tract may lead to an immune response. The digestive tract becomes inflamed as the body fights against the bacteria or viruses. The inflammation goes away when the infection is gone.
However, in the case of IBD, the digestive tract inflammation may occur without any infection. Your immune system attacks your body’s cells. This is called an autoimmune response. IBD can also occur when the infection is cured, but the inflammation remains.
The various symptoms of IBD depend on the severity and location of the inflammation. They are as follows:
- Diarrhoea which occurs when the bowel cannot reabsorb water.
- Bleeding ulcers which cause blood to show up in your stool.
- Stomach pain, bloating and cramping because of bowel obstruction.
- Weight loss and anaemia, which leads to delayed development and growth in children.
- In patients with Crohn’s disease, canker sores may develop in the mouth.
- Ulcers and fissures may appear on the anus or genital area.
- IBD may also be associated with problems such as eye inflammation, arthritis and skin disorders.
The major complications which may arise from IBD include colon cancer, malnutrition with weight loss, fistulas, intestinal rapture and bowel obstruction. It is important for you to consult a doctor on noticing any of the IBD symptoms.
I have problem of acid formation and colitis. Sometime I feel very weak and too much headache after eating something. I also got unconscious. I want to know that acid formation and colitis are the same problem or not? And what are the cause and remedies for this.
I have the following symptoms -1) jaw pain, 2) clicking sound from my right side of jaw, 3) tightness in jaw muscle, 4) difficulty in breathing, 5) neck pain and upper back pain. Where (which department of doctor) should I see at first? Please don't ignore it. I am really in big trouble. Please help me.
Do you know that cholesterol is found in baby formula and has got some surprising facts about them? Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance which is present in all your cells, and your body’s cholesterol level says a lot about the health of your heart in the future. Having high cholesterol increases your risk of acquiring heart diseases and hence, you should try to maintain a normal cholesterol level.
Here are some surprising facts about cholesterol, which you should know about:
- You cannot live without cholesterol: We are born with cholesterol in our bodies and infants get more cholesterol from mother’s milk. This is why cholesterol is added to baby formula. All the hormones and cells of your body need cholesterol for proper functioning. It also builds the cells and helps the liver to prepare fat processing acids.
- One out of three adults have high cholesterol: It is important for all people above the age of 20 to get a cholesterol checkup every five years. According to studies, around 32% of adults in the USA have got high cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels may also be affected by factors such as your diet and stress.
- High cholesterol can be genetic: Genetics is a major influencing factor in high cholesterol levels. Research has proven that almost 75% of high cholesterol cases are genetic in nature while 25% occur because of diet.
- Children can have high cholesterol as well: There is a common misconception that high cholesterol is an issue involving adults only. However, children may also have high cholesterol and it is recommended for you to get your child tested at an early age. For children who are obese and have a family history of heart attacks and high cholesterol, a selective screening is important.
- Sweating raises the levels of good cholesterol: Sweating is good for increasing the levels of good cholesterol in your body. You should follow a healthy diet including food items like avocado and salmon. Working out is also important for raising your HDL levels, which prevent heart disease.
- Supplements may help in lowering cholesterol levels: The first option for controlling your cholesterol levels is to work out regularly. If you are at a risk of heart attack or have hypercholesterolemia, you have to bank on supplements such as plant stanols and sterols. You can also take cholesterol reducing medications such as statins.
Earlier, the medical community was reserved about prescribing cholesterol lowering medicines and they were given only to critical heart patients. In modern day, statin treatment is recommended to people who have even little chances of heart attacks or stroke.
Each person has his own individual bathroom habits and it is totally his/ her personal lifestyle that dictates their regular bowel movement. However, having a bowel movement fewer than 3 times in a week would be deemed as constipation and there can be a host of reasons leading to unhealthy poop. Thankfully, there are some foods which can help you have healthy poop without troubling your bowels and some of them are:
- Dried plums: This dry fruit is not just famous for their delicious taste but also for the fact that they contain high amounts of fiber. Fiber is a nutrient that helps in increasing the bulk of the poop and aids them to move along the intestine. Prunes or dried plums are also known to contain fermentable sugars, sorbitol, and fructans which together create a laxative effect.
- Kiwi: There is hardly any individual who doesn’t like kiwis. And the good thing is that kiwis contain a high amount of fiber which keeps the digestive tract clear. It is also rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which make a cupful of kiwi essential to everyday diet.
- Popcorn: It is not just a wonderful afternoon snack but can increase the daily intake of fiber in the diet. It is recommended by experts to replace the evening potato chips with popcorns that would help the body in different ways including easy bowel movement.
- Water: This is quite obvious as water is critical to keep you hydrated and help the poop move easily through the intestine. An individual who is even a bit dehydrated would have harder poop which becomes difficult to pass. It is therefore very important to drink 8 to 10 glassful of water every day.
- Flaxseeds: If someone can manage to eat a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds in a day, then the body gets 2 grams of fiber. This may sound inadequate, but it really helps in bowel movement. The best thing about flaxseeds is that one can add them in yoghurt, smoothie, salads or evening snacks. It is important to note here that one should not eat flaxseeds as a whole as the human digestive system is not able to digest it. It is important to either ground it or purchase them pre-ground to reap the benefits of flaxseeds.
- Oranges: Having a large, juicy orange in place of a glassful of orange juice can aid the digestive tract to pass the stool. One big orange can offer 4 grams of fiber in exchange of 86 calories. Plus, it is known to contain flavonols which help in treating constipation.
- Oatmeal: The best thing about oatmeal is that equal amounts of soluble and insoluble fibers. The function of insoluble fiber is to add bulk to the stool and help in passing it out quickly while the work of the soluble fiber is to dissolve in the water for formation of a gel-like substance making it easier to pass.
Try these foods today to have a healthy stool and eliminate problems of constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
What is the symptoms of diarrhea? I am still suffering in loose motion from 3 days, 7 to 8 times in a day.
Life is getting stressful day by day. Food habits are changing and so is the diet pattern. A balanced diet is becoming a highly debatable topic in these tough times. Dinner is the last meal of the day and surprisingly the most neglected one too. Though one may begin the day on a heavy note it is always advisable to end it with a light dinner. If this is not followed, your body may be seriously damaged in the process.
In fact, your body will always react to an over eaten meal, in numerous ways as listed below-
7 times more tendency to put on weight: The human body much like the mind is the most active in the morning and by the time it is night, it tends to slow down. Therefore, eating a large meal for dinner is detrimental to your health as by then the metabolism slows down and the heavy meal eaten by you is not digested rather stored as extra fat.
Acidity: People who eat a heavy dinner tend to complain a lot about gastritis and acidity related chest pain and passage of gas.
Migraine: Overeating and fat accumulation has also shown to increase chance of migraine. People generally wake up with a congested mind and clouded thoughts which can later take the form of migraine.
Heart Rate Rises: One effect of overeating is the rapid rise in the heart rate. The body tries to grapple with the intake of large amount of food and as a result, the heart rate rises sharply and we tend to feel nauseated and uncomfortable.
Reduced Sleep: A heavy meal at night disturbs the sleeping pattern of an individual. The brain receives maximum nourishment during sleep. If you eat a heavy meal, the blood supply to the brain is reduced and it is channelized to the stomach for digestion. Hence when people wake up in the morning they feel stressed out and tired.
Depressed: It may sound incredible, but overeating at night according to doctors is not only a sign of depression, but also manifests the condition. Excess accumulation of fat leads to depression. This phenomenon is more common In women.
Increased Stress: The relation between food and stress has been well established, as people under stress tend to eat more. However, it is also true that overeating at night may trigger stress too. After a bout of overeating, your body tends to feel stressed that is converted into a feeling of sluggishness on the day after. It thus becomes a cycle and the person gets caught in it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I had suffered from tuberculosis earlier but now I fine .So what are major steps should I take in future to protect myself.
I am suffering from regular sneezing and coughing, specially when wake up in the morning. How can I get rid of this?
I am suffering from regular sneezing. Specially when I wake up in the morning. How can I get rid of this.
Sir I have a problem regarding ed m just 24 year old and my height is 5 feet 7 inch and weight is 56 kg morning erection is very good and sometime when I masturbation it also good but mostly penis erect to hota h but hard nai Ho pata mje blood sugar ya by kuchh bi nai h mera blood sugar is around 80 and by also around this and my hemoglobin is 15.4 sir ek bar mne sex ki try ki thi to I am fail to penetrate so suggest me what can I do.
My son was suffering from typhoid and his fever has subsided and is convalescing and still on medication-- would like to know what what is the best diet pattern for him and what type of diet should be given to him-- and also how long should he follow this diet.
Sir from one month m having problem in breathing .when I walk stair or do any exercise then I hv problem in breathing. What should I do .i smoke very less. .wght 70.
I been told that sperm lives up to 7 days or even longer in Body so my boyfriend come in me on sunday and my egg gets released on friday so will the sperm still be Alive in me from sunday gone to hatch the egg as that only would of been 6 days.
My immunity is very weak. So many cold and cough and other disease effect on my body easily for long time. And diseases not resolve easily. My body suffer from very tiredness and joint pains.
Many of us need that jolt of coffee to kick-start our day. Science has backed caffeine since ages for its antioxidant properties but sadly it also increases blood pressure and affects the kidneys.
Today's generation is all about taking risks to a whole new level. Many pubs and lounges offer caffeinated alcoholic beverages, and many health drink companies are making energy drinks aimed for the fun loving youth. Though they may be a good idea for a fun night, but a concoction of booze and caffeine together may not be such a good idea says a new study.
Consuming such mixtures is extremely harmful to the brain. Energy drinks contain almost 10 times the amount of caffeine that is approved by the fda to be allowed for consumption by adolescent teens. Mixing them with alcohol alters the brain activity forever that even lasts into adult life.
In a study conducted by the purdue university lead by Dr. Richard van rijn and his team, experiments were conducted on mice that were fed coke mixed with alcohol. Researchers saw significant changes in the parts of the brain that are related with addiction. Similar changes were seen in the mice that were given cocaine. Studies conducted on mice brain produces similar results on human brain.
When one consumes only alcohol, it gives a feeling of happiness. However, when you drink too much, the body knows that you have overconsumed and starts to shut itself down - you feel sleepy so that you don't harm yourself too much.
The stimulatory effect of an energy drink mixed with booze seems obvious. This study published in alcoholism: clinical and experimental research can provide some refreshing insight into it. Lead author and psychologist cecile marczinski showed how the body shuts down any in-built pathways when one overindulges. For research purposes, volunteers divided into groups were asked to drink plain alcohol, energy - alcohol beverages, energy drinks alone and a non-alcoholic beverage assuming that the group who drank energy- alcohol drinks would also show symptoms of sedation. Much to the surprise of the research team, participants who had energy- alcohol beverages showed twice as much stimulation than with plain alcohol alone.
Also, the researchers discovered that it was not only the caffeine found in the energy drink that was the culprit, but the activation of other ingredients in the beverages as well e. G. Glucose, taurine and ginseng which are all stimulatory for the human brain.
The reason a concoction of alcohol and caffeine gives such an intense reaction is because both alcohol and caffeine release dopamine - the ‘feel good hormone’ in the brain.
Teenage brain is weak &amp; subtle and if it is flooded with high levels of dopamine, they may need higher amounts of it to experience the same #x2018 high #x2019; later in life due to development of tolerance which makes quitting also more tough.
The heightened stimulation along with impulsivity makes energy-alcohol drinking quite dangerous especially for teenage drinkers who think they can hold their alcohol or still have control over the steering wheel after heavy boozing at a party.
Next party, choose your poison carefully