Submit a review for Nova Specialty Surgery Center, KoramangalaYour feedback matters!
Are you looking for techniques to detoxify your body? Among the various detoxifying techniques you can opt for, maintaining a detox diet is very important. Consuming food items which are detoxifying in nature is a great way to cleanse the body. Here is a list of foods which should be a part of the detox diet for your body:
- Fruits: Fruits contain a lot of liquids which help the body to wash toxins out. They are beneficial for easy digestion. Containing antioxidants in high amounts along with nutrients, important vitamins and fibre, fruits should be a part of your detoxifying diet.
- Green food: You should consume a lot of food items which are naturally green in colour. They include blue-green algae, wheat grass, kale, spinach, chard and other organic leafy green vegetables. These plants give a chlorophyll boost to your digestive tract, which helps in the elimination of harmful toxins from toxic metals, pesticides, herbicides and cleaning products.
- Citrus fruits: Among fruits, you should have a lot of citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and limes. Citrus fruits help the body to flush out toxins and start the enzymatic procedures in the digestive tract. Lemon juice supports the liver in cleansing as well. Vitamin C is a very efficient detox vitamin which transforms toxins into digestible materials.
- Garlic: The pungent little bulb is another amazing detoxifying food. It stimulates the liver to produce detoxification enzymes, which filter toxic residues from the digestive system.
- Broccoli sprouts: These are rich in antioxidants and have the ability to stimulate the detoxification enzymes in the digestive tract. The sprouts are more beneficial than fully grown broccoli.
- Green tea: Green tea is full of antioxidants and helps in washing out toxins from the system via liquid content. A special antioxidant called catechins present in green tea increase liver function.
- Moong beans: Moong beans have been used as a detoxifying agent in Ayurveda for many years. These are easy to digest and help in the absorption of toxic residue from the walls of the intestine.
- Raw vegetables: You should eat several vegetables such as raw onions, carrots, asparagus, artichokes, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, garlic, beet, turmeric and oregano. The combination of the various types will help the liver in eliminating toxins during the process of cleansing. These contain natural sulphur and glutathione, which help in detoxifying the liver from chemicals.
- Seeds and nuts: You should add some easily digestible nuts and seeds to your regular diet. Flax seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds and sunflower seeds are ideal for natural detoxification.
You should also consume Omega-3 oils such as avocado, hemp and flax seed oil during detoxification. These lubricate the walls of the intestine and allow the toxins to get absorbed by the oil, getting eliminated from the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
How to lose weight with fibrous foods?
Body composition is never the same for two individuals with the same body weight and of the same sex. It is vital to view your weight loss in light of your body composition. Since muscle occupies less space in your body than fat, leanness is determined by one's body composition and weight. The term body composition refers to the percentage of bone, fat, muscle and water content in your body.
Irrespective of the body composition you may have, if you're planning to lose weight naturally, having fibrous foods can help you to achieve that optimal body weight. The study suggests that people who have fiber in their diet tend to have healthy body weight. It provides your stomach with a full feeling and stimulates brain receptors to stop eating without adding any extra calories.
What is fiber?
Fiber is basically carbohydrate present in plant foods such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. In comparison to other forms of carbohydrates, fiber is not easily digested by the body. As a consequence, it passes quickly through your digestive tract without increasing your blood sugar levels. Additionally, it is the soluble fiber that absorbs water to form a type of gel inside your stomach, leading to a slowdown in the absorption of glucose. Lower levels of blood sugar indicate lower insulin levels, which significantly reduces the chances of your body storing fat.
According to experts, women below 50 years of age should have about 25 grams of fiber every day, and men should have about 38 grams. So, here are some of the high fiber foods that you need to include in your diet:
- split peas: contains 16.3 grams of fiber per cup
- black beans: contains 15 grams of fiber per cup
- lentils: contains 15.6 grams of fiber per cup
- broccoli: contains 5.1 grams of fiber per cup
- peas: contains 8.8 grams of fiber per cup
- raspberries: contains 8 grams of fiber per cup
- blackberries: contains 7.6 grams of fiber per cup
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 16 year old my weight is 51 kg is decrease 2 kg in last 10 days now my weight is 49 kg Dr. I am very disappointed with my health I don, t understand with my health please advice me what can I do to overcome underweight.
I sweat a lot in thi summer. The urine out put is limited. Is it alright? my age 83 ans slightly over over weight kindly advise me.
I want to follow a diet chart for thinning my tummy I want to lose weight basically ,please provide me with one. My age 13+ years, height 5'3" I wake up at 6: 30 in the morn monday to friday. My weight 42 kgs.
Hi, I am healthy fat (around 75 kgs, height 5 ft 10 inches ). Though I wish to be much thinner (face fat, body fat ). I was quite thinner till last year as I was staying in hostel and starved most of the times. I still can moderately starve and I know my body will respond very quickly. However, I saw a documentary how starvibg moderately could be lowering my metabolism which in turn will make me fatter if I start eating normally. Pls suggest me a way to get thinner, possibly increasing metabolism and decrease body weight. I eat clean mostly.
I am suffering from high acidity, it starts slowly after breakfast and become very high in evening. But when I take one tab Aciloc 150 mg in the morning before breakfast and one metronidazole in night after dinner, then there will be no problem. Please tell me how often I can continue the above medicine. Does it have some side effects for long term use. If there will be ant alternate medicine or treatment suited for me, then please tell me.
I have tried to reduce my body as compared to my body weight which is 55 I look so fat. People don't believe my weight is 55 my height is 5'0 Sir/ Mam suggest me some ways to reduce it I am doing 15 min exercise daily but my leg starts paining even after 5 min a lot m not able to do I get tired easily I want to become thin please help me out and I am not that much Rich to afford other things as I am a girl I look so ugly.
I have problem eretiycle dysfunction and low sperm count am diabetic and want to become father am also 25 kg over weight please suggest me what I do.
I'll eat less but still putting on weight due to periods irregularities. Doctor suggested me to take thyroid test and the report came normal. Medication suggested is happened tablet 2 per day & m2 tone syrup twice a day. please help me.
Hello Dr. Hi my name is Garry. Mi apne weight se bhut pareshan Hu. Pls Dr. Help me suggest me diet plan how to I start weight loosing program. My weight 105 kg, B. P 160/120 and suffering for sleep anemia.
I am suffering from over weight what should I do to over come my weight. Give me food what should I take.
Hello I am a 37 year old male. I am pure vegetarian. I take a very simple diet and avoid to eat snacks and sweet dishes. My weight is 85 Kg and height 5'7" I usually walk 4 Km daily and do yoga also. But I am unable to reduce weight. What is ideal weight for me. How can I achieve this goal? Please help.
Hi, I am 29 years old, having a child of 4 yrs, after delivery past 2 years I gain lots of weight, now my weight is 80+ my height is 5.4' Pls suggest, 2 months before I have done thyroid, diabetes tests its found normal, only cholesterol highlighted if you want I can share you reports also, I really want to loose weight but it is not happening.
I am 25 and married but yet to plan for kids 1) Need suggestion to reduce weight in a healthy manner 2) Going through severe pains in the joints especially on to lower back and knees. Upon taking a lab report found out that I have very low vitamin D count. Also, getting angry and shout at people in the recent past. Could this also b because of the deficiency in vitamin D.(Count is 8) 3) how to reduce the tummy.
How to loose weight? I am eating cornflex and milk at Morning, rice in lunch, and bread in dinner. What should I do?
Nothing is more disappointing than a failed attempt to lose weight and the constant struggle to shed the flab. Sometimes, best results can be achieved by making simple changes to your lifestyle, including your eating habits without being emotionally and physically stressed. If you have to lose weight, you might as well enjoy the process and do it in a healthier way. Following are ayurvedic tips for a healthier and systematic weight loss:
1. Hot water
Hot water combined with lemon juice and ginger or herbal teas acts as a natural detox. Sip on hot water throughout the day to cleanse your entire internal system from impurities and blockages. It helps to improve digestion and staves off hunger in between meals. It is one of the easiest ways to lose weight and stay healthy at the same time. It is advisable to drink boiled water as it is considered to be more effective than hot water.
2. Eat warm and cooked foods for lunch
Your lunch should consist of warm and cooked foods as they are easily digestible and provide the right amount of nutrients for your body. You can include a variety of cooked food in your lunch because the body metabolism gets adequate time to process the food. Eating cold food has a reverse effect on your body as they lead to weight gain. Avoid a diet consisting of only carbohydrates and proteins as they do not nourish your body but simply make you crave for food in between meals. Instead go for green vegetable and lean protein.
3. Light evening meal
The body metabolism and digestion slows down as you reach the end of the day so it's recommended to have light evening meals. Heavy meals in the evening are often poorly digested and accumulate as excess fat. All your efforts of weight maintenance throughout the day goes in vain if you eat a meal of processed foods or foods rich in refined carbohydrates. It is recommended to eat a vegetarian meal or a meal consisting of complex grains like brown rice. Avoid binging on leftovers and high calorie desserts.
It goes without saying that exercise is a key to a healthy mind and body. Do away with a sedentary lifestyle as that is one of the primary causes of weight gain. If you don't have time to workout it will help even if you take a walk daily. Exercise will not only help you to lose the extra kilos but will keep your energy up and increase your body's metabolism. It also improves bone and muscle health.
I am 57 years old male my weight is 89 kgs and my ht is 5'8" I am trying to reduce my weight unable to do so pl suggest.
Tel me bt weight loss pill. Reshape pill is gud fa health? Without side effects? Reshape pill is only gud fa weight loss? Or more side effects? How many month should I take tat pill? If I discontinued pill wil I put more weight or not? please suggest me gumd product fa weight loss.
Natural Ways to Prevent Abdominal Obesity!