Doctor in N B Kulkarni
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for N B KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Do you have a habit of getting too anxious about minor matters? Is your severe anxiety hampering the smooth functioning of your daily life? Is anxiety giving you headaches, causing insomnia and making you paranoid? All these conditions imply that you are suffering from anxiety disorder. There are several types of anxiety disorders with various symptoms, and there are effective treatment procedures for curing them as well.
Signs and symptoms of severe anxiety/ anxiety disorder: The signs of anxiety disorder vary from person to person, but one common major symptom is severe fear, tension and worry even in petty situations.
The common emotional symptoms except fear and tension include the following:
- Feelings of great apprehension or a dread feeling
- Problem with concentration
- Feeling overly tensed
- Always anticipating the worst in any situation
- Feeling restless and irritable
- Watching out for danger signs in everything
- Feeling mentally blank
Anxiety is much more than being just a feeling and several physical symptoms are observed as a result of the body's response to severe anxiety. The most common physical symptoms are as follows:
- A pounding heart
- Excessive sweating
- An upset or dizzy stomach
- Enhanced urge for urination and diarrhea
- Breathing problems
- Muscle tension
- Feeling twitches and tremors
- Severe headache and excess fatigue
- Sleeplessness or insomnia
Coping with severe anxiety:
In order to cope with anxiety disorder, you should follow these tips:
- You should connect with other people as being lonely or isolated may trigger your anxiety. Meet friends or join support groups. You should share your feelings with a loved one to ease the anxiety.
- You must start undertaking relaxation techniques such as mindfulness meditation, progressive muscle relaxation or deep breathing. These help in reducing your anxiety and make you feel relaxed.
- Regular exercise and work out is a natural stress buster and relieves anxiety. Practice different types of exercises strictly every day.
- You must get sufficient sleep as lack of sleep boosts your feelings of anxiety and tension. You should get nine hours of undisturbed sleep every night.
- You should reduce your intake of alcohol and caffeine products, which worsen your anxiety.
- You must train your mind to stay calm. The habit of needless worrying must be brought under control. You can undertake strategies such as creating a worry period, challenging the thoughts of anxiety and accepting uncertainty in life.
The self-help strategies for coping with severe anxiety can be quite effective. In some cases, fear and anxiety attacks become very severe and cause great distress in a person's life. In such cases, professional help is required. Certain behavior therapies can be undertaken for eliminating severe anxiety.
Is it harmful if a child is given homeopathic medicine when English medicine is already taking for some time parallel? Medicine is c even for reducing over anxiety of a child. Pl. Advise.
Probably I think I'm going towards a stage of depression. I'm bp also remain low and heart beats in a different way. I can feel it. Actually I don't know much about the thing BP it started few months ago. Now the thing is when I'm having such situation I'm having dreams and the dreams are so real that I can't differentiate between real world and dreams. I'm in fear that what's going in my mind. It's really hard to explain you but believe me there is a kind of halo effect in the dreams.
I am 30 years old .i have 2 baby boys .since last 2.5 years I feel anxiety and still I feel shaking in my whole body. every time my head and neck muscles get stretched and my eyes remain heavy. I dont know why is it so. What should I do to relive this problem? I am much worried about my situation.
M social anxiety disorders ki dvai leta h muje puchna h ki kya is bimari ki dvaiyo ko bhi antibiotics kahte h Ya please tell me that antibiotics kya hota h.
Hello, I have a problem that I am stammering while speaking but it gets more worse in stress conditions. E.g When teacher in school asks me any question I could not speak because of increasing stammering in these stressful conditions. please and please tell me any solution of it. Thanking you.
I am 23 years old. I have tongue-tie problem and its creates problem in my speech. Others are unable to follow my word and no matter how much I try I end up sounding clumsy and my tongue do not even come out of my lips. I want to know I if do a surgery will it be beneficial. Will I my voice become clear? How much it will cost and any doctor's suggestions. Thank you.
I suffering from stress. After 14 day there was my exam and I am vary stress for that. Suggest some medicine to control that.
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is such a disorder of personality that causes mood swings, self-esteem issues, impulsive behavior and recurrent self-harm behaviour. It is very difficult to lead a normal life with these varied psychological issues.
People suffering from BPD fear abandonment and loneliness. Yet, they have a tendency of showing mood swings, sudden emotional outburst or anger and hostility. This prevents them from having a long lasting relationship in life. It usually starts affecting the patient's life from early adulthood. It however seems to improve with age. The patient also has distorted self-image. He or she is unclear about what they want from life or what they are in reality. Even minor incidents can trigger intense reactions in people with BPD.
Symptoms of BPD:
- Disturbed self-image: People have self-esteem issues, they sometimes love or hate themselves or see themselves as evil. They have unclear goals, views, beliefs and often end up changing their friends, lovers, jobs, sexual identity frequently.
- Emotional instability: Intense feelings of rage, sorrow, anger, guilt and emptiness or loneliness are experienced by some sufferers of BPD. Extreme mood swings, lasting for a short span of time, are common in BPD. They may also have issues with their self-image where they cannot place themselves and don't know what they feel about themselves or who they are.
- Dysfunctional relationships: It is very difficult to maintain a normal relationship for people with personality disorder. They tend to have quick short-lived relationships and get put off very easily which leads to a lot of heartbreak. Suicidal tendencies and frequent self-harm behaviour like cutting skin using blades/ sharp objects are common. Drugs and alcohol abuse, eating disorders and sexual promiscuity are other forms of self-destructive behaviour commonly encountered in this population.
Causes for BPD:
- Usually it has been found by researchers that it occurs to patients who have had a disturbed childhood. Complex and unpleasant happenings in the childhood may leave a deep impact on the patient's personality, which comes back as a disorder in his or her early adulthood. From mental, physical to sexual abuse in the childhood can lead to this condition in adults.
- Besides, researchers have discovered recently that this illness has hereditary links. Some genes may be responsible for BPD. Improper functioning of the brain is also another factor. Especially, the portion of brain that controls emotions might not be functioning properly in co-ordination with other parts of it.
Diagnosis for BPD:
There is no particular clinical test that can diagnose BPD. It can be diagnosed by a series of interactive session with the patient by a psychiatrist.
Love and support from family and friends are crucial for patients suffering from this disease. Prolonged counseling sessions, therapies and the effort to break away from the chronic gloomy thoughts will definitely lead one to a better life.