My right leg knee is paining since yesterday. Please recommend me some exercise or homemade prescription.
Knee pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons as the knees are large joints that are often subjected to heavy loads. The occurrence of knee pain is on the rise, which may be caused due to sports injuries and unilateral load. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, wearing of the patella, inflammation of bone and cartilage are some of the common forms of knee pain. If you had been suffering from knee pain for quite some time, then there is nothing to worry about; Ayurveda has a great solution to alleviate this condition.
The herbal remedies offered by Ayurveda help in improving immunity, providing strength and endurance.
- Massage: Massage therapy can relieve the joint pain by soothing inflammation and improving the circulation. Several health studies indicate that the regular massage has the power to alleviate pain along the affected joint. You can pick up any oil such as coconut, mustard, olive, castor or garlic oil and heat it and apply it with a gentle pressure while massaging.
- Hot and cold compress: Heat therapy can help in increasing blood flow, decreasing pain and relaxing sore muscles and joints whereas cold therapy aids in reducing inflammation and benumbing the area around the affected knee. But before you apply them, you will have to wrap them separately in towels and not apply directly to the skin. The hot compress can be placed for 3 minutes and then immediately replaced with cold compress for about a minute. The entire process can be repeated for about 20 to 30 minutes. But you shouldn’t be using hot compress if the affected area is hot and irritated. Also, do not opt for cold therapy in case you have circulatory issues.
- Fenugreek: Owing to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, fenugreek or Methi is a highly favourable home remedy for knee pain. It is particularly helpful for people suffering from arthritis. So you can swallow a teaspoonful of fine fenugreek seeds’ powder and drink a glass of lukewarm water after that. Follow the process regularly unless you get positive results. You may also soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and eat them in the morning.
Ayurveda has a solution to all your mental and physical problems, but it is important to note here that the treatment must be administered after evaluating your present health condition and medical history. So speak with an expert today and opt for the home remedy that’s best suited to alleviate your knee pain.
Sir I have knee pain for the last one year but there is no spelling in my knee 4 years back a rod hits my knee, when I doing gym exercise the pain started but it does not cure still I consult doctor he said it is a minor after check x-ray report all clear, but still little pain on my knee please suggest me sir.
I had ACL injury grade 1 in my left knee, it's been 7 days resting and using knee braces. I don't feel any improvement as such. How much time it takes usually to completely recover?
My platelet count was 1.06 before 15 days and now it is 1.04.i also have knee pain from past six months whenever I bent my knees it makes crunching sound. What should I do?
Sir, I am a shuttle badminton player. Since few days my knee paining. When I bend the leg and sit in squat position I could not walk properly. I could not even jerk or stretch my left leg. No problem with right leg. Pls solve my problem. Thank you sir/ madam.
My wife suffering with severe knee pain since 2 months and also diabetic. She told me, feel her nervous system is very tightened at back side of knee. So please kindly suggest me the better prescription. Thank you sir.
I am 53 years old female and I have got pain in my knee from 6 months, have taken allopathic treatment but temp. Relief only. What are the alternative treatments.
My wife is 47 years female having normal physical fitness. For the past one month she is complaining about pain in both her knee joints. She feels a bit too pain while going up and down the stairs, folding her knee and when she wakes up from sleep. She climbs and descends our two storied house many times in the day and works very hard to do her household work. She also goes to drop her child at school and to the bazaar. What should she do? What medicines should she take? What exercise should she do?
Maintaining a right posture is a serious health business so much so that a bad posture can ultimately result in serious morbidity. Right posture doesn't simply mean sitting up straight. Posture refers to the alignment of spine with all its adjoining structures. Younger population is falling prey to bone and joint ailments because of wrong posture. No amount of exercise or therapy can undo 16 hours of bad posture a day. It is important to be mindful throughout the life. Researchers says, a person with good posture maintaining proper alignment through all sitting standing and lying positions. Falling to correct bad posture has significant implications for the skeletal system and leads to osteoarthritis. And hence people should be educated not only on correct posture but also an ergonomic principles at home and place of work.
I have sugar problem since 1 year. I have pain in my knee & also back side in joints. Please suggest me a advise to recover from disease.
Hello Doctor My father is now around 53 or 54 year old And he always have a complaint of knee pain in body He always have pain in night mid night the knee pain also gets increased would you please suggest me any medicine tube Help to get out of these problem.
Rheumatism is an auto-immune and chronic disease caused due to the abnormal swelling of the body joints in the knees or the shoulders. The symptoms of rheumatism include intense pain in the morning, mild fever with the pain, swollen joints resulting in immense pain, stiff joints, increased pain in cold climate and extreme tiredness.
Doctors are still doubtful about the exact cause of the disease, but the weakened immune system might damage the joints. This makes obese people, smokers and women most susceptible to this disorder.
According to Ayurveda, rheumatism is caused due to a major imbalance in the ‘Vata or Kapha’ dosha. The Ayurvedic remedies aim for the restoration of the body’s Vata/Kapha balance. Ayurvedic remedies help reduce the ‘ama’, the toxins produced by the body.
The Ayurvedic remedies for rheumatoid arthritis are as follows:
- Boil a cup of mustard oil with camphor in it until the camphor dissolves well. Apply the lukewarm mixture on the affected areas once a day. This helps revive the blood circulation of the affected portion and subsequently reduces the abnormal swelling of the affected joints.
- You can take a few unpeeled slices of potato and soak them in a glass of cold water. Keep it for the night and drink it the next morning on an empty stomach. Do this every day to get rid of the pain.
- Include little amounts of ginger, garlic, and turmeric in your regular meals. This will help to reduce the inflammation and stiffness of the affected joints. Ayurvedic scriptures suggest that you should try and reduce the consumption of fish, red meat, curd, spinach and extremely chilled water as they might cause an imbalance in the ‘vata’.
- Applying a recommended amount of castor oil on the affected region helps reduce the inflammation and thus, the pain.
- A herbal preparation of celery seeds can be consumed daily in order to treat rheumatoid arthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.