Submit a review for Manipal HospitalYour feedback matters!
My weight is continuously increasing just because of my sitting job. How can I loose my weight and fat?
My weight is 68 kg I want to loose my weight at least 10 kg for that I am taking one spoon flaxseed powder with Luke warm water daily at bed time how much time it will take to loose my weight.
Is reducing weight only solution for pcod if hav thyroid and a person who dose nt wan to get laparoscopy.
Is Ashwagandha helpful for my 18 years old Autistic daughter. Also her weight is 67 Kg. And height is 4.5 feet. Please suggest how her weight can be reduced to the ideal body weight.
I want to loose my weight. My weight is increasing. I am taking only two times meal then also my weight is increasing. My weight increases from 60 kg to 70 kg. I want to loose weight. Please provide me helpful information regarding this.
Hi my age is 27 and the body fat is 34 percent wanna reduce the weight from tummy & belly can you pls help me a Dr. where I can go for fat reduction surgery.
I have got neck fat around my neck, I'm over weight Also due to pcod, it's looking odd. please help.
My body is making too mch estrogen due to which my hip nd thigh r gaining in spite of regular workout please help me what to do also I have thyroid I am very stressed inspite of doing so much workout its happening nd my diet is also fine.
Dr. Doc mam $sir I am asking you for diet chart for 7 days which can help me to reduce my weight from last 3 days but I didn't got the proper response so I reqst you all once again to send me my diet plan.
Hi. I am 12 years old n my weight is 80 kgs n height is 160 cm. I want to lose 8 kgs in 7 days with medicines which do not hv any side effects so please anyone help me. N I want ayurvedic medicines they really work.
With obesity on the rise, more and more young people are looking at measures for weight loss. Ayurveda, with its safe and natural system can be a lofe saver. It believes that obesity is a result of excessive Kapha, and weight loss measures should be aimed at reducing kapha. Reduce foods that are sweet, sour or salty. Increase foods that are bitter and pungent and promote digestion.
The following are some effective ways of losing weight, a combination of natural herbs, dietary habits, and lifestyle changes.
- Guggul or commiphora resin is a very effective fat burner that is used in correcting lipid disorders and treating obesity. It helps by correcting total cholesterol levels, lowering LDL (the bad cholesterol), and increasing HDL (the good cholesterol) levels.
- Garcinia cambogia, or vriksh amla, is a form of gooseberry that is used widely for weight loss. It affects the fat synthesis, fat accumulation, and reduces visceral fat deposition.
- Salacia or Kotahla is another popular herb known for reducing fat accumulation. It suppresses the growth of adipose tissue and is particularly useful in people who are insulin resistant.
- Kalonji seeds, or Nigella, is also useful in improving waist-hip ratios and reducing body-mass index.
- Liquorice is rich in flavonoids which are rich in antioxidants. This has been proven to be useful in preventing accumulation of abdominal fat and reducing triglycerides.
- Warm lime water everyday in the morning will help boost the digestive system and promotes in weight loss. Honey can be added if required.
- Three meals a day is advisable with no snacking in between or healthy snacking if not manageable. The meals should consist of balanced, healthy foods with no oils, lots of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Eat vegetables and fruits that are seasonal, as they have seasonal benefits, are free of chemicals, and easily available. Melons are plentiful in summers while are adequately hydrating, the nuts and roots during winters provide protection from the cold. It is good to have breakfast and lunch as heavier meals compared to dinner, which should be the smallest.
- Starting your day with a round of exercise is considered ideal for a variety of reasons and also for weight loss. Do a mild walk for about 10 minutes after each meal to promote digestion.
- Adhere to a regular sleep pattern. The hormones and digestive enzymes have a natural cycle and help in managing weight.
- Whether meditation or music, exercise or aerobics, find a way to control and manage stress. It is one of the main causes of weight gain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.