Doctor in MS Ramaiah Memorial Hospital
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Hernia
Treatment of Hydrocele
Treatment of Varicose Vein Disorder
Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombois
Breast Cancer Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Submit a review for MS Ramaiah Memorial HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Excellent and docto was good and polie
Piles are a common ailment, albeit distressing, which can be treated with proper operative measures. Piles refer to hemorrhoids which have become swollen or inflamed. Comprised of vital tissues, blood vessels, elastic and muscle fibers, Hemorrhoids are masses and clumps of tissue cushioning and lining the anal canal. The inflammation occurs when there is a rise in the pressure in the small arteries that make up hemorrhoid causing them to enlarge and swell with blood.
Besides the fact that piles, also called as pathological hemorrhoids, can be extremely painful, not operating can give rise to severe health issues. There are different types of piles surgery procedures conducted according to individual needs as prescribed by individual doctors.
Surgery For Piles - What To Expect?
Piles are a common ailment, albeit distressing, which can be treated with proper operative measures. Piles refer to hemorrhoids which have become swollen or inflamed.
Comprised of vital tissues, blood vessels, elastic and muscle fibers, hemorrhoids are masses and clumps of tissue cushioning and lining the anal canal. The inflammation occurs when there is a rise in the pressure in the small veins that make up hemorrhoid causing them to enlarge and swell with blood. Besides the fact that piles, also called as pathological hemorrhoids, can be extremely painful, not operating can give rise to severe health issues other than severe anemia and weakness. There are different types of piles surgery procedures conducted according to individual needs as prescribed by individual doctors.
This procedure involves injecting a chemical into hemorrhoids. The chemical causes the hemorrhoids to contract and stop bleeding. Most individuals encounter little or no pain with the shot. In the case of small internal hemorrhoids, Sclerotherapy is shown to have the best benefit rates.
Stapled Hemorrhoidopexy, also commonly known as MIPH, is a form of surgery which requires 12 hours of hospitalization. This process necessitates general, regional, or local anesthesia. This kind of surgery is used to handle hemorrhoids that have already prolapsed. A surgical staple fixes the prolapsed hemorrhoid inside your rectum and cuts off the blood supply so that the tissue can contract. Recovery from hemorrhoidopexy is less painful and takes lesser time than the recuperation period of a hemorrhoidectomy.
Excision used to be prescribed for hemorrhoid sufferers. This therapy involves the surgical removal of the hemorrhoids with a cautery, laser or knife. Although these methods are slightly different, the outcomes are identical. Excision results in discomfort and pain in the perianal area that lasts from two weeks to two months. The pain during bowel elimination also lasts for approximately the same time.
Management of the hemorrhoids with proper medication, diet and workout is by far the safest way to go. Only in the case of lifestyle changes failing to solve the condition, surgical interference should be considered.
Gallbladder removal, termed as cholecystectomy, is regarded as one of the most commonly opted surgical procedures. Laparoscopic surgery for cholecystectomy is the process of removing the gallbladder with laparoscopic techniques. It is a minimally invasive surgery where the surgical procedures are performed with the assistance of different minute instruments and a video camera.
Advantages of Laparoscopic surgery for cholecystectomy
The most commendable reason why people favour laparoscopic surgery is that in place of having to undergo a five to seven-inch incision, this surgical process requires only four small incisions in the abdomen. Moreover, there is minimal post-operative pain and the patients are able to recover faster than patients who have undergone open gallbladder surgery. Most patients can go home the same day as the surgery and can have a quick return to day to day activity.
Determining whether you are a good candidate for laparoscopic surgery
Even though there are numerous benefits of laparoscopic gallbladder surgery, the process may not be suitable for all candidates as it is generally not suggested for patients who suffer from severe and complicated gallbladder disease or have a history of undergoing upper abdominal surgery. A comprehensive medical evaluation by the physician and subsequent consultation with the surgeon is essential in determining whether a patient is a suitable candidate for laparoscopic removal of the gallbladder.
Undergoing the laparoscopic surgery for gallbladder removal
Once you are recommended to undergo laparoscopic gallbladder removal, your doctor will advise you certain preoperative measures that you must follow before the surgery. It is suggested to take a shower the night before the operation and not to eat anything from the night before the operation. Also, drugs such as anticoagulants, arthritis medicines, and Vitamin E medications must also be stopped temporarily for several weeks before the surgery.
The surgery is performed under general anaesthesia. Therefore, the patient is asleep all through the process. The surgeon first inserts the cannula into the abdomen and then a laparoscope is connected to a specific camera through the cannula. Subsequently, other cannulas are also inserted which help the surgeon to separate the gallbladder from the attachments and then remove it completely through one of the apertures. Once the surgeon removes the gallbladder successfully, the small incisions are closed with dissolvable surgical tape or glue.
It is an overall safe procedure, and the rate of complications is much lower which makes it the most effective and popular treatment option. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A hernia occurs because of an internal weakening of the abdominal layer, resulting in tearing. The inner most layer of the abdomen forms a sac and pushes the weakening area. This results in the abdomen tissue being slipped into the sac, causing pain and other health problems. It can occur to both men and women. Apart from natural weakness of the abdomen, a hernia can get triggered from heavy weight lifting, constant coughing, gaining weight and from irregular bowel movement. 80percent of hernia cases originate near the groin.
What are the symptoms?
Some of the common symptoms of a hernia include:
- Feeling of fullness even without eating a thing
- Sharp pain while lifting weight
- Burning sensation
- Dull ache near the groin area
- Bulge near the groin area
How is a laparoscopic hernia performed?
This mode of surgery uses a telescope-like instrument known as the laparoscope. With the help of a small incision, the laparoscope is inserted at the belly button. Since the procedure is performed withanaesthesia, it isessential for a doctor to do a routine medical check-up that evaluates the general health of the patient, past medical history, EKG, blood work etc.
Usually, the patient doesn’t feel a thing while the surgery is performed. A video camera is connected to the instrument to get a detailed inside view of a hernia and the area that needs to be repaired. Before this, the abdomen is inflated with the help of carbon dioxide. A mesh is placed inside the abdomen to fix the defects of the abdominal wall and strengthen the weakened tissue of the abdomen. Once the procedure is done, the incisions that are made in the abdomen is closed with the help of surgical tapes. The mark of incision disappears within a month.
Benefits of Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
The benefits of laparoscopic surgery are quite evident.
- A lot of tiny incisions are made rather than making a large incision in the abdominal area. This ensures speedy recovery and a short stay at the hospital.
- The pain is significantly less compared to the conventional surgery.
- Lastly, a speedy recovery can ensure that a person can return to work within a few days after the surgery is performed.
What to expect after the surgery
Doctors often suggest a week of complete rest after the surgery. The healing time can vary from person to person. A surgeon typically prescribes antibiotics and pain medications to cope up with the wound and pain. It must be ensured that these medicines are taken on time. A revisit to the surgeon might be required after a couple of weeks to assess the recovery. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Breast pain, lumps in the breast or discharge from the nipples are some of the more common complaints seen in women. Also, it is generally observed that such women are between the ages of 40-69. While most of these cases are benign, the diagnosis or the problem should be deciphered only after a detailed analysis of the case, symptoms, and history of breast cancer if any.
- Breast Pain: Breast pain can arise from a condition called mastitis. It is generally seen in new mothers where the bacteria can enter the milk ducts through the cracks in the nipple causing an infection in the tissue. These infections can also be caused in menopausal women as well, it is more commonly seen in young mothers.
- Lumps in Breast: Breast tissue changes constantly during a woman’s lifetime and the changing hormone levels during a menstrual cycle can also cause such benign lumps. Benign lumps move as you press against them and can usually be seen in both breasts.
- Nipple Discharge: While most nipple discharges arise as a result of a benign condition, it will need to be investigated further to understand whether it due to an abscess, an injury, birth-control pills, pregnancy/childbirth or hormonal changes.
- Breast Exams: The doctor will typically examine the patient’s armpits and breast in various angles for irregularities in shape, inward-turned nipples or lumps. The armpits are checked for enlarged lymph nodes as well.
- Mammography: This form of testing which involves x-rays of both the breasts is more effective in older women when the fat tissue is generally a lot more. In such cases, it is easier to identify other tissues from the fat tissue.
- Sonography: Where an abnormality is discovered in a mammography, the sonography helps to clarify things further. A lump which is filled with liquid are rarely cancerous and this can be done through a sonography.
Most women are still not aware about the factors that can put you at risk when it comes to breast cancer. Compiled below are some points that can help understand the same and what can be done to lower the risk:
- Age: While it is possible for any woman to get fibrocystic breast disease, women between 30 and 50 are more susceptible to such conditions thanks to the hormonal changes during this time.
- Family history: If anyone in your family has been diagnosed with breast cancer then automatically your risk increases. Also, if the person diagnosed is in first relation then the risk factor doubles and in case there are two people in first relation who have been diagnosed then the risk factor increases by 5 times. It is also sometimes linked to faulty gene such as BRCA1 and BRCA2.
- Exposure to radiation: In case you have undergone a treatment and were exposed to the any type of radiation near the chest area for any type of medical treatment then your risk of acquiring breast cancer increases. The younger you were at the time of radiation exposure higher is the risk.
- Obesity: Women who have a BMI over 25 are more at risk of developing breast cancer than others. Further, obesity also increases the risk of recurrent breast cancer.
- Pregnancy & breastfeeding: Women who conceive after 30 years of age are more at risk of acquiring breast cancer, as breast growth cells are immature and active before a full term pregnancy and mature only after it and regulates them. Further, not breastfeeding your baby for 1 complete year can increase your risk of cancer.
- Alcohol: Alcohol has the tendency to damage the DNA in cells and increase levels of estrogen and other hormones associated with hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer. Women who drink alcohol 3 drinks a week have 15% more risk of developing breast cancer, which further increases by 10% if you consume it regularly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Generally performed as an emergency surgery, an appendicectomy is performed to remove an infected or inflamed appendix. The most common question asked before such a procedure is whether removal of the appendix will cause problems in future. However, this tiny tube-like structure which is attached to the large intestine and is said to help you recover from diarrhoea or inflammations of the small or large intestines; its removal will not change how you recover from such infections either.
- Conventional surgery: A conventional surgery generally requires the surgeon to make a small incision in the lower right side of your abdomen and remove the infected appendix. Such a procedure also allows the surgeon to clean abdominal cavity in case the appendix has ruptured. This method of surgery is also chosen when the patient has had abdominal surgery in the past.
- Laparoscopic surgery: This is a much more modern method to surgically remove an infected appendix. The surgeon makes a small incision just enough to fit a small tube called a cannula. The abdominal cavity is filled with carbon-dioxide and a laparoscope is guided through to see the area clearly. The surgeon then proceeds to tie up the appendix and remove it completely. The incisions on the body are closed, cleaned and dressed.
Reasons why a laparoscopic procedure is better for you:
- The biggest advantage is cosmetic as there is a far smaller incision in laparoscopic procedures as compared to the conventional surgery where the incision is sealed with stitches and the scar may be permanent.
- In fact, some very good and experienced laparoscopic surgeons are able to hide even these small incisions behind the pubic hairline make it almost invisible to the naked eye.
- Thanks to technology, the size of the instruments and the cameras used are getting better with time. It is the use of such small instruments that allows you to have an almost painless and scarless recovery.
- Another major advantage in undertaking such a procedure is fewer post-operative complications that are seen in such surgeries. Generally, in the traditional surgery, patients are kept under observation due to redness around the incision, a high-grade fever, stomach cramps, vomiting, chills or any other symptoms. These complications or symptoms can be greatly avoided with the laparoscopic procedure.
- Most people would always prefer a shorter hospitalization and it is possible with the laparoscopic procedure as the recovery is quicker and you can get back to work within a few days.
Considering the fact that such a surgery is typically performed in an emergency and a laparoscopic surgery offers a much better chance of quick and easy recovery, this is the best option for an appendicectomy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
O45Your You For http://curlytales.com/taste-tales/enjoy-ice-cream-studded-gold-huber-holly-hyderabad/
ಸೌಭಾಗ್ಯದ ಲಕ್ಷ್ಮೀ ಬಾರಮ್ಮ || ಪ ||
ಹೆಜ್ಜೆಯ ಮೇಲೆ ಹೆಜ್ಜೆಯನಿಕ್ಕುತ
ಗೆಜ್ಜೆ ಕಾಲ್ಗಳ ಧ್ವನಿಯ ತೋರುತ |
ಸಜ್ಜನ ಸಾಧು ಪೂಜೆಯ ವೇಳೆಗೆ
ಮಜ್ಜಿಗೆಯೊಳಗಿನ ಬೆಣ್ಣೆಯಂತೆ || ೧ ||
ಕನಕವೃಷ್ಟಿಯ ಕರೆಯುತ ಬಾರೆ
ಮನಕೆ ಮಾನವ ಸಿದ್ಧಿಯ ತೋರೆ |
ದಿನಕರ ಕೋಟಿ ತೇಜದಿ ಹೊಳೆಯುವ
ಜನಕರಾಯನ ಕುಮಾರಿ ಬೇಗ || ೨ ||
ಅತ್ತಿತ್ತಲಗದೆ ಭಕ್ತರ ಮನೆಯಲಿ
ನಿತ್ಯ ಮಹೋತ್ಸವ ನಿತ್ಯ ಸುಮಂಗಲಿ |
ಸತ್ಯವ ತೋರುವ ಸಾಧು ಸಜ್ಜನರ
ಚಿತ್ತದಿ ಹೊಳೆಯುವ ಪುತ್ಥಳಿ ಬೊಂಬೆ || ೩ ||
ಸಂಖ್ಯೆಯಿಲ್ಲದ ಭಾಗ್ಯವ ಕೊಟ್ಟು
ಕಂಕಣ ಕೈಯ ತಿರುವುತ ಬಾರೆ |
ವೆಂಕಟರಮಣನ ಬಿಂಕದ ರಾಣಿ || ೪ ||
ಸಕ್ಕರೆ ತುಪ್ಪದ ಕಾಲುವೆ ಹರಿಸಿ
ಶುಕ್ರವಾರದ ಪೂಜೆಯ ವೇಳೆಗೆ |
ಅಕ್ಕರೆವುಳ್ಳ ಅಳಗಿರಿ ರಂಗನ
ಚೊಕ್ಕ ಪುರಂದರ ವಿಠ್ಠಲನ ರಾಣಿ ||