Doctor in Life Care Hospital
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Health Check Up
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Submit a review for Life Care HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Affan Bin Sayeed
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dwijendra Prasad to be helped me improve my health, well-reasoned and saved my life. Thank you sir for helping me
Dr. D Prasad provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you Dr your suggestion is very help ful and knowledgeable to me
Dr. Dwijendra Prasad provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you sir
Surendra Singh Rajput
Dr. D Prasad provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thanks doctor
The chronic fatigue syndrome or CFS is a kind of debilitating disorder which causes extreme fatigue and tiredness. It is not treatable through rest and cannot be explained in the light of any underlying medical condition and hence a major problem.
Causes of chronic fatigue
It is understood what causes chronic fatigue. There are theories stating that it is triggered by psychological stress, viral infection and a combination of different factors which vary from one individual to another. Since no particular cause is still identified and many infections and diseases produce similar symptoms, it can be very difficult to diagnose. According to the reports of the Center For Disease Control and Prevention, chronic fatigue is the end stage of numerous health disorders rather than a single problem.
Diagnosing chronic fatigue
The chronic fatigue is one of the most challenging conditions to diagnose. There are no lab tests for screening the disorder and many symptoms of the chronic fatigue are similar to other conditions. The best way to be sure that an individual is suffering from fatigue is to rule out the possibilities of other disorders like major depressive disorder, hypothyroidism, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, lupus, Lyme disease and mononucleosis.
Treating chronic fatigue disorder
At present, there is no particular cure for the chronic fatigue syndrome. Every person who is affected with the disease manifests different symptoms and thus, may require different treatment options which can manage the disease and relieve the symptoms. Some of the most prevalent treatment options for chronic fatigue include-
- Home remedies and changes in lifestyle: Making proper lifestyle changes can bring about positive impact. One should try to limit and even eliminate the caffeine intake which can aid a better sleep and ease your insomnia. It is important to avoid sleeping during daytime. Another effective way is to go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time each morning as a fixed routine.
- Therapy: Two types of therapies can help the people suffering from the chronic fatigue disorder. The first one is psychological counseling which helps in coping with the problems and improving the mindset. Another option is physical therapy where a physical therapist can aid in creating a daily routine and carve out an exercise plan which gradually increases the intensity. This is termed as the graded exercise therapy or GET and it helps the patients suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome cope up with the difficulties.
- Medications: It is important to note that no single medicine can treat all the symptoms of the chronic fatigue disorder. The symptoms can alter with the passage of time and may also trigger depression. The experts may recommend antidepressant for combatting it. In case the lifestyle changes fail to offer a restful sleep in the night, the doctor may also suggest a mild sedative. Sometimes, pain reliever is also suggested so that the affected individual can manage the joint pain caused by the chronic fatigue.
These are a few of the most common treatment options for chronic fatigue and helps in effective management of the disorder.
It is the plant which belongs to nightshade family and is mostly found in North and South America. The dried leaves of this plant are smoked in cigars, pipes and in cigarettes. The leaves are also chewed by many people across the world or inhaled through the nose. It contains a special type of addictive chemical known by the name of Nicotine. Because of this chemical, most of the people find it difficult to leave this product. This plant due to the chemical Nicotine is not good for the health and consumers face many ill effects after consuming this product.
Tobacco is not good for the body as the leaves affect many body organs namely
- It makes your skin dry and yellow
- It causes wrinkles on your face
- Shows dullness on your skin at a very young age
- Bones and muscles
- Flow of blood and oxygen is slow in the body
- You feel tired and lazy all the time
- It will not help in the development of muscles
- Makes you inactive and you will avoid doing work.
- It increases the blood pressure and heart rate which are further responsible for causing heart attacks or other heart problems
- The heart has to work harder in such cases where people are going for workouts or exercises.
These are not the only bad effects of consuming tobacco. There are many more to it.
All the above points describe the bad effects of consuming tobacco on a person’s health. In case you are not able to leave the habit of consuming tobacco, you must consult a medical practitioner immediately. Your health should always be your first preference in life. Live a healthy life for your own sake.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!