Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for J P Nagar Diagnostics & Health CentreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Ms. Sandhya C to be inspiring. Thanku dr for ur valuable suggestion. I will definitely try to do what u have told.
Ms. Sandhya C provides answers that are knowledgeable, well-reasoned, caring, sensible and inspiring. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Ms. Sandhya C to be very helpful, well-reasoned and saved my life. Problem is solved
Ms. Sandhya C provides answers that are very helpful, inspiring and caring. Ty maam
Ms. Sandhya C provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks for your advice madam
I found the answers provided by the Ms. Sandhya C to be knowledgeable. Great
I am suffering from very quick anger problem. I am getting angry very quickly on very small issues or every issue. I do realize it but can not help. It is making myself feel bad after sometime when its late. Please help with solution. Also I am feeling like my head is full of subjects and too much to think. I try to avoid but can not help. Please help.
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
Here are a few ways of dealing with the effects of tragedies on kids:
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded with people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, but you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bed time and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel the crisis as less as possible, so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child.
Life is full of challenges. We all have our own ways of dealing with stress and strains of life. But, a strong sense of resilience can make you different from others. Winners don’t do different things, but they do it differently. That’s what you need to keep in mind. While there are hundreds of strategies to deal with stress, you need to learn the best ones to increase your sense of resilience. The more resilient you are, the better is your chance of succeeding in life. Your power of resilience is like an armour that will guard you in the battlefield of life. Here’s all that you need to know about how to become more resilient. From personal tragedies to occupational hazards, you will be able to deal with everything under the sun by following the tips below:
1. Acceptance towards change: It is important for all of us to accept a simple fact that life is dynamic in nature. Nothing in our lives is permanent. Situations and events change in our lives, bringing occasional bliss or sorrows. Therefore, if you realize the fact that change is an indispensable part of life and be a little flexible, you will automatically become more resilient.
2. Be realistic: You must have a realistic outlook towards life. Don’t let your mind be preoccupied with fanciful ideas or build castles in the air. Realism and pragmatism are the fundamentals to a healthy living. If you have a pragmatic mind and understand the real problems in life, you will not lose hope too soon. Therefore, you will be more resilient than others as you have already prepared yourself for the worst things in life by understanding the reality.
3. Control your emotions: It has been often noticed that when scuba divers drown, they are still left with enough oxygen in their tanks. It is because they have pulled off their oxygen masks at the time of danger. Researchers believe that most of us, when in danger, lose our senses and start panicking. This worsens the situation and aggravates the problems in our lives, destroying harmony and peace. Therefore, a person with better sense of resilience has better control over his emotions as well. Don’t freak out or panic at the time of danger or get depressed over an issue for long. You must have a fighting attitude in life and be prepared to face the worst.
4. Be a good communicator: It is quite true that most of our problems can be sorted out by communication. If you maintain proper communication with people and yourself and keep all channels of communication open, you will have solutions to various problems in life. This boosts your confidence and sense of resilience. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Technology may be a boon for your love life as due to technology a number of means of communication have evolved, which keep you connected with your loved one in the form of devices, software and applications. However, in spite of its benefits, they are plenty of things that come with technology, which can completeely ruin your love life. Here are some signs that technology may be creating trouble in your paradise:
- You may waste your time checking photos of ex-girlfriends and love interests. You may check out a picture of an ex on her Facebook profile and wonder about a new guy present in the picture. The same may happen with a present lover. These activities create unnecessary complications in your mind which may harm your relationship with your partner.
- You end up spending more time with your smartphone than with your partner. This may affect your relationship, as you are too engrossed with checking social media websites and posting updates instead of paying attention to your partner, who is right by your side.
- Sexting is a common trend in today's world where the exchanging of nude photos between a couple takes place via messengers and chatting platforms. This can be worrisome as you may always be concerned about your pictures getting leaked or exposed.
- You may become technologically clingy. Your partner may have texted you, and you have not been able to reply in spite of reading the text. Modern technology enables a person to see when you have read their message and when there is no response, the speculations creep in. These situation lead to host of other problems.
- It is easy to lie about something online or via texting than saying it face to face. Technology allows you to lie and make untrue statements, which are not true in real life. This creates dishonesty within a relationship.
- With technology, you have too many options at hand and this makes situations difficult. In case you want to go for a dinner with your partner, you might spend hours searching for a good restaurant by going through the ratings online.
- You may spend a lot of time deciphering text messages. Modern day texting is full of abbreviations, short forms and emoticons. Some of these may make you over think stuff, and you may try to decipher meanings from normal texts, which actually have no twisted meaning.
- With so many forms of social media, you may be confused about what to use at which stage or phase. You may think whether you should text first, should you add an interest on Facebook and should you comment on a picture. All this creates confusion and honestly there is no real conversation between you and your partner.
There is no doubt that modern technology has taken the level of communication to a new level. Technology plays significant role in keeping in touch with your friends and loved ones sitting thousands of miles away by bringing them close. But it is high time that you realize that technology is something that has driving you away from your loved one. Make an attempt to have some personal conversations without your phones, laptops and tablets. Watch a movie, go on long drives or late night walks and reignite the love and passion in your relationships. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I am aged 19 years. I doesn't have any girlfriend. By this while seeing my friends who had girlfriends I'm getting some kind of angriness .what should I do to be happy without any problems?
Can anyone pls suggest me some natural way to curb my anxiety and little bit of fairness which is there on my mind as ryt now I am not taking any of the medicines for the same just trying to get rid of this thing in a natural way.
Sir meri wife ko kuch stress jaisa hai wo kyoki baat ko itna dil pe le leti hai or mood kbhi bhi change ho jata hai jara jara baat par bura manjari hai or usko ye bhi lagta hai koyi bhi uski burai karta hai or fhir rone lagti or gussa ho jati.
I am suffering from fear. I feel fear when I have to go other new place by train or bus. If I have to go tomorrow out of station then today I feel to much anxiety feeling tension I can't sleep and eat freely. If I have to go alone then I feel more tension. Why and what is this disease? And will it be solve if yes then how and how much times it will taken to solve?
I am so much depressed due to my bf. He left me for 2 years due to family reasons. I was gone through bad depression, weight loss, insomnia, now again he felt sry and we are in relationship where he doesn't understand me. He doesn't let me feel happy. I want to leave him but I can't. Everytime this ends up with thought of suicide. I hate my life. I am student of bds 1st year. I am not able to answer in viva though I know answer.
I am 21 years old. I study for more than 6 to 7 hrs keep me in stress .My weight is 90 kg .I don't have proper sleep. To relieve from stress I do some meditation but still my energy is not up to mark and tired .I also masturbate daily shall I use asparagus and ashwagandha .Suggest quantity and how to take or any other medicine.
Sir or ma'am please can you tell me which type of exercise we should we do when we rare in depression
My wife is 52 years. For the past ten years she is taking tablets for Type 2 diabetes, blood pressure, vertigo and mental depression. She reached menopause state 2 years back. She is complaining that few tablets such as gluconorm G1, neurobion forte, menopace ISO that she consumes is being passes out intact (unchanged and unabsorbed) in the faeces for past 2 yrs. Further she says that some cooked vegetables like greens, carrot passes out without digestion and found appeared in faeces .She feels that there is no use of consuming these tablets/ vegetables and stopped taking it. She breaks down some tablets into pieces and consumes it. Please explain the reason for it. Further I request the ways and means to improve digestion and absorption. Pl suggest medicines to improve digestion and absorption.
Drug addiction is a major problem in today's world and kids in their teens are big victims of drug abuse. Your kid may get addicted to hard drugs due to several reasons or just for the sake of being cool. This should be a major concern for you and you are the only person who can help your kid overcome addiction.
Here are a few measures that can help your kid overcome drug addiction:
- In order to put your kid on the right path, the most important thing is to show them love and concern. You should keep your anger, fear and grief aside and approach them. Tell them why you are scared or angry. Proper love and affection are required to bring your kids back to the normal track.
- Try to find their strengths and weakness. Your child should be complemented for any good thing that he or she does. You should observe them properly and try to perceive their current nature and mental state.
- You should talk to them and must not scold, shout or threaten them. You must also listen to them properly and try not to react in any way. Talk to them about your concerns and see whether they are cooperating with you.
- It is important to get your kid involved in some activity, which will let them mix with a different group of peers and can at as a positive remedy. You have to make them feel good about themselves. Try to find ways so that your kids will get into some positive, productive activity such as engaging them in a sport or enrolling them in hobby classes.
- You should fix an appointment with a psychiatrist who deals with drug abuse situations. You must explain to your kids that there is an obvious reason behind their addiction and it must be solved for their own good.
- You should also connect with the school guidance people. They have seen many cases like your child’s and know about the situation well. You can enroll your kids in a substance abuse program which is connected with his school.
- You must tell your kids that what they are doing is risky and illegal and as parents, you want to help them.
- Find an expert therapist specializing in teen substance abuse and make your kids have weekly appointments with him. A good therapist knows the best ways to guide your kids to the right path.
Drug addiction in kids is a common syndrome these days. If your kid is into hard drugs, you need to do your best to save him and help him overcome the addiction. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist5.
Depression is a psychological condition, which can develop in men and women of any age. No one can identify the cause of depression. It can be excessive stress, failure in relationships, academic pressure and various other issues of these sorts. But depression in itself is a serious condition and needs to be treated as soon as possible, lest it aggravates.
Before trying to deal with depression through medicines and counselling, it is important to recognise the signs and symptoms of this condition and try as much as possible to come out of it on your own. There are certain natural remedies, which work during the initial stages of depression. It is only when these fail or it aggravates that the patient must be rushed for immediate counselling. Here are certain natural ways of treating depression.
- Sleep well: A sign that you are suffering from depression is lack of sleep. One does not get sleep no matter how hard he/she tries. Even after having sleeping pills, one does not get the correct amount of sleep that he/she requires. This triggers insomnia, thereby causing other health problems to develop. Thus, sleeping is mandatory. If needed, you must force yourself to sleep.
- Eat well: It is often said and seen that depression leads you to binge eat or over eat. Overeating would include indulging yourself to too much chips, chocolates, junk food and the like. This would unnecessarily make you gain extra pounds and can trigger obesity. Alternately, it has been seen that the patient lacks the desire to eat anything. This too can lead to adverse effects as the body balance gets disturbed.
- Exercise: Regular exercise helps in diverting your mind to something else for a little while. It also helps in keeping you fit and healthy. In case you do not like to exercise, you can opt for jogging or running or even simply taking a walk out in the open. Going out and inhaling fresh air, makes you focus on positive thoughts for a while. A daily dose of positive thoughts can do wonders for you.
- Experiment with yourself: Try something new each day that you have not tried ever before. This might include cooking, knitting, riding a bike and the likes. This keeps you busy and keeps your mind off the negative thoughts. What’s more, you might discover some of your hidden talents.
These are some of the natural remedies that you can opt for to fight depression before consulting a psychologist for the same.
Relationships are either delicate or strong, depending upon the bonding you share with your partner. The bonding depends on various factors. Some of the most essential ones being emotional attachment, friendliness, sense of ease, mental compatibility and a feeling of sustained emotional support from the relationship. This is applicable to all relationships; be it a relationship with your spouse, a parental relation with your children, a relationship with your friends, relatives, etc.
However, it is a common factor that every relationship requires a definite level of friendship, understanding and trust to sustain. However, sometimes you may find eventual signs of distance or detachment, which could be signals of potential violence in the relationship.
- Sense of complete possession: This is a vital factor that intricately works behind initiating violence in relationships. Possessiveness is a form of extreme emotional condition. A sense of possessiveness lies in every relation. However, over possessiveness leads you to restrict your loved one to share his love with anyone else. It can even be severe when you may even dislike your loved one talking to anyone else. Therefore, it may lead to eventual abuse or violence in the relationship.
- Distrust: Trust and belief are essential elements in any relation. If you tend to lose trust on someone, you can hardly be normal in the relationship. Disbelief results in doubt and continued doubt and resistance lead you to react violently. If you constantly disbelief a person, you are ought to react out of your general personality sometime.
- Abuse: Use of abusive language may be a strong indication of emerging distance in a relation. A person indulges in using abusive language out of anger and frustration, both of which could be major signals of potential violence in the near future. Both abusive language and physical violence are considered as forms of violence. Therefore, initial signs of abuses should be considered immediately.
- Dominance: In every relationship where two persons are involved, you will usually find any one of them to be dominant. However, that is acceptable until the dominance is within a certain limit. However, if it crosses the limits of patience and acceptability, it may sometimes result in violence.
- Short temper Attitude: If any one of the involved persons in the relationship is short tempered, it will definitely be a lead reason of miscommunication or insufficient communication. Short tempered individuals are mostly characterised with low patience. If you do not have patience, you can never offer understanding. And above that, short-tempered attitude can be an additional disadvantage. These types of individuals fail to control their anxiety and can often be violent in relationships. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
It is said that children are a gift and watching them grow up is one of the most joyful things of life. Having said that, many couples initially feel that having a baby will not change the way things are between them and later find out they are wrong. So how do kids affect the bond between a couple and what can be done to make sure that the strain on the parents is not too much to bear?
Having a baby not only changes the equation between the couple but also, in some cases, the equation between the couple and other friends and family. Many parents do receive a lot of support at the time of the delivery and also receive some initial support on making the shift back home from the hospital. After that, in most cases, you are left to fend for yourselves and you have to iron out the details in front of you as you go. In order to do this in the best way possible, it is very crucial for both the parents of the baby to work as a team.
Questions that you need to answer in an objective and frank manner include those which pertain to who does what for the baby, how you will manage adequate rest as well as how you will divide other activities that need to be carried out around the house.
Quite a few couples who, prior to the baby, have amicable relations end up arguing a lot more after the baby is born. The level of exhaustion and responsibility, which comes as part and parcel of not only looking after oneself and providing a level of care to the partner, but also caring jointly for another human is quite a task.
For many couples, the stress shows by the way of strain. Taking a few deep breaths will help tone down anything, which may spark into an argument and will help you solve your issues in a calm manner. Spending time together while running chores for the baby will help you bond better. Taking time out for each other while the baby is asleep or away to a day care or a school is also very important for maintaining a healthy relationship.
As long as there is an effort to adjust to a new normal rather than struggle to deny change, things may be bumpy initially, but it will definitely work out for the better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.