Doctor in HMT Hospital
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for HMT HospitalYour feedback matters!
Headaches and migraines can vary drastically depending on their duration, specific symptoms and the person they are affecting. The more you know about your specific type of headache or migraine, the better prepared you will be to treat them—and possibly even prevent them. The two types of migraine are-
- Migraine without aura: The majority of migraine sufferers have Migraine without Aura.
- Migraine with aura: Migraine with Aura refers to a range of neurological disturbances that occur before the headache begins, usually lasting about 20-60 minutes.
Symptoms of migraine vary and also depend on the type of migraine. A migraine has four stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. But it is not necessary that all the migraine sufferers experience all the four stages.
Prodrome: The signs of this begin to appear a day or two days before the headache starts. The signs include depression, constipation, food cravings, irritability, uncontrollable yawning, neck stiffness and hyperactivity.
Migraine Aura: Auras are a range of symptoms of the central nervous system. These might occur much before or during the migraine, but most people get a migraine without an aura. Auras usually begin gradually and increase in intensity. They last for an hour or even longer and are
- Visual: Seeing bright spots, various shapes, experiencing vision loss, and flashes of light
- Sensory: Present in the form of touch sensations like feeling of pins and needles in the arms and legs
- Motor: Usually related with the movement problems like the limb weakness
- Verbal: It is related with the speech problems
Headache: In case of a migraine attack one might experience:
- Pain on both sides or one side of the head
- Pain is throbbing in nature
- Vomiting and nausea
- Sensitivity to smells, sound and light
- Vision is blurred
- Fainting and lightheadedness
Postdrome: This is the final phase of the migraine. During this phase one might feel fatigued, though some people feel euphoric.
Red flags that the patient may be having underlying serious disorder not migraine
- Onset of headaches >50 years
- Thunderclap headache - subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Neurological symptoms or signs
- Immunosuppression or malignancy
- Red eye and haloes around lights - acute angle closure glaucoma
- Worsening symptoms
- Symptoms of temporal arteritis
Diagnosis of Migraine: Usually migraines go undiagnosed and thus are untreated. In case you experience the symptoms regularly then talk to the doctor, who evaluates the symptoms and can start a treatment. You can also be referred to a neurologist who is trained to treat the migraines and other conditions. During the appointment the neurologist usually asks about the family history of headaches and migraines along with your symptoms and medical history.
The doctor might advise for some tests like:
- Blood Tests: These reveal problems with the blood vessel like an infection in the spinal cord and brain.
- CT scan: Used to diagnose the infections, tumors, brain damage, and bleeding that cause the migraines.
- MRI: This helps to diagnose the tumors bleeding infections, neurological conditions, and strokes.
- Lumbar Puncture: For analyzing infections and neurological damages. In lumbar puncture a thin needle is inserted between the two vertebrae to remove a sample of the cerebrospinal fluid for analysis.
Migraine treatments can help stop symptoms and prevent future attacks.
Many medications have been designed to treat migraines. Some drugs often used to treat other conditions also may help relieve or prevent migraines. Medications used to combat migraines fall into two broad categories:
- Pain-relieving medications. Also known as acute or abortive treatment, these types of drugs are taken during migraine attacks and are designed to stop symptoms.
- Preventive medications. These types of drugs are taken regularly, often on a daily basis, to reduce the severity or frequency of migraines.
Your treatment strategy depends on the frequency and severity of your headaches, the degree of disability your headaches cause, and your other medical conditions.
Some medications aren't recommended if you're pregnant or breast-feeding. Some medications aren't given to children. Your doctor can help find the right medication for you.
Feeling bloated or acidic after a heavy meal can take away all the satisfaction the taste of food gave you. Indigestion and gas are some of the most common gastrointestinal problems faced by people around the world. In most cases, indigestion is a result of bad food choices and unhealthy lifestyles. Thus they can simply be relieved at home and do not necessarily need medication. Here are 4 easy steps to lower heartburn, gas and indigestion.
- Add more fiber to your food: Fiber is crucial to healthy digestion. It is easy to digest and help push waste out of the system by adding bulk. In this way, fiber helps detoxify the system as well. It also prevents diabetes, heart disease, hemorrhoids and other diseases. Add fiber to your diet in the form of whole grains, cereals, fruits, vegetables, nuts and plenty of water. Ideally, a woman should have 25gms of fiber a day and men should have 38 grams of fiber a day.
- Healthy food eating habits: How you eat also makes a difference to your digestion. Instead of eating on the move, eat mindfully. Chew your food carefully to begin the digestive system. Eating smaller portions can also help improve stomach functioning. Avoid fast foods that are difficult to digest. Ensure that you do not eat anything for at least an hour before going to bed. Lying down immediately after a meal is one of the leading causes of indigestion.
- Probiotics: Gut bacteria is essential for healthy digestion. This bacteria helps maintain a healthy inner ecosystem and help fight harmful viruses, yeast and other such microorganisms. This balance of gut bacteria can be affected by an unhealthy lifestyle like excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, stress and certain prescription drugs. Supplementing your natural probiotic enzymes with food rich in probiotics like yogurt or probiotic supplements can help make your digestion better.
- Exercise Regularly: Exercise is necessary not only for a fit body but also for healthy digestion. Exercising also helps fight stress that is one of the leading causes of indigestion. Taking a walk after meals can help regulate the passage of food and gases in your digestive system. This prevents bloating and heartburn. Physical activity also helps stimulate your bowels to prevent constipation and prevent gaseous build up. Some forms of exercise you could try are yoga, swimming and cycling. A word of caution; always ensure that there is at least an hour's gap between exercising and your last meal.
A good night's sleep is very essential for the body and mind to recharge and be ready to function to its full extent each day. Though the constant change in lifestyles have removed the fixed sleep hours, it is still advisable that for a healthy lifestyle, about 7 to 8 hours of sound sleep is essential. Studies reveal that about 60% of the UK population is sleep deprived, getting 6 or less hours of sleep. Further, studies have shown that there is a good correlation between a person's food habits and the sleep pattern.
While some foods are good at inducing sleep, there are others which help you reduce the fatigue that sleeplessness brings in. The following is a list of foods with the most significant benefits outlined :
- Cherries: Cherries contain melatonin which controls our biological clock. Often used to combat jetlag, melatonin improves sleep duration and quality of sleep.
- Bananas are loaded with potassium and magnesium, which are very good for cardiovascular health and cognitive functioning. They are believed to induce peaceful sleep.
- Mangoes help by boosting the immune system and providing a good sleep.
- Blueberries - they are believed to reduce oxidative stress and muscle cell inflammation
A glass of warm milk incudes sleep. Add a pinch of cinnamon and see yourself sleep even better. Scientists believe that tryptophan and serotonin do the magic. Not just milk, even other dairy products like cheese improve your sleep.
The salmon, sardines, and tuna are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and also contain vitamin B6. Both these are believed to improve cognitive state and are believed to induce a restful sleep.
Be it walnuts or pecans or cashews, all nuts contain a soothing effect. They are a good source of tryptophan, which is an amino acid responsible for sleep. This releases melatonin and serotonin which regulate the biological clock and manage sleep patterns.
For instance, chamomile tea and valerian tea act as a mild sedative and encourage a healthy sleep. The whole act of brewing the tea with the aroma wafting through the air is believed to promote a soothing effect too. Green tea is also considered to be a sleep-inducing agent.
It is always advised to maintain a lifestyle that allows you to recharge your body with the required amount of sleep. The benefits of a good night's sleep cannot be denied or hidden. On rare occasions, these alternatives could come in handy, both to induce sleep and to fight the fatigue arising out of a lack of it. If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult.'
I am having itch problem in my thigh and face having red spots with pain. Kindly advice medical treatment.
Sir, Mujhe piles ki problem hai Saal bhr tak homeopathic treatment bhi krvaya hai lekin usse koi frk nhi pda Jese kuch chatpata khate tb problem hoti hai or masse thik krne ka or piles ka koi ilaaj btao.
Hi, Nowadays I'm having trouble sleeping. From last 5 days I'm waking up in 3-4 hours and couldn't get back to sleep And then my whole schedule is messed. I want to know the reason behind it and how to cure it. And I don't consume alcohol or caffeine?
I am using enalapril and since I started a few months ago I have noticed a difficulty in having an erection. Is it the effect of the medicine and if yes what can I do? Thanks.
अस्थमा श्वसन संबंधी रोग होता है जो सांस लेने में कठिनाई पैदा करता है. अस्थमा में श्वास नलियों की सूजन आ जाती है जिस कारण श्वसनमार्ग संकुचित हो जाता है. श्वसनमार्ग के संकुचित हो जाने से सांस लेते समय आवाज़ आना, श्वास की कमी, सीने में जकड़न और खाँसी आदि समस्याएं होने लगती हैं.
इस लेख के माध्यम से हम आपको अस्थमा का आयुर्वेदिक इलाज बताने जा रहे हैं.
अस्थमा का आयुर्वेदिक इलाज-
* आयुर्वेदिक दवाएं में कोई साइड इफेक्ट्स नहीं होता हैं और सुरक्षित है. यह अस्थमा के इलाज में बहुत हद्द तक कारगर है. कुछ आयुर्वेदिक दवाओं को शामिल कर के अस्थमा को ठीक किया जा सकता है जैसे कंटकारी अवालेह, अगस्त्याप्रश, चित्रक, कनाकसव इत्यादि.
* रात का खाना जितना हल्का हो सके लें व सोने से एक घंटे पहले ही खा लें.
* अस्थमा से बचने के लिए सुबह और शाम को टहलने के लिए निकलें. इसके अलावा योग में आसान भी कर सकते है जैसे ‘प्राणायाम’ और मेडिटेशन.
* अस्थमा के मरीज को मुश्किल एक्सरसाइज करने से बचना चाहिए.
* हवादार कमरे में रहें और सोएं. एयर कंडीशनर, कूलर और पंखों की सीधी हवा से बचें.
* अस्थमा रोगी को ठंडे और नम स्थानों से दूर रहना चाहिए.
* स्मोकिंग,टोबैको और ड्रिंक करने से बचे. कमरे में किसी खुसबूदार चीजे जैसे इत्र अगरबत्ती या अन्य चीजों का प्रयोग ना करें.
* गजर और पालक के उचित अनुपात मरीन मिलकर रोजाना रस पीएं.
* जौ, कुल्थी, बथुआ, द्रम स्तिच्क अदरक, करेला, लहसुन को अस्थमा रोगी को नियमित रूप से लेना चाहिए.
* मूलेठी और अदरक को आधा चम्मच एक कप पानी में डाल कर पीएं.
* तुलसी रोग प्रतिरोधक क्षमता को भी बढ़ाती है, इसलिए अस्थमा के मरीजों को तुलसी का सेवन करना चाहिए.
* जो लोग इस रोग का सामना आकर रहे हैं, वह हर मौसम के आगमन पर पंचकर्म की नस्य या शिरोविरेचन की साहयता लें.
* यदि रात में अस्थमा का अटैक आ जाए, तो छाती और पीठ पर गर्म तिल के तेल का सेंक करें.
* घर में एक शीशी प्राणधारा की अवश्य रखें. उसमें अजवाइन का सत् होता है, जिसकी भाप दमा के दौरे में राहत देती है.
* एक चौथाई चम्मच सोंठ, छ: काली मिर्च, काला नमक एक चौथाई चम्मच, तुलसी की 5 पत्तियों को पानी में उबाल कर पीने से भी दमा में आराम मिलता है.
* एक चौथाई प्याज का रस, शहद एक चम्मच, काली मिर्च 1/8 चम्मच को पानी के साथ लें.