Doctor in Dr Abdul Aziz Riyaz
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr Abdul Aziz RiyazYour feedback matters!
Dr Abdul Aziz Riyaz Feeds
The skin is the body's most expansive organ, but few people know how to take care of their skin properly. Between media hype and amateur beauty tips, it is hard to differentiate between myths and reality. For example, should you splurge on an expensive moisturizer or not? Here's the truth behind three common beauty myths.
You need sunscreen only when you're outdoors on a sunny day
Sunscreen should be applied every day whether you're indoors or outdoors. It is a misconception that we are safe from the sun's UV rays when we're indoors. Howeve,r UV rays are of two types. While the UVB rays that cause sunburn are blocked by walls, we are still vulnerable to the UVA rays indoors. UVA rays are responsible for skin ageing and skin cancer. Similarly, on cloudy days, we are safe from UVB rays but still need protection from UVA rays. Ideally, your sunscreen should have a minimum SPF of 20-30. If you don't like having to layer makeup over sunscreen, pick makeup products that are enriched with SPF.
You need to moisturize and tone your skin every day
No two people have the same skin requirements. While it may work for a person with dry skin to moisturize their skin every day, this may be detrimental for someone with oily skin. If you have oily skin, look for a lotion instead of creams, but if your skin is dry, you definitely need a cream based moisturizer. Similarly, a toner is great for oily skin but can disturb the Ph balance of dry skin. Also, take a look at the climate before you moisturize your skin. Moisturizing your face regularly in a humid area can lead to breakouts, while using a toner in dry weather can make the skin rough.
Makeup causes acne.
Makeup aficionados can breathe a sigh of relief; wearing makeup for extended durations does not lead to acne. The way you use your makeup and the type of product you use are the villains here. Contrary to popular belief, foundation is designed not to be absorbed into skin pores but to form a layer over the skin. Using expired products is also one of the main causes of acne. The other reason makeup is thought to trigger acne is that, if you go to sleep with makeup on, you may wake up with a breakout. This is because not washing your face, clogs your skin pores with the day's grime and dirt.FF
The human skin is a continuous organ within the human body and the largest organ altogether. The skin problems we often face are indicators of what's going on underneath rather than just stand-alone conditions by themselves. There are many types of skin pigmentation disorders. Let's have a quick look at them.
Types of skin disorders related to skin pigmentation
Some of the common types of skin pigmentation disorders are melasma, age spots, liver spots and pigmentation after inflammation of the skin. Some of these are caused due to hormonal imbalances, overexposure to the sun, age or excessive melanin production due to underlying factors.
Prevention and treatment of skin pigmentation and related disorders
Skin pigmentation primarily occurs due to issues with your lifestyle or due to underlying changes in other parts of the body. It is also caused by overexposure to the sun. Thus there are some basic prevention tips and treatment methods which you can use to minimize your chances of skin pigmentation.
Using sunscreen - This is important in people of all skin complexions but especially important in people with lighter skin tones as excessive sun exposure can cause havoc with these skin tones. You should use a sunscreen of SPF rating 15 or above to protect yourself from skin pigmentation.
Exfoliate regularly but gently - Excessive exfoliation can cause oily and rough skin, but gentle and regular exfoliation is important to reduce dead skin cells as well. Dead skin cells also contribute to skin pigmentation and thus removing them regularly is necessary.
Specialist treatments suggested by the dermatologist - It is best to visit your dermatologist to ascertain what levels of treatments you may require in order to stop skin pigmentation or to fade an already existing mark. Basic prevention, as well as treatment methods, may include any of the following
Melasma or pregnancy mask - This skin pigmentation disorder is caused by elevated hormones during pregnancy and goes away by itself after a few months of delivering the baby. During this time it is important to take care of your skin as you normally would and wait for the hormones to subside after childbirth.
There are many natural remedies out there as well with varying degrees of success in treating these problems. However, you must remember that pigmentation is usually just a symptom of something that is already underneath. Topical products can only fade or lessen it so much until the core issues are resolved from within.
Though ovarian cysts can be well-treated with surgeries but not all surgeries are good for operating them. Thus, you have to choose the safest option that can help you to avoid adverse impacts after surgery.
Laparoscopic method is the approved surgical method that can operate ovarian cysts in the best possible manner. This treatment is completely painless, and thus you will not suffer at all while conducting the concerned method.
What is the best surgical method for ovarian cysts?
If you are looking for the best surgical method that can treat ovarian cysts, then nothing can be a better option other than laparoscopic surgery. There are many potential benefits of this surgical treatment for which it is more preferred in comparison to the traditional surgeries.
- Improved treatment: This treatment is quite an advanced treatment which is not invasive and moreover, the count of side-effects is quite lower. Modernized surgical equipment are used in this regard so that ovarian cysts can be removed with great ease and convenience. Moreover, the chances of medical malpractices or errors can be completely eliminated, and thus the patients remain safe.
- Needs short tenure: This treatment does not take a long time, and rather it can be completed within a short time. You do not have to stay at the hospital for long rather can get discharged on the same day treatment takes place. Thus, you can save a lot of medical expenses.
- Reduction in sufferings caused due to surgery: Sufferings due to surgery can be reduced or completely eliminated to a great extent, and this is one of the leading reasons why this treatment is preferred for removing ovarian cysts. You will not face any painful sensation and on the other hand, the trouble of blood transfusion is also avoided in this case.
- No exposure to contaminants: internal organs will be protected against different kinds of contaminants by implementing laparoscopic surgery. If the organs get contaminated, then the possibility of post-operative infections will rise. Infectious diseases are very much dreadful.
- Small incision-size: Incision size is quite small, and this is really quite beneficial in preventing different unwanted symptoms like pain, excessive bleeding and others. You do not have to take strong medications for getting rid of post-surgery symptoms. Scar tissues often get affected by infectious diseases, but in this case, it does not happen, and thus you will remain completely safe and secured.
Black heads on nose and my face and hands are darker than whole body may due to tan ,so what I can do for that.
I am 18 years old. I have a wheatish skin tone. I wanna improve 2-3 skin tone. Can you suggest me some home remedies.
How to fair skin I will old days use skin shine but my skin looking red just looking normally please suggest best cream for skin glowing.
Hi doctors! please help me out from these dark and dry lips :(unknowingly I used some cheap lip products resulted dark lips and I had a pigmentation around my chin and lip area. Could you please suggest some remedies or creams or treatments please! thank you all.
Hi Sir, I got a lump around anus area. Little discomfort and painful. Please suggest a fast remedy for the swell. And explain what's that?
Beauty is something which is a lot more than just skin deep. However, that really does not mean that adequate care is not taken for a person’s skin. So what does that mean when it comes to what a person has to do?
Quite a few things, as a matter of fact!
- To start with, a person who is interested in making sure that his or her skin is clear should focus on making sure that the diet he or she is following does everything that is beneficial for the skin.
- There are quite a few foods which do go a pretty long way in making sure that the skin stays healthy. Foods which are rich in Vitamin C are good to have in order to be able to achieve this purpose.
- When a person eats, he or she should make an effort to maximise the diversity on his or her plate. This can take the form of a range of vegetables or fruits. To make good use of an example, carrots are great. All a person needs to do in order to harness their beneficial effects is to just cut them up and mix it with other vegetables and make it a salad.
Everyday foods for great skin!
- Spinach and swiss chard are also some good options to incorporate in a meal. If a person does not like the taste of spinach, pumpkin does serve to be a reasonable replacement.
- Out of all the different types of fats there are, Omega-3 fats are the best and some fats can cause a lot of trouble to the skin. Fish are quite high in omega 3 fats and this is a great dietary option to reduce the adverse impact which it had on the skin as a result of too much exposure to the sun. If a person happens to be vegetarian, some other good options would be in the form of walnuts and ground flaxseed.
- Rather than eating processed foods, it is better to eat foods which are whole in nature as they can do a lot of good for the skin of the person. Yoghurt, nuts, and multigrain breads are good options which fall under the whole foods category.
All in all, as long as a person is careful about the foods that he consumes, there is really no reason at all as to why his or her skin cannot be in perfect health.