Doctor in Clumax Neuropsychiatry Consultation Centre
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Sex Addiction Counselling
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Psychosis
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Clumax Neuropsychiatry Consultation CentreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Anusree T Ramesh
ADHD is one of the commonest behavioral disorders that are found in most school going kids. In fact, this kind of trouble might affect kid's ability quite adversely. There are a few signs with the help of which ADHD in kids can be easily detected. Some of the commonest ones are emotional turmoil, unfinished tasks, squirm and fidget, low focus, careless mistakes and other related ones.
Both interpersonal relationship and schooling success can be hampered to a great extent with this kind of mental disorder. This is why the kids facing the mentioned signs need to be thoroughly diagnosed medically so that the doctors can recommend best treatments that can provide the fastest recovery and that too safely and easily.
Best tips for tackling ADHD in kids:
Setting behavior limits: If you want your kids learn how to lead a disciplined life, then appropriate behavioral limits have to be clearly established for the key behaviors that are expected from them.
Anger management - You must control your child's anger actively. Otherwise, it will be difficult to treat ADHD, effectively. For anger management, several techniques can be used, but they must be selected after discussion with the mental health worker.
Setting pressure free routine structure - Preparation of sensible routines and scheduled charts is an important step towards ADHD management. However, the same should not become a pressure for the child. Hence the child's suggestions and interests should be kept in mind while preparing a schedule.
Advocating child - Advocating your child is very much required maintaining a healthy balance for a child suffering from ADHD. Talking about the child’s interests brings the family members closer to the child. In the course of such an interaction, less strictness brings about more meaningful interactions. Typically, a family member or a tutor should be involved in this process.
Acquiring knowledge about ADHD - Both parents and kids should have the required knowledge for ADHD. Having a proper knowledge will not only aid the parents in early recognition of symptoms and signs, but also in understanding and implementing necessary treatments.
Being persistent - One of the basic principles of behavior therapy is that the interventional technique has to be persistent. The instruction to be given by parents, the application of incentive or punishment based techniques need to happen repeatedly to have a persistent effect on the child. But it is always important to consult a specialist/psychiatrist if you observe that your child’s maladaptive behavior is not changing in spite of your efforts.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
For human beings, the body is considered the temple, one that they strive to keep fit and in shape. In fact, the plethora of ailments, which people complain of suffering from, almost always deal with their physical health. In this over engagement to restore the physical health, the well being of the mental health is never considered. However truth remains that the health of the mind is equally if not more important and must be given its share of priority. With the growing age and times, depression has emerged as a gnawing problem, one that is plaguing individuals indiscriminately and one that must be eradicated as soon as possible.
Some of the ways to combat this fatal ailment are:
- Exercises: Everyday a bit of exercise not only keeps the body fit and healthy, but also goes a long way in easing and calming the mind. You need not indulge in strenuous exercises, but must make it a conscientious habit to work out a bit daily.
- Talk to people: Though depression makes one inexorably quiet and silent, the first thing that is prescribed as a remedial measure is talk to people. Engaging in conversations with people, telling them what exactly is troubling you are proven ways to combat depression.
- Meditate: There is no better way to treat mental ailment than meditating. When you suffer from depression, your body undergoes severe conflict. Meditating not only calms the mind, but also soothes away the worries.
- Develop a support system: Depression is almost always followed by an unfathomable sense of loneliness. Talking to others does help, but at the same time try to develop a support system. Find an individual, be it parents, relatives or friends and confide in him or her. Not sharing what you are going through is never a solution and only exacerbates the fatality of the situation.
- Change the daily routine: Monotony is never exciting and it is only time, before the humdrum of life gets to you. Changing the daily routine and incorporating something new and exciting go a long way in recuperating you from the mental dullness and fatigue. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!