Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Internal Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Bagalkot. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashantha S Teggi
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Liver Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashantha S TeggiYour feedback matters!
I feel insomnia from some days. What is the solution of it? I am too afraid of it? What is its solution. I am 20 years old men.
Constipation is a very common problem among toddlers and children. It takes place when the child's stool is dry, hard and unusually large, and the frequency of bowel movement is low and inconsistent. Although it is not a serious cause for concern, constipation in children should be recognised and treated early so that it does not develop into a chronic long-term ailment.
Constipation in children is seldom directly caused by any disease or medical disorder, which is known as idiopathic constipation and may be cause by a number of factors:
1. Diet: This is the primary cause of constipation in children. If the child's diet has low water and fibre content and heavily features sugar and processed foods, stool becomes hard and bowel movement gets restricted.
2. Deliberate Withholding: Often children may consciously avoid visiting the toilet, which may make them feel constipated. This may be due to embarrassment, especially in public spaces or they might be too engaged in playing to not go to the toilet, altogether. Some children do it out of fear when a previous toilet experience has been particularly painful.
3. Lack of Physical Activity: The digestive system is boosted through regular exercise. Lack of physical activity, thus, inhibits regular bowel movement.
4. Illness and Medication: Infections and illnesses, especially ones pertaining to the stomach cause the child to become constipated. Many medicines and supplements also affect the digestive system and can lead to constipation.
What are the ways to manage constipation in children?
Constipation in children is treated differently than in adults as their diets and patterns of bowel movement are dissimilar.
The primary treatments for constipation in children are:
1. Stool Softeners and Laxatives
The administration of bowel movement enhancing medication is the simplest way of treating constipation in children. There are various kinds of stool softeners and laxatives that are safe for children and must always be used under the supervision of a paediatrician.
2. Dietary Adjustment
Making changes to the child's diet by including high fibre foods (such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, cereals, etc.) can help cure constipation. Compelling the child to intake ample fluids in the form of water or milk is also necessary. Sugary drinks must be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
Sir, my son 9 years old suffering from cough and cold due change in seasons and also when eat/drink cold things like ice cream or cold drinks or when he takes bath from cold water. This problem is from 5 years old. What can I do. Please help me.
beard hair growth oil, can we use this oil is it suit for all type of skins I saw this in filipkart shop it's really works or not? Any side affects.
Sir my mom is suffering in a diabetes .she is checked the report and before fast 197 and after fast 307 .what should I do for some controlling. Please regard me.
Hi doctor is smoking causes weight loss and pimples on face? I am 19 years student I am too slim and pimples on my face. I smoke a pack of cigarettes per day. Any advices to get gain weight and get rid of pimples on my face.
स्वस्थस्य स्वास्थय रक्षणं - Vision Health First
Our ancient Ayurveda Science and Sages have been always given 1st preference to maintenance of health. In present era WHO (World Health Organization) and the world has accepted the vision of Ayurveda “स्वस्थस्य स्वास्थय रक्षणं”-i. e. who are healthy should maintain their health, secondary who are sick treat them. In Ayurveda Science different varieties of Food (Annapan-अन्नपान), Medicines (Aushadha-औषध) and Procedures (Prakriya-प्रक्रिया) are mentioned to maintain healthy status of life and for long life span.
Oja(ओज)-Bal(बल)-Immunity and Ayurveda
Thousands of years ago the Ayurveda Science gave deep knowledge of Rog Pratikar Shakti (Immunity) and explained it in detail. During elaborating Ojas(ओजस) महर्षि चरक has explained 3 different types of Rog Pratikar Shakti
Immunity Power which are as per below.
- Vyadhikshamatwa(व्याधिक्षमत्व) - शारीरिक सहनशीलता
- Vyadhipratibandhakatvak (व्याधीप्रतीबन्धकत्वक) - शारीरिक रोगप्रतिकारक शक्ति
- Vyadhibal virodhitva(व्याधिबल विरोधित्व) - विशेष प्रकारकी परिस्थिति के सामने विशेष बल जिससे रोग के सामने लडा जासके
Child Immunization and Ayurveda
In the present era, we are providing different-different vaccines for different diseases, but Ayurveda Science deals with the complete immune system development through single औषधी योग (Vaccine) which can help your child to fight against all diseases as well promotes growth rate too. That procedure is known as Shuvarnprashan – Jaatkarma Sanskar (सुवर्ण प्राशन – जातकर्म संस्कार)
Jatakarma Samskara (newborn care) is told as a purification procedure, in which soon after cutting the umbilical cord the baby is made to lick the mixture of gold, honey, and ghee by chanting Mantra (spiritual hymns)
In Jatakarma Samskara
Acharya Sushruta cites the administration of Swarna along with honey and ghee in one among the procedures of Jatakarma Samskara that is, as a single dose at the time of birth in the procedure of new born care. He provided the rationale behind this practice that there will be no adequate secretion of breast milk for the first 4 days after delivery and so as to support the baby with respect to preventive and nutritive aspect, such practices are indispensable. Acharya Vagbhata advises to give a combination of herbal drugs in a specific shaped spoon as that of the leaf of holy banyan tree, made up of gold to the newborn for increasing Medha (intellect). Administration of Swarna along with other herbs is also mentioned by Acharya Vagbhata in Jatakarma Samskara.
Benefits of Shuvarnprashan
- No neurological side effects
- Increases immunity
- Increases intelligence
- Prevents common recurrent infections, asthma and other allergic conditions
- Improves memory, attention span, concentration & learning ability
- Reduces temper tantrums, attention deficits, bed-wetting & other neuro-psychosomatic problems.
- Improves speech, hearing & visual acuity
- Helps to maintain health in children
- Improves your metabolic and digestive capabilities (अग्नि वर्धक)
- It improves your physical strength (बल वर्धक)
- It helps in eliminating harmful planetary effects (ग्रहापहं)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.