Doctor in Balaji Clinic
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Balaji ClinicYour feedback matters!
Yes, you heard that right. There is no need for you to panic if you are suffering from any sexual problem. No matter which sexual issues is haunting your life, the good news is that treatment is very much possible. Just make sure that you tell sexologist everything. Do not keep things to yourself. Share your concerns and problems. This will help sexologist in prescribing the best available treatment. You can easily find out about sexologists by simply running an online search. Book appointment with an experienced and expert Sexologist in Delhi who can help you improve your sexual life by commencing the right and effective treatment.
The causes of Sexual problems vary from one person to the other. However, as observed in most of the reason, it is the lifestyle which affects sexual activity. sexologist doctor suggests that delay in starting the treatment for sexual problems can add to the problems. Work stress, odd working hours, poor eating habits and equally poor lifestyle not only affects your health but also sexual life. If you think that all these factors have started taking a toll on your otherwise great sex life then seeking the advice of sexologist is important. Delay in the consultation can make things worse for you and partner.
It is very important for you to understand that the times you are living in are completely different, and breaking the shackles of stigma related to sexual well-being is essential for all and sundry. Many Sexual problems can make your life difficult. Gone are the times when discussing sexual problems were considered a taboo. Things have changed drastically. As a matter of fact, people today prefer consulting sexologist Doctor if they are facing any kind of issues in their sexual life. If you are looking for Sexologist then there is no dearth of options available. Just put in efforts to choose the best for you.
Erectile dysfunction is one of the most common problems which a man faces. It is a condition in which a man fails to keep his sex organ erect for a long time. Having a healthy penis is extremely important if a man wants his partner to enjoy to the fullest. As a matter of fact, men who are serious about sexual pleasure and satisfaction of their partner often worry about this condition a lot. In fact, it has been observed that there are several psychological problems too which occur because of erectile dysfunction. Also, it has been observed that those who suffer from this problem do not prefer interacting with society. If you are also suffering from this condition then consulting the Sexologist can be the best way to get rid of the problem.
According to one of the recent studies, it has been found that previously this problem was noticed in men above 50 years of age. However, things have changed now. And, today it has been found in men as young as twenty. Although the reasons for it are many, however common reasons are a poor lifestyle, drinking, smoking, stress, drug abuse and long working hours. Fortunately, those who are going through this problem can now get in touch with the sexologist as there are several treatment options available for the condition. In most of these cases, these treatments have helped people in overcoming this problem.
Usually, Sexologist runs a comprehensive medical examination before suggesting the treatment. On the basis of the results of the examination conducted that the sexologist will prescribe or initiate the treatment. Delaying initiating the treatment might affect your married life too. So, if you are suffering from the problem of erectile dysfunction then get started now and choose the right Sexologist for the treatment.
About Normal Sleep
An average person spends about one-third of his life sleeping. Normally people (adults) require about 6-9 hours of sound sleep to function well but some people can do very well even with 4-5 hours of sleep. It must be understood that the quantity of sleep is not the prime requirement. It is the quality of 'restfulness' that is more important.
Infants require much more sleep as compared to adults and they can sleep for up to 18 hours a day (average between 16- 20 hours). By the time they are 3-6 months old, they require about 15 hours of sleep. Children older than this require about 10-13 hours of sleep daily. Pre-teens and teenagers require anywhere between 9-10 hours of sleep.
As age advances above 50 years, the sleep duration reduces to about 5 to 6 hours at night.
Normal sleep is of two types:
Slow-wave (non-REM) sleep
Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep
Slow-wave (non-REM) sleep:
Non-REM sleep lasts about 70-90 minutes. It has four stages as follows:
- Transitional stage (lasting about 1-7 minutes)
- Light sleep
- Moderately deep sleep (about 20 min after falling asleep)
- Deep sleep
Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep:
This is a very important stage of sleep
- It usually occurs within 50-90 minutes of falling asleep
- Initially lasts 5-10 minutes; gradually this stage lengthens until the final REM period lasts 50 minutes
- Most dreaming occurs during this phase of sleep
- The eyeballs of a sleeping person will make rapid side-to-side movements under the lids during REM sleep
- The muscles of the body are very relaxed during this phase of sleep
- REM sleep is particularly useful for growth and repair of the brain itself, while the non-REM sleep is useful for repair of the rest of the body
Normal Sleep Pattern:
REM sleep and non-REM sleep alternate with each other during the normal sleep pattern. The cycle has been illustrated below:
This entire cycle repeats itself about 3-5 times during the entire night. Each cycle lasts for about 90 minutes. About 50% of an infant's sleep is constituted by REM sleep and about 20% of an adult's sleep is constituted by REM sleep.
Why is sleep important?
Having enough quality sleep is vital to the emotional and physical well being of a person and hence all the importance given to sleep is justified.
Sleep patterns:Sleep patterns may vary from person to person. Some people are comfortable going to sleep early and waking up early. Others may be late sleepers and used to pushing off late from the bed in morning. Then there are also some kinds of people who may be used to taking regular naps during the daytime whereas others may not feel the need for this at all.
bright lights, and trouble seeing at night.
Many difficulties in achieving an erection can occur naturally in any man. Sometimes it can be a result of fatigue, the consumption of alcohol or other concreteness, or by some discomfort of the place where you intend to perform the sexual act. Detecting and attending to these elements early can help to prevent the triggering of erectile dysfunction.
In general words, it refers to the sustained inability to maintain or achieve an erection firm enough, which makes it possible to perform sexually activates satisfactorily. It is very important to be able to differentiate the loss of the erection in a punctual way, from the consistent and maintained inability to obtain it, in which case it could be a possible erectile dysfunction.
Erectile Dysfunction is a common sexual problem in men that significantly affects the quality of life of men facing this problem. Its prevalence varies considerably according to its definition, but it is known that it ranges between 10 and 54%, especially in men between 30 and 70 years old. With an incidence of 40 new cases per 1,000 inhabitants per year.
If you doubt that you may have this problem, it is important that you seek Erectile Dysfunction treatment. The sooner it is approached, the easier it will be to be able to solve it. Both the communication and the support of the couple is important, as well as being able to count on the resource of psychotherapy, which are fundamental supports that will allow us to get ahead.
Tobacco cessation [stopping smoking and tobacco chewing] represents the single most important step that a person can take to enhance the length and quality of their lives.
It's hard to quit tobacco, but you can do it.
Stopping the use of tobacco products can be challenging because of tobacco's addictive qualities.
Most people are aware of the numerous health risks that arise from tobacco chewing and cigarette smoking and yet" tobacco use continues to be the leading cause of preventable death and disease" in our country.
To have the best chance of quitting tobacco and staying quit, you need to know what you're up against, what your options are, and where to go for help.
One of the most common reasons of erectile dysfunction is obesity, which might sink your intimate life to a great extent. It is really crucial that you are in control of your weight and regain your libido.
One of the most common chronic conditions that men face is that of erectile dysfunction (ED). Statistically, over 18 million men above the age of 20 experience it to some degree. It is an inability to achieve or maintain erection required for desired sexual activity.
Though there might be various reasons for it, there is a consistent connection between obesity and sexual dysfunction. It has been found that obese men are prone to ED 2.5 times more than those of normal weight. These symptoms of ED and various other health issues can be observed if you are just 30 pounds overweight!
- Obesity causes atherosclerosis, which is a cardiovascular condition. In this condition, cholesterol is deposited on the walls of blood vessels, thus restraining blood flow to the organs in the body including the penis.
- The testosterone level in obese men is low. Due to absence of this sexually-stimulating hormone, there is an inability to achieve erections as testosterone is needed to increase the level of nitric oxide in penile tissue, which acts as a blood vessel dilator.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction is considered as the first sign of a weak heart in men who are overweight.
- Men might experience a low libido, because of the reduced testosterone levels.
- They might experience a depressed mood and lowering in their levels of energy.
- They might experience a diminished sense of vitality.
It’s really crucial to shed that extra weight if you want to regain your sex life. It has been found by researchers at the Center for Obesity Management in Naples, Italy that one third of obese men have improved sexual activity after they lost weight.
- Lose weight. Check on how much you eat in a day. Aim at losing 1 to 2 pounds a week, which equals to losing around 500 to 1000 calories in a day.
- Look out for what you eat in a day. Avoid chips and dips, and become friends with greens and other raw vegetables as your snack. Stop eating the processed and red meats; replace them with fish instead. Switch to whole grains.
- Physical activity is the most important aspect when it comes to losing weight. Implement a successful weight-loss strategy. Take out some time by skipping a few episodes of your TV show, get up from the couch, and get active for around 30-45 minutes in a day. Repeat this 3-5 times in a week.
- Lastly, maintain these habits until you don’t shed those extra pounds that are a hindrance to your sex life.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos helps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari is advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
While some diseases and medical conditions affect people all over the world, there are some that are prevalent only amongst a certain cultural group or region. Dhat roga or Dhat syndrome is one such culturally bound syndrome that affects men in the Indian subcontinent region including India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal. In some cases, it may also affect the women of this region.
The word ‘Dhat’ originates from the Sanskrit word ‘Dhatu’ meaning ‘elixir of the body’. The condition was first described in 1960 by Dr Narendra Wig as a condition marked by psychosomatic symptoms such as fatigue, anxiety and sexual dysfunction caused by the passing of a whitish fluid or whitish particles that are believed to be semen in the urine. Other symptoms that person with this condition might express include weakness, lack of appetite, poor concentration and guilt.
How dhat is different from sperm leakage and premature ejaculation?
Dhat is the name given to the collective symptoms, such as sexual, psychological, and physical related to the passing of a whitish fluid, believed to be semen in urine. This is usually followed by psychological distress and anxiety due to semen-loss in patients. The word ‘dhat’ is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘dhatu’ which means ‘metal’ and/or ‘elixir’. Whereas, sperm leakage is a sexual dysfunction which happens due to weak parasympathetic nerves. What happens here is that seminal fluid oozes out of a flaccid penis.
This is said to happen due to over masturbation. Dhat, on the other hand, is passing of seminal fluid in urine. And, premature ejaculation is something that happens at the time of coitus. In this, the male is unable to sustain an erection long enough for penetration and ‘comes’ prematurely. In this condition, penetrative sex doesn’t happen or happens for too short a period of time to satisfy the partner.
In the dhat syndrome, males usually believe that they have premature ejaculation and suffer from impotence apart from just leaking the white seminal fluid during urination. This loss frightens them into developing a sense of depression as the fear of semen loss is very strong in the subcontinent. Young men from a rural background or of a lower socioeconomic status typically complain of this syndrome. It may be further categorised under three heads:
- Only Dhat: In this case, the patients present with hypochondriacally oriented symptoms attributed to the loss of semen
- Dhat accompanied by anxiety or depression: In this case depression or anxiety is the core condition that may be accompanied by Dhat
- Dhat accompanied by sexual dysfunction: In such cases, the patient may complain of erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation or other psychosexual dysfunction conditions such as depressive neurosis, somatoform/ hypochondriasis or anxiety neurosis.
- Fatigue and listlessness
- Appetite loss
- Lack of physical strength
- Poor concentration and forgetfulness
- Sexual dysfunction
There are a number of misconceptions about dhat. Most patients think that the semen loss during urination will make them impotent or someway weaker sexually. This anxiety can be traced back thousands of years to certain Ayurvedic treatises in which the loss of a single drop of semen, the most precious body fluid, was enough to weaken the whole body. This cultural belief leads to a lot of stigma, guilt and depression related to dhat.
The morbid hypochondriacal fear that is associated with dhat syndrome is also stuff that myths are made of. Patients believe that dhat will irreversibly harm their bodies and they will be unable to produce male offspring, and that dhat will cause a death of offspring at an early age, lead to the birth of a malformed fetus; or cause anaemia, leprosy, tuberculosis, permanent impotency, and shrinking of the penis.
Factors apart from reproductive health which results in Dhat roga
- Nerves are responsible for keeping the semen locked in during a normal state in men. When nerves get weak, semen is discharged during urination or while doing normal activities in the form of a white discharge, called dhat.
- This problem further strains other organs like liver and a poorly functioning liver increases weakness related to muscles and also reduces energy levels, fat metabolism, and contaminates blood.
- Prostatitis, a disease of the prostate gland which secretes seminal fluids can also aggravate dhat.
- A weak digestive system, prone to constipation and piles also causes dhat. This is seen as a white discharge while defecation.
Modern science has not been able to understand an organic evolution of this condition and hence has no form of medication to treat it. Hence, it is often considered a neurotic condition. According to Ayurveda, apart from excessive masturbation and a weak reproductive health, conditions such as weak digestion, constipation and prostatitis can also trigger the symptoms of Dhat roga.
Ayurveda believes that the body always functions as a complete entity and hence no condition can be isolated and treated. Hence when treating diseases, it approaches it through changes in the person’s diet, exercise and lifestyle, mental health and overall physical health. In the case of treatment for Dhat roga, it is important for the doctor to first correct the patient’s erroneous beliefs and listen to the person before medicating him.
Tips and treatments in Ayurveda:
Ayurveda postulates leading a controlled sexual life to counteract dhat.
- Charaka samhita postulates that semen is all pervasive within the body like "oil in the sesamic seed" and suggests one ejaculation per week in summer and 168 total yearly ejaculations as the optimal sexual frequency for males.
- Over-indulgence in sex and especially masturbation can cause an imbalance in the dhatus with a resultant physical illness called dhat.
- Use herbs which enhance energy and performance of the reproductive system. These herbs will remove debility and weakness and will elevate levels of testosterone hormone in the body to rejuvenate and re-energize the reproductive system.
- These pills also contain herbs which strengthen, repair and stimulate nerves and maintain an optimum supply of energy throughout the day to prevent semen discharge with urine.
- Shilajit is a herb that is known for enhancing sexual potency. Shilajit capsules come loaded with herbs which supplement minerals and nutrients in a bio-available form to remove deficiencies improving the functioning of organs and muscles to counteract fatigue.
Regular counselling is often advocated in such cases along with anti-anxiety and anti-depression medication. Medication may also be prescribed to keep semen from leaking into the urine. The patient is also taught to relax so as to ensure the smooth functioning of the genitourinary system.
People’s inability to use their voices in an effective manner has the potential to create a major impact on careers, personal relationships and also on the overall quality of their lives. Some might opine that voice therapy is totally reserved for actors, singers, and broadcasters, as their careers are made through the voices but the reality is that almost everyone can garner the benefits out of voice therapy.
The speech therapists, better known as speech-language pathologists, who specialize in voice therapy, get involved in the diagnosis, assessment, planning and finally treating the patients suffering from voice disorders. These kinds of healthcare providers are trained to evaluate the usage of voice and vocal function to understand the causes behind the loss of voice and the best methods of treatment, which patients could undergo for improving their voices
Before looking into how exactly speech therapy can help in treating voice disorders, let us first understand what exactly voice disorders are, the manner in which they develop, their symptoms and causes:
Voice disorders deal with a variety of problems related to voice, which occur as a result of a wide range of causes.
Numerous circumstances can result in the loss of voice quality or complete voice loss. The causes which lead to voice disorders include:
If you frequently scream or raise the voice.
Side effects of medicines.
Infections caused due to bacteria.
Signs and Symptoms
Symptoms range from a persistent feeling as if something is stuck on the throat, to a feeling of strain on the neck and throat, leading to scratch voice.
People whose careers are dependent on voices like singers, motivational speakers and broadcasters, voice therapy might be used as a preventive measure.
Role of Speech Language Pathologist in Voice Therapy
The therapy consists of assessment and the implementation of two techniques, voice therapy and voice hygiene.
A speech-language pathologist would look at various factors while making an assessment like:
Health conditions or medications, which might affect the voice.
Full case history
Patient’s self-assessment of the problem.
Conducting an oral-peripheral examination
After completion of the assessment, speech-language pathologists can diagnose a voice disorder, provide a clear description and assess the severity of their disorder, recommend interventions, look into appropriate treatments and if needed can refer to other professionals.
A speech-language therapist would encourage patients to make necessary changes in their lifestyles and maintain a healthy regime to make sure that he or she can maintain a healthy voice. This includes:
Period of rest to the vocal cord.
Complete avoidance of screaming or shouting.
Avoid clearing out throat.
Limited use of air conditioners during summer
This voice therapy involves changing up the biomechanics of voice production. Voice therapy’s goal is to bring improvements in vocal function and quality and carry out exercises aimed at achieving strength in the vocal cord.
Some of the voice therapy techniques include:
Physiologic Voice Therapy
Symptomatic Voice Therapy