Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Deevya Ayurveda And Panchkarma CenterYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I consulted the doctor for my mother regarding her stomach pain. She helped to solve her.Thanks to.her knowledge as this pain.was hurting her from.many years.
My 6 years old daughter was anaemic.No medicine was working But Dr. Jaskirat diagnosed the real issue and treated my daughter. Thanks Dr. MAy god bless you
I consulted for my mom and she helped to improve her condition. She is feeling very better after the ayurvedic treatment. Thanks to the Dr
She was suffering with backpain and legpain. The doctor suggested her few tips along with diet and she has recoverd alot from the pains..
a very nice and intelligent doctor. She treated my BP problem of 20 years with her magical Ayurvedic medicine in 6 months.
Summer often brings in a host of problems, the scorching heat can sometimes burn and tan your skin. The humidity can cause you to sweat, making your skin accumulate grime, dirt and increase your chances of getting skin infections. Avoiding the sun by staying indoors or using an umbrella is a good option, but not always a practical possibility. According to ayurveda, summer is the season when the sun is strong and increases heat in the body, which is one of the main causative factors of skin problems. So you not only need to beat the outside heat, but find a way to keep your body cool from the inside heat too. Some of the common problems in summer include sunburn, redness, irritation, rashes and acne outbreaks. Here are some ways ayurveda can help:
Start by knowing your skin type in ayurveda:
- Vata skin: this is characterized by dry, thin, delicate skin that is cool to touch and easily gets dehydrated. It can be flaky and has a tendency to age faster.
- Pita skin: this is characterized by skin that is fair, sensitive, soft and warm. It is prone to freckles and moles and can break into rashes, acne or sunspots when out of balance.
- Kapha skin: it tends to have all the qualities of water and earth - it can be oily, thick, pale, soft, cool and more tolerant of the sun. On the flip side, people with kapha skin may have dull complexion, excessive oil, pimples and suffer from water retention.
- Combination types: can include vata-pitta (both dry and sensitive) kapha-pitta (oily and sensitive) and vata-kapha (dry with some oily zones).
Ayurveda tips you must follow:
- Go for aloe vera sun screen: If you can't avoid the sun, then the next best thing to do is protect yourself. According to ayurveda, increased exposure to hot, sharp and penetrating rays of the sun causes pitta dosha and prolonged exposure also leads to increase in vata, which causes drying of skin. To prevent this, buy a good quality aloe vera sunscreen.
- Try herbal tea for hydration: During summer, it goes without saying that you need to stay hydrated throughout the day with a good 8 glasses of water. But other than that, you can up your intake of warm liquids like herbal tea made of ginger and lemon which will keep you digestion healthy and skin glowing. A number of flavored herbal teas are available in the market too. From peach to hibiscus, each flavor offers a good set of benefits.
- Try herbal deep oil massage: Time to take your skin's hydration to the next level. An oil massage is the best remedy for dry skin. Apricot oil applied 2-3 times a week at night can make your skin smooth and supple. Turn on the" heat" by asking your partner to give you a full oil massage which can improve blood circulation, lymph drainage and your romantic life for sure.
Hi, sir. My self Jyothi, I have PCOS and size is 12 mm. Is it necessary for consulting a doctor? I was doing daily exercise.
I have pcod from 10 years. I have symptoms like unwanted hair growth hair fall irregular periods. Sometimes heavy flow.
Hi Doctor, Good evening. This is Sunitha 24 years old. I am working in TechMahindra from 2013. I have PCOD from my college. When I consulted a doctor she suggested me to use KRIMSON 35 for 9 months. When I used I got periods normally and if I do not use it will be irregular. My weight is 60 now. My mother suggested me not to get periods with medicines but with natural. So I consulted homeopathic doctor and I'm under medication of homoeopathy from January. Please suggest me or help me how can I get my periods normally without using medicine. Awaiting your response. Regards Sunitha.
I have pcod which leads to irregular menstrual cycle. My weight is 80 I'm trying to loose weight but I get very tired after workouts. I want to lose weight to be healthy but I don't want to take medicines.
I have pcod problem, Stomach pain and irregular periods and also weight gain with in 1 year 7 kgs. What should i do?
As the new year begins, the one fruit which is available in abundance are grapes. The black/purple and the green variety, seeded and seedless, are all over the place. Given the weather slowly changing from winter, they seem like the best thing to beat the summer heat. And yes, they are. Not just for overall health, they are also great for the skin and hair. Read on to know more.
Benefits of grapes for skin:
- When the sunscreen lotion does not help much and sunburn happens, the one of the best home remedies is to apply mashed grapes for about 30 minutes. The grapes are rich in antioxidants (proanthocyanidins and resveratrol). They reduce the damage caused by ultraviolet radiation and also reduces cell damage caused by excessive skin exposure.
- Rubbing the grape pulp on the face for about 20 minutes can help reverse and control antiaging better than any chemical treatment. It reduces the effect of free radicals which lead to fine wrinkles and dark spots.
- Grapes are also rich in vitamins c and e which helps in making the skin supple and improves skin tone and reduces scars.
Benefits for hair:
- If hair loss scares you, apply a paste of seeded grapes. The linoleic acid and grape seed oil can add strength and prevent hair fall.
- Grapes can also be mixed with fenugreek and chickpeas for use on hair to improve life and lustre of the hair and add volume.
- The vitamin e and antioxidants also help improve scalp blood circulation, fight dandruff, reduce itchiness, and improved hair health.
Benefits on overall health:
- Relieves headache: The various antioxidants in the grapes help in relieving the headache almost instantaneously. Eat them up or drink if you have a headache, even migraines.
- Improves digestion: They improve digestion and reduce digestive problems, thereby curing indigestion. They also are shown to help in controlling colon cancer.
- Good in diabetes: Diabetic patients need not be worried about the sweet grapes. The pterostilbene in them helps lower sugar levels, and in the long run, it can also prevent the onset of diabetes.
- Cholesterol control: The polyphenols help in controlling heart disease by reducing plaque formation.
- Eye health: The reduced oxidation process and controlled inflammatory process helps in improving eye health, especially in the retina, which is full of proteins.
- Potassium in plenty: 100 g of grapes contains about 200 mg of potassium, which is a treasure. It improves blood pressure (by countering sodium), and also controls cholesterol and reduces salt intake.
- Brain health: The antioxidants like revasterol help in improving blood flow and helps in controlling alzheimer’s and improving memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a herbal expert.
I am 21 year old and too much sad because of hair fall. Every day I lost alott of my hair even I am fit.
Mint, scientifically known as ‘mentha’, is a herb with small green leaves and a characteristic strong odour. It is also a virtual cure-all plant. Try using mint by adding it to your meals, oral care and skin care regimen to remain healthy and fresh forever. A few prominent mint health benefits include the following:
Digestion aid: Try mint leaves if you are not feeling hungry. It is a great appetizer as well as a promoter of digestion. It soothes your stomach when you’re suffering from inflammation or indigestion. So, next time you have a stomach upset, go for mint tea or mint oil. Mint’s characteristic aroma acts as an appetizer. It stimulates the salivary glands and other digestive glands to produce saliva and digestive juices, thereby facilitating digestion.
Nausea and headache: Mint leaves, especially freshly crushed leaves, help staunch nausea and headache, thanks to the strong and refreshing aroma. Menthol oil or mint-flavoured products are very useful for alleviating nausea. Similarly, balms with a mint base or mint oil can be rubbed on your forehead and nose to give quick relief from headache. Mint tea oil derived from mint is also very effective in treating nausea and motion sickness while travelling.
Respiratory disorders: The strong minty aroma is very effective in clearing up congestion of the nose, throat, bronchi and lungs. This makes mint a very effective remedy for asthma and common cold. The herb is also a good remedy for cough. This is because mint has a cooling and soothing effect on the throat, nose and other respiratory channels, and this helps relieve the irritation, which causes chronic coughing. Regular use of mint in any form is very beneficial for asthma patients as well, because it is a good relaxant and it relieves congestion that blocks respiratory channels, causing symptoms of asthma.
Depression and fatigue reliever: As mint is a natural stimulant, it can help relieve fatigue and feelings of sadness. Mint essential oil is very good if you are feeling anxious, sad, depressed, low or just plain sluggish. Mint oil can be ingested, applied as a salve topically, or inhaled as a vapour to help with fatigue and depression.
Oral health: Mint has germicidal qualities and can quickly freshen up your breath. It also gets eradicates harmful oral bacteria inside your mouth, alleviating oral health. The mint leaves can be rubbed directly on your tongue, teeth and gums to clean and refresh your mouth. You can also get the benefits of mint by simply chewing on its leaves.
Skin health: Since mint oil is a good antiseptic and anti-pruritic, it acts as an excellent skin cleanser. It is used to clear pimples as well as soothe and cure skin from infections.
Mint’s anti-pruritic properties can be used for treating insect bites, mosquito bites, stings by honeybees etc. With its cooling property, mint will relieve you of the irritation of stings and bring the swelling down. Also, women can use mint oil to relieve cracks and pain in nipples which occur during breastfeeding.
For a mother, the first few months after delivery are crucial since the uterus after expanding due to delivery, shrinks back to its normal size. Moreover the tendons, ligaments and muscles connected to the uterus begin to regain the power and strength lost during labor. A lot of emphasis is put on postnatal care in ayurveda.
Ayurveda suggested diet tips:
According to your digestive system, you must take sesame oil i.e. Til oil and ghee clarified butter after mixing it with panchkola. Once this mixture has been digested, you must consume rice gruel and milk that is medicated with vidharigandhadi gana or panchkola. Apart from these, you must consume jaggery water for about a week. After a week, you must eat foods that are easily digestible to help you regain your strength.
Do's and don'ts:
1. Do massage yourself with vatahara oil
2. Do bathe with warm water
3. Do keep your perineum and breasts clean
4. Do urinate every 5 hours
5. Do breastfeed properly
6. Don't consume food irregularly
7. Don't have stale or cold food
8. Don't retain urine or feces
9. Don't indulge in sex or exercise
Ayurvedic medicines and herbs:
All the medicines and herbs mentioned below are never advised together. An ayurvedic specialist will usually give you a combination of a few medicines depending on your symptoms and condition.
1. Dashamoolarishtam: dashamoolarishtam is extremely effective in boosting your immunity and keeping infections at bay. It is usually prescribed for the first few months as it also helps reduce inflammation and pain.
2. Jeerakarishtam: jeerakarishtam is well known for inducing normal lactation, and is usually prescribed to mothers during the monsoon or winter seasons. This is because it keeps the body warm owing to its hot nature.
3. Shatavari gulam: improve lactation and achieve overall hormonal balance by consuming shatavari gulam.
4. Pulileham: pulileham is administered to new mothers from the third week onwards for about a month and half.
5. Shatavari: shatavari herb is mixed with boiling milk to improve the production of breast milk and avoid post partum depression. It is also useful for normal involution of the uterus.
6. Musta: apart from improving breast milk production, musta herbs also relieves clogs in milk ducts and inflammation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult our ayurvedic specialist.
Ayurveda is a form of medicine that has been practiced for thousands of years and has many effective cure for some of the most complex diseases. Cancer, in this day and age, is one such complex disease and its incidence is increasing rapidly. It is always recommended to consult a ayurveda specialist for severe cancer. Some of the common ingredients for treatment of uterine cancer through ayurveda are mentioned here.
Turmeric: Already a staple spice in many indian dishes, turmeric as a herb in raw form and as a spice in powdered form, is touted the new wonder herb all across the world. It has been used as a traditional healing herb in india since ages. It has also been seen to be a very effective anti-inflammatory agent and thus it is very effective in stopping the growth of cancer cells.
Green tea from the camellia sinensis plant: green tea has been known to be effective in treating multiple types of cancer, aid in weight loss and also facilitate detoxification. Regular consumption of green tea from the camellia sinensis plant is known to fight the growth of cancer cells within the body; thus is a very effective in treating uterine cancer as well.
Ashwagandha: this herb is not only used in ayurveda, but has also been adopted by homeopathy as conventional medicine to make extracts. Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, which means it can adapt to the requirements of the body and then make the changes to provide support to the necessary areas. It is also very good at preventing the growth of cancer cells.
Garlic: This spice is known to be good for multiple forms of cancer as it contains allicin, which is being hailed as one of the best fighters of inflammatory diseases. It also contains other types of phytochemicals and thus helps in detoxifying the body. It is very effective in fighting cancer cells and can arrest the growth of cancer within the body.
Ginger: Ginger is extremely effective in the treatment of many ailments, if consumed regularly in controlled amounts. It has been known to be very effective in the treatment of colon cancer. Due to its properties, it is also known to be effective in the prevention of uterine and many other forms of cancer.
Ayurveda, an enigmatic yet enthralling science offers numerous treatment methods for uterine cancer. Here are a few:
Matra basti: Matra basti is a special treatment in traditional ayurveda for chronic constipation, low back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, obesity, and various neurological disorders like multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, dystrophy and atrophy of nerves and muscle. In this treatment, certain herbal oils and herbal extracts are applied through the rectum on a daily basis. Matra vasti has a lubricating, balancing, nourishing, strengthening and pacifying effect. It also works as rejuvenator, immune-modulator and nutrient and subdues elevated vata dosha. The treatment lasts for a period of 3 to 7 days.
Pichu dharanam for soothing at advance stages of uterine cancer: it is a special treatment modality in ayurveda where sterile medicated cotton swab is kept inside the vagina for a specific period of time. This comes under local treatment modalities specific to gynaecological diseases in females and is also done in ante natal care. Pichu means cotton ball. Yoni pichu is the application of a sterile cotton swab soaked in medicated oil or ghee in the vagina.
Abhyangam: Abhyangam is a form of ayurvedic medicine that involves massage of the body with large amounts of warm oil. It s a complete body massage and really effective. The abhyangam massage therapy is very beneficial and prevents degeneration and ceases the aging process. This therapy needs more positions to massage and comparing to other massage therapy, abhyangam is very special. It usually involves oils prepared with specialized ayurvedic herbs and essential oils for lymph drainage, detox, and relaxation. It has seven positions and it treats the whole body. It assures new healthy physical changes.
Nasyam: Nasyam or errhine therapy is an ayurvedic treatment excellent remedy for chronic sinusuitis, headache, throat diseases, epilepsy, catarrh, migraine, voice constraint, eye diseases and cervical spondylitis. In ayurveda, the application of medical oils or powders through the nostrils is called nasya. It is said in classical texts that the nostrils are the doorway to the brain. Nasya is an important method of treatment for illnesses of the cranial region. Nasya treatment - the forehead and neck regions of the patient are gently massaged with a suitable oil to induce sweating. Thereafter the patient is made to lie down on his back with his head bent slightly back. Warm oil is then dripped into both nostrils which the patient draws in.
You may lose 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet the thinning of your scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous new hair growth filling up the bald spots. But hair loss occurs if this cycle of shedding and growth gets distorted. Stress and an unhealthy lifestyle take a toll on your hair as well.
- The following is a list of the types of hair loss that are caused due to high levels of stress:
- The body secretes hormones such as non-adrenaline or Norepinephrine and cortisol in response to stress. These hormones force a large number of hair follicles into a static phase, hindering new hair growth. As a consequence, simple activities such as combing or rinsing the hair might cause hair fall in large strands which do not get replaced by new hair again. This abnormality is known as ‘Telogen effluvium’.
- Trichotillomania is a condition characterized by one pulling out his/her own strands of hair forcefully; most often triggered by negative thoughts or other psychological disorders such as depression or excessive frustration, boredom, stress or tension.
- Alopecia areata is a condition caused by severe stress wherein the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles, resulting in hair loss.
- Other lifestyle-related factors can also have an adverse impact on the hair growth. Let us see how:
- Excessive hair styling or hair treatments with hot oil actually swell up the hair follicles. Chemical therapies, dyes, flat irons, blow dryers or bad brushes as well as a range of hair dressing techniques such as hair extension, application of coloring agents, gels and hair sprays further affect the individual strands of hair.
- A junk food diet rich in salt, sugar and saturated fats but less in essential nutrient content can tremendously affect your hair.
- Smoking inhibits blood flow to the hair follicles and interrupts the process of hair growth and hair fall.
- Environmental factors such as pollution from:
- Car exhaust fumes disrupt the keratin (protein formation) in the hair structure, making it fragile.
- Cigarette smoke contains carcinogens that weaken one’s hair follicles.
- Dust particles trigger allergies giving way to inflammation or scalp infections.
- Over exposure to the sun causes brittle, dry and lifeless hair, mainly characterized by split ends. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
When someone intends to describe'intercourse, the adjective painful is not the first thing to spring up in your mind. But more often than not, you or your partner might be suffering from a painful experience under the sheets that further complicates your relationship.
But to paraphrase, it doesn't have to be like this. If you are encountering pain on a regular basis, it is best to talk to your partner and to a doctor to get rid of the problems.
Below is a list of 6 reasons that could be responsible for a painful intercourse:
- Lack of sufficient lubrication: When the female member is turned on because of foreplay, there is an adequate amount of white mucous discharge in the vagina which works as a natural lubricant and makes penetration easy and comfortable. A lack of sufficient foreplay or a side effect of usage of medications for allergies and antidepressants might make your vagina dry which can cause pain. Also, intercourse before your menstrual period can also facilitate the painful experience. This condition can be checked upon by usage of lubricants which will sufficiently moisturize the vagina.
- Inflammation of the bladder region can also cause pain during sex: It is recommended to urinate after sex in order to drain away the bacteria that might have entered your body during intercourse.
- Infection: Infection in the vagina, which can be denoted by the change of color in the vaginal discharge can be a reason for the pain. Also itching in the vagina (vaginitis) in case of women or infection to certain contraceptives for men can also give rise to pain. Inflammation of prostate gland: for males, severe pain just a few moments before ejaculation might be a result of prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland) and should be immediately diagnosed.
- Medical conditions: If the pain during intercourse affects your whole body, then there is a possibility that the pain is a reason for some underlying serious medical condition like problems in the uterus, irritable bowel syndrome or ovarian cysts.
- Hormonal imbalance: If you are pregnant or you have given birth just a few months back, you might feel pain during intercourse as changes in hormones during pregnancy might cause your vagina to dry up.
- For more info you can consult with our herbal experts.
Aloe vera is one of the most popular medicinal plants that have been in use for thousands of years. It is particularly famous for the treatment of skin injuries although it offers a host of health benefits. This short stemmed shiny plant stores moisture in its leaves and is widely used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. The gel within the aloe vera stem contains bioactive compounds found in plants such as vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids.
Some of the notable health benefits of aloe vera include the following:
- It contains antibacterial and antioxidant properties: aloe vera is known to contain the most beneficial antioxidants called as polyphenols. These polyphenols, as well as other similar compounds found on aloe vera, can prevent the growth of bacterial infections in human beings.
- Helps in healing cuts and burns: aloe vera can also be used as a topical medicine by applying the gel on the skin. It has been used since ancient times for the treatment of sores, cuts and burns which also includes sunburns. Aloe vera is the first fda approved ointment that got the status of an effective over-the-counter medication in the year 1959. It can, therefore, be used in first and even second degree burns.
- Prevents dental plaque: tooth decay, as well as gum diseases, affect almost all individuals over the world. One of the best ways to steer clear of the oral infections is to prevent plaque buildup which is the bacterial biofilms on the teeth. The aloe vera mouthwash is as effective as chlorhexidine solutions in reducing the problems of dental plaque by killing the harmful yeast called candida albicans and bacterium named streptococcus mutans.
- Aids in the treatment of canker sores: most people have experienced mouth ulcers or canker sores at least once in their lifetime. It mostly affects the area underneath the lip or inside the mouth and can be very painful at times. Several studies show that aloe vera gel helps in accelerating the healing process of canker sores.
- Reduces constipation: the latex of aloe vera has been found beneficial in the treatment of constipation. The latex is the sticky yellow residue underneath the leaf skin and contains aloin and barbaloin which offers effective latex effect.
- Prevent formation of wrinkles: topical aloe vera gel assists in slowing down the ageing process with regular usage. Using aloe vera gel regularly helps in boosting the production of collagen and improves skin elasticity within three months of regular usage.
- Lowers down blood sugar levels: there was a time when aloe vera was used as a conventional remedy for diabetes. Aloe vera helps in enhancing insulin sensitivity as well as managing blood sugar levels. It has been used in numerous animals and humans affected with type 2 diabetes and the results are impressive enough to regard it as an alternative treatment option.
Along with these benefits, aloe vera juice is regarded as a sustainable way of weight management which has made it a well-favoured choice of overweight people all over the world.
Reducing fat is about working on excess weight that happens due to fat deposits in the body. Getting a toned look means maintaining lean muscle with a routine aimed at doing so. This will propel you towards healthy fat loss, by keeping your lean mass and immune system in order. Read on to learn how you can achieve fat loss in a healthy manner.
- Nutrition: nutrition is the fuel that keeps the body going. From grains to carbohydrates to essentials fats, dairy, fibre, some amount of meat and even fruits and vegetables - you need to have a little bit of everything, every single day. This will give your lean muscle much-needed nourishment so that it helps in banishing fat and works harder to give you a toned look. Also, the metabolism works faster with these kinds of food.
- Processed food: processed food is usually fortified and preserved with salt and fat that defeats healthy eating and makes you gain pounds. You should try and stick to freshly prepared food. Make a menu and shop at the grocery store every week to stock up your for daily meals. Further, when you are looking for a snack, ensure that you reach out for a healthy salad or cut fruit. Also, try to make use of beverages like green tea and infused water that can be made at home with cucumber, mint leaves, watermelon, lemon and more, so that you can steer clear of various other carbonated and packaged drinks.
- Routine: getting rid of fat is also a matter of getting into a good routine of meals, exercise and sleep. You should take smaller and more frequent meals - about five to six times a day - and limit your last meal to a few hours before bed time, so that your metabolism only has to process smaller chunks at a time. Also, try to alternate meals with activity and finally remember to get yourself at least six to seven hours of sleep a day.
- Exercise: we cannot stress enough on a work session a day to burn fat and give your metabolism a boost. Work with a trainer to find your problem areas and do focused exercises and sets.
- Burning fat the healthy way is a matter of eating right, sleeping well and exercising your body every single day! if you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult our herbal experts.
In the realm of ayurvedic medicine, ginger is considered as a wonder root. Its medicinal purposes are many and it never fails to heal some of the most common to the more serious diseases. Ginger can be consumed raw, with other foods, or in a paste form. It is regularly used in most of the dishes that you consume on a daily basis because of its medicinal values. Here are some of the most important values that ginger has, due to which it is considered to be one of the most cherished remedy in ayurveda.
Anti-histamine properties: often people get allergies to dust, pollens, dirt, and other impurities in the air. These allergies can be prolonged and the person suffers a lot. When you experience a bout of allergy, it is best to consume ginger in any form. Its anti -histamine properties help in reducing the allergic reaction and relieve the patient of the sufferings.
Stimulates digestion: ginger is a regular herb used in every meal - mostly in the form of paste and at times as chopped pieces. This is because it aids the release of bile juices from the gall bladder, which in turn promotes smooth digestion.
Cancer: according to the researches carried out at michigan university, it has been concluded that ginger powder has the ability to kill many cancer-causing cells. It is specially recommended to be consumed by medical practitioners if you suffer from lung, prostate, ovarian, and breast cancer.
Morning sickness: at times, you experience morning sickness with a heavy head and a bout of nausea. This mostly occurs when you are pregnant. In such circumstances, consuming ginger provides the necessary vitamin b6 to your body. This helps you to stabilise your condition in the morning and reduce weakness, laziness, and nausea.
Inflammation: ginger root has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing inflammation of any kind in the body. This means that whenever you have any kind of inflammation, you are asked to consume ginger so that the swelling and pain subsides to a considerable amount.
Menstrual cramps: cramps are very common in women during their menstruation. To reduce the pain and cramps, ginger tea is often given to them. It is said that consuming ginger regularly during periods helps in reducing the pain and cramps that are associated with it.
In a gist, these are some of the essential qualities of ginger. These are the reasons as to why ginger is often consumed daily and seen as a home remedy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult our herbal experts.
Headache is a pain in any part of the head, including the scalp, upper neck, face (including the eye area).
A primary headache is caused by problems with or overactivity of pain-sensitive structures in your head. A primary headache isn't a symptom of an underlying disease.
What are the causes and triggers?
The three most common causes of a primary headache are:
- Cluster headache
- Tension-type headache
Some primary headaches can be triggered by lifestyle factors, including:
- Alcohol, particularly red wine
- Certain foods, such as processed meats that contain nitrates
- Changes in sleep or lack of sleep
- Poor posture
- Skipped meals
Doctors focus on determining whether a headache has another cause. They also check for symptoms suggesting that a headache is caused by a serious disorder. If no cause is identified, they focus on identifying which type of a headache is present.
Tips that could help before seeking consultation:
- Try to keep stress in check. Stay organized and prepared to minimize stressful situations. Have some fun, and don't overdo it at work.
- Try incorporating meditation or yoga in your daily regime
- Apply a heating pad, hot water bottle or warm compress to aching muscles. Or take a hot shower.
- Practice good posture to ease muscle strain. While standing, keep shoulders back and head level, buttocks and abdomen pulled in. While sitting, keep your head straight and thighs parallel to the floor.
When to seek consultation?
In people with headaches, certain characteristics are cause for concern; these people should immediately seek medical consultation:
- It occurs more frequently than usual
- Are more severe than usual
- Worsen or don't improve with appropriate use of over-the-counter drugs
- Prevent you from working, sleeping or participating in normal activities
- Headaches that cause you distress, and you would like to find treatment options that enable you to control them better
- Tenderness at the temple (as when combing hair) or jaw pain when chewing
- The presence of cancer or a disorder that weakens the immune system
- Use of a drug that suppresses the immune system
- Red eyes and halos seen around lights
If you are experiencing certain other symptoms like- headaches that increase in frequency or severity, headaches that begin after age 50, worsening vision, weight loss
A headache can be a symptom of a serious condition, such as a stroke, meningitis or encephalitis. Go to a hospital emergency room or your local emergency number if you have the worst headache of your life, a sudden, severe headache or a headache accompanied by:
- Confusion or trouble understanding speech
- Fainting, drowsiness, confusion
- High fever, greater than 102 f to 104 f (39 c to 40 c)
- Numbness, weakness or paralysis on one side of your body
- Stiff neck
- Trouble seeing, speaking or walking
- Nausea or vomiting (if not clearly related to the flu or a hangover)
If people with none of the above symptoms or characteristics start having headaches that are different from any they have had before or if their usual headaches become unusually severe, they should call a doctor.
Doctors can usually determine the type or cause of headaches based on the medical history, symptoms, and results of a physical examination. Depending on their other symptoms, the doctor may advise taking an analgesic or ask them to come for an evaluation.
Your health is affected by a number of physical, mental and emotional conditions. Falling in love is one of these factors. Being in love with someone does not only put a smile on your face, it can also boost your immunity and lower stress levels. Love can make you feel stronger both mentally and physically. Here are a few reasons why love is beneficial to your health.
You may have a longer life: love helps fight stress and hence helps reduce the harmful effects of stress. Stress is a direct trigger for many fatal conditions such as heart attack and strokes and thus, being in love reduces your risk of such diseases. Studies have also shown that when in love, a person takes more care of themselves and hence has a lower risk of having an accident, violence etc. Thus, being in love can give you a longer lifespan and can reduce chances of an early death.
You may have a lower risk of lifestyle diseases: along with boosting your immunity love can also improve your lifestyle. Instead of microwaving a tv dinner, a person in love is likely to eat a healthier meal with their partner and be more conscious of their diet. Being in love also makes you want to look good thus, encourages exercising. By following a healthy diet and exercising regularly, you can reduce your chances of suffering from lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and obesity. Living with a person you love can also lower your alcohol and nicotine consumption and hence protect you from their ill effects.
It protects you from depression: companionship and love are good for a person’s mental health. Love can help stabilise emotions and keep you from depression. By living with someone a person does not have the chance to withdraw into themselves and can always rely on having someone to talk to. By sharing your thoughts and emotions with another person, difficult situations can become easier to handle and hence cause less stress and depression.
It can help you look younger: as mentioned earlier, being in love can make you take better care of yourself. It is often said that a person in love ’glows’. In a nutshell, being in love makes you happy and this releases happy hormones that aid in the removal of toxins and prevent premature ageing. When you’re in love, you may also notice your hair looking healthier and shinier.
Kissing has several benefits than it may seem, sure, it feels great, but apart from that, it also lowers your blood pressure. It further releases epinephrine hormone into your blood which allows your heart to pump blood faster and hence reduces the amount of the bad cholesterol. Here are a few reasons as to why you must grab the person you love and kiss him or her as soon as possible:
It helps reduce your blood pressure: kissing dilates the blood vessels and this can in turn help reduce the levels of your blood pressure.
Relieves headache and cramps: the dilatation effect on the blood vessels seems to have a pronounced effect in relieving pain. This includes headaches and cramps from menstrual pain.
Fights cavities: the saliva production in your mouth increases when you kiss. The excess saliva production helps to wash away the germs and plaque that accumulate in your mouth over a period of time. On the contrary, the cavity forming germs can also be transmitted from the mouth of one person to the other.
Helps by releasing your happy hormones: kissing helps release a cocktail of hormones such as dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin that are responsible for giving you a happy high. It is not just the sense of happiness you get from it, but also the hormones released can help strengthen the bond with your partner. Your lips have a dense connection of nerve endings which elevate the sense of pleasure in a person.
Burn calories: does it substitute for a 2 mile jog? no. But studies have shown that a good session of intense kissing can help burn up to about 8 to 16 calories.
Boosts your self-esteem: research has shown that people who leave home with a good bye kiss are more likely to work better and be in a good mood for the entire day. It could be because of the sense of feeling loved and cared for that makes one happy. A kiss can boost your self-esteem and even make you more productive at work.
Tones the muscles of your face: kissing involves the muscles present in your face and jaw line. A vigorous smooch can allow those muscles to act up and shape them in the process.
Check out the compatibility with your partner: kissing can be an important factor to measure the initial attraction of a person. This could be so important that it is often noticed that if the first kiss is not up to the mark, it can be a great turn off.