Stained Teeth is a condition in which the teeth are either extrinsically or intrinsically stained or discolored. The discoloration may vary from yellow to brown to black. Stained Teeth may occur due to stains on the surface or changes inside the tooth. Stained Teeth can be intrinsic, extrinsic or age-related. Symptoms are: stains on enamel, yellow tints, pits on teeth and brown spots
HOW IS STAINED TEETH DIAGNOSED?
There are no special diagnostic tests for Stained Teeth. The dentist may perform a complete dental examination to confirm Stained Teeth. The doctor may determine the type of teeth discoloration during dental examination.
HOW IS STAINED TEETH TREATED?
Treatment options to whiten teeth can vary depending on the cause of the discoloration and may include:
• Using proper tooth brushing and flossing techniques
• Avoidance of the foods and beverages that cause stains
• Using over-the-counter whitening agents
• In-home whitening agents purchased from your dentist
• Dental whitening procedures by a dentist such as dental scaling
DID YOU KNOW?
Though stained teeth are not a serious problem or threat, they are a cause of immense embarrassment as they brown teeth show through - making it difficult to smile.