Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja Thareja to be very helpful. Thank you
Dr Mahendra Nath Thareja is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. His guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of erectile dysfunctionEven though he is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. Whatever tests the he prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help. It has been quite some time that i was suffering from erectile dysfunction. And the treatment helped me immensly.
It has been quite some time that i was suffering from masturbation addiction. I was depressed due to this. I read about Dr MahenDra on one of the social media platform. I consulted him as he is a well known sexologist. He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. I am almost my normal self post the treatment.
Overall male sexual problems treatment was very effective. I saw MahenDra Nath Thareja clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Dr MahenDra . He is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my male sexual problems. I consulted Dr MahenDra. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. He is quite knowledgeable in the field of sexology. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Thareja Nursing Home.
He ensures that he gives enough time to each patient. The Thareja Nursing Home is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before after my nightfall treatment with Dr MahenDra
I was so much depressed as I was unable to conceive. I was in search of a well experienced sexologist. As one of my neighbour referred Dr MahenDra, I consulted him. He helped me deal with the situation. His guidance and advice helped me immensly.
Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja Thareja provides answers that are knowledgeable. Nicely replied doctor thanks for the information
Dr. M.N. Thareja is a doctor with conviction. Practices ethics with patient centric approach.
Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja Thareja provides answers that are caring and inspiring. Thank you
Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja Thareja provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thank you doc.
Anand K Ajay
Dr. Jayant Thareja provides answers that are helped me improve my health. How can sir??
Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja Thareja provides answers that are very helpful. thanks dr's
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja to be practical. thanks
Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja Thareja provides answers that are very helpful. thanks
Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja provides answers that are very helpful. Thankyou sir
Erectile dysfunction now has become a common disorder for most men. Middle aged men are most common to get erectile dysfunction mainly due to unhealthy life style, smoking and excessive stress. There are several other factors that are responsible causing this erectile dysfunction, but most men look forward for nutritional way of treatment to overcome this erectile dysfunction. Nutrients that really help in recovering from erectile dysfunction problem and enable men to have satisfactory sexual life.
Nutrients to overcome erectile dysfunction:
Dietary changes play a major role in solving many health issues of various concerns. Few vitamins that beat the erectile dysfunction are
1. DHEA: Dehydroepialdosterone is a hormone released from the adrenal glands. DHEA reaches the peak by the age of 25 and above for men. However, this vitamin is not directly available from natural foods, but is wild yam and soya beans may stimulate the body to produce more DHEA when there is a need. Excessive intake of this food may not lead to increased level of DHEA as this is produced by the aldosterone only with the decreased level in the blood.
There are several other factors that stimulate the production of DHEA are regular exercise to keep your body physically active, taking healthy nutritious diet, adequate rest and sleep and avoiding excessive stress.
2. Carnitine: Combination of vitamins like propionyl L carnitine, L carnitine and acetyl L carnitine are helpful to overcome erectile dysfunction in elderly persons. Combination of these vitamins helps to increase the level of testosterone hormone in the body. 2gms of each vitamin is required daily to overcome erectile dysfunction
3. Arginine: It is a type of amino acid that affects the production of nitric oxide. But nitric oxide is responsible for the vasodilatation effect thus, leading to the increased blood flow to the penis and causes penile erection. There are few studies that say that arginine also helps in removing erectile dysfunction. Hence there is a controversial issue with the usage of arginine for erectile dysfunction.
4. Pyconogel: 120mg of pyconogel daily helps to solve the sexual problems. This vitamin is found in pinus pinaster and helps to improve the sexual life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Sexual health is an important aspect of a man's life. Sex is an essential part of the foundation of any couple's relationship and sexual problems often have a huge impact on it. Moreover, these problems can also be symptoms of some other underlying causes.
What causes sexual problems in men?
1. Physical causes: Physical causes of sexual problems in men include heart and vascular diseases, diabetes, hormonal imbalances, chronic kidney or liver failure, neurological disorders and drug abuse. Side effects of certain medications may also affect sexual desire.
2. Psychological causes: This includes stress in daily life due to work pressure, anxiety about sexual performance, depression and even past sexual abuse experiences.
Some of the common sexual problems in men are:
1. Erectile dysfunction - It is the inability to get and maintain an erection which is firm enough for sexual intercourse. Some of the factors that lead to the condition include nerve disorders, atherosclerosis, and anxiety about sexual performance.
2. Premature ejaculation - This refers to the ejaculation that occurs before or after penetration. It often results from nervousness before a sexual performance. Anti-depressants may also affect ejaculation.
3. Nightfall - Nightfall is a common occurrence which is characterized by involuntary ejaculation while sleeping at night. This is common in adolescents as it marks the onset of their sexual comfort when the body undergoes hormonal changes.
4. Inadequate size of penis - Penis size is a matter of concern for a lot of men. Most of them arise from myths going around in today's day and age. Most men are endowed with a size of the penis that is enough for satisfying their partners sexually while there are a few rare cases where penis enlargement treatment is required.
5. Excessive masturbation - Masturbation is a healthy way of sex outlet and is not harmful in any way. But an excess of anything is bad and it becomes a problem if the habit becomes obsessive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Viagra is a very common drug prescribed for treating erectile dysfunction. It works by enhancing the flow of blood to the penis during sexual intercourse to bring about erection. Viagra actually contains the active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate which is a selective inhibitor of Cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate (cGMP)-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5).
This drug works efficiently with sexual stimulation. Erectile dysfunction is very common among older men whose sexual function tends to fall after they reach their 50s. But these days even younger men in their 30's and 40's are experiencing an increased incidence of erectile dysfunction.
Doctors can even recommend the drug to both younger and elder men who suffer from erection problems.
Solidification of the arteries, the blood vessels that supply blood to the penis, can occur during the teen years. The problem then develops by the time they reach the age of 20-30 years and more, hindering their ability to get and maintain an erection. Men suffering from diabetes and facing the problem of Erectile dysfunction can be assisted by this drug.
The drug should be ideally taken an hour before the sexual intercourse.
On the other hand, you can also take Viagra half an hour to 4 hours before the sexual intercourse. You don't require having food in order to take the drug. But you need to keep in mind that if you take it after a meal high in fats, it can take a little bit longer for you to experience its effects.
Most importantly, the misuse of Viagra should be avoided. It should be taken only under medical supervision. The drug doesn't have the power to help you ejaculate easily if you suffer from problems related to orgasm or even enhance your sexual appetite. It does not enhance sexual timing, so should not be used to treat premature ejaculation. Men also shouldn't expect the drug to take the erections to unexpected heights.
Word of Caution:
One should never take the drug for recreational purposes. One can end up suffering from minor erectile dysfunction due such abuse. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Dear sir yesterday I take penile Doppler test after taking 50 mg oral sildenafil with doctor prescription. It show right psv cm/sec is 27.7 and the left psv cm/sec is 34.5.whats the average psv cm/sec us the age of 23 please tell me doctor.
Almost 60% men are suffering from erectile dysfunction (ED), and these troubles are getting prominent day by day due to unhealthy lifestyle. Now, you will find various options for treating erectile dysfunction, and you got to get a fair idea about them. Not all medicines are suitable for you, and this is the reason doctors conduct a clinical examination before prescribing medicines.
Best drug options for treating erectile dysfunction:
- Topical administration: Macrochem and Nexmed are the two most popular options, and they are available in a gel form. This gel can be applied with ease over your weak or curved penis so that unwanted erections can be prevented. In this case, needles are not inserted, and thus you will face no adverse reactions. But proper medications are also required along with these medicated gels.
- Penile injections: Brindley and Virag are the two popular penile injections that can be easily injected so that you can get rid of erectile dysfunction. These injections are to be injected only under proper medical supervision otherwise you might face dreadful consequences. Alprostadil, phentolamine and papaverine deserve a special mention, and they are the safest options as per medical experts. Trial dosage can be easily administered, and on the other hand, combination medications need to be tried out for getting beneficial results.
- Intraurethral agents: There are many medical programs where these agents have been referred by experts. Though these agents are treated as alternative options, but you can still try them out in order to get some positive effects. In fact, the recovery process can be accelerated to a great extent by means of using these kinds of agents. You can get smoother and highly satisfactory penetration experienced with the use of these agents along with other prescribed medications for erectile dysfunction.
- Oral agents: though there are innumerable oral agents that can treat Ed trouble, but you have to choose quite carefully with the help of an experienced doctor. Some popular options in this regard are Cialis, Levitra, Staxyn, Stendra, Viagra and others. Only prescribed dosage needs to be taken, and thus you should take only those medicines that are only being prescribed by your doctor.
Do not choose medications as per your preference and never collect ED medicines over-the-counter. Before prescribing any ED medicine, doctor usually conducts a thorough examination in order to know the actual health condition of the patients and this clinical examination is important for referring the right ED medicines.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are infections that you can get from having sex with someone who already has the infection. The causes of STDs are bacteria, parasites, and viruses. These infections often do not cause any symptoms, and can still be passed unknowingly from the infected partner to the other. However, some common symptoms include genital itching, lesions, flu / fever like symptoms and feeling pain / pressure in the lower part of the stomach.
There are many kinds of STDs including Chlamydia, gonorrhea, genital herpes, syphilis and HIV.
The important thing to understand and know is that these STDs can be prevented.
3 ways of preventing STDS are:
1. Precautions before having sex
There are some things you can do to reduce your risk of contracting STDs before having sex. This include:
- Limiting the number of sexual partners
- Talking honestly with partners about your sexual history
- Getting tested, along with your partner, before having sex
- Getting timely vaccination against HPV and HBV
If you have been diagnosed with an STD you should tell your partner about it and also explicitly ask your partner if they have had an STD.
2. Practice safe sex
Use a latex condom every time you have sex and use a water-based lubricant. If your sex life involves intercourse, anal or vaginal, make up your mind to never have sex without a condom. If you or your partner is at a high risk of STDs, be consistent about barrier use during oral sex as well. Avoid sharing towels or underclothing to reduce the risk of an STD. Check the expiration date of the condom and make sure that it has an air bubble, which shows it has not been punctured. Dispose the condom properly and never reuse it.
3. Don't drink Alcohol or use drugs before having sex
It's impossible to make responsible choices about your sex life under the influence of drugs or alcohol. When you are under the influence of any one of them, you are not in your mind and are likelier to choose a partner you wouldn't have picked otherwise. In that case, you may be at a higher risk of contracting an STD. Also, if you are on birth control pills and you vomit, the pills could lose some effectivenes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
In today's hectic and stressful time, where both men and women have their own priorities physical intimacy has taken a back seat. Most men complain that women are sexually passive because they do not initiate sex more often and that makes them question their own sexual viability. In reality, women want sex as much as men do, but it takes a right man and right situations to get her in the mood for it. The sole reason for it is unlike men; women's sexual desire is unpredictable and depends on their level of intimacy with their men.
The following are some of the tips that can help you to set the tone to get her into the right mood:
1. Get her out of her head: The most prominent factors that hinder women from enjoying sex to the fullest is stress and insecurities. The more capable you are to make her feel attractive and comfortable in her own skin, the more she will feel confident around you to open up both emotionally and sexually. Once her insecurities subside, you can get her in mood with ease.
2. Give her genuine compliments: Women are good at differentiating genuine compliments from tasteless ones. Make sure that you compliment her genuinely on her inner beauty rather than her outer appearance. Most of the time women are skeptical of the things that men tell them. It is a defense mechanism of women to protect themselves against manipulative and emotionally unavailable men. The more you express your true feelings for her the more she will feel connected to you and will respond positively to your sexual approach.
3. Prolong the foreplay: The longer you invest your time in foreplay, the easier it will be for you to get her in mood. Pay proper attention to her face, neck, shoulder and lips. Some erotic massage techniques may prove handy in the foreplay. Make sure you make ample of eye contact during the entire process.
4. Be gentle in your caresses: Most women do not prefer rough actions prior to engaging in sexual activities. Women crave soft and sensual touches on their body. Caress your way to her erotic zones with slow and prolonged touches that make her crave for you more. Gentle touches will arouse her and get her in the mood.
5. Pay attention to her like and dislikes: ask her about her sexual likes and dislikes, such intimate confessions are known to arouse her sexually. Use her likes to your advantage. You will be surprised how quickly she will get aroused with your considerate approach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
It has been espoused in common knowledge that when you have inttercourse with your partner, it makes both of you feel happier, satisfied and contented. This helps bring you closer to each other and results in a stronger and better relationship. Sexual activities have a direct connection to your psychological well-being. However, the number of times you have sex isn’t as important as the quality of the time you spend with your partner.
Stressed out on sex!
Due to modern lifestyle and stress, young couples are increasingly finding it difficult to hit the bed together, thus putting sex on the backburner. Research states most young couples now consider sex as secondary, mechanical and monotonous, which can be kept for a later time. But that is not the sign of normalcy. You don’t need to do it daily, but 2 or 3 times a week is beneficial for a healthy body, mind, and relationship.
Some of the benefits of having regular sex
- Sex releases endorphins hormone which reduces stress and also lets you experience euphoria. This makes you feel satisfied and happy during the act and in general with your life.
- It is directly related to promoting attractiveness. During sexual intercourse, the body releases pheromones which make you look more attractive to other people.
- If you experience orgasms during the activity, you are most likely to have an enhanced life span due to the promotion of better circulation within the body.
- Sex acts as an excellent pain reliever due to the release of endorphins.
- Sex also helps you to have better control of your bladder by working out the muscles during an orgasm.
- It has also been shown to lower the risk of prostate cancer in men.
How much is too much?
These are just a few of the reasons sexologists and health care experts advise you to have intercourse often, at least twice weekly. You don’t need to do it regularly, as over indulgence will have negative effects too. It could also signal the start of problems with sexual addiction. Some of the negative effects of too much sex could be:
- It will lead to a detrimental effect on your sexual activity. You will find it difficult to get aroused often.
- You experience cramps on your body.
- You can experience difficulties in your bowel and urinary functions.
- You would be constantly distracted by the thoughts of sex which could lead to sex addiction.
It is best to stay within a limit, have fun with your partner twice or thrice a week and enjoy the health and psychological benefits of this natural marvel. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Penile implants are devices placed inside the penis to help men with erectile dysfunction get an erection. Penile implants are usually advised whenever other treatments for Erectile Dysfunction (ED) fail. The two main types of penile implants are semi-rigid and inflatable. They have their own ways of working and their own pros and cons.
Why penile implants?
In most cases, ED can be treated with the help of medications and a penis pump. Doctors may advise penile implants only if you do not get satisfactory results using other methods and medications. Although penile implants help you to get an erection, they don't increase your sexual desire, neither will your penis size increase from what it used to be.
What are the risks involved?
1. Infection: You might be at the risks of severe infection if you have spinal cord injury or diabetes. Men who need revision surgery of their implants are at a higher risk than their first surgery.
2. Implant problems: In rare cases, implants may not work properly. In some semirigid devices, the internal parts might break over time; in inflatable devices, the pump might fail and fluid might leak.
3. Internal erosion: In few cases, the implant might stick to the skin of your penis, or can wear away the skin from inside the penis.
Types of Penile Implants:
1. Inflatable implants - These are the most common types of implants used, which can be inflated for erection, and deflated at other times. Inflatable implants are usually of two types- 'three-piece inflatable implants' and 'two-piece inflatable implants'.
The pros of 'three-piece inflatable implants' are-
a) Provides flaccidity when deflated
b) Gives the most natural, firm erections
The pros of 'two-piece inflatable implants' are-
a) Requires less complicated surgery than the 'three-piece'.
b) Provides flaccidity when deflated
2. Semi-rigid implants
These devices are always firm, resulting in the penis being bent away from the body for sexual activity and towards the body for concealment.
The pros of 'semi-rigid implants' are-
a) Is easy to surgically implant
b) Has a low chance of malfunctioning
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Caught in the mundane chores and uniformity of daily pressures, your love life may suffer quite badly. All couples come to a point where one or both of them are either not interested in physical love anymore or too tired to get frisky. This can affect both life not only physically but also emotionally. Even if you have sex, it becomes dull, boring and unpleasant.
Getting the spark back!
Problems with a dull sex life do not have to mean a complete removal of sex from your relationship. Bringing your sex life on track might take a while, but can be quite easily achieved. Understanding yourself, knowing what gives you pleasure and sharing a romantic relationship with your partner are the key elements of a happy and satisfying sexual life. Some of the tips to get the spark back in your sex life are as follows:
- Communicate: Communication is the key to resolving all problems. Many couples feel afraid to talk about sexual issues, but this should not be the case. Talk to your partner about why you are feeling disinterested. Discuss if you are going through a difficult physical transition such as menopause or other physical ailments. It is better to tell the truth and not let your partner just assume that you may not be attracted towards him or her. Be honest if you are failing to have an orgasm. Proper communication is the first step in trying to resolve a problem.
- Educate yourself: In today’s world, finding a solution to sexual problems is no big issue as you can always look up to the internet for information. Go through books, magazines or other items available which will give a clear explanation to all your queries. Create a comfortable, quiet and interference free atmosphere. Age is also a factor that might lead to reduced libido but creating romantic settings might help in bringing the passion back.
- Keep away from blame and criticism: Try not to introduce any issue which might lead to a big fight. Criticizing at this point of time should also be avoided as it can flare up into an argument.
- Be stress free: Try and keep all the work problems away while you are with your partner. Lighten up and focus on your partner and the total experience rather than only aiming to fulfil a goal. Maintaining a stress free attitude helps in makings sex more enjoyable.
- Relax and be flexible: Relaxing helps you feeling more focussed and enhances your sexual energy. Flexibility to your partners needs only makes them more attracted and aroused by you. Thus physical and emotional flexibility can help in bringing back the spark into your sex life.
- Good health: Your physical and emotional health also affects your sex life. Reducing the intake of alcohol, abstaining from smoke, eating healthy and adequate exercise and meditating to calm your mind helps immensely to maintain a good shape and in turn happy sexual life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
HIV or Human Immunodeficiency Virus is a type of immune disorder which attacks the immune system of the body and slowly destroys it overtime. The HIV virus targets the immune system and makes the body susceptible to other diseases. HIV infection can progress to AIDS although it may take up to 10 or 12 years to fully go into the last stage.
Risks and Causes
HIV is a communicable disease which spreads through only the following methods
- It can spread from one person to another by means of unprotected sexual intercourse due to the exchange of bodily fluids.
- The virus spreads if you share drug needles with someone who is already contaminated with HIV virus. It can also occur due to improperly trained medical staff that may reuse syringes although this is very uncommon.
- The HIV virus transmits from the mother to the child during pregnancy through the placenta.
- Any exchange of blood in significant amounts such as blood transfusion from a contaminated patient will result in infection as well although this is very rare.
Any other form of contracting the disease such as through kissing or food is a untrue and only propagates due to ignorance.
The initial symptoms of HIV infection are noticed after a few weeks although it can take a few months to come up as well. The initial symptoms may include
1. Severe headache along with intense pain in the muscles and the joints of the body.
2. Frequent appearances of rashes
3. inflation of the lymph nodes
4. Itchy skin
5. Disorders which stay for sustained periods such as an upset stomach or a cold.
The early symptoms disappear within 2 to 3 weeks without any treatment. The later symptoms might appear after few years (sometimes up to or more than a decade), which will stay. This is usually the time HIV is diagnosed. The symptoms now may also include
1. severe muscle fatigue
2. severe loss in body weight,
3. High fever and recurrent instances of sweating at the night time.
HIV is suspected if the later symptoms tend to last for a long time without any other diagnosable cause.
HIV can be treated by means of antiretroviral therapy which reduces the rate at which the virus multiplies. However, there is no cure for HIV as of yet.
In order to prevent yourself from getting HIV, you should adopt the following precautionary measures:
1. You should use protection every time when engaging in sexual intercourse and if you are unsure of your partner’s HIV status.
2. You should use new blades in barbershops for shaving purposes in order to prevent yourself from HIV as well
3. If you are diagnosed with HIV/AIDS while you are pregnant, to prevent spreading it to your unborn baby, you might immediately need undergo a medical check-up and follow the doctor’s advice.
4. Ensure that disposable syringes are used whenever they are being use for medical tests or treatments.
I Am Facing A Problem of Low Testosterone Due To Over masturbation. I Matsubrate Before long Time once Daily. But now I am facing A Problem of Low Testosterone and one of My testicle shrink. please tell me Which Specialist doctor I Consult And Can I Regain my testicle Size Again And what kind of Treatment you give to Patient and how costly It is? And I Workout daily since Last 2 Years but due to low testosterone my muscle is Not Growing.
Hi After sex she lose hope, every time thinking I will pregnant or not, if not then MC when come? Because of my low semen quality like watery and very short erection time, she is not happy with me still no baby we are trying last three years from marriage.
I have tested VDRL, URINE R/E and urine culture as prescribed by urologist. There are no symptoms on physical examination. VDRL is non reactive, URINE R/E normal and Urine culture report says NO URINARY PATHOGEN IS ISOLATED IN CULTURE AFTER 48 HRS OF INCUBATION does this mean I do not have any infection? Do I am safe from STDS or HIV .please advice.
I got divorced 2 months before and as if now I am in a new relationship so the problem is that I had sex with my previous wife a several time without protection and now I am enjoying my my sex life with the new wife same without protection, is their any chances of having HIV Aids, please do reply as soon as possible, I am getting myself in depression.
Dear sir/madam Can I participate in sex if my wife is at 8th month pregnancy. Sir please let me know the +ve and -ve consequences by participating in sex at that time if any. Plz.plz.
My age is 21 years when I was 7 years old I have operated of epididymis cyst. Now I have varicocele in my left side. Size of testicle is normal. But scrotum skin is too loose. Due to varicocele my left side testicle always remains hanging down more then right side. It creates discomfort. When I di self examine it feels I have any kind of weight in my left side. My inside veins can be clearly seen from outside. So please tell me any natural cure or diet or yoga to prevent varicocele and also tell me any solution ti keep my both testicle in line ment. As I said earlier skin of scrotum of left side is quit loose then right. Please give any advice sir also tell me what to do and what to avoid. Thank you.
In order to, safeguard oneself from the STDs one should always ensure to use protection during intercourse and one such form of protection is female condoms. Female condoms are pouches that are made of latex and polyurethane. These are used by women during sex in order to prevent pregnancy and to reduce the chances of infection through sexually transmitted diseases. Each end of these pouches are made of rings that are flexible. One end is inserted deep inside the vagina before sex is initiated. This end is held in position by utilizing the rings available at the closed end while the rings which are at the open end remain outside the vagina during sex.
A question of comfort
Even though it can be safely used by all women, some have complained that they find female condoms to be an inappropriate form of contraception as they don’t feel comfortable with their genital areas being touched. Thus, it is very important that the appropriate form of contraception be considered for you and your partner. If you feel you cannot use this condom correctly other options of contraception should be considered.
Advantages of a female condom
1. Condoms can prove to be a reliable pregnancy averting method if they are properly and consistently used.
2. Since the exchange of bodily fluids like semen and vaginal fluid is prevented, female condoms aid in offering protection against many STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) like HIV, herpes and others.
3. Female condoms are only needed during the time of sex and any form of advance preparation is not required. This makes their usage suitable for unplanned sex.
4. Doctoral prescriptions are not needed to procure female condoms.
5. The condoms are usually small in size, easily disposable as well as easy to carry.
6. Using condoms does not have any medical side effects although it is advisable to check the materials used in it to avoid any allergic reactions.
7. Insertion of female condoms can be done up to a duration of eight hours before sex.
Some common problems
Although using female condoms has its advantages, it is common that some women may find that putting on a condom leads to interruption in sex. In order to avoid this, foreplay that includes a part where the condom is worn or inserted early can easily help. Other disadvantages include –
1. Even though condoms are generally very strong, they are prone to splitting or tearing in case of improper use.
2. Availability of female condoms is much lesser in comparison to the male counterparts
3. Female condoms are usually more expensive than male condoms (approximately 5 times more than male condoms).
However, female condoms can give back control to the woman in case the male partner doesn’t have protection or doesn’t want protection. It is something that enables the woman to be in control and safe from diseases or unwanted pregnancies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.