Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja Thareja to be very helpful. Thank you
Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja Thareja provides answers that are knowledgeable. Nicely replied doctor thanks for the information
Dr. M.N. Thareja is a doctor with conviction. Practices ethics with patient centric approach.
Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja Thareja provides answers that are caring and inspiring. Thank you
Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja Thareja provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thank you doc.
Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja Thareja provides answers that are very helpful. thanks dr's
Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja Thareja provides answers that are very helpful. thanks
Dr. Mahendra Nath Thareja provides answers that are very helpful. Thankyou sir
Caught in the mundane chores and uniformity of daily pressures, your love life may suffer quite badly. All couples come to a point where one or both of them are either not interested in physical love anymore or too tired to get frisky. This can affect both life not only physically but also emotionally. Even if you have sex, it becomes dull, boring and unpleasant.
Getting the spark back!
Problems with a dull sex life do not have to mean a complete removal of sex from your relationship. Bringing your sex life on track might take a while, but can be quite easily achieved. Understanding yourself, knowing what gives you pleasure and sharing a romantic relationship with your partner are the key elements of a happy and satisfying sexual life. Some of the tips to get the spark back in your sex life are as follows:
- Communicate: Communication is the key to resolving all problems. Many couples feel afraid to talk about sexual issues, but this should not be the case. Talk to your partner about why you are feeling disinterested. Discuss if you are going through a difficult physical transition such as menopause or other physical ailments. It is better to tell the truth and not let your partner just assume that you may not be attracted towards him or her. Be honest if you are failing to have an orgasm. Proper communication is the first step in trying to resolve a problem.
- Educate yourself: In today’s world, finding a solution to sexual problems is no big issue as you can always look up to the internet for information. Go through books, magazines or other items available which will give a clear explanation to all your queries. Create a comfortable, quiet and interference free atmosphere. Age is also a factor that might lead to reduced libido but creating romantic settings might help in bringing the passion back.
- Keep away from blame and criticism: Try not to introduce any issue which might lead to a big fight. Criticizing at this point of time should also be avoided as it can flare up into an argument.
- Be stress free: Try and keep all the work problems away while you are with your partner. Lighten up and focus on your partner and the total experience rather than only aiming to fulfil a goal. Maintaining a stress free attitude helps in makings sex more enjoyable.
- Relax and be flexible: Relaxing helps you feeling more focussed and enhances your sexual energy. Flexibility to your partners needs only makes them more attracted and aroused by you. Thus physical and emotional flexibility can help in bringing back the spark into your sex life.
- Good health: Your physical and emotional health also affects your sex life. Reducing the intake of alcohol, abstaining from smoke, eating healthy and adequate exercise and meditating to calm your mind helps immensely to maintain a good shape and in turn happy sexual life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
HIV or Human Immunodeficiency Virus is a type of immune disorder which attacks the immune system of the body and slowly destroys it overtime. The HIV virus targets the immune system and makes the body susceptible to other diseases. HIV infection can progress to AIDS although it may take up to 10 or 12 years to fully go into the last stage.
Risks and Causes
HIV is a communicable disease which spreads through only the following methods
- It can spread from one person to another by means of unprotected sexual intercourse due to the exchange of bodily fluids.
- The virus spreads if you share drug needles with someone who is already contaminated with HIV virus. It can also occur due to improperly trained medical staff that may reuse syringes although this is very uncommon.
- The HIV virus transmits from the mother to the child during pregnancy through the placenta.
- Any exchange of blood in significant amounts such as blood transfusion from a contaminated patient will result in infection as well although this is very rare.
Any other form of contracting the disease such as through kissing or food is a untrue and only propagates due to ignorance.
The initial symptoms of HIV infection are noticed after a few weeks although it can take a few months to come up as well. The initial symptoms may include
1. Severe headache along with intense pain in the muscles and the joints of the body.
2. Frequent appearances of rashes
3. inflation of the lymph nodes
4. Itchy skin
5. Disorders which stay for sustained periods such as an upset stomach or a cold.
The early symptoms disappear within 2 to 3 weeks without any treatment. The later symptoms might appear after few years (sometimes up to or more than a decade), which will stay. This is usually the time HIV is diagnosed. The symptoms now may also include
1. severe muscle fatigue
2. severe loss in body weight,
3. High fever and recurrent instances of sweating at the night time.
HIV is suspected if the later symptoms tend to last for a long time without any other diagnosable cause.
HIV can be treated by means of antiretroviral therapy which reduces the rate at which the virus multiplies. However, there is no cure for HIV as of yet.
In order to prevent yourself from getting HIV, you should adopt the following precautionary measures:
1. You should use protection every time when engaging in sexual intercourse and if you are unsure of your partner’s HIV status.
2. You should use new blades in barbershops for shaving purposes in order to prevent yourself from HIV as well
3. If you are diagnosed with HIV/AIDS while you are pregnant, to prevent spreading it to your unborn baby, you might immediately need undergo a medical check-up and follow the doctor’s advice.
4. Ensure that disposable syringes are used whenever they are being use for medical tests or treatments.
I Am Facing A Problem of Low Testosterone Due To Over masturbation. I Matsubrate Before long Time once Daily. But now I am facing A Problem of Low Testosterone and one of My testicle shrink. please tell me Which Specialist doctor I Consult And Can I Regain my testicle Size Again And what kind of Treatment you give to Patient and how costly It is? And I Workout daily since Last 2 Years but due to low testosterone my muscle is Not Growing.
Hi After sex she lose hope, every time thinking I will pregnant or not, if not then MC when come? Because of my low semen quality like watery and very short erection time, she is not happy with me still no baby we are trying last three years from marriage.
I have tested VDRL, URINE R/E and urine culture as prescribed by urologist. There are no symptoms on physical examination. VDRL is non reactive, URINE R/E normal and Urine culture report says NO URINARY PATHOGEN IS ISOLATED IN CULTURE AFTER 48 HRS OF INCUBATION does this mean I do not have any infection? Do I am safe from STDS or HIV .please advice.
I got divorced 2 months before and as if now I am in a new relationship so the problem is that I had sex with my previous wife a several time without protection and now I am enjoying my my sex life with the new wife same without protection, is their any chances of having HIV Aids, please do reply as soon as possible, I am getting myself in depression.
Dear sir/madam Can I participate in sex if my wife is at 8th month pregnancy. Sir please let me know the +ve and -ve consequences by participating in sex at that time if any. Plz.plz.
My age is 21 years when I was 7 years old I have operated of epididymis cyst. Now I have varicocele in my left side. Size of testicle is normal. But scrotum skin is too loose. Due to varicocele my left side testicle always remains hanging down more then right side. It creates discomfort. When I di self examine it feels I have any kind of weight in my left side. My inside veins can be clearly seen from outside. So please tell me any natural cure or diet or yoga to prevent varicocele and also tell me any solution ti keep my both testicle in line ment. As I said earlier skin of scrotum of left side is quit loose then right. Please give any advice sir also tell me what to do and what to avoid. Thank you.
In order to, safeguard oneself from the STDs one should always ensure to use protection during intercourse and one such form of protection is female condoms. Female condoms are pouches that are made of latex and polyurethane. These are used by women during sex in order to prevent pregnancy and to reduce the chances of infection through sexually transmitted diseases. Each end of these pouches are made of rings that are flexible. One end is inserted deep inside the vagina before sex is initiated. This end is held in position by utilizing the rings available at the closed end while the rings which are at the open end remain outside the vagina during sex.
A question of comfort
Even though it can be safely used by all women, some have complained that they find female condoms to be an inappropriate form of contraception as they don’t feel comfortable with their genital areas being touched. Thus, it is very important that the appropriate form of contraception be considered for you and your partner. If you feel you cannot use this condom correctly other options of contraception should be considered.
Advantages of a female condom
1. Condoms can prove to be a reliable pregnancy averting method if they are properly and consistently used.
2. Since the exchange of bodily fluids like semen and vaginal fluid is prevented, female condoms aid in offering protection against many STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) like HIV, herpes and others.
3. Female condoms are only needed during the time of sex and any form of advance preparation is not required. This makes their usage suitable for unplanned sex.
4. Doctoral prescriptions are not needed to procure female condoms.
5. The condoms are usually small in size, easily disposable as well as easy to carry.
6. Using condoms does not have any medical side effects although it is advisable to check the materials used in it to avoid any allergic reactions.
7. Insertion of female condoms can be done up to a duration of eight hours before sex.
Some common problems
Although using female condoms has its advantages, it is common that some women may find that putting on a condom leads to interruption in sex. In order to avoid this, foreplay that includes a part where the condom is worn or inserted early can easily help. Other disadvantages include –
1. Even though condoms are generally very strong, they are prone to splitting or tearing in case of improper use.
2. Availability of female condoms is much lesser in comparison to the male counterparts
3. Female condoms are usually more expensive than male condoms (approximately 5 times more than male condoms).
However, female condoms can give back control to the woman in case the male partner doesn’t have protection or doesn’t want protection. It is something that enables the woman to be in control and safe from diseases or unwanted pregnancies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Can we use radiations like xray and gamma rays to destroy herpes virus lying dormant in the nerves? Is it possible to cure herpes with co2 and yad lasers? What are the recent advances made in the cure for herpes? Rational vaccines is making a vaccine for genital herpes can we bring it to india?
I don't want my wife's hymen broken while examining for std's, If Blood tests do not confirm all sides, how to know that my arranged marriage wife is free from all sides?
I have a kind of swell in my testicles. It doesn't pain. It just swells. Moves up and down when I cough. It's been there for six years now. Haven't shown to any doctor. Is it dangerous?
I had bilateral micro surgical varicocelectomy 18 days ago, because of testicle pain and discomfort and left testicle sagging, hanging lower. After surgery half of the pain reduced, but paining in right groin and right lower abdomen, still my left testicle sagging hanging lower and discomfort, is my surgery successful? My doctor said it will cure and operation successful. Is sneezing and coughing can hurt stitches?
I am 25 year old male person. I have low Testosterone problem doctor. I have all symptoms like Impotency, decreased interest in sex, unexpected weight gain, loss muscles strength and depression I need treatment doctor. Suggest me best solution for this problem doctor.
Afer suffering from depression for 2 years 2013 & 2014 I have low sex desire. i consulted a psychiatrist and now I am completely ok but my sex drive is still weak .i have sleeping disorder since 3 month. Can I get back to normal sex drive. .please help.
Me and my girl friend engaged in sex and I am not used condom. But not a vaginal intercourse but anal. Is that will be a problem or it cause any diseases in feature?
Hi sir/madam. Have sex with my girlfriend without any condom but I didn't allow my sperm to get into her pussy. I just let my sperm on ground and sometimes on my girlfriend's mouth. Does she gets any pregnancy.
I am gay. Which gay sex is very risk for my body. Most of boys drink my anus by his tongue. Is this problems for our body.
I am 26 year old male. I had sex with a girl with condom. There was no oral sex involved. After about a month I got fever, cold, cough, night sweat, swollen lymph node. Though I got well after taking medicine, it is not fully recovered I do have some cold and cough. I already had problem of cough before also. Some of these symptoms are same as HIV. I am afraid that I might have caught HIV.
Menopause automatically brings about a dip in testosterone and estrogen levels in a woman’s body. It leads to certain changes in the body and also reduces libido. A drop in libido means that sexual arousal becomes a cause of concern. This can bring in certain problems in your sexual/conjugal life. Lower estrogen levels reduce supply of blood to the vagina, thus resulting in lubrication problems. A dry vagina during sexual intercourse can lead you to experience pain during sex.
There are some other factors that can affect a woman’s libido after menopause:
1. Problems in sleep
2. Anxiety and depression
3. Problems of the bladder
4. Certain medications
5. High stress levels
To remedy lubrication problems, use water soluble lubricants to lubricate your vagina. Avoid using non-water soluble products such as petroleum jelly as it can weaken the latex. Non water soluble lubricants are also known to aggravate bacterial vaginosis. You may also use vaginal moisturizers to address the issue. There are oral medications that are available, which cause the tissues of the vagina to thicken, thus causing less pain during sex.
Improving your libido
You can opt for estrogen therapy to reduce pain during sex as this therapy helps in vaginal lubrication. The main objective of estrogen therapy (Hormone Replacement Therapy) is to ease the discomforts associated with a deficiency of estrogen secretion in the body. You should consult a professional who will be able to guide and counsel you.
Certain other measures to rev up your libido have been listed below:
- Indulge in foreplay: Try and include activities such as oral sex and erotic massages in your agenda. Experimentation with foreplay can help spice things up between you and your partner.
- Try out new things: Change your sex poses, read erotic books or watch erotic videos as these may help in boosting your libido.
Bear in mind that menopause does not prevent STDs; you still need to take proper precautions before engaging in sexual intercourse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.