Submit a review for mohd shadYour feedback matters!
Peppermint tea is a herbal tea which we know are infusions or tisanes. This tea is used as natural remedies for a wide range of health problems. It is a soothing beverage and offers a host of health benefits, particularly for those suffering from headaches, sinus problems or stomach issues. It is also an effective health tonic for your body. Peppermint tea is one of the most widely used and the most respected for its uses and benefits that you must know about.
Benefits of drinking peppermint tea:
- Remedy for headaches: Peppermint tea is very helpful in treating headaches. It is more effective in staunching headaches that are caused by stress or a poor diet. These headaches typically restrict blood vessels in the brain, causing pain. Usually, pain killers relieve the pain by relaxing the blood vessels in the brain. Peppermint tea also does the same, it opens up the brain's constricted blood vessels, bringing instant relief.
- Peppermint oil in aromatherapy is also used against headaches and colds.
- Remedy for sinus problems: Peppermint contains Menthol which gives it its refreshing flavour. Menthol also helps peppermint fight sinus problems. The menthol in peppermint helps in sinus problems by calming inflamed mucous membranes in the sinuses and throat and by thinning the mucous so it is less likely to block the sinus passageways. Menthol also acts as a decongestant which means it breaks down phlegm and mucous congestion. You can breathe in the steam from peppermint tea to help your sinus become mucous free.
- Remedy for stomach upsets: Peppermint tea is a real stomach healer as it soothes and heals stomach aches, pains, and cramps. Peppermints also get rid of heartburn, gas/flatulence, indigestion and diarrhoea. Peppermint oil is extremely effective against irritable bowel syndrome or IBS.
- Remedy of the brain: Peppermint tea improves brain function and makes you more mentally alert and also improves memory retrieval. Peppermint thus is extremely useful if you are driving back home after a stressful day. It’s also useful for students and those who suffer from stress induced health problems because it calms you down.
- Remedy for menstrual cramps: Peppermint tea is known to ease constricting muscles. This is the reason it’s very useful for athletes as well as people suffering from anxiety. For this reason, it’s also particularly effective in treating cramps caused due to the constricting the muscles in the walls of the uterus.
Other ways it helps is due to its antimicrobial and antiseptic properties, which makes it one hell of an effective skin cleanser and great for fighting bacterial infections when applied topically. It also acts as an analgesic and a treatment for skin disorders like rashes. It also has been shown to break down "bile stones" and reduce bad breath.
I am suffering from sneezing in every morning for last 2 years but the sneezing it is gone in afternoon.
I've heard that chia seeds lead to infertility in men, is this true or not? PS. Chia seeds for weight loss.
Which dry fruit we can consume in morning? Fig almond raisin or all of these. Please suggest can we take honey with dry fruit. If any other effective way for health of honey and dry fruit please suggest us. heartily Thanks a lot.
I do decent amount of physical work as I am into Civil construction so have regular site visits. But I also travel a lot so it's difficult for me to maintain a similar schedule on a daily basis. Also I have to eat outside. Can you suggest me a diet plan & physical activity which can help me maintain my health.
Midnight snack craving is basically a craving for food when you wake up in the middle of the night. Midnight cravings can lead to weight gain if you binge eat on a regular basis. It is important that you accept the situation and take steps to rectify it.
A majority of the foods that you consume are mostly empty calories such as cookies and sugar based food. If you don't control these cravings, then it may lead to tremendous weight gain. Here are a few tips to control your midnight snack craving -
- Eat your Dinner Properly: It is important that you eat a well-balanced dinner that consists of carbohydrates, protein and fats. If you don't eat a proper dinner, then the chances of eating later and subsequent binge eating go up drastically.
- Include Fiber: Add fiber to your diet as fiber helps you in feeling full. Eat fiber rich foods such as beans, lentils and broccoli which promote a feeling of satiety.
- Green Tea: Drink a cup of green tea after eating as it will help you sleep better.
- Stay Hydrated: Make sure that you are properly hydrated as it will prevent food cravings. Dehydration may also lead to other health complication such as skin problems.
- Consume Yoghurt: Consume portions of yoghurt as it contains probiotic bacteria that help in keeping your digestive system healthy. It also promotes a feeling of satiety as it contains protein.
- Plan an Activity: Don't immediately go to bed after dinner, instead go for a walk or play with your pet. Make sure that you spend some time after dinner prior to retiring for bed.
- Eat Healthy: If you do have cravings then go for healthy choices such as eating salads and fruits. Focus on foods such as cucumber, jackfruits and apples.
- Protein: Make sure you add protein to your diet as protein helps in muscle building. It also makes you fuller so that you eat less. Include foods such as eggs, chicken and fish to your diet.
- Exercise: Exercise on a regular basis. This increases the secretion of endorphins in your body which improve your wellbeing and promote happiness. It will help you sleep better and reduce your craving to eat unhealthy foods.
I am 57 years male. Have got sneezing, running nose, and lots of yellowish sputum. Feel sick, although no fever. Started with sore throat about 6 days back. Tried gargling with hot salt water. Throat now ok but sputum persists. Please suggest a medicine for removal of lung congestion.
Khaana khaane ke kitni der pehle aur kitni der baad pani pina chahiye? Aur kya khane ke sath pani pina chahiye?
Sir/madam, please consult me.I have loose my appetite for the last 2-3 weeks, could not eat anything, So, what should I prefer for this Please suggest me something?
What is the best time to take fruit juice. I drink milk in morning can I replace this by fruit juice?
Hello when I drink green tea? Early morning empty stomach or after Breakfast. Please suggest me. Which time is more benefit to drink green tea.
If I eat light dinner, I probably wake up midnight with an empty stomach. It again ruins my sleep. What should I do?
I have PCOS. Will a moderate ketogenic-diet help? I consume around 150gns of carbs each day as of now, should it be more less? I am student, so I can't cook at home.
I am suffering from cold and headache for last 2 days. I have taken PCM & montiebest-c at yesterday night and today morning but still I am not feeling well. Sir please suggest any more medicine.
Tulsi raw tea ko bnaane ka sahi tarika kyaa hai? Aur usko bnaane ke 15 minute baad pine se koi nuksan to nhi hai?
For many people, the only source of calcium is their daily dose of milk. However, vegans, lactose intolerant people, and those who are not too fond of milk have a substitute in almond milk. While it gives the same amount of nutrients, it does not have as many calories and also has a host of other health benefits.
It is creamy, nutty, and is fortified with vitamins D, B, and E. The calcium component is slightly low as compared to normal milk and therefore additional calcium intake should be planned for. Some of the significant health benefits include:
- Calorie cutting: A cup of unsweetened almond milk gives only about 30 calories. Compare and contrast this with 146 calories in whole milk, 122 calories in 2% milk, 102 calories in 1% milk, and 86 calories in skim milk. While almond milk per se does not help you lose weight, using it as a substitute for other higher calorie drinks definitely helps in losing weight.
- Effect on blood sugar: It contributes much less calories than cow’s milk and so does not push up sugar levels. It also has a low glycemic index, therefore will not be stored as fat.
- Added fiber: Almond milk provides higher content (5 g) of dietary fiber per cup. This is higher than regular milk and helps reduce hunger and prevents obesity. Using the high-fiber almond milk for breakfast along with bran cereals can help reduce hunger pangs and keep you full for longer periods of time
- Digestion: The good amount of fiber aids digestion overall. It is also lactose free and so a good substitute for milk for lactose-intolerant people (about 25% of the general population).
- Heart Healthy: The absence of cholesterol, reduced sodium, and good amounts of omega fatty acids make it extremely heart healthy.
- Bone Friendly: Though it contains less amount of calcium, it supplies about 30% of the daily calcium needs and about 25% of the required vitamin D levels. The result is improved better teeth, healthier bones, and reduced risk of osteoporosis and arthritis.
- Glowing skin: The high content of vitamin E (about 50% of daily dose) with its antioxidant properties protects the skin against sun damage, leading to increased glow.
- Muscle strength and healing: Almond milk contains plenty of vitamin B and iron and riboflavin which promote healing and improve muscle strength.
- Protein content: Almond milk contains only about 1 g (silk almond) to 5 g (fiber varieties). However, cow’s milk has about 8 g and therefore protein substitutes should be looked at.
The next time you are not keen on drinking cow’s milk, try the almond milk. It is proven to be tastier too!