Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
In Vitro Fertilization (Ivf) Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Sperm Donor Program
Natural Cycle Ivf Treatment
Management of High-Risk Pregnancy
Artificial Insemination Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Egg Donation Procedure
Treating Disorders of The Unborn Child
Fertilisation In Vitro - Embryo Transfer (Ivf - Et
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (Icsi) Procedure
Embryo Donor Program
Submit a review for Srijan vatsalaya hospital pct ltdYour feedback matters!
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs in the ovaries, often in multiples, which are very common in women. This is absolutely different condition from polycystic ovaries. Most of them are benign and not indicative of an underlying problem. They produce no specific symptoms and even if detected, can be watched over a period of time. Treatment may be required only if there are serious symptoms or there is higher possibility of cancerous nature of the cyst. Read on to know more.
- Functional: There are two types in this. The follicular variety is when the egg that is ready for fertilization does not completely shrink and stays for a few more days before it disappears. Another variety, the luteal ovarian cysts are formed when after the release of the egg, there is blood filling up in the corpus luteum.
- Pathological: There are many types here – dermoid, cystadenomas, endometriomas, cancerous cystadenocarcinomas etc. These are worrisome and need to be treated. Both varieties, once identified, should be monitored. The functional variety, though may not cause a problem, can cause infertility and so necessitate treatment.
Any ovarian follicle larger than 2 cm can be called as an ovarian cyst. They are usually benign and do not produce any symptoms. However, if they turn pathologic or grow in size, they can cause various symptoms such as:
- Irregular menstruation
- Heavy bleeding
- Intermittent spotting
- Painful and/or frequent urination
- Severe, recurrent abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Constipation or loose motions
- Nausea, sudden vomiting
- Fever, dizziness, and weakness
While cysts are often quiet and do not produce any symptoms, they can cause intermittent, nonspecific symptoms like above. If there is a family history of ovarian cancers in mothers, maternal aunt, Sisters, Grandmothers etc then women should have regular Gynaecological checkups to have a check done for ovarian cysts.
Why go for laparoscopic surgery?
- Laparoscopic surgery is considered to be one of the most effective ways of treating the condition of ovarian cysts. During the surgery, problem causing non-cancerous cyst can be removed without harming the ovaries. In the case of cancer, both ovaries along with uterus etc may have to be removed. This decision is taken by the operating surgeon depending upon age of the patient, characteristics and nature of the cyst and future fertility desires of the patient.
- The patient is given general anesthesia during the surgery. After the surgery, one is suggested to rest for a day and may be permitted to return to normal activities within a day’s time. However, one needs to avoid any strenuous activity for almost a week.
- While some cysts can be watched for years, others need treatment. This would be specifically true in cases where the couple is facing infertility issues or if there is a higher possibility of cancerous cysts. Such cysts need urgent intervention and should be monitored by a gynecologist with an experience in oncology. There are few blood tests that are needed to be done to know the nature of the cyst if it is benign or cancerous.
Although STDs are capable of affecting both genders, the impact on men and women is different. In women, this problem can cause long-term issues such as infertility in women. Although most STDs can be readily treated as soon as the symptoms surface, some cases might not throw up any symptom. Some of the curable STDs that can affect women are discussed below:
Gonorrhoea: This STD is caused by bacteria living in mucous membranes of the vagina, urethra, mouth, rectum and eyes and is capable of spreading through contact. The symptoms in women include excessive discharge from the vagina, abdominal cramps, pain in the pelvic region and bleeding from the vagina after sex.
Chlamydia: This STD is a result of a bacterial infection of ‘Chlamydia trachomatis’. Symptoms in females include burning sensation during urination, unusual vaginal discharge and bleeding between periods. Without treatment, the infection might spread to the urinary tract which could potentially cause PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) which is capable of causing problems in pregnancy and even infertility.
Genital Herpes: Genital herpes is generally caused by the herpes simplex virus-2 (HSV-2) or the herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1). The virus is commonly known to be the chief cause of cold sores. Symptoms may appear soon after infection and usually are severe. This includes blisters, which turn into raw and painful sores that scab and heal over time. This might be accompanied by swollen lymph nodes and fever.
Chancroid: This infection is caused by the bacterium ‘Haemophilus Ducreyi’. It occurs most commonly in the vulva (the female external genital organ that includes the clitoris, labia as well as the opening of the vagina). The condition starts out as a tender lump that appears during the incubation period after intercourse. The incubation period generally ranges between 3-10 days. The bump turns into an ulcer i.e. an open sore, due to the death of the cells. This is usually painful.
Syphilis: It is caused by the bacterium ‘Treponema pallidum’ and the disease mainly occurs if you have sexual intercourse without any protection, that too with multiple sexual partners. The other mode of infection is blood transfusion. Symptoms of Syphilis include appearance of ulcers around the genitals or the oral region known as a chancre, severe rashes around the hand or feet coupled with other symptoms of mild fever, headache, throat pain and immense fatigue.
Hi Dr. I have abort more den 6 years paas n now I am not able too conceive n Dr. told me DAT coz of abortion my endometrium is low its 3.5 so please suggest me please I want to have child I don't have single child please.
Meri shadi ko 1 saal ho gaya h.Ab me family planning karna chahta hu to mujhe valuable tips share kijiye. For healthy and useful planing.
When endometrial tissue goes out of the uterus in women, then endometriosis occurs. In most of the cases, lower tummy and pelvic areas of women show the prominent symptoms of this disease. Symptoms of this disease can be either severe or mild but immediate medical diagnosis is required so that unwanted symptoms can be effectively prevented.
Surgery, hormone treatment and painkillers are the most prominent treatments that can deal with the concerned trouble, but you can also follow a few natural therapies in this respect. Excessive intake of contraceptive pills can be one of the leading reasons for endometriosis, but you can also inherit this from your family or ancestors.
List of the symptoms of Endometriosis:
- Painful periods: If pain continues throughout the periods, then you get yourself checked as you may have developed endometriosis. These pains can even be quite severe making the situation quite troublesome to bear. If you find that you are facing unusual menstrual pain, then you should not delay and rather immediately consult your nearest gynaecologist.
- Bleeding periods: Sometimes, bleeding periods can be one of the clear symptoms that can help you to recognize the arrival of endometriosis. Therefore, if you notice excessive bleeding, then you should consult any specialized doctor immediately.
- Pregnancy difficulty: Reduced fertility might create a greater trouble for conceiving, and thus you might get deprived bearing children. This is one of the most prominent or highlighting symptoms of endometriosis. Endometriosis clumps interrupt egg passage as a result of which the eggs cannot reach the fallopian tube via ovary. You can take the help of your gynaecologist so that the clumps can be reduced with the help of proper treatments.
- Pelvic area and abdomen pain: You will often experience a worse kind of pain, especially in the pelvic and abdomen areas during and before periods. Sometimes, the pain might even linger after the menstrual period is over. There are many women who take medications for reducing this kind of pain, but this is not the right procedure, rather proper treatment is needed for getting complete recovery on a permanent note.
- Painful sex: You will face a lot of troubles while making intercourse or sexual interaction with your partner, and this pain can be even severe at times. If you are facing painful sex for a long time, then you should immediately report the same to any experienced medical professional.
Sadi ke 2 sal gye Mai pregnant nhi ho pa rhi hu .hmare aur hamare husband ke sari reports normal aane ke bad do ne mera diagnosis kiya jiska report "endometrium is in proliferative phase" aaya uske bad doctor ne bola ki jab periods hoga uske agle din aana uske bad se medicine start krenge Lekin 13 din extra ho gye hmari periods nhi Hui. Please mujhe pura details me samjhaye ki hmari problem kya hai aur period ke time hi q Bulaya gya hai mujhe periods ke agle din se hi medicine q start kiya jayega aesa kaun sa problem hai. Kya hmari problem jyada Gambhir to nhi hai n. Mujhe kitne Dino tak medicine Lena pad sakta hai. Please mujhe pura details me samjhaye.
Hamari Saadi ke 2 sal ho gye Mai pregnant nhi ho pa rhi hu. Hamare aur hmare husband ke sari reports aane ke bad doctor ne mera diagnosis kiya jiska report aaya "endometrium is in proliferative phase" uske bad doctor ne mujhe bola ki jab mc aayega tab aana uske bad medicine start krenge mera 13 din jyada ho gya Abhi tak mc nhi hua hai. Please mujhe pura details me bataye ki mera problem kya hai aur doctor ne mujhe periods me hi q Bulaya hai kya Meri koi Gambhir problem to nhi hai n.Meri Jo bhi problem hai use normal hone me kitna time lag sakta hai medicine start karne ke bad. Period jaldi hone ke liye koi medicine le Sakti hu.
Sir, I am diagnose with a problem. I am married. But I have no children. Please suggest me something.
Hi Mera miscarriage 23 August ko hua Tha. Doctor ne Hume 3 months dobara conceive karne ko suggest kia h, mera weight 80 kg h n height 5.4" Age 31 hai. Ab me healthy pregnancy chahti hu. Kisi b problem type problem na aaye please suggest kijiye me Kya karu? Mujhe lagta h mujhe thoda boht depression b ho gaya h.Me isi weight k sath healthy pregnancy chahti hu. Depression ki vajah se me weight reduce b nahi Kar pa rahi hu. Please Suggest what should I do.
I am suffering from other pcos. I am trying to conceive but I failed. Someone told me to do exercise so I joined the gym. So I am asking whether it's OK to do gym. While I am trying to conceive? N which all exercises should I do in gym so that my fertility is increased?
Due to miscarriage occurred one year ago on that time I did torch test with consultation of my Doctor My torch test report shows IGG is positive and IGM is negative What does it mean? Is their big problem to me conceive child.
I'm 32 years female, we are planning for pregnancy and my periods are regular now. Gynaec suggested me pregcert sr tablet and told us it wnt affect if I'm conceived. Im scared, if I conceive, will this tablet affect and stop pregnancy?
Not everyone can conceive a baby easily. The inability to conceive a baby despite having intercourse during the fertile window in a woman’s menstrual cycle for over a year is termed as infertility. Infertility does not affect only the physical health of a woman, but also her mental and emotional well-being as well as the couple’s social health.
In some cases, infertility can be treated with Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, a couple needs to be both physically and mentally strong and healthy. Ayurveda believes that a lack of nutrition in the shukra dhatu or the person’s reproductive tissue is the cause of infertility. This can be triggered by indigestion, anxiety, depression, insomnia and the presence of toxins in the body. Some of the ways Ayurveda can be used to treat infertility are as follows:
- Eat cool foods: Spicy food can affect the quality of shukra dhatu and lower the quality and quantity of both sperm and ovum. This is because shukra dhatu requires a cool environment to promote fertility. Hence, eat food that is easy to digest and which has a cooling effect on the body. Men can benefit from foods like asparagus, dates and almonds, while foods like quinoa and pineapples can help a woman conceive easily.
- Shirodhara therapy: Shirodhara involves the movement of liquid over the forehead in a rhythmic manner at specific points. This stimulates the hypothalamus, pituitary and pineal glands and aids in the secretion of hormones including follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). When it comes to women, FSH stimulates the ovarian follicles into releasing an egg without which it would be impossible to conceive a child.
- Fight stress: One of the effects of stress is reduced libido. Prolonged exposure to stress is often a major factor that contributes to infertility. When it comes to women, stress makes a woman ovulate less regularly. In men, stress can affect the sperm production and affect testosterone levels. To fight stress, try deep breathing exercises like alom vilom or keep a little time aside each morning for a walk or light exercise.
- Lodhra: This herb is very beneficial in treating women with infertility. It stimulates FSH and luteinising hormones (LH) and lowers the risk of a miscarriage. It also increases chances of conception. Lodhra should be taken twice a day along with honey and milk.
- Lifestyle changes: Ayurveda is not only about herbal medicines but also following the right lifestyle. Bad habits like smoking, drug usage and alcohol not only affect a person’s overall health but also interfere with fertility. Hence, when trying to conceive a child, quit these bad habits and try following a healthier lifestyle that involves following a routine, eating right and exercising regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.