Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Alappuzha. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tom C Babu
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Psychoanalysis for Suicide
Therapy Oral Language
Psychoanalysis for Mourning
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Psychotherapy For Couples
Submit a review for Dr. Tom C BabuYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Is every little ulcer under the tongue in mouth due to smoking a cancer? Because I have a little ulcer under the tongue for almost three years. I have leukoplakia near the ulcer area and some time I feel pain on the ulcer. I am a smoker. Will the ulcer disappears by it's own if I can leave smoking?
HI doctor I am 19 years old. I am over tensed about everything. Does over Stress or fear causes psoriasis? Does fear of psoriasis diseases causes it?
Hi sir/madam, I'm 21. I want to know whether I'm stable or not. I don't know why I'm like this. I don't know whether I'm normal or not. From a long time I'm suffering from extreme emotions. (I can't explain correctly so I'll day some examples how I feel) For example: when I listen to a song and it is based on friendship I recollect when I spend time with friends and I can't control my feeling. I feel like I want to relive in that moment and I feel like I want to run and search for that moment. That feeling is extreme I can't control that sometimes I feel like I want to cry, sometimes I feel like I want to run and find something. And I used to check things again and again. Example: when I try to put bottle cap. And ill check whether I did it properly or not. I know it placed properly but I can not control myself to check it again and again. I think its not rotated properly so I used to rotate and rotate sometimes the cap has broken because to rotating too tight. I'm trying to do things but I can't. Basically when I feel like I want to become like someone I used to think I'm already like them and enjoying with them and I can completely feel that. For example: I like cricket when someone score a hundred I feel like I did that I use to think what I'll do at that time. And completely thinking about it entire the day. And I can't concentrate on things I'm doing. When I saw a aeroplane I feel like I want to be in that aeroplane and somebody in that plane are enjoying I also want to enjoy like them and I can't control myself I want to go and do something to stay there. I'm day dreamer what I do I'm not doing with focus a situation strikes in my mind and use to think of it continuously. And when I try to start a think I fell like I can't do that so I stop doing it (at beginning or in between) When I saw a negative situation I feel that it happened to my and I know its not good I want to divert my mind but I can't do that. I will try to come out from that situation but I can't. I'm afraid to do a things. If I want to study a topic I think like this I didn't listen to that topic in classes. Can I read it and if I listen to class I think I can read well and if a bought video class of that topic when I try to listen I feel I think its not the correct time to study and according to survey we can concentrate for 15 min only this class is for 1 hour can I listen to it. I think I can't listen to it. I feel like this. But once I'm in that I try to do things better. I didn't said about my feelings to anyone till now. Even my patents also don't know it. I'm facing some situations from my childhood I don't know that makes me a person like this. I feel so sad sometimes I want to cry but I didn't do that. I use to keep that feeling inside me. I'm not living life that I like. From pasy 2 days anger increasing in me. I want to break something in that anger but I think it cost to much so I won't break. When I want to discuss something with my parents they say something but I don't like that. I can't do it against to them. I feel like I'm dying in that problem. And I'm thinking now that I can't spend time with my family because they won't understand me so I'll be alone I like my mother a lot (my father will not do any work my mom take care of me andsisterfrom our childhood) when I try to say something I like and I want to do it she says we can't to that because of financial problem and even though when I show interest to that my mom says you are selfish you don't understand others. But the truth is I always understand others but others don't. I want to do things I like but I don't do that because I know my parents can't afford it and kill my though I'm understanding them but they says I'm not understanding them. My father don't do any work and make us trouble. I feel I'll be like him. Please help me I don't want to live like this and bcoz of text restrictions I can't say totally. Thank you.
Me electrical engennering kar raha hu. But mujhe kuch yad nahi raheta. Or kuch samajh mei bhi nahi aata.
My weight is around 135 kgs and due to depression i eat abnormally.I also find very hard to takes breaks in between two meals.What should i do to control my weight.I need to tell you that i have diabetes & hypertension as well.
Life has its ups and downs, but often we hold on to the downs for much longer than the actual event. While the trigger or anger, pain and hurt are beyond our control, the amount it can affect us is well within reach. Here are a few ways to cope better with emotional upsets.
- Give yourself a window to be upset: Be realistic and give yourself a time frame to give in to your emotions. Whether, angry, sad or frustrated tell yourself that you have only 1 day to be upset. In a way, this will diffuse the anger, frustration and once this time is over, you can start planning ahead.
- Take responsibility: Try analysing what you may have done to make the other person react in the way he or she did. Focus on what you could have done better and you will find yourself feeling more empowered.
- Get physical: Exercise and other forms of physical activity decrease stress hormones and increases the productions of endorphins or happy hormones that elevate the mind. Exercising also gives you time to focus on yourself without distractions.
- Express yourself: Whether it’s through art or writing, find an outlet for your emotions. This keeps it from being bottled up inside and gets the pain and frustration out of your system.
- Breathe: Breathing techniques like ujayii and anulom vilom can help calm the mind down when it is troubled and upset. These breathing techniques also keep your emotions from escalating.
- Get company: It is never a good idea to isolate yourself when you’re feeling blue. Instead, find people who you can open up to and share your thoughts with. This will give you a fresh perspective on what is going on.
- Look at both sides: No event is ever completely bad. No matter what may be troubling you look at both the good and bad sides of it. This can help minimise your loss and make it easier to let go of the problem.
- Do something different: The best way to get your mind off something is to give it something else to focus on. If you’re troubled by something that happened at work, go for a drive or play a sport. Similarly, if you’re having relationship trouble, go out with a few friends or read a book to take your mind off it.
- Visualize: Imagine the person or the event that is upsetting you as an object in your mind and visualise it melting away. Remind yourself that the anger or frustration you are feeling is worse than the person or event itself.
- Clean up: Organise your desk, your room or start cleaning up space around you. This will take attention away from whatever is troubling you and give you something to do. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.