Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Alappuzha. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. S. Anil Kumar .MbbsYour feedback matters!
I have suffering from piles since last year. I have taken medicines to recover from this and relaxed from this after taking of medicine. After some months pain begins and getting out some parts of pile while sitting in the toilet. Please appropriate advise may be provide.
I am addicted to masturbation daily. Is it unhealthy. What is the maximum number of times I can masturbate in a week.
I am a patient of jaundice and I want to cure my disease as soon as possible so please suggest me medicines.
Discussing ed problems with your partner
Communication plays one of the most important roles in any sexual relationship.
For most men who begin to detect the signs of erectile dysfunction, it can be a big challenge to admit it to their partner about the problem.
Emotions may run high and you may feel nervous or awkward and get stressed about your partner's reaction to it.
But always remember that your problem is also affecting your partner. And a clear discussion may be the first step to the diagnosis and treatment of your problem.
Try and get past the initial hesitation and talk it out to your partner. Feeling embarrassed about discussing your problem of erectile dysfunction can make your relationship even worse.
While it is not easy to communicate with your partner about your erection problems, it is imperative that you do so.
Here are a few tips for getting the conversation started.
1. Don't hesitate
Sometimes the most difficult part is just starting the conversation on this subject. Yet you need to explain the issue in plain simple words.
Admitting it your partner can be the first step to getting started on the road to recovery.
Make sure that you and your partner are comfortable and not stressed out at the time you choose to discuss the matter.
It might feel awkward at the beginning but once the conversation flows, it will be much easier for you to explain. Talking frankly about your problem will also increase the chances of winning the emotional support of your partner.
2. Discuss the treatment options
Because of the advancement in medicine, erection problems are much easily treated than ever before.
Once you have opened the discussion on this subject let your partner know that there are treatments available for this problem. This will give her hope and a positive attitude towards the situation.
Having your partner's support in taking the treatment will make it much easier for both of you to deal with it.
3. Be positive
Stay supportive and positive. Be more expressive about your feelings of love and attraction towards her. Let her know you care.
Focus more on emotional intimacy. Sometimes going bravely through such difficulties together makes the relationship even stronger.
Avoiding the issue of impotence will not make it disappear but will just raise the level of tension and frustration in the relationship.
Therefore, it's very important to discuss the issue with your partner and subsequently, seek medical help and counseling as soon as possible.
Keeping these things in mind, you can deal better with the problem of erectile dysfunction and reduce its impact on your relationship.
I am 59 years old. For the last few times, after having sex, I feel some burning at the top of penis which lasts overnight and after 2-3 urination, it vanishes. I asked my wife if she too feels, but she does not feel anything like that.
I'm having a body pain since last two days. I had started exercising. Any suggestions to help me relieve from this pain?
I am 22 years old I am suffering from piles its paining any tablets r thr except operation give me suggestion which food items I choose?
I have a problem of headache always. When I take medicine, my headache subsides until its effect. Then it occurs again. What is the permanent cure for headache?
I am having a masturbation addict and at this age this is a very serious issue for me dur to which I am not getting results after gyming. What to do help me out.
I feel very uneasy, for last 4 days that after lunch or dinner the pain arises from chest to belly and feeling week, what shall I do.
When my stomach is fit or with full gas o feel like to unable to breath. Recently undergone surgery for nose deviated nasal septum, sinus. Please tell me the exact reason for this. Thanks a lot and will consult you immediately based on your response.
Hello Doctor, I am facing problem of loud snoring. Also a little coughing or cough feeling since last few months. I am always feeling dull and lack of energy. How do I stop snoring and please guide me on sleep apnea.
I am 29 years old female. I have headache from last 2-3 days. I tried disprin but no use. Please suggest.
So here are the best foods to reduce cholesterol
Have a salmon fish dinner. Snack on a handful of nuts. Pour a dash of olive oil in your salad.
And bite into that sinister chocolate. Now you can do all this guilt-free! All these foods help in fighting bad cholesterol., 'You can reduce cholesterol in your blood by eating healthy foods'. So, here we are today with our list of cholesterol fighting foods.
1) Oats: If you change your morning meal to oats then you can do your cholesterol level a whole lot of good. Do note that two servings of oats can lower LDL cholesterol by 5.3% in only 6 weeks. Essentially, oats contain a substance called beta-glucan which absorbs bad cholesterol.
2) Red Wine: Here's yet another reason to toast to your health. The red grapes used in the manufacturing of red wine have an important effect on cholesterol levels. Two glasses of red wine in a week can do you a whole lot of good.
3) Salmon and fatty Fish: Full of Omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is a natural health wonder, which helps in keeping heart conditions such as heart attacks, stroke and high cholesterol levels at bay. Fishes such as salmon, sardines and herring help in raising good cholesterol levels by 4%.
4) Nuts: Mono-unsaturated fats (found in nuts, seeds etc.) have the lowest fatty acid molecules and are the best of the three fats, namely poly-saturated fats, saturated fats and mono-unsaturated fats. Nuts are the best way to get those required healthy fats into your body without feeling guilty. Since the fats that come from nuts are natural and are not chemically processed, this makes them heart healthy, filling, and nutritious options.
5) Beans: Excellent for the heart, ½ a cup of beans added in our diet (in the form of any dish or soup), helps in lowering cholesterol levels by 8%. You should try black, kidney, or pinto beans; each one of them supplies about one-third of your day's fiber needs.
6) Tea: Tea has antioxidants and less amounts of caffeine than coffee. An eight-ounce cup of coffee contains around 135 mg caffeine; tea contains only 30 to 40 mg per cup. Tea helps in protecting your bones because of the presence of phytochemicals in them. It is also a great defense against LDL cholesterol levels.
7) Chocolate: Chocoholics can celebrate with a healthy dose of dark chocolate as it is full of antioxidants and cholesterol-reducing properties. According to a Spanish study published in 2010 in the "Journal of Hepatology,", "the antioxidants in dark chocolate reduce the damage that can occur to blood vessels, which can further threaten the health of people with cirrhosis. The dark chocolate can help prevent the blood vessels in the liver from rupturing". Medical experts suggest that munching on 100 grams of chocolate every day helps in reducing the occurrence of cardiovascular mishaps by 21 percent.
8) Spinach: Popeye the sailor was quite right when crediting his muscle power to this green leafy vegetable. It is believed that spinach contains around 13 flavonoid compounds which keep us away from cancer, heart diseases and osteoporosis. 1/2 a cup of this lutein-rich food, daily, guards us against heart attacks.
9) Olive oil: This oil has many health benefits. It contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids which lower bad cholesterol and triglycerides, without lowering good cholesterol levels. Different stages of pressing and processing yield different varieties of olive oil. Extra virgin , Virgin , Pure , Pomace