Find numerous Diabetologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Diabetologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Diabetologists online in Ajmer. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 55 years old. I am a diabetic for the past 10years. Fbs-95-105, ppbs-140-170, hba1c-< 7.00. I am taking t- amaryl m 2mg before breakfast. T- tregenta 5mg after meals. T-telsartan 40mg in the morning for bp. T-zyloric 100*2 for uric acid problem. I have not a regular walking practice. I am taking alcohol 5days in a week -brandy 2 large (120ml). Now my problem is foot burning. Please give suggestions.
I had a diabetes since 2 yrs. Iam taking insulin 30 &14 units in morning and evening respectively. I want to take medicine instead of insulin. Is there any possibility to giveup insulin. Pls suggest me. Shall I go to any ayurvedic or homeopathy.
My age 41 years sir my random blood sugar is 117 check through finger. Can I eat anything or any precaution my father and mother also diabetic
Sir, my father is suffering with diabetics from past 30 years. Now he is 67. Please let me know the periodical tests to be done ?Thanks in advance.
Can diabetes medicine and hypertension medicine be taken together? Do they cause any side effect if taken together at once?
My father is having high blood sugar. He has tried many things but still it is high. I think the problem is because of his diet. Can you please prescribe me a healthy diet, which can help him reduce his sugar levels. Thank you.
Blood sugar plays an important role in your sex life. An estimated 381 million people in the world were diabetic in 2013 and by 2030 this number is expected to double. Diabetes can affect your performance or the way you feel about sex. It's just not a men's problem but women too have sexual problems that arise because of diabetes.
How Does Diabetes Affect Men and Women?
Men - Many sexual problems that men face are due to chronic high blood glucose. Erectile dysfunctions in men are often due to diabetes. Type 2 diabetes patients also run the risk for low testosterone levels, which can affect a man's desire for sex.
Women - Women having diabetes find it difficult to reach orgasm and the high blood sugar affects vaginal lubrication. The lack of lubrication not only reduces the sensation but makes sex more painful.
What can diabetics do to improve their sex life?
Here are 6 tips that can enhance your sex life if you're a diabetic:
1) Focus on pH: You should pay close attention to your blood sugar levels as an increased level can cause abnormal pH levels in your vagina, giving rise to chronic vaginal infections.
2) Eat right: Eating right can have a positive effect on your sex drive. Zinc helps in testosterone production and, thus, a diet rich in zinc is helpful for diabetic men. Good sources of zinc include cashews, red meat and crab.
3) Keeping Tab on your glucose level: Keeping a close check on the glucose level will help you avoid nerve damage and vaginal infections. It will also increase your overall health.
4) Exercise: This plays a pivotal role in reversing diabetes symptoms. It strengthens your heart, improves flexibility and stamina and also increases the blood flow to all the necessary areas.
5) Sleep Adequately: Sleeping soundly has been found to play an important role in controlling blood sugar. It is helpful in improving the sex-drive of diabetics.
6) Switch to sugar-free lubricant: Diabetics should keep tab on the lubricants. If you already have high levels of sugar in your vagina, adding more sugar to it is not advisory.
Can you please advise the fruits diabetics can take and those they should not are apple- pear -pomegranate- small bananas - pineapple -papaya - orange ok for diabetics?
I am 19 years old. I get tired easily. Im not able to sleep fell stress depressed. I too feel like diabetes symptoms. I feel very thirsty hunger. I go to washroom many times. Can I gey some solutions on this.
Dear Doctors, I am a Diabetic patient for the past 35 years and taking medicines and insulin two times regularly. Now as per last month Fasting blood sugar is 154 and PP is 234. I have tried Ayurvedic, homeopathy ,siddha medicines about 3 months (during that time I have stopped English medication and insulin) my sugar levels went up to 640) so for the five months I am taking English medication only. Apart from that I have a severe burning sensation below my hip to feet (Due to diabetic retinopathy) for that also I am taking medicines but no improvement and third point is I am having full body bones pain unable to fold leg and hand fingers (but checked with Doctor and no arthritis problem) Now you can tell me how can you cure my problem by Ayurvedic medicines . Thanks.
Tip 1: Get more physical activity
There are many benefits to regular physical activity. Exercise can help you:
• Lose weight
• Lower your blood sugar
• Boost your sensitivity to insulin — which helps keep your blood sugar within a normal range
Research shows that both aerobic exercise and resistance training can help control diabetes, but the greater benefit comes from a fitness program that includes both.
Tip 2: Get plenty of fiber
It's rough, it's tough — and it may help you:
• Reduce your risk of diabetes by improving your blood sugar control
• Lower your risk of heart disease
• Promote weight loss by helping you feel full
Foods high in fiber include fruits, vegetables, beans, whole grains, nuts and seeds.
Tip 3: Go for whole grains
Although it's not clear why, whole grains may reduce your risk of diabetes and help maintain blood sugar levels. Try to make at least half your grains whole grains. Many foods made from whole grains come ready to eat, including various breads, pasta products and many cereals. Look for the word "whole" on the package and among the first few items in the ingredient list.
Tip 4: Lose extra weight
If you're overweight, diabetes prevention may hinge on weight loss. Every pound you lose can improve your health, and you may be surprised by how much. Participants in one large study who lost a modest amount of weight — around 7 percent of initial body weight — and exercised regularly reduced the risk of developing diabetes by almost 60 percent.
Tip 5: Skip fad diets and just make healthier choices
Low-carb diets, the glycemic index diet or other fad diets may help you lose weight at first, but their effectiveness at preventing diabetes isn't known nor are their long-term effects. And by excluding or strictly limiting a particular food group, you may be giving up essential nutrients. Instead, think variety and portion control as part of an overall healthy-eating plan.