Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Sima Shaft
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Sima ShaftYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old and my height is 6'1" and my weight is 51 kg only. This is very low in respect of height. I have used many supplements but it was not useful for me. So please suggest me some weight gainer that are useful. And have no side effect.
There are many kinds of conditions and symptoms that require different kinds of surgery for treatment as well as diagnostic management. One such procedure is called a laparoscopy or the laparoscopic surgery. This is a surgical diagnostic management procedure that is known to be a low risk process with minimal invasion and suitable for various types of ailments. Read on to know everything about laparoscopic surgeries.
- Definition: A laparoscopic surgery is one where small incisions are made and an instrument called a laparoscope is used in order to take a look at the organs in the abdominal region. This tool is a long tube shaped one that comes with its own high intensity light and a high resolution camera that can easily move along the walls of the organs while the camera sends back imagery that will be displayed on a video screen in front of the doctor. This avoids the need for an open surgery and helps the doctors in getting samples for a biopsy on an outpatient basis.
- Need for Laparoscopy: This procedure is performed when the patient complains of persistent pain that is also sharp and shooting, in the abdomen region and surrounding areas like the pelvic cavity. This non-invasive method helps in diagnosis where other imaging methods like an ultrasound and CT or MRI scans would have failed to give a conclusive reason for the pain and suffering of the patient. When these tests do not supply enough reason for proper diagnosis, then the doctors usually resort to this kind of procedure.
- The Organs it can be used for: The laparoscopic surgery can be used for many organs including the appendix as well as the gall bladder, the pelvic region and the reproductive organs, the small and large intestines, the spleen, the stomach, the liver and the pancreas.
- What all can it Detect: The laparoscopic surgery can help in detecting a number of issues including any abnormal growth or mass that may be a tumour. It can also point at the presence of any disease in the liver, as well as the proper functioning of certain treatments. Also, it can show the amount of fluid that may or may not be present in the abdominal cavity and the extent of cancer's progression in the body.
- Risks: There are a few side effects or risks of this method including fever, chills, swelling, bleeding or redness of the site where the incision was made for the surgery, and shortness of breath. All these symptoms must be reported to the doctor immediately as they may point at the presence of an infection. Also, there is a risk of organ damage in this procedure.
Hello this is neelima my daughter is sixteen years old her weight is 36 and height is 4.11" inches can you please suggest to increase her weight and height.
Over thinking and confusion is not good for health? Due to over thinking, my weight is reduced. I am underweight and male. Pls advise.
What is the right way to lose weight other than gym? How can be the fats accumulated in chest be reduced?
I have hair fall and my hair is too rough and also my wiegt is very much I have too lose my weight. If I am eating something it does not digest properly.
I want to grow height weight and body growth naturally. What I want to do and which food can I take for body growth height and weight.
I want to gain weight ,for that I was planed to go for gym, so is it correct what I was planed ,can I go ahead, and what should I have to gain my weight?
I am 24 years old. My height is 5'2 amd weight is 57 kgs. I am thinking that I am too fat and I want to reduce my weight as soon as possible with diet. My arms are very fatty. Tell me how to reduce extra fat in arms.
Whether heating food in a electric oven using oven friendly food grade plastic containers is safe for health. Or does it act as risk factor for any Cancer.
Whole Wheat Or Maida ??
The coating of wheat grain contains b complex vitamins. When this coating or husk is removed while grinding, it becomes maida or refined floor. Maida is used for all bakery products like bread, biscuits and cake. Some indian sweets also contain maida. It's obvious that people don't get the vitamins when maida is eaten. Besides, whole wheat contains fibres. The husk of wheat contains fibres, which has multiple functions. The fibres slows down absorption of cholesterol and sugars from gut, thus prevent high cholesterol and high blood sugar. Fibres are also good for prevention of constipation. Fibres for bulk of stools. In us, the high incidence of colin cancer is attributed to lack of fibres in the food. In most of western and mediterranean countries consumption of bread as staple food is very high. Colon cancer is highly prevalent in these countries.
We indians have started liking pizzas, burgers, cakes, pastries, biscuits and vada pav on massive scale. The incidence of diabetes, heart disease, thyroid and many other diseases are rising in young generation. One of the reason for such high incidence of deadly diseases is maida. Eat whole wheat not maida for good health.