Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Healthy Heart Diet
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. Sima ShaftYour feedback matters!
To determine whether a person is diabetic or not sugar level should be checked on daily basis or hba1c is the proper test which gives average sugar levels of 6 to 10 weeks as written in the same.
If swallows many mosquito accidentally and if it have any blood of disease or virus in its body is it attack to swallows person?
Hi, I am 28 years old. My problem is my weight have 58kg. So I request to you that you are suggest me a good solution. I have married women and I have 2 kids.
I am getting fatty day by day. Belly fat, fat around thighs, around shoulder, around face, around breast. How to reduce allover fat.
Sir I am 27 years old my height is 5.1"-5.2" and my current weight is 55. I am pcod patient so would I need to reduce weight or what would be my normal weight.
1. Its convenient to do at home so don’t need to go out for activity. Yoga based on simple posture and breathing techniques burn 175 Kcal per hours same as Slow Walk and Power yoga burn 300 Kcal same as Brisk walk.
2. Yoga gives inner peace and reduce stress helps to reduce stress hormone and increase fat metabolism for weight loss.
3. Yoga May Make Your body more sensitive to insulin, so it can helps you achieve a normal body weight and Normal Blood Sugar level .
4. Gives truly healthy body not only just physically fit but also mentally and emotionally balanced
5. Improve digestion process which help to proper utilisation of food into the body.
6. Improve confidence, motivation and develop positivity help to follow diet plan properly.
7. Practice to include yoga in your daily routine give strong and flexible body which keep you young by your mind, energy and physic.
8. Enhance energy and Immunity help to people to finish daily task properly on time which balance work and life.
9. Increases Self-control and motivation helps people who wants to quit alcohol , Smoking etc
10. Yoga and meditation work on keeping the mind happy and peaceful make your family environment happy. It’s effective for all age group.
“KEEP YOURSELF HEALTHY WITH HEALTHY DIET AND YOGA TO MAKE HEALTHY AND DISEASE FREE INDIA”
By Dietitian Arti Jain
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes widespread body pain along with sleep deficits, memory loss, mood problems and fatigue. Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint
disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests, but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always "complaining of pain".
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain: Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back,neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue: Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people, but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties: These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhoea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc
Diagnosis of fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialised in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises, swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.