Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rozmin KananiYour feedback matters!
Hi, i'm 26 years old and off late I could fine yellowish in my tooth, how do I prevent it from decaying?
My tongue have white color for past few days and I am not able to taste and eat properly. what should I do? Please help me.
I m just 20 years old, today I have seen a blood coming out from my gums. Is it a symptom of pyria? If it is, then please suggest me some home remedies because I don't like medicines because of their side effects.
My inside cheek of the left jaw is swollen from inside. The swollen is not much but it's very difficult to chew the food as sometimes it comes between the teeth and Pains. What should I do?
After brushing also I am getting bad breath while talking to others. I am unable control the bad breath. Can you suggest me how get out from this. Please give good suggestion.
My wife is suffering from blister in mouth since last 3 years and we are very worried about her. What should we do? pls help us.
My teeth's are not straight. It comes in front. So I want to straight it. Please tell me what to do & how many cost it take.
I'm 19F. My teeth are getting yellow even though I brush my teeth properly. I'm feeling shy please help me through this.
I am a 37 years old male and I smoker. Since from the last few days i am feeling pain in my teeth in the lower jaw. Just yesterday I noticed a white thin line inside my mouth. I am worried now as I feel that it could be mouth ulcer or mouth cancer. Kindly, help me to figure it out.
Essential oils for healthy teeth and gums
Essential oils are fantastic for helping to keep your teeth and gums healthy and strong. I'm using dreaming earth's germ buster blend for my oral hygiene routine because it contains so many healing essential oils for healthy teeth and gums, all in one go. I am almost three weeks into my natural dental health 'experiment' (see previous post). I can report that my mouth continues to feel much cleaner. My teeth and gums feel stronger. Maybe it's just my imagination, but my skin feels softer, too. These are hardly scientific findings, but they are enough for me to want to continue on. I'll keep you posted on my experience with oil pulling and natural toothpaste in future posts. If you are interested in making your own toothpaste or mouthwash, here are some ideas.
Which essential oils are best for healthy teeth and gums?
Peppermint and spearmint essential oils are both antiseptic oils which help to treat pain. They are great in a mouthwash or toothpaste, which is why they are such prevalent flavors in oral hygiene products. Peppermint and spearmint oils are also very effective in combating bad breath.
Clove oil is one of my favorite essential oils for healthy teeth and gums. It helps fight germs and, like peppermint numbs pain and fights bad breath. Because clove is so intense, make sure to dilute it well before using.
Rosemary essential oil is a good disinfectant and takes care of mouth odor. Plus, it tastes good!
When it comes to a great all-purpose oral health oil, reach for manuka or tea tree essential oil. For oral hygiene, these are both invaluable - helping to fight germs, heal cold sores and kill bad breath.
Myrrh oil is very good for oral hygiene in that it strengthens gums, and has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
Eucalyptus essential oil is a germicide that has been reported to fight plaque build-up, gingivitis and prevent cavities!
Lemon essential oil is antiseptic, strengthens gums and helps to whiten teeth.
Cinnamon essential oil is good for bad breath and has pain-killing properties.
How to use these? the nice thing is you can mix and match with what you have on hand, experimenting until you get a flavor you like. I like the following healthy mouth blend:
10 drops peppermint, 5 drops spearmint, 5 drops cinnamon, 5 drops clove, 5 drops tea tree or manuka, 5 drops lemon essential oils. Blend these together, and add to 8 oz of water. I'd recommend adding a few drops of carrier oil (such as almond or jojoba) to the water to help disperse the essential oils. If you use just water you'll need to shake well each time before using. After brushing, add a few drops to your toothbrush and gently brush teeth and gums. Rinse and spit - do not swallow! or, use as a mouth rinse after brushing. You can adjust the strength to your taste by making the essential oil concentration stronger or more diluted. Also, see our last blog posting on natural homemade oral hygiene products for some simple recipes.
Lastly, if you want to keep it simple, try our germ buster blend - it already combines many of these essential oils to great effect. It tastes good and leaves my mouth feeling super clean all day long. Here's to a fresh, clean, healthy mouth!
My wife is 7 weeks pregnant and now wisdom tooth is appearing and it is paining her a lot and she is not able to eat/chew something Please suggest some medicine/ gel which will relief her pain and will not affect the baby.
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.