Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Homeopaths online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bindu Vijayvergiya
Submit a review for Dr. Bindu VijayvergiyaYour feedback matters!
I am very slim. Mujhey bahut kamjori mahsoos hota h aur khana khane ka bhi man nahi karta h please koi upay batayein.
Sir I have a night fall problem from last 2 years pls guide to me, m in very much problem with the issue. I want to develop my physique like a body builder but this night fall problem sucks me. Pls guide ANKIT PANDEY.
Hi, I have been found recently hepatitis b positive andi am depressed now. As per the doctor I need medication and in my DNA PCR report the viral load is high. I would like you to explain me more about this and how to cure this. As if now I didn't start medication and I also did the ultrasound and doctor said you don't have any damages. All the body organs are working well. In my report anti antibody was negative, what it means.
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
Most people know all about Asthma, how dangerous it is and most importantly, with the rising levels of pollution and irritants how people are getting affected by it all over the world. Just like famous events, incidents and festivals have their special date in the calendar, May 1 apart from being the International Labour Day, holds another significant stance worldwide. As it is celebrated as the World Asthma Day. This day marks the initiation of the Asthma awareness campaign worldwide.
Understanding Asthma in brief
Asthma is a long-term respiratory condition, in which the airways of the human system may unexpectedly and suddenly narrow, often in response to an allergen, cold air, exercise or emotional stress. Common symptoms include wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, and coughing.
Why is Asthma Day important?
World Asthma Day is celebrated every year on the first Tuesday of May. This year it falls on 1st May. The day is celebrated to spread awareness about Asthma and how people all over the world can spread it amongst their families. Therefore to commemorate the event and educate the students in school and parents at home, World Asthma day was commenced. The aim of this campaign is to make people understand the types of Asthma that can affect them and immediate safety tips so as to ensure that the severity of the disease can be curtailed.
Things to keep in mind about Asthma
All over the world, there are several people who do not opt for Asthma treatment and that proves to be a fatal mistake later on in life. Chronic Asthma disease can be easily prevented by a simple treatment in the initial stages. People who suffer from Asthma often face chronic attacks if they forget to carry their inhaler and different kinds of allergies are also very fatal for asthma people.
Things that can trigger Asthma in people
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Pet Dander
- Certain foods
- Exposure to chemicals
- Excessive physical activity
- 39-50% Of Sinusitis patients have Asthma also
- Extremely cold conditions
Signs someone is suffering from Asthma
- Persistent coughing
- Difficulty in breathing
- Tightness in chest
Diagnosis and severity are established by a simple air blowing test known as Spirometry.
Severe cases may require special blood test known as Arterial Blood Gases to look at blood oxygen and carbon dioxide.
Sheet anchor of therapy is the inhaled medication to dilate airway and to reduce inflammation. The dose being in microgram dose is harmless and delivered to the site of the problem. New drugs known as Omalizumab and Benralizumab are approved for specific nonresponding patients with severe asthma.
Prevent asthma from being harmful
Asthma is a chronic disease can stay for the rest of someone's life. So on this World Asthma Day make sure that you know how it can be treated and prevent the disease from harming someone you love. Here are some treatment tips.
- First get to know more about asthma and become a partner with the doctor to carry out treatment for a long time period.
- Be aware of the allergens that may trigger asthma and prevent them from coming in contact with the person.
- Make sure to keep the doctor updated regarding the status of a patient's condition and for any sign of potential risk.
- If a loved one is suffering then ensure that they lead their life as per the guidelines shared by the doctor, in order to prevent any risky situation.
So here are the important things that you should be knowing about asthma. And, in case you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, one should immediately contact their doctor. On this World Asthma Day be aware of the disease and keep the people safe who are suffering from it. Stay Healthy!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!