Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anila S Kapadia
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anila S KapadiaYour feedback matters!
I am 43 years old I have slight pain like pricking sensation in the left under arm pit is it related to breast pain or hormonal changes daily 1 evion 400 mg vitamin E tab I take and even cap simrose 500 mg 10 tab I had taken please suggest which tab which is better for breast tissue pain fibro cysts breast, and minimal duct ectasia in left retroareolar region is evion 400 mg is best or tab simrose 500 mg pl give me correct suggestions from breast expert surgeon.
Sir/Madam I am Married, I have hypothyroidism, my previous reading was 8.5MicroIU/ml, I have consulted physician he has increased my dosage to 50mcg, previously I was taking 25mcg. Now recently I have checked tsh level is 0.19MicroIU/ml (Normal Range Mentioned-0.30-5.5) I was shocked to see my report, it has almost gone below the normal, T3-122ng/dl (60-200) and T4-12.4microg/dl (4.5-12.0. So my question is, is it normal to have such levels what should I do now? What could be the cause, still I have not get my period. Kindly suggest?
The news of pregnancy can be one of the best news in a couple’s lifetime. However, where this news does not arrive, it can turn very stressful. Whatever the reasons, if a couple has been trying to have a baby and are not able to, it can be very strenuous. However, statistics reveal that most couples take four to six months to conceive. Some couples even take up to two years.
Lifestyles are changing and there are a lot of factors, which determine the ability of a couple to conceive. There could be issues with either of the couple, and sometimes it might not even be an actual issue, but only psychological barriers hampering the health of the relationship.
Some common conditions that can contribute to the couple not conceiving include endometriosis, ovarian issues, polycystic ovaries, hormonal imbalances, medical illnesses, etc. A few common remedies can be tried first, before reaching out for professional help.
- Using lubricants without spermicide topical agents may be used, but some of them could contain chemicals, which are spermicides and reduce the sperm count. This needs to be ruled out before investigating the cause for infertility.
- Vitamin B6 helps in the luteal phase, which is from the time of ovulation to menstruation. Zinc also plays a vital role in pregnancy and conception, and so it is advisable to take these supplements when trying to get pregnant.
- Weight management, quit smoking, improved hydration, general detoxification, dietary changes, adequate hours of sleep are some changes that can immensely benefit.
- An ovulation predictor kit and trying to conceive around that time also increases chances of conception.
- For a woman who is 35 years or younger, conception should happen in about four to six months’ time. If not, it is time to see a doctor to see what is preventing pregnancy.
Some of the other conditions, which would require a visit to the doctor are as follows:
- Consumption of regular asthma medications
- Diabetic patients
- Epilepsy patients
- Chronic smoker
- Underweight or overweight women
- Diagnosed endometriosis
- History of polycystic ovaries
- History of irregular periods or other menstrual disorders
- History of thyroid disease, especially hypothyroidism, which is one of the main contributing reasons for infertility. Quite often, treating the thyroid levels can lead to pregnancy
- History of sexually transmitted disease like chlamydia
- History of sexual hormonal imbalance
- History of prolonged use of birth control pills
If there is no underlying medical issue, it will happen, don’t be anxious. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.