Doctor in Vedanta Institute of Medical Sciences
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Biliopancreatic Diversion Treatment
Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt Treatment
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Submit a review for Vedanta Institute of Medical SciencesYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
He is a nice Dr although as he is a DM Gastro so he recommends few diagnostics like CT Scan Stomach or Endoscopy & without those reports he dont rx a single medicine and these Test are not affordable for a medium income group person as CT Scan Stomach cost around 8500
Dr. Ajay Choksey provides answers that are very helpful. Suggestions r helpful
Taking a balanced diet not only helps in maintaining overall health but also helps in curing indigestion. The right mix of carbohydrate, protein, water, fat, vitamin, salt and fiber is important for the body to function well. Apart from maintaining a healthy diet, it is also essential to refrain ourselves from food that triggers indigestion.
Here is a list of worst foods for digestive health:
- Dairy Products: Dairy Products contain a protein called the casein. This protein can be highly allergic and inflammatory. Its strong insulin response can hold up fat and make someone look fatter than his usual self. Lactose, the carbohydrate found in milk is extremely difficult to digest. If you are lactose intolerant, you should make it a point to stay away from dairy products such as kefir and yogurt to ensure smooth digestion.
- Gluten: This protein molecule is found in barley and wheat. Gluten is extremely difficult to break and has the capability to create a lot of damage. The unbroken molecules of gluten cause inflammation and bloating. People, who have GI issues, should definitely eschew gluten to ensure food digestion.
- Sugar: Patients suffering from indigestion should stay away from sugar related products such as candy, cake and crackers. Intake of sugar increases the rate of inflammation, feeds harmful bacteria and suppresses the immune system.
- Fake fats: Fake fats are extremely difficult to digest and make the cell membranes more rigid. It can also show symptoms such as cramps, loose stools and bloating.
- Gums: Guar and xanthan gum are proved to be responsible for causing colitis. People with bowel disease are strongly suggested to stay away from gums and thickeners in order to avoid indigestion.
- Soy: Soy possesses protein inhibitors. It is an enzyme that restricts digestion. The carbohydrate content of soy is not recognized by the GI system. This leads to bloating, cramps and gas.
- Nightshade vegetables: Vegetables such as potato, bell pepper and tomatoes contain a compound called solanine. The latter is known to be responsible for indigestion. People with a compromised GI should not consume these vegetables at all.
- Red Dye: Many fast food items contain a red dye which is known to decrease the production of energy, disturb nerve signaling and is an inflammatory agent.
- Sweeteners: Fake sweeteners show GI symptoms such as bloating and gas. Replacing this with sugar is not at all a good idea since it causes indigestion over a period of time.
- Legumes and beans: Legumes and beans contain compounds called saponins and lectins respectively. They are a major cause of a leaky gut and inflammation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!