Doctor in Santvan Psychiatric Clinic
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Santvan Psychiatric ClinicYour feedback matters!
People’s inability to use their voices in an effective manner has the potential to create a major impact on careers, personal relationships and also on the overall quality of their lives. Some might opine that voice therapy is totally reserved for actors, singers, and broadcasters, as their careers are made through the voices but the reality is that almost everyone can garner the benefits out of voice therapy.
The speech therapists, better known as speech-language pathologists, who specialize in voice therapy, get involved in the diagnosis, assessment, planning and finally treating the patients suffering from voice disorders. These kinds of healthcare providers are trained to evaluate the usage of voice and vocal function to understand the causes behind the loss of voice and the best methods of treatment, which patients could undergo for improving their voices
Before looking into how exactly speech therapy can help in treating voice disorders, let us first understand what exactly voice disorders are, the manner in which they develop, their symptoms and causes:
Voice disorders deal with a variety of problems related to voice, which occur as a result of a wide range of causes.
Numerous circumstances can result in the loss of voice quality or complete voice loss. The causes which lead to voice disorders include:
If you frequently scream or raise the voice.
Side effects of medicines.
Infections caused due to bacteria.
Signs and Symptoms
Symptoms range from a persistent feeling as if something is stuck on the throat, to a feeling of strain on the neck and throat, leading to scratch voice.
People whose careers are dependent on voices like singers, motivational speakers and broadcasters, voice therapy might be used as a preventive measure.
Role of Speech Language Pathologist in Voice Therapy
The therapy consists of assessment and the implementation of two techniques, voice therapy and voice hygiene.
A speech-language pathologist would look at various factors while making an assessment like:
Health conditions or medications, which might affect the voice.
Full case history
Patient’s self-assessment of the problem.
Conducting an oral-peripheral examination
After completion of the assessment, speech-language pathologists can diagnose a voice disorder, provide a clear description and assess the severity of their disorder, recommend interventions, look into appropriate treatments and if needed can refer to other professionals.
A speech-language therapist would encourage patients to make necessary changes in their lifestyles and maintain a healthy regime to make sure that he or she can maintain a healthy voice. This includes:
Period of rest to the vocal cord.
Complete avoidance of screaming or shouting.
Avoid clearing out throat.
Limited use of air conditioners during summer
This voice therapy involves changing up the biomechanics of voice production. Voice therapy’s goal is to bring improvements in vocal function and quality and carry out exercises aimed at achieving strength in the vocal cord.
Some of the voice therapy techniques include:
Physiologic Voice Therapy
Symptomatic Voice Therapy
Are you suffering from depression and it is hampering your daily life and activities? Are you so sad and preoccupied that you cannot focus on the brighter side of life? Depression is capable of causing great stress, anxiety and can even make you suicidal. There are many ways by which you can cure depression, and get back to a healthy life, with a healthy and untroubled mind. They are as follows:
- Stay in touch with people: You must not withdraw from everyday life and isolate yourself. This actually makes things worse for you. Instead, you should socialize and keep in touch with people. This will enable you to share your feelings with others and improve your mood.
- Stay active: Depression may make you tired and stressed, and you may not feel like getting up. However, you should stay active by taking up some form of workout. This is likely to improve your state of mind. Start with walking for 20 minutes every day, if you have not been in touch with regular exercise for a long time.
- Stand up to your fears: Instead of succumbing to your fears and avoiding them, you need to face them strongly. When feeling low and stressed out, it is likely for you to avoid other people, abstain from going out, or travelling. If you face such situations, do not give in to them. Instead, try to oppose them.
- Do not drink too much: Alcohol may seem like a good solution for keeping away from your depression and negative thoughts. However, you must not drink excessively for coping with your problem, as this is capable of making you even more depressed instead of solving your problem. Alcohol should be avoided in depression as it is a CNS depressant and may worsen depression. Exercise increases endorphins and BDNF which are natural mood elevators.
- Maintain a healthy diet: When you are suffering from depression, it is likely for you to develop food aversion, which might result in undesirable weight loss. Some people find a resort in food and become overweight by overeating. Several medicines for treating depression also affect your appetite negatively. If you want to avoid the extremes of eating more or eating less, you need to consult a GP and get an ideal diet chart, which will keep you healthy.
- Get a professional treatment: In case your depression does not improve and if you feel like harming yourself, it is important for you to talk to your doctor. There are several treatment procedures for depression, which include talk therapy, self-help measures, and anti-depressant medicines.
There are plenty of ways by which you can get over depression. You should start making some major changes to your regular lifestyle, make a daily routine for yourself, and try to realize that both good and bad are a part of life, which you cannot change or avoid.
I feel nothing on my head. Difficulty in speaking and concentrating. I forget certain things to do and wandering what should I do! feels autistic type. Really depressed and crying for myself. What is happening to me!
Dear sir, I take sulpitac 100 since 2014, and this year I have hypnotized by a doctor to treat anxiety but my anxiety hasn't healed, what is the reason for it. Is this tablet blocks to my believe changes.
When it comes to the effects of alcohol, the liver is the most talked about organ. However, this is not the only part of the body affected by alcohol. Alcohol can also affect your cardiovascular health. This effect is determined largely by the quantity of alcohol being consumed. In restricted amounts, alcohol can, in fact, be beneficial but in large amounts, it can be the cause of a number of heart health issues. Let’s take a look at both sides of the coin.
For women over the age of 45 years, drinking a small amount of certain types of alcohol such as red wine can be good for the heart. It protects the heart against damage to the arteries by increasing the good cholesterol levels. This prevents the narrowing of arteries by reducing the amount of fat deposited on the arterial walls. Good cholesterol also helps lower the level of bad cholesterol and fights against its ill effects.
Alcohol also reduces the ability of platelets to stick together by increasing the amount of fibrinogen produced by the liver. Thus, it prevents the formation of blood clots an in turn heart attacks caused by them.
The Not so Good
The ill effects of alcohol consumption overshadow its benefits. Drinking heavily over an extended period of time can increase your risk of heart disease. It increases blood pressure that can further trigger a stroke or heart attack. Alcoholism can also lead to weight gain that again causes an increase in blood pressure.
Excessive alcohol consumption also weakens the heart muscles. This condition is known as cardiomyopathy. As the heart muscles grow weaker, they cannot pump blood efficiently and the heart may fail and cause premature death.
Binge drinking can cause a condition known as Holiday Heart Syndrome. It is characterized by severe pain in the center of the chest, increased blood pressure, irregular heartbeats and breathlessness. It may make the person feel as though they were experiencing a heart attack. The term was coined as this condition was seen more commonly during the holiday season when people tend to drink more heavily.
Thus, if you want to enjoy a long, healthy life, avoid alcohol or drink in moderation. For women, this means one drink a day while for men; consumption should be limited to two drinks a day. If you have an existing heart condition or a history of strokes, alcohol should be avoided completely.
Kleptomania is a form of psychiatric disorder. It is a difficult disorder, and an affected person experiences a lot of shame, remorse, stress or feels guilt, which are associated with stealing. It is categorized as an impulse control disorder which affects the behavior of a patient. Kleptomania may be associated with obsessive compulsive disorder. The patient develops an impulse to steal and cannot control this impulse and later feels guilty.
Understanding the situation: It must be clearly understood that a kleptomaniac person does not steal with the intention of becoming rich. It is done only for mental satisfaction and to pacify the urge of stealing that comes from within to an affected person. The patient usually does not care about the object he steals, but he only cares about the act of stealing. Usually, kleptomaniac patients steal insignificant things. When an affected patient becomes extremely nervous or fearful, they tend to steal an object. After the act, they feel much better and relieved. Later, a feeling of guilt arises in the person about his stealing act.
Treat the affected person gently: A kleptomaniac person requires love, care and great understanding from his/her loved ones or family members in order to recover. The problem and the situation must be recognized and perceived carefully. A person close to the patient should deal with him gently and try to make him understand. In many situations, a kleptomaniac may be aware of his actions but does not confess to avoid harassment.
The situation is different from stealing: It must be kept in mind that the actions of a kleptomaniac cannot be exactly termed as stealing. Stealing is an organized activity done by conscious individuals in order to gain something material or money related. Kleptomania is an act of impulse which a patient conducts for psychological satisfaction. The patients are fully aware that stealing is not the right thing, but yet they cannot control their impulse to steal.
Treatment procedures: Once a kleptomaniac person accepts that they are suffering from a disorder, professional help must be taken. Cognitive Behavior Therapy is the primary treatment for kleptomania. This includes aversion therapy where a distraction is created when a person develops the impulse to steal an object. Systematic desensitization is another process where a patient is made to imagine a scenario to get over the urge of stealing. Covert desensitization makes a patient imagine negative impacts of the stealing act such as arrest or harassment.
The social life of a kleptomaniac becomes very difficult and both the patient, and his family are subjected to a lot of trouble and harassment. Necessary measures must be taken for kleptomania.
I am 25 year old, I want to manage my stress ,because of due to stress my heart rate goes high and when I control it from my mind through relaxing 5-10 minute it goes down. There is any medication tool that help me to overcome from stress. Currently I am taking fish oil at afternoon and ashwagandha at night.
रिलेशनशिप टिप्स- ताकि रिश्तों के बीच कभी दूरियां ना आएं - Relationship Tips- Taki Rishton Ke Bich Kabhi Dooriyan Na Aayen!
हेल्दी रिलेशनशिप आजकल एक मिथ्य बनाता जा रहा है. इसका मूल कारण तो तेजी से बदलती हुई जीवनशैली है. लोगों के अतिरिक्त काम इतने ज्यादा हो गए हैं कि उनके पास रिश्तों के लिए समय ही नहीं मिल पाता. ऐसे में ही रिश्ते गड़बड़ होने लगते हैं. कई बार तो केवल बातचीत किए हुए ही बरसों हो जाते हैं. अगर आप भी अपने रिश्ते में नई जान डालना चाहते हैं, अपने साथी के साथ अपने प्यार को और मजबूत करना चाहते हैं, तो इसके लिए किसी को तो पहले एफर्ट करनी ही होगी. बिना मेहनत के कोई भी चीज सुंदर नहीं बनती, भले ही वह कोई रिश्ता ही क्यों न हो. इस लेख के माध्यम से हम रिश्तों की अहमियत और हेल्दी रिलेशनशिप के टिप्स के बारे में जानेंगे ताकि इस विषय में हमारी समझ बढ़े.
1. रिश्तों के लिए समय निकालें
कम से कम एक घंटा दिन और घंटा रात में ऐसा निकालें, जब आप दोनों एक दूसरे से बातें कर सकें. रिश्ते में सुविधा का ध्यान रखना भी जरूरी है. परिवार में बच्चें हैं, तो साथी को उनकी देखभाल के लिए कहें, फिर भले ही वे इसके लिए बेहतर विकल्प हों या नहीं.
2. बातचीत को करें नया और रोमांचक
जब वह आपकी बातें ध्यान से सुन रहे हों, तो उन्हें इसके लिए धन्यवाद कहें, ताकि भविष्य में भी वह इसके लिए प्रोत्साहित हों. रिश्ते में ताजगी के लिए कुछ नया और रोमांचक करने की आदत डालें, जो रिश्ते को मज़बूती और साथी के चेहरे पर प्यारी से हंसी दे.
3. बातचीत के जरिए दूर करें मनमुटाव
अगर साथी की किसी बात से नाराज हैं, तो उन्हें खुल कर बताएं. क्योंकि मन में दबे मन मुटाव रिश्तों में जहर का काम करते हैं. प्रेमी जोड़ों में विवाद का सबसे बड़ा कारण पैसा होता है, इसलिए आर्थिक मुद्दों पर मिलकर चर्चा करें व बजट बनाएं.
4. एकदूजे की सुविधाओं का रखें ध्यान
अपने नियमित कार्यों की एक सूची बनाएं और इस पर अपने साथी से चर्चा करें. और सहमति से कामों को पूरे परिवार में विभाजित कर दें. एक-दूसरे की जरूरतों और सुविधाओं का ख्याल रखें. जीवन साथी पर निर्भरता को नियंत्रित रखें. उन्हें बताएं कि वे आपके जीवन में कितने जरूरी हैं, लेकिन आवश्यक दूरी का भी ध्यान रखें.
5. यदि बहस करें तो भी तोल-मोल कर बोलें
बोरियत गुस्से की निशानी होती है, बोरियत महसूस हो रही हो, तो खुद से पूछें कि आखिर कौन सी बात है, जिससे आपको गुस्सा आया है. बेहतर तरीके से बात और बहस करना सीखें. बहस के दौरान कभी भी कुछ ऐसा न बोलें, जो आप खुद सुनना पसंद नहीं करते. काम और जरूरतों में मोल-तोल करना सीखें. जहां दोनों के मत अलग हों, वहां साथ बैठकर बातचीत से कोई बीच का रास्ता निकालें.
6. मीठी सी मुस्कान के साथ करें दिन की शुरुवात
एक-दूसरे को विश्वांस में लेना और अपनी रुचियों को साझा करना सीखें. कभी भी एक-दूसरे के सम्मान को आहत न करें. दिन की शुरुआत एक मीठी मुस्कान के साथ करें. सुबह उठते ही एक-दूसरे को देखकर मुस्काएं और प्यार के साथ दिन की शुरुआत करें.
7. लगातार बातचीत करते रहें और इसे मनोरंजक बनाते रहें
जिंदगी में साथ मुस्कराने को अपनी आदत बनाएं. जीवन साथी के साथ चुटकुले या जिंदगी के मजाकिया किस्से बांटते रहें. इस तरह से लगातार बातचीत करते रहें और इसे मनोरंजक बनाना भी हेल्दी रिलेशनशिप का एक टिप्स है.
8. समय-समय पर एकदूजे का हाथ थामें और गले लगाएं
सोने से पहले लव नोट लिख कर एक-दूसरे के सिरहाने तले छिपा दें. बाद में उन्हें निकालकर एक साथ पढ़ें. जब भी आपको मौका मिले, एक-दूसरे को गले जरूर लगाएं. बिस्तर पर टीवी देखते समय भी एक-दूसरे को गले लगाएं. हाथ न थामना अच्छा संकेत नहीं है, इसे अपनी आदत में शुमार न करें. कोशिश करें कि दिन में एक बार एक-दूसरे का हाथ जरूर थामें.
9. एकदूसरे में डूब जाएं
एक-दूसरे के लिए समय जरूर निकालें. इस खास समय में अपने मन की बातें कहें और साथी की बातें भी सुनें. एक साथ शोपिंग, पिकनिक या सैर पर जाएं. इस दौरान एक-दूसरे के साथ को पूरी तरह से महसूस करें. कभी-कभी समय निकाल कर एक-दूसरे के साथ कॉफी या डिनर पर बाहर जाएं, और प्यार को बढ़ने का मौका दें.
I have a girlfriend and now she lives in her village so she can't talk with me regularly that's why I feel ignored and all day I can't concentrate on anything. I am preparing for neet ug failed 3 times so that thing also increasing my anxiety. I feel very pressurized. Anxiety attacks and sudden emotional changes are normal. What to do. Please help me. Thanks.
Depression is a common problem which does not permit the affected person to reach full happiness; it causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest, as well as disturbance of sleep patterns and appetite. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), about 350 million people worldwide suffer from depression and 18% of them are from India. Recent WHO estimates say that for every 100 Indians, more than 10 have signs of depression. Depression may sound small but can devastate once’s life. So, it is essential for you to overcome depression before it becomes severe and persistent.
1. Socialize: As depression affects your mood, the common tendency is to alienate or isolate yourself. All you want to do during this low period is to stay by yourself as you may feel no body can help you to relieve this pain. That is a myth. Social withdrawal amplifies the brain's stress response and push you further into crisis. Social contact helps to put the brakes on it. Try making new friends or meet up old pals. Share your feelings with your loved ones, they will understand you and help to swim in the troubled waters. Remember, people do love you
2. Kill the Laziness: People with depression often feel very tired and don’t want to take part in any activities. It’s also one of the main causes of disability in depression. Try to stay away from this laziness. Try to push yourself up. This will boost up your confidence and prevent you from feeling worthless. You are unique and nobody can replace you and the work you do.
3. Eat Healthy. Losing Appetite and craving for high sugar foods (Like chocolate) is a common thing when you are feeling depressed. Poor diet and depression will pull you down the spiral faster. There are many healthful foods that act as antidepressants (beans, nuts, whole grains, green leafy vegetables). While these good-mood foods are essential for your diet, there’s still more that you can do by just eating right food at the right time.
4. Get moving: Getting exercise can help reduce fatigue by promoting better sleep. Exercise may also directly increase energy. Just one 30-minute session of aerobic exercise can stimulate feelings of increased energy. Exercise releases the body's feel-good chemicals called endorphins, resulting in the "runner's high". Start with five minutes a day of walking by listening to your favorite song. Soon, five minutes of activity will become 10, and 10 will become 15 and it will become a habit.
5. Practice good sleep habits. Sleep hygiene is another important part of managing fatigue when you have depression, when in depression or feeling low, 72% of people sleep more than normal which impacts your brain in many ways. Try avoiding Caffeine or Alcohol before sleep, have a dim pleasant light in the room, open the doors and windows of the room. Sometimes all you need a warm shower and a continuous sleep of eight hours.
6. Stop Ruminating: A major component of depression is rumination, which involves thinking too much about themes like loss and failure that cause you to feel worse about yourself. Rumination is a toxic process that leads to negative self-talk such as, "It's my own fault. Who would ever want me a friend?" Rumination can also cause you to interpret neutral events in a negative fashion. For example, when you're buying groceries, you may notice that the checkout person smiles at the person in front of you but doesn't smile at you, so you perceive it as a slight. Try no to leave yourself open to these thoughts and the never is believe them. To avoid such thoughts, engage is other activity which you like or try writing down all good things you did in recent past.
7. Avoid Excessive Social Media Use: Socialize means meeting people in person or talking over phone/video call. It has been found that when depressed, the use of social media applications increases by more than 300%. This indirectly impacts on one’s thinking and increases negative emotions. Instead, look back at your profile and walk through the all happy times you posted on the social media. This will enhance your mood and positive thinking
8. De-stress. Stress is a major brain drainer and can be both a contributor to depression and a byproduct of depression, so stress reduction is a worthwhile cause. Simple stress reducers can help you take some of the pressure out of your life like taking a day off and chilling out in the sun. Set aside time to think about the stressors in your life and brainstorm with your loved ones is the best ways to reduce them. And when you’re feeling stressed, try 7-7-7 breathing exercise: close your eyes and breathe in while counting to seven, hold your breath and count to seven, breathe out while counting to seven. This will help you to calm down from within and stay more focused.
9. Most importantly never give up and try all possible means to make yourself happy again. Easier said than done, it is a time-consuming and needs a lot of effort. Inspire yourself and try till you get over your depression completely.
Despite trying everything, when you think that the situation is getting out of hand, there is no wrong in asking for help which is just around the corner. Visit a Psychiatrist or seek a professional help because as Superman (Christopher Reeve) says "Once you choose hope, anything is possible."