Doctor in Medisure Hospital
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Medisure HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
There is one another doctor bhavesh Patel MD physicians. Who did not good as MD. we do report which came tomorrow but they did not respond for collection. We did go for report after a week then they said.
My son was given Rotateq vaccine in 6th week and Rotasure in 10 week is it fine both are different vaccines. Please suggest if there would be any health issues and which brand would be advisable in next due course.
Q: what is nipah virus?
A: nipah virus was initially discovered when it caused an outbreak of brain fever among pig farmers in malaysia.
Q: should I be worried?
A: a little. As it is transmitted from person to person and there is no effective antiviral therapy for this infection.
Q: who is at high risk? how is it transmitted?
A: 1. People working with pigs and consuming pigs.
2. Farmers who come in contact with bats.
3. Consuming fruits which are already bitten by bat.
4. Contact with people who already have nipah virus infection.
Q: what are the early symptoms?
A: the initial presentation is non-specific, characterized by the sudden onset of fever, headache, muscle pain, nausea and vomiting. Neck rigidity and photophobia are also seen.
The disease rapidly progresses, with deterioration in consciousness *leading to coma within five to seven days.*
Q: how is it diagnosed?
A: the rdiagnosis is by elisa which is currently done at national institute of virology, pune.
Q: how is it treated?
A: supportive care is the mainstay of treatment and infected patients may require intensive care monitoring.
*there is no approved specific therapy for this infection*. So prevention is the only cure!
Q: how do I prevent it?
A: 1. Avoid contact with pigs and pig handlers.
2. Maintain personal hygeine and intensive hand washing practices
3. *avoid consuming raw fruits,* consume only well cooked, clean, home made food till the outbreak settles down.
4. Preferably use n95 mask while travelling or working in public places to avoid person to person transmission.
5. Be aware of the symptoms and report to the doctor immediately for early diagnosis and treatment.