Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Dolly AnadkatYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
All of sudden I developed this mood disorder and didn't know what to do. I had lost hope, but the mood disorder treatment given by Dr Dolly has helped me regain my confidence. Her guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. She doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem. She is a very practical doctor. I am so much benefitted with her mood disorder treatment, that i am perfectly fine now.
The symptoms of smoking were severe and unmanageable, as I was addicted to smoking, but Dr Dolly was able to handle it. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. His guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence.
Dr. Dolly Anadkat provides answers that are caring, very helpful, knowledgeable, practical and inspiring. Doctor is best in treatment! Thanks a lot doc for everything...I am really get out of my mental situation...now I am completely focusing on my studies and doing all the things that actually makes me happy!! Thank a lot again doc!!
I thank Dr Diolly for giving me the best possible treatment for stress. My problem was such that it required number of sessions and after each session , I am feeling much better. I must say that she treats her patients very patiently. She is not only a great psychiatrist but also a great person.
She is very friendly in nature. Doesn't judge you. Makes you feel comfortable. Gives honest suggestions. I was late for my appointment by 1 hour, still she waited for me and guided me very well. Would totally recommend Doctor Dolly Anadkat.
There was realy d most powerful n njoyable experince with my kindly loving dolly mam....really a lot of behaviour changing i have faced and feeling full of positivty thnk u so much mam 4 gvng me new life...
She is really a good counsellor and has given me proper advise for the treatment. I would like to meet her personally for further discussion.
'No' appears to be a very simple and straightforward word. However, it can be shockingly hard to say. People most of the time agree to things that they really do not want. Since they would preferably feel overburdened and low rather than disappoint somebody, saying "no" feels easier to maintain connections with people.
The repercussions of this absence of disagreement is critical. By overcommitting ourselves, we are actually consuming the majority of our positive energy and using it somewhere where you might not want to. This takes away from our common character and quality. It leaves us tired and we meet each day like it is simply one more battle. We also give up our own requirements for space, stillness, relaxation and imagination and are bound to our state.
To stay away from this, we must know about our own necessities and priorities for both mental and physical well-being and joy. For this, one may have to know when saying "yes" will fulfill your requirement for rest, relaxation or self-awareness. When one does this, their unfounded dread of not being socially acceptable from saying "no" will go away gradually.
Here are three reasons why saying "no" can prove to be beneficial:
- You will have additional time: The extra time made by saying "no" will, at any rate, prevent that forced clock from ticking. It will make you feel like you are in control. This can truly lighten up your mood and lift your anxiety and bolster your health. Rather than saying yes to going out for lunch or a party that you feel obligated to go to, but might not want to, simply try to say no. You will automatically feel happier when you are sitting at home, relaxing rather than forcefully socialising.
- You will be less remorseful: At first, you may be reluctant to state "no" because of a paranoid fear of passing up a major opportunity or the fear of missing out. As a general rule, nonetheless, in case that you need to state "no," odds are you have much better explanations for you not being there. If you do go for it, you might regret it afterwards thinking that you could have done something better with your time rather than having completely wasted it.
- Your associates will respect you for it: No one wants that they should be taken for granted. However, in case that you continue saying "yes" to each demand or opportunity, that is precisely how individuals will come to see you. The more you say "yes," the more individuals will generally expect things of you. This could prompt to a drop in your status and position and loss of control over others.
Chronic health disorders like Schizophrenia affect not only the patient, but also the life of their care givers. Though Schizophrenia can be treated to improve the patient's quality of life, it cannot be cured. Hence, it falls on the care giver's shoulders to watch out for symptoms of this disease and manage the person and their disorder. What should one do in such a case?
1. Educate yourself: The first step towards looking after a person with Schizophrenia is to know the symptoms of the disease. With treatment, these may become better or worse so if you notice any change in the symptoms, bring it to your doctors notice at once.
2. Reduce stress: Your goal as a schizophrenic person's caregiver should be to give them a calm environment and boost their confidence. Stress has a negative effect on all people and in schizophrenics this effect is much worse. Hence reduce stress and create an effective support system and structured environment for your loved one.
3. Do not ask the patient to change 'his reality': When a person is suffering from schizophrenia, you should not force them to change their behaviour and reality, in order to adjust in the society at large. You should rather support the patient to accept his reality, to be at peace, since there is a very strong genetic component involved in its aetiology. Also, it is important that, both the patient and the family in particular should opt for regular counselling sessions.
4. Regular exercise: Schizophrenics need not be cooped up in the house all day. Encourage the patient to go outside and exercise regularly. Exercise reduces stress and produces endorphins that make a person feel energized and happy. This should be complemented by a healthy diet. Minimize the amount of carbs and sugar intake and increase the amounts of omega-3 fatty acids in the patient's diet.
5. Join a support group: Joining a support group is a very good idea for both the patient and the caregiver. For the patient, this provides a form of social interaction and for the caregiver is a platform to meet people with similar first hand experiences
6. Encourage treatment: Convincing a Schizophrenic person to seek treatment can be quite challenging. Suggest treating symptoms of the disorder such as insomnia and lack of energy rather than the disease itself to make the patient feel more comfortable. Give the patient options to choose from to make them feel more in control of the situation.
7. Monitor medication: Once the treatment has started, ensure that the patient sticks to the prescription. Maintain a regular schedule by using weekly pill boxes and alarms. Also keep an eye on the possible side effects of these medicines. Ensure that your doctor has a complete list of medicines that the patient takes so that there is no chance of medicines interacting negatively with each other.
8. Prepare for crisis situations: It is always a good idea to have an emergency plan in place. Keep emergency contact details of all the doctors and therapists at hand along with the address and phone number of the closest hospital. Share your situation with friends and family so that in case of an emergency, they can be relied upon to take care of your children and other dependants. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
A. First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
B. Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!
My wife is suffering from thyroid ,so she get depressed so many times. For that reason she doesn't have interest in sex. I had forgotten when we done sex. Even tho I get near her she doesn't show interest in me. How to provoke her? How can she be stable in life. she is only 29 years. We are not enjoying our married, even not enjoy sex. What is the medicine for this problem? How can I bring interest of sex in her?
Hello, I am married, I am fully depressing alone always nobody talk with me since from the year only my cell phone is my life. Why this life is too long? Always I felt like that I can't get any solution bcz around me r all fake people's I can't come out from them. What to do.
Dear doctor am 27 year male and am working in private sector and am suffering from mental illness which I noticed myself I think lot about past and future after then I get nervous and depression from this I am facing lack of confidence and I couldn't do any work with confidently now a days I am getting angry from silly unusual things and I will get panic when doing work. May be I am suffering from some mental disorders from this I am getting mentally weaker day by day and am going to get Marry soon but I am worrying how should I lead my Life happily and confidently in my career and personal life please suggest some helpful things. And please suggest how to overcome stress and how to get rid out from depression and anxiety.
I am suffering from depression. Day to day my life is becoming dangerous. So many negative thoughts are coming to my mind like I can not do any thing and so on please help me and suggest.
Mujhe bhi aisa lagta he ki mai depression me hu to ab muje iske liye kya karna padega ya kuch medicine ki jarurat he kya.
Remember those times when you just got engaged or were dating or even early months after marriage. How curious, open and enthusiastic you were about knowing every little detail about your partner. You would keep a tab on likes and dislikes, favorite restaurant and favorite food. You would absorb everything he or she would share like a sponge and hungry for more. Those were fun and exciting times. You seemed to be in a flow, it was effortless.
What happened to your dream of happily ever after. And, even important question is what have you been doing to achieve your dream of happily ever after. You might be thinking we are staying together, have known each other in a more realistic way, the 'honeymoon effect' and the initial romance has to fade away. That is the way of life. We are perhaps now closer to reality then we were in those months.
We need to compromise and adjust, isn't that the demand of each marriage. What if I ask you to think and compare your happily ever after with your dream career. Would you be able to achieve the same with this low energy approach of adjusting and compromising. No, rather you need to pursue it with lot of passion. You need to think about different strategies and grow continuously.
You would do anything and everything to make it happen. What will happen if your relationship is as important as your life's work. It is this shift and this desire that makes any relationship successful and make love last forever.
What is the secret?
The secret is to show up every day for your relationship to make it thrive. As you wake up each day commit to each other. Instead of taking each other and your relationship granted, give it your attention, time and efforts it deserves. Respect, accept and acknowledge your partner in little ways. Show love and support. It.s not just a surprise birthday party or grand annual vacation that takes you towards successful marriage; it is those little things each day that you do to show that you care! Each marriage is unique. Each marriage has its own struggles, challenges, successes etc. In my practice I help clients understand that it isn't healthy to compare their relationship with other relationships for a lot of reasons including you don't really know what goes on behind closed doors. What works for one marriage, may not work for another.
Focus on your marriage and identify your unique strengths and challenges. Then get busy creating a stronger foundation. These are the few tips that will help you get started:
- Listen to understand and accept, not to judge or blame.
- Turn towards each other, not against each other (you are a team not competitors!)
- Create daily rituals to connect and share about your day.
- Increase your emotional bank account, more positivity through small daily actions than negative feedback.
- Appreciate and acknowledge each other, not taking each other for granted.
- Support each other.s dream . not ridiculing them.
- Create your shared dream and meaning in life. (What do you stand for as a family. What do you want to achieve and how can you each contribute in this bigger picture).
Good news is that if willing, you can learn how to utilize your unique strengths as a couple to increase connection, love and intimacy in your marriage. In a 'Marriage Enrichment Program', you can also learn about utilizing conflict as a stepping stone to know each other at deeper level and feel understood and loved.