Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Counselling And Stress Management
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Dr. Dolly AnadkatYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Dolly Anadkat provides answers that are caring, very helpful, knowledgeable, practical and inspiring. Doctor is best in treatment! Thanks a lot doc for everything...I am really get out of my mental situation...now I am completely focusing on my studies and doing all the things that actually makes me happy!! Thank a lot again doc!!
She is really a good counsellor and has given me proper advise for the treatment. I would like to meet her personally for further discussion.
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
A. First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
B. Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!
My wife is suffering from thyroid ,so she get depressed so many times. For that reason she doesn't have interest in sex. I had forgotten when we done sex. Even tho I get near her she doesn't show interest in me. How to provoke her? How can she be stable in life. she is only 29 years. We are not enjoying our married, even not enjoy sex. What is the medicine for this problem? How can I bring interest of sex in her?
Hello, I am married, I am fully depressing alone always nobody talk with me since from the year only my cell phone is my life. Why this life is too long? Always I felt like that I can't get any solution bcz around me r all fake people's I can't come out from them. What to do.
Dear doctor am 27 year male and am working in private sector and am suffering from mental illness which I noticed myself I think lot about past and future after then I get nervous and depression from this I am facing lack of confidence and I couldn't do any work with confidently now a days I am getting angry from silly unusual things and I will get panic when doing work. May be I am suffering from some mental disorders from this I am getting mentally weaker day by day and am going to get Marry soon but I am worrying how should I lead my Life happily and confidently in my career and personal life please suggest some helpful things. And please suggest how to overcome stress and how to get rid out from depression and anxiety.
I am suffering from depression. Day to day my life is becoming dangerous. So many negative thoughts are coming to my mind like I can not do any thing and so on please help me and suggest.
Mujhe bhi aisa lagta he ki mai depression me hu to ab muje iske liye kya karna padega ya kuch medicine ki jarurat he kya.
Remember those times when you just got engaged or were dating or even early months after marriage. How curious, open and enthusiastic you were about knowing every little detail about your partner. You would keep a tab on likes and dislikes, favorite restaurant and favorite food. You would absorb everything he or she would share like a sponge and hungry for more. Those were fun and exciting times. You seemed to be in a flow, it was effortless.
What happened to your dream of happily ever after. And, even important question is what have you been doing to achieve your dream of happily ever after. You might be thinking we are staying together, have known each other in a more realistic way, the 'honeymoon effect' and the initial romance has to fade away. That is the way of life. We are perhaps now closer to reality then we were in those months.
We need to compromise and adjust, isn't that the demand of each marriage. What if I ask you to think and compare your happily ever after with your dream career. Would you be able to achieve the same with this low energy approach of adjusting and compromising. No, rather you need to pursue it with lot of passion. You need to think about different strategies and grow continuously.
You would do anything and everything to make it happen. What will happen if your relationship is as important as your life's work. It is this shift and this desire that makes any relationship successful and make love last forever.
What is the secret?
The secret is to show up every day for your relationship to make it thrive. As you wake up each day commit to each other. Instead of taking each other and your relationship granted, give it your attention, time and efforts it deserves. Respect, accept and acknowledge your partner in little ways. Show love and support. It.s not just a surprise birthday party or grand annual vacation that takes you towards successful marriage; it is those little things each day that you do to show that you care! Each marriage is unique. Each marriage has its own struggles, challenges, successes etc. In my practice I help clients understand that it isn't healthy to compare their relationship with other relationships for a lot of reasons including you don't really know what goes on behind closed doors. What works for one marriage, may not work for another.
Focus on your marriage and identify your unique strengths and challenges. Then get busy creating a stronger foundation. These are the few tips that will help you get started:
- Listen to understand and accept, not to judge or blame.
- Turn towards each other, not against each other (you are a team not competitors!)
- Create daily rituals to connect and share about your day.
- Increase your emotional bank account, more positivity through small daily actions than negative feedback.
- Appreciate and acknowledge each other, not taking each other for granted.
- Support each other.s dream . not ridiculing them.
- Create your shared dream and meaning in life. (What do you stand for as a family. What do you want to achieve and how can you each contribute in this bigger picture).
Good news is that if willing, you can learn how to utilize your unique strengths as a couple to increase connection, love and intimacy in your marriage. In a 'Marriage Enrichment Program', you can also learn about utilizing conflict as a stepping stone to know each other at deeper level and feel understood and loved.
I lost my grandma thi year in May she died due to heart attack she had sugar too but her death was sudden she was normal and all of a sudden this happen . From then onwards I miss her every sec and feels like I will die too . I feel that all of sudden I am feeling suffocation and have mild difficulty in breathing then it feels that something is happening to my heart. It feels that I would have a heart attack too . I start crying then after 20-30 mins this situation goes and it becomes normal again . But it happens to me everyday . I am so depressed about it What it could be a disease or a psychological issue?
Hello. I am 23 year old male. I was mentally harassed by my elder cousin from 2006 to 2013. I told my problem to my parents but they did not pay any heed to it. So my mental harassment continued on. In 2013 my attendance fell low due to lack of transportation. My attendance fell short. I again told my parents but they did not pay any heed to that. As a result of that I was made to rewrite my exams as of no fault of mine. I had to travel to 15 Km of distance by my own even in jaundice. But no one bothered to ask my problem. I wished to fill up my Engineering Entrance Exams forms but my parents still did not supported me. I was mentally harassed by my own relatives and my parents. As a result of constant strain my body weight fell from 68 Kg to 55 Kg. No one supported me when I was in a need. Please prescribe me some medicines to get my physical health back on track. I was constantly kicked up in my life and was mentally harassed too. I hope that your medicines will help me to attain physical and mental health too. Thanking you for being an patient listener.
Dear doctor, I'm underweight, y age is 28 , weight- 48 kg, height- 169 cm. I underwent some medical tests. In this tests, my HDL cholesterol is 36 mg | dl and LDL cholesterol is 112 mg | dl . Because of anxiety, I'm losing my weight a lot. My question is whether anxiety cause many heart diseases? And which of those cholesterols will be reduced because of chronic anxiety and confusion? Is it very harmful to human health?
Dear doctor. This is for my fiance. He is 25 years old. 6 ft ,84 kgs . He recently faced weight loss and frequent urine. So we went for a master check. There we found that his glucose level is high. Fast blood level was 340 and after food was 469. We are about to meet a doctor. He already started his diet and exercise. My question is will he able to be normal back? I mean he is following diet now. Is it possible to bring tat glucose level normal? I mean heard that once sugar comes we have no other go than taking medication regularly. Is that possible to bring back him normal. He is physically mentally so fed up because of this in early stage. please doctor. please clear my doubt. Thank you so much for reading my post and helping me.
Dear doctors pls help me. I'm 28 , weight-50, height- 168 cm. Since hearing a few days ago the news that my friend's father died of heart attack, I'm becoming very confused and anxious whether I would get the same in future even though I'm underweight. Whenever I put on a little weight, I'm becoming very anxious and in the consequence, my weight is reduced gradually. My mind forces me to get anxious and confused day in and day out , only then you won't gain weight and heart problem. So pls tell me whether we should not lose our weight with anxiety. If an underweight or overweight person's weight is reduced with stress or anxiety, what will happen to his health? Which one of HDL and LDL will be reduced? And what's the danger thereof to one's health? If you tell me, definitely I will come out of it. Pls help me doctor. I have pinned all my hopes only on u.
I am 32 years working women .joint family blessed with 3 years son. Born after 3 miscarriages. .but not happy with life. MIL is very cruel .relationship with husband is diluting now.what can i do?
My Daughter 2.5 years old has very bad cough with Vomiting. Given all kinds of syrup. Nothing help her out. Very tensed. Do not know what to do. Please suggest me something.
I have suffered from depression for 2 years and sometimes I feel suicidal because im not pleased with myself or think I do not make others around me happy, I really do not want to see a professional about this but what can help?
I am 35 age single lady, having some personal issue since 6 month, now since 2 month am into depression and I can not able to control my anger for long and I do not what step I will take further am just feel lost and am in pain, so please suggest me, in this case what should I do ?
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!!