Doctor in Aayush Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Aayush ClinicYour feedback matters!
The spine or the backbone is responsible for the fluid movement of the body, especially standing, bending, and sideways movement. It also is an important part of the nervous system and carries multiple nerves to the lower part of the body. The lower spine has sacral and iliac vertebrae, which have disks between the vertebral bones where these nerves are located. With age, infection, tumors, or injury, this soft tissue becomes hardened and get the bones to fuse. This is a type of arthritis known as ankylosing spondylitis and limits movement between the disks.
Causes: With age, the soft vertebral tissue gradually hardens. There is a genetic component also to this, so it runs in families. In addition, infection or tumors of the spine and injuries involving the spine can also lead to this condition.
Symptoms: When AS ankylosing spondylitis (AS) onsets, there is usually morning pain and stiffness in the low back and upper buttocks. The intensity of this gradually reduces over the course of the day. The range of movement also is reduced, with bending, stooping, and sideward movement becoming gradually difficult. It is believed that people with AS have an overactive immune system, and homeopathy helps by suppressing this activity. A homeopath will have a detailed discussion with the patient and based on the presenting symptoms, an appropriate product would be prescribed.
- Aesculus: The patient would have extremely painful and stiff low back and hips. It would be constant ache with walking and stooping, and it is not easy to rise from a sitting position. The patient also feels that the legs would give way, making them hesitant to walk.
- Rhus Tox: When the patient presents with low back pain that is present at rest, with sitting and inactivity, Rhus is usually preferred. The pain improves with activity and movement and radiates down the legs all the way to the foot.
- Kali Carb: If the patient presents with extreme weakness also and feels like a paralytic attack, as if the back is broken. The patient feels the symptoms are worse in the morning and changing position in bed.
- Kalmia: If the patient has pain associated with a prickly, numbing sensation, then this is used. There also could be burning sensation. The pain appears in bursts in the late evening and early night hours and could also go down the legs or up into the neck.
As with any other disease, homeopathy looks at the person holistically and treats the symptoms. The patient should not go for self-medication based on some reading and friends’ suggestions. Each person is unique in terms of symptoms and treatment, and so the doctor is the best person to decide the appropriate medicine. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a mental disorder with side effects of enthusiastic fits like sudden, wild and eccentric emotional episodes and scenes. Individuals experiencing BPD are unreliable about their picture and character and face trouble in keeping up a steady mental self-image and interpersonal connections. This issue is generally acquired by different variables like domestic mishandle, youth disregard and absence of affection from the parents in there young age.
Some of the most common symptoms of BPD include:
- Fear of rejection
- Unsteady and short-term relationships
- Poor self-image
- Tendency to cause self-harm
Here are some of the homeopathic solutions for treating BPD with varying signs and symptoms:
- BPD with sudden burst of outrage: Chamomilla is among the top common homeopathic medications for patients of BPD who usually get furious and irritated, without considering the sentiments of the other people. The sudden upheavals of outrage on account of inconsistency or when the sentiments are harmed can be best cured by homeopathic solution Chamomilla. This cure is also of great help to patients who believe that they cannot remain calm. It is useful for the people who need to do everything according to their desire and get irritated if their desire is not satisfied.
- BPD with sudden emotional episodes: Crocus Sativus is the most basic homeopathic medication for sudden mind-set changes in patients of BPD. The patient has a sudden and regular change in feelings from outrageous reactions to misery. The patient requiring the homeopathic drug Crocus Sativus is blissful and warm in one minute and the very next minute, he or she suddenly blasts out into outrage. The patient soon feels frustrated about their conduct. Homeopathic medicine Valeriana is additionally useful for managing sudden emotional episodes in patients of BPD.
- BPD with symptoms of touchiness: Sepia is a fantastic homeopathic drug for BPD patients who get disturbed over no reason and feel anxious. Just their own particular assessment matters for such patients and they cannot stand to be restricted. Another side effect alongside fractiousness for this homeopathic prescription to be used is a feeling of dislike towards family and being repelled for any work, be it mental or physical.
- BPD patients with ruinous and hasty conduct: Nux Vomica is the top characteristic homeopathic solution to manage any hasty conduct of BPD patients who are delicate and need to constrain things as they feel. In case they are restricted, such patients have dangerous driving forces like the motivation to crush their significant other, to tear things and to toss their child. If someone invades their space, they can take severe actions to claim that space back. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The most common respiratory disorder, asthma, is an allergy. Allergy is when the body’s immune system recognizes something in the system as foreign (or antigen) and produces what are known as antibodies. These antibodies cause allergic symptoms ranging from skin skin rashes to breathing issues to even anaphylaxis.
People who have asthma dread the spring season when the air is full of pollen, and they have severe attacks. In simple terms, what happens during asthma is the air pipes narrow down, leading to symptoms of chest congestion, breathlessness, coughing, and wheezing.
Ayurvedic belief is that asthma is caused due to some triggers like stress, exercise, cold air, and excessive pollen. These increase the Kapha component or dosha, which leads to mucus formation in the air passages leading to narrowing of the airways. Some causes include:
- Weak lung tissues
- Damp environment
- Cold and/or stale food
- Increased ama (mucus) formation
Strange as it may sound, Ayurveda believes that impaired digestion causes asthma.
Management: Ayurvedic belief is that managing asthma requires effort aimed at various things including food changes, exercise, and airway management. Some of the significant tips are listed below.
- Increase consumption of honey and warm liquids like herbal teas
- Eat a lot of old cereals and whole grains (rice, barley, oats, green grams, etc.)
- Reduce dairy products as they are difficult to digest and hard on the stomach
- Avoid white flour, oily foods, sugary foods, cold-stored foods, processed foods, and fried foods. These again are hard on the stomach and not easily digested.
- Exercise should be done in moderation, as too much exercise can add to the shortness of breath and congestion
- Try various home remedies and repeat what works for you well. Black pepper powder in warm milk can help relieve the congestion.
- Ginger root can be powdered along with black pepper and stored as a powder. This can be mixed in warm water or milk and consumed 3 to 4 times a day
- Steam inhalation where cumin seeds can also be added to the water is found to be very beneficial.
- A concoction of guava leaves, black pepper, milk, and water can be boiled. This, when consumed for over 6 to 8 months, helps improve immunity.
- Neti therapy where the nasal passages are cleared of mucus is also a very effective way to improve breathing and keep the airways clear.
- Stress management either through meditation or mild exercise is very important, as asthma is known to worsen during periods of stress.
- Herbal oil massages also help improve circulation and nerve supply and therefore improve immunity.
Ayurveda believes these improve immunity and thereby control asthma. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pregnancy places a lot of demand on the expectant mother. While the emotional demands are not very evident, the physical ones are. The mother has to ensure that the developing baby gets all the required nutrients through her. Some of them are very critical, and not getting adequate amounts of these manifest as problems, which cannot be rectified later. Calcium supply and associated problems that may arise is one such example.
If there is a reduced supply of calcium and the bones and teeth are not formed properly, taking any amount of calcium is not going to correct the situation later, after delivery.
- The bones which are forming in the developing baby are dependent on the mother for adequate supply of calcium. It is common knowledge that calcium is an integral component of bones, teeth, and skeleton. Hypocalcemia, which is a condition where there is reduced amounts of calcium in the body, can be quite severe during pregnancy.
- In addition to the growing baby’s needs, calcium also plays a vital role in the pregnant mother for muscular contractions, nerve conduction, hormone secretion, and blood clotting. So adequate intake of calcium during pregnancy is essential.
Now, the question arises as to how much calcium is good enough. For a normal female, about 1000 mg of calcium is required on a daily basis. This goes up by another 200 to 300 mg for a pregnant woman, especially during the third trimester when the bone and teeth formation is in full speed. This extra amount of calcium should be continued even after pregnancy, as calcium continues to be provided to the baby during the lactation phase.
Some of the symptoms of reduced calcium intake during pregnancy are aching muscles, brittle nails, weakened bones, severe cramping, and dry skin. If there is suspected hypocalcemia, it is best to seek medical advice. It is not advisable to take supplements without medical supervision. Increased amounts of calcium can produce a different set of symptoms.
While these are evident symptoms, there are other detrimental effects on the baby too. Calcium deficiency affects development of heart and associated structures and puts the newborn at a higher risk of developing hypertension. The baby’s fat percentage and triglycerides are also increased. The bone mineral density is reduced. The delivery period could be prolonged, as muscular contractions and nerve conduction are severely impacted when there is less calcium in the system. Recovery from labor is also delayed.
It is possible that you are taking adequate amounts of calcium, but its absorption is affected. Reducing caffeine intake helps in better absorption of calcium. Iron, which is often given during pregnancy, prevents calcium absorption and so needs to be spaced out. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The quality of a person’s skin says a lot about their age. As the years go by, your skin loses its elasticity and firmness and wrinkles and fine lines become increasingly prominent. Everyone wants to look younger and boast of the skin they once had but not everyone wants to undergo cosmetic surgery for the same. Thankfully, there are a number of noninvasive techniques that can help tighten skin and reduce wrinkles.
Botox or botulinum injections are one of the most popular ways to erase fine line, crow’s feet, and wrinkles. This is extracted from botulinum bacteria and can be used on the forehead, around the eyes, cheeks, and neck. The injection is relatively pain-free and takes only a few minutes but its effects are temporary. The results become apparent 3 to 7 days after the injection and to maintain your look, you will need to take the injections every 3 to 6 months.
This involves the use of an acid solution that removes the top layer of dead cells from the skin. It can be used to address fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots etc. There are many different types of chemical peels that may be used depending on the extent of treatment required. Chemical peels should be only applied in a certified dermatologist’s clinic.
Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical technique that exfoliates the top layer of skin with tiny crystals. In doing so, it helps treat fine lines, acne and tightens the skin. The effects of microdermabrasion are subtle and you may need up to ten sessions to see a noticeable difference.
intragenic is a skin treatment method that utilizes the radio frequency device. This method works very well for the purposes of skin toning, tightening and rejuvenation. As it works on radio frequency method, it penetrates the deepest layer of the dermis and remodels the existing collagen. Moreover, it also stimulates neo-collagen and effectively tones and tightens the skin.
HiFu is a non-invasive method of skin treatment that uses the ultrasound to tighten, tone and also lift the sagging skin on the face. it is also called “non surgical facelift” or skin tightening by some experts and people. This method works best for aged people who are worried about their loosening and sagging skin due to age or any other reasons.
This type of laser therapy is ideal for people who want to improve their skin tone and texture. It can also be used to treat brown patches on the skin. Without damaging the outer layer, it stimulates collagen production and makes the skin firmer and tighter. For the results to be visible, 4 to 6 sessions may be needed.
Like lasers, intense pulsed light therapy can be used to address the dermis. This form of treatment involves directing short pulses of light at the dermis that destroy cells and aid in renewing the skin. Along with treating redness and patches, it also stimulates collagen to increase the skin’s elasticity. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The liver is a vital organ in our body because it performs many important functions. This includes filtering harmful substances in our blood, producing bile to facilitate digestion of food, storing energy and nutrients as well as producing hormones and enzymes that the body uses for performing essential functions.However, too much consumption of alcohol can affect the liver, lead to serious consequences related to our health, and also result in an alcohol-related liver disease (ALD). An ALD may, in turn, cause disruption of the digestion process and weaker immune system. It may even increase the risk of developing cancer.
As the name suggests, the prime cause behind the development of the alcohol-induced liver disease is the consumption of alcohol for a long duration. However, some of the other causes behind the development of alcohol-induced liver disease include the presence of an existing liver disease such as fatty liver or hepatitis, inherited liver disease, or a liver disease induced due to excessive or prolonged consumption of certain drugs.
Alcohol-induced liver diseases (ALD) can be of three types.
- Alcoholic fatty liver disease: Alcoholic fatty liver disease or steatosis occurs due to the deposition of fats in the liver, which is an end result of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Alcoholic hepatitis: Too much of alcohol consumption can also lead to liver inflammation, which is called alcoholic hepatitis.
- Alcoholic cirrhosis: This alcoholic-liver disease occurs when the liver is scarred due to excessive consumption of alcohol. In this case, the healthy and soft liver tissues are replaced with dead and hard tissues.
Symptoms: Some of the signs and symptoms, mostly related to ALD, are not noticed in the initial stage. It is only after a few years that the symptoms may appear. Some of the common symptoms include abdominal pain, loss of appetite and weight loss, swelling in the abdomen as well as the legs, feet, and ankles, a yellowish appearance of the skin, itchy skin with hair loss, and bleeding and complications such as liver cancer or ascites.
Diagnosing alcohol-related liver disease is based on your history of alcohol consumption. But, there is no single test that can detect this type of disease, so a combination of tests will be suggested by your physician before a specific type of alcoholic liver disease is diagnosed.
Ayurvedic home remedies
Ayurveda is known to be greatly beneficial for the treatment of alcohol-induced liver diseases. The use of natural ingredients like herbs can not only treat the liver disease but also promote the overall well-being of the liver. The treatment will include abstinence from alcohol, as it is very important when it comes to undoing the damage that alcohol has caused to your liver. The natural ingredients that can treat alcohol-induced liver disease include:
- Phyllanthus or bhumi amla: This natural ingredient acts as a liver cleanser. A great Ayurvedic herb, it will also rejuvenate your liver and protect it.
- Turmeric: Packed with antioxidants, turmeric can improve your liver’s health considerably. Additionally, its antiseptic and antiviral properties will help to prevent the buildup of virus that causes hepatitis B or C.
- Green Tea: Another amazing remedy that works in an amazing way is green tea. The catechins present in green tea supports the functioning of the liver.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds prevent the hormones from circulating in the blood. This reduces the strain on the liver and promotes the well-being of your liver. Additionally, it is also recommended that you choose a healthy diet filled with fresh vegetables and fruits and reduce the consumption of salt, oily, and spicy fried food. Too much of strenuous exercise must be avoided as well.
Home remedies are supportive only in case of Alcoholic fatty liver, but if you are suffering from alcoholic hepatitis and ALD related liver cirrhosis you must need proper line of treatment under a well experienced and expert Ayurvedic doctor. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Kapha is responsible for governing all body functions related to lubrication. Some of the typical body functions that Kapha has a direct impact upon includes lubrication of lungs and joints, body weight, growth, and formation of the seven tissues- fat, bone marrow, nutritive fluid, reproductive tissues and fat. There could be several symptoms indicating an imbalance of Kapha in the system.
Some of them include the following:
- Mind: An increased Kapha of the mind is characterised by symptoms, such as a feeling of lethargy, drowsiness, and sluggishness, excessive sleep, feeling of depression and melancholy, laziness and brain fog. An accumulation of Kapha in the mind can lead to severe depression, withdrawal symptoms, diabetic coma and frequent loss of consciousness.
- Digestive tract: Kapha can wreak havoc on the digestive tract. Some early signs of Kapha accumulation in the digestive tract include a heavy feeling in the stomach, indigestion, excess salivation, poor appetite, nausea, slow metabolism etc. As a result of excess Kapha, the stool can be sticky, pale, heavy and oily. This can lead to diabetes and mucoid diarrhea. If not treated early excess Kapha can lead to hyperglycemia, anorexia nervosa, and blood in the stool.
- Kapha accumulation in skin, adipose tissue, muscles and circulatory system: An accumulation of Kapha in other parts of the body can lead to hypertension, itching, lipoma formation, cold sweat, swollen lymph, pallor, low strength of the body, itching etc. In the case of long standing Kapha accumulation some serious aggravation from the present condition can lead to obesity, thrombosis, leukaemia, malignant tumours, edema, high cholesterol, blood stagnation, hypertrophy, heart failure etc.
- Kapha in respiratory system: Kapha in the respiratory tract can lead to coughs, hay fever, sinuses, nasal crust, chest pain, runny nose, excess mucus and frequent cold. If the existing condition becomes serious and treatment is not done on time, some serious complications can lead to cystic fibrosis, sinus infections, excess phlegm in the throat, chronic sinus etc.
- Other parts of the body: If Kapha accumulates in other parts of the body it can lead to symptoms such as excess urination, low libido, premature ejaculation, heavy testicles, swelling of the joints, dental tartar, sex desire, fibrocystic lumps, goiter, enlarged spleen, gallstones, endometriosis, cystic ovary, lordosis, protruded eyes, heavy feeling of the eye, prostate enlargement, white urine, neurofibromas, hydrocephalus, gangrene , prolonged menstrual cycle osteoma, kyphosis, prostatic calculi, bone spurs etc.
- Food to avoid Kapha symptoms: Some foods that need to be avoided include carbonated drinks, oily food, chilled food, deep fried snacks, red meat, foods which are heavy to digest, milk especially buffalo milk, sweets, Ghee, fruits like Banana, Mango etc. excess salt and sour, all forms of alcohol except red wine, the latter can be consumed no more than once in a week.
Emotional abuse is a lesser known topic that is very important to talk about. Most individuals are oblivious to the fact that such a term even exists. This article is mainly about educating people about what emotional abuse is, how it affects children, thereby, affecting the upcoming generation altogether.
Like physical abuse, emotional abuse too is very real and harmful enough to cause enormous damage to a child’s mental health. So what exactly is emotional abuse?
Any sort of persistent, emotional neglect or emotional maltreatment can become emotional abuse to children and may cause havoc in their emotional development. The world runs at a very fast pace and parents usually are caught up in earning well for the family, raising the children properly and transforming them into respectable adults. This entire process brings about enormous stress and frustration. As such, unknowingly or knowingly, these parents end up emotionally abusing their children. No, that is not the end of it. It is not only the parents who can cause emotional abuse, but also there are numerous other factors to be considered.
So to make the explanation process easier, here are some points that explain what emotional or psychological abuse includes.
- Scaring or humiliating a child deliberately and regularly
- Isolating or ignoring a child
- Telling a child that he/she is worthless, inadequate or unloved
- Not providing the children any opportunity to express him/her by deliberately silencing them or making fun of their expression
- Age inappropriate or developmentally inappropriate expectations from children. For example, making a child believe that topping the class is necessary and is a shame otherwise.
- Overprotecting the child and hindering their exploration and learning
- Preventing them from participating in an absolutely normal social interaction. For example, asking girls not to mix with boys and punishing them for doing so.
- A child seeing or hearing utter ill-treatment of another child or person
- Serious bullying by other children and cyber bullying
- Threatening a child and calling names
- Making a child perform any sort of act that might be degrading
- Exposing a child to distressing interactions like domestic abuse or drug abuse.
- Not expressing positive or congratulatory feelings to the child
- Not showing any sort of emotional attachment or interactions with the child
- Causing physical abuse to the child.
- Trying too hard to control the child’s life and not allowing him/her to recognize their individuality.
Yes, there is no such thing as good parenting or bad parenting. However, parents need to know how much any sort of emotional abuse may affect the future development of their child. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
One of the major risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD) is diabetes. Uncontrolled diabetes can lead to major heart problems. It is thus pertinent to take timely actions to control the insulin-related issues and save ourselves from CVD.
It is important to understand how diabetic patients are more prone to CVD than others to take pre-emptive actions to control it.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin.
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!