Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Agra and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ankit JainYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I am having too much gas formation in my stomach because of which I feel too much uneasiness and uncomfortable in front of other people. Please give suggestions about medication needed and the kind of food I should eat.
I'm a 29 year old male. I am having digestive problems since my childhood even though I keep doing regular exercises, drink lots of water and avoid spicy/oily foods. My main problem is constipation. Although I need to go 3-4 times a day, I never get my stomach thoroughly cleansed. Not able to pass sufficient stool even if I get strong urge to do so. Gastroenterologists say that i'm suffering from IBS, but their treatment never works. Have already visited several clinics, followed good eating habits/active lifestyle, nothing works. Kindly help.
I am 27 year old I have been suffer from my stomach problem I had suffering from gas problem and lose motion when I drink tea in morning my whole day lost, I can, t work those day, my stomach got pain, what to do for this?
I have stomach problem. When I go to bathroom my penis is also getting pain. Some time I can't Sit or sleep properly because it's getting so much pain. Please help me what kind of medical to get it fine.
Dear All, I am 24 male. And i'm suffering with Gastric and Stomach Bloating if I had little rice or fruits or else something i'm feeling like my stomach is full and stomach is coming front. I'm passing heavy air and getting bubs also. This problem I have last 11 months and I took allopathy but still i'm facing same issue please suggest me better tablets.
I have problem when I go for shit then I got very bad smell and after shit I feel very week and I have some back pain, my shit is loose type .i have not any problem with eating food, but I have some problem with milk mainly with warm milk. Recently I did wave test in that I have my pancreatic polypeptide (PP) value =0.927 which should be normally=3.210-6.854.
I eat much spicy food but not outdoor junk food. The problem is I am getting chest pain on left side periodically. Im dreaming that it was an acidity. So please tell me the solution. Thank you.
I have problem in stomach. Type of indigestion and pain. Also problem in doing latrine? what can I do.
Recently my operation of gall bladder stone completed successfully. Can you tell me a healthy diet and I am also suffering from diabetes.
Sir my daughter has abdominal pain since last ten days in first she had vomiting also doctor have done a ultrasonography in that he told that she had swollen lymph nodes in abdomen he advised to take metronidazole susp. And kidspas drop she has low appetite and not improving please help.
I feel some pain in stomach both side liver and other. I feel that some extra air in belly. When I go to release urine then I feel very painful and acidic urine also. I feel I have gonnorehea problem. I take some medicine like as newforce kit. But no benefit. So please give my permanent medicine. Pls sir. My wife is also have same problem.
I have a problem of flatulence & I am suffering from this problem for past 2 years. Please suggest some home medication by which I can overcome this problem.
Now I am using lasuna for reduce belly fat incomplete two bottles nothing is change and recently abdomen scanning is done in that found liver fat can u suggest medicine for reduce liver fat.
Hello sir my mother is having a severe headache since morning and now she has done a vomiting and asking a gas problem also.
Sir mujhe 1saal se asthma hai mujhe breathe karne me taklif hoti hai stomach m gas bhara rehta hai pichle 10 dino se khana bhi nahi ja raha hai vomit kaise feeling hoti hai mein 3 mahine se Ayurvedic medicine use kar raha hu 1 mahina pehle mera 62 kg tha abhi 57 kg hai .
I have a gastric problem from past 3 years so everyday I am not interested to eat food and also I am not getting hungry if I trying to eat at the that I feel like vomiting. so please help me with that
Cirrhosis of liver is slow and gradual replacement of normal healthy liver tissue with scar tissue which results in poor liver function and blockage of flow of blood through liver which comes from intestines. As more scar tissue replaces normal healthy liver, liver begins to fail.
What causes cirrhosis?
- Alcohol: Amount of alcohol which can cause liver damage varies from person to person, however those who consume alcohol for long in significant amount are more prone to develop liver damage.
- Hepatitis B or hepatitis C: Caused by hepatitis B and C viruses, respectively, which are acquired by contact with contaminated blood (like needlestick injury, blood transfusion, injection drug abuser), sexual contact with infected person and from mother to child during childbirth.
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD): Caused by presence of extra fat in liver (after excluding significant alcohol intake) which causes inflammation and scarring leading to cirrhosis. Usually seen in patients who are overweight or obese, having diabetes, high fat in blood, high blood pressure or metabolic syndrome.
- Drugs causing liver injury.
- Others: Autoimmune hepatitis (body`s own immunity acting against liver), Wilson disease (build up of copper in body), hemochromatosis (excess of iron in body), certain bile duct disorders, etc.
What are the symptoms of cirrhosis?
- Early disease can present with nonspecific symptoms like weakness, fatigue (loss of energy), decrease wish to take food, vomiting or nausea, weight loss, etc.
- Advanced disease can present with fluid accumulation in legs (edema) or abdomen (ascites), facial puffiness, yellowish discoloration of eyes or urine (jaundice), redness of palm (palmer erythema), decrease urine output, small red lesions on skin, easy bleeding following trauma, blood coming out of mouth/anus/other body site, black colored feaces, mental confusion, flapping tremors of hand, etc. In men it can cause impotence, breast enlargement and shrinking of testis.
What are the complication of cirrhosis?
Portal hypertension: It is a common complication of cirrhosis which is due to increased pressure in portal vein. Portal vein is main blood vessel which carries blood to liver from stomach, intestines, spleen, gallbladder and pancreas. Because of scar formation in liver the normal flow of blood from these organs to liver is hampered. As a result of blockage of blood flow to liver there are few complications which can arise like accumulation of fluid in abdomen (ascites) and legs (edema), formation of enlarged veins (varices) in food pipe (esophagus), stomach, etc., enlargement of spleen (splenomegaly), mental confusion/altered behavior/altered sensorium (hepatic encephalopathy), respiratory discomfort (hepatic hydrothorax or hepato-pulmonary syndrome) or decrease urine output/rise in creatinine (hepato-renal syndrome).
- Increase risk of infection because of immune system dysfunction.
- Development of liver cancer (Hepatocellular carcinoma)
- Easy brusibility or bleeding following light trauma.
- Gall bladder stone formation
- Metabolic bone disease
What are the stages of cirrhosis?
- Compensated cirrhosis: Liver damage is damaged but no abdominal swelling (ascites), blood in vomiting or black/red color feaces (variceal bleed), altered behavior/sensorium (hepatic encephalopathy), respiratory discomfort (hepatic hydrothorax or hepato-pulmonary syndrome) or decrease urine output/rise in creatinine (hepato-renal syndrome).
- Decompensated cirrhosis: Presence of abdominal swelling (ascites), blood in vomiting or black/red color feaces (variceal bleed), altered behavior/sensorium (hepatic encephalopathy), respiratory discomfort (hepatic hydrothorax or hepato-pulmonary syndrome) or decrease urine output/rise in creatinine (hepato-renal syndrome).
How cirrhosis is diagnosed?
Your doctor will take good history and do proper physical examination. If there is suspicion of cirrhosis then he will subject you to some blood test, ultrasound abdomen, fibroscan/elastography, upper GI endoscopy and if needed CT scan or MRI of abdomen or liver biopsy.
Ultrasound of abdomen in cirrhosis may shows coarse liver echotexture, nodular liver surface, dilated portal vein or collateral, enlarged spleen or abdominal fluid (ascites).
How to prevent cirrhosis?
Best way to avoid development of cirrhosis from predisposing stage of liver illness is to recognize and treat early. Few advices to keep liver healthy are:
- Dietary modification: Eat healthy balanced diet. Avoid high calorie food or drinks, saturated fat, sugar and refined carbohydrates. Keep yourself hydrated.
- Lifestyle modification: Maintain healthy body weight. Avoid being overweight or obese. Aerobic exercise (like brisk walk 30-45min/day atleast 5days/week) regularly helps to lower liver fat.
- Avoid: Avoid use of contaminated needles, sharing of items of personal hygiene (like shaving razors, toothbrush, nail clippers, etc), use of illicit drugs, self medication with over the counter drugs or using drugs beyond doctor`s advice.
- Practice safe protected sex
- Motivate others: to stop drinking and follow hand hygiene and doctor`s advice.
- Hand hygiene: Wash hand with soap and water regularly before eating, after going to toilet and after touching dirty objects.
- Vaccination: For hepatitis A or hepatitis B, if you are not vaccinated or not already infected or unsafe antibody titre. Transmission rate of hepatitis B from mother to child at birth can be reduced with vaccination and immunization of newborn starting within 12 hours of birth as well as by using antiviral drugs (if indicated).
Prevent others from getting infected from you if you harbor virus causing liver damage.
How to treat cirrhosis?
Treatment of cirrhosis is based on cause of cirrhosis and complication of cirrhosis. Main aim of treatment in early stage of cirrhosis is to slow the progression of cirrhosis and prevent complications development
- Stop alcohol, antiviral drugs for hepatitis b or hepatitis C, proper sugar level if diabetes, steroid or other medications for autoimmune hepatitis, medications to reduce copper from body in patients with Wilson's disease, etc.
- Drugs to lower portal pressure (beta-blocker or nitrates), drugs to remove fluid from body (diuretics), drugs to lower ammonia level for encephalopathy (lactulose and others), drugs to improve kidney function (albumin, terlipressin and others).
- Opt for liver ransplant, If cirrhosis is life threatening or treatment of cirrhosis complication is ineffective.
- Low salt high protein diet
- Stop alcohol intake even if you have other cause of cirrhosis.
- Stop smoking
- Avoid over the counter drugs (especially pain killers)
- Vaccinate if not done already or infected
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.