Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Acupuncturists online in 570001. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Mr. KelashYour feedback matters!
Sir, Recently I was suffering from left leg vein problem. Swelling occurred in a spot below knee. I treated by a doctor for 20 days. Swelling comes down. But I went Kasturaba Hospital at Manipal, Udupi. There they suspected left vein Thrombosis. What is this thrombosis? What is the effect to my health? What is the remedy to nullify this thrombosis? Is it affects in future days because, I am 52 years old. Please reply Sir.
Hello my height is 5.7 feet and my body weight is 55 kg. I want to increase my weight, then what can I do for increase weight?
How to reduced the body weight. And lso please mention how to improve the skin color from black to baby pink.
My husband is working software. We got marriage in 2011. He is getting so stressed and I have one child and he want one more kid but I have thyroid and hormones problem. This one tension and his sister are not doing marriage they avoiding that. This is one of tension. Now a days he is fighting too much with me. He is through out of home for small reasons. What to do?
Your knee is a very complex structure consisting of bones, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, muscles and meniscus. Most people encounter knee pain at some point in their lives. If your knee pain is chronic in nature, then it may last for a prolonged period.
Many causes may be responsible for your knee pain. Some of the causes are stated as follows:
1. Your knee is very much prone to injuries. Knee injuries may happen due to accidents, falling down carelessly or while playing sports. The most common knee injuries that may be the cause for your knee pain are mentioned as follows:
- Fractures may cause you to feel pain in the areas of your knee bones.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury (ligament injury caused by twisting and a sudden motion) or Medial Collateral Ligament injury (injury to the tissue in the insides of your knee) is very common to sportspersons and may be the reason for severe knee pain.
- Sometimes your knee bones may get dislocated from their usual alignment. This can also make you experience severe knee pain.
- Ligament injuries, meniscus tear or tendon tear can also be responsible for your knee pain.
2. Sometimes pain in your buttock or foot region can also result in mild knee pain.
3. At times chronic problems like osteoarthritis that affects the cartilage can cause the problem of knee pain. Other chronic problems like Gout, rheumatoid arthritis can also cause severe knee pain.
4. Being overweight can also result in knee pain.
The symptoms of knee pain may be different in each case. The most common symptoms are mentioned below:
- Stiffness of knee
- Swelling of your knee
- You may also feel unstable
- Difficulty in walking or bending of your knee
- You may notice redness in your knee area
Knee pain must not be ignored. It is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an orthopedic as soon as you encounter any of the above mentioned symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
When you get a compliment, 'smart thinking or you are intelligent or that was intelligent of you', you definitely feel good. These comments fill us with confidence, admiration and pride and we want it to happen to us again and again. But owing to a busy schedule and long working hours it might not be possible. Having said this, it does not mean that a person cannot stay intelligent throughout. This can be easily achieved by regular meditation. Regular meditation and yoga helps the mind to be more reflective and efficient.
Here are reasons how yoga and meditation lead to an intellectual learning and growth:
- Utilizes the brain: Almost everyone uses one half of their brain more and this leads to imbalance. Meditation is believed to sync the left and the right hemispheres, thereby allowing neural connection and great processing power. When logical left and creative right brains start working in harmony, then solving problems becomes easy; and it also increases creativity, deep thinking comes to be known of and concentration and focus magnifies. Highly successful people usually display whole brain synchronization.
- Functional capabilities of brain enhance due to meditation: Research backs it that meditation increases the gray matter thickness of the brain regions, thus making the brain smarter, bigger and faster. This is very similar to doing physical exercise which makes the muscles denser and stronger. The increase in Functional Capabilities of brain is based on the concept of neuroplasticity, which states that our intelligence is not based on genetics and there are some things which can be done to improve the way our brain works. Meditation is a good brain enhancer with an ability to increase intelligence.
- Beneficial brainwave patterns can be seen: Meditation can help to guide the brainwaves into beneficial frequencies. The frequencies: alpha, theta and delta when guided can show case a myriad of benefits including idea generation, creativity, cognitive functioning, and intellectual capacity. Meditation helps to transform these beneficial states of mind and help boost the IQ.
- Develops intuition and insights: These are generally obtained through listening and developing to the inner voice. Thus meditation forms to be the basic key to tap these latent abilities. The intelligence can be mapped through tests and quizzes and is valuable at each level to stimulate insights and creativity. As per some people, inner intelligence, is considered to be the most important and best success in the world. Successful people including Steve Jobs have stated that their super revolutionary ideas and business acumen came through their intuition.
- Meditation helps in improving both short and long term memory: The key memory areas hippocampus and frontal lobe show increase in activity during meditation. By stimulating these areas, the short and long term memories are improved.