Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in 24 Parganas. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shikha Attri SahaYour feedback matters!
With the wedding season nearly approaching, you should be ready for several parties and gatherings and lots of photographs to be clicked. You would surely want to look good on every wedding occasion. Hence you should make sure that your teeth are at their best, when it comes to looking good. The teeth are responsible for shaping the perfect smile, and so you must take measures to make your teeth look stunning in order to get your smile ready for the upcoming wedding season.
Here are some tips on how you should take care of your teeth:
- Whiten your teeth: You can avail a quick whitening service for your teeth from a dental clinic. This will make your teeth brighter and much whiter, which will enhance your smile. Always get teeth whitening done from a clinic instead of using whiteners bought from stores, as the latter do not work as effectively. Moreover, teeth whitening done at a clinic is not much expensive.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene: If you want to get perfectly white teeth ready for the wedding season, you should maintain your oral hygiene routine strictly. Brushing and flossing should be practiced regularly, and you should also use a mouthwash. Brush two times a day and take time to brush. Maintain healthy teeth to make them look beautiful and get the most perfect smile.
- Use strategic makeup colors: Several colors can be used to enhance the whiteness of your teeth. Using bright red lipstick would make the teeth look better and brighter with a nice overall contrast. You can choose from different shades of red, pink or cherry of a warm tone. Blue toned lipsticks make a bad contrast against stains and the yellow tinge on the teeth is brought out. You can also use a Bronzer.
- Remove stains: You should try to remove any stain from your teeth and ensure that no further stains are caused. After having any dark beverage like red wine or syrup drinks, make sure to remove the stains instantly. This can be done simply by wiping the stains with a napkin.
- Keep your face and smile relaxed: For the most beautiful and natural smile, you should have a relaxed facial expression. Avoid making hyperactive expressions as these make your smile look artificial. Do not show an expression that looks as if a lot of effort has been put into it. The most beautiful smile is a natural one.
Following these tips, you will be able to get your smile ready for the wedding season. Your smile will be at its best, and you will look amazing in every single picture that will be clicked. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I am having cold and fluctuating fever along with sensation in teeth since last week. What should I do? Please help me.
In my teeth a black spot like hole is found and one of the front tooth is loose from the gum how to get rid of that. Please help me?
Hello, l am 21 year old, recently i've treated with rootcanal and crowning (zirconia) for front teeth. And now I am facing cold sensitivity while drinking water. So please suggest me. What should I do?
Hello , I am experiencing excess salivation since very long but it get discontinued in between but again recur sometimes always hving urge to spit then .Help me out.
Hello Dr. I am dental student. My mom is suffering from lupus. She had taken treatment but also what should I do now for her better relif ? So please suggest mi and help !
Hello. I am 25 years old and considering for having teeth braces as my front 4 teeth r having space between them can you please tell me how much time it will take?
Hello Dr. I brush my teeth twice daily and gargle after every meal but then too my teeth are facing a very severe damage. Please help?
Wisdom tooth is coming out and its paining alot in the gum above the wisdom tooth. Suggest me something so that I can get some relief.
You may often find that no matter how much you brush your teeth or whichever teeth whitener you might use, your teeth still appear stained and your smile still appears dull. There are certain foods, such as coffee, alcohol like red wine, soya sauce etc. which can be considered obvious culprits. However, it is not only the foods that cause staining, several other factors contribute to this as well. Following is a list of 5 things which can stain your teeth sooner than you think.
1. High intake of tea
Research has suggested that tea, be it brewed tea, green tea or iced tea, causes a high level of staining in your teeth; often in levels much higher than coffee. This is because tea contains a high level of tannins and also high amounts of acid, which aid the staining process, and eventually lead to much yellower teeth and long-lasting stains.
2. Drinking high amounts of lemonade
Lemonade is rich in sugars and acids, which effectively lead to wearing down of the enamel and exposing the next layer called the dentin, which itself is yellow in color. This makes the teeth appear yellowish. In cases where the enamel coating on your teeth is thin, the acid erosion takes place quicker; often leading to stained teeth. This condition may often become permanent or semi-permanent, with modes of reversal becoming increasingly difficult.
3. Extended periods of medication-intake
Injuries or illnesses, which lead to taking medications for sustained periods, can negatively affect the flow of blood to the teeth. This may lead to discoloration and staining. Certain medications, such as cough syrups which are rich in sugars can, also result in yellowing of teeth.
4. Swimming for long durations
Swimming for prolonged periods [usually around 6 hours a week in chemically-treated pools, can also lead to the browning of your teeth. This is because, often when you open your mouth and let water in, you allow certain chemicals to enter your mouth which can have adverse reaction on the tooth enamel. This ultimately leads to teeth corrosion and eventual staining.
5. Having excessive sugary drinks
Certain drinks which contain large amounts of synthetic food coloring increase sugar levels and aid the growth of bacteria in your mouth, thus causing tooth decay and discoloration of teeth.